Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

do you believe in God? Options · View
heat23
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:20:20 PM

100% yes I do
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:20:34 PM

I am not the most spiritual person but I do believe in God
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:53:05 PM

No, I don't believe in god. To me, god is right up there with Santa as a means of control. When I was a child it was be good, or you won't get any presents. Now I'm all grown up, it's be good or you'll go to hell.

As has been said previously, I have no problem with those that believe. It just isn't for me.
kornslayer1
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:05:56 PM

Quite honestly, I love the fact that you can believe pretty much whatever you want to in this country. If you believe in god, it's accepted for the most part. People like myself may roll their eyes, but you an just hold up the finger if you want. I have wondered how we all came to be here, but I really think that the god theory is just an convenient excuse. You can't explain it, so this god created earth, and start the human race with two people. In the end, I just don't care how everything started, maybe because we'll never actually know. I don't believe god, jesus, budda, or whatever you believe in will ever actually come, and explain. I'm definitely not one to tell people their beliefs are dumb, that's just me. Call me crazy, but I don't think a single religious person wants everything explained. Then someone is gonna be proven wrong, and then people won't have this to argue over anymore. I don't have any interest in becoming religious, so I think for the this to be the greatest country in the world, people have to stop trying to convert people, and stop shoving their beliefs down people's throats. It's fine if you wanna believe in it, but leave me, and everyone else that wants nothing to do with it out of it. I, like everyone else, loves it when you have your cake, and eat it too. Although, you still gotta pick your battles.

I don't have anything recommended by the mods, but I'm sure you'll be satisfied with any of my stories. I work hard on each one and do my best to capture the reader. Give any of them a whirl. Here are a few favorites.
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/seduction/the-night-i-saw-my-step-mom-masturbating.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/the-fight-of-a-lifetime-1.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/my-daughters-tutor.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/taking-revenge-with-my-step-son.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/we-met-on-lushstoriescom-1.aspx
dpw
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:17:06 PM

I suppose I believe there is or was something that started it all but I don't know who or what!
I certainly don't believe in religion though.
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:44:01 PM

I'm a very spiritual person and yes I believe in God. Do I go around proclaiming to know his will (right/wrong, sinful nature and all that) no.
BigPuss
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:51:28 PM

Alex7 wrote:
No, I don't believe in god. To me, god is right up there with Santa as a means of control. When I was a child it was be good, or you won't get any presents. Now I'm all grown up, it's be good or you'll go to hell.

As has been said previously, I have no problem with those that believe. It just isn't for me.

thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup
BigPuss
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:59:03 PM

L46 Fooled Ya.
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:00:47 PM

Matter didn't create itself out of a void.

CrossOfStAndrew
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:12:06 PM

I don't know. And neither does anyone else. In the meantime, better to go by the 5 objective senses we do have and live by the things we all can objectively substantiate.
angieseroticpen
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:41:56 AM

Of course I do.

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
BigPuss
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:46:19 AM

CrossOfStAndrew wrote:
I don't know. And neither does anyone else. In the meantime, better to go by the 5 objective senses we do have and live by the things we all can objectively substantiate.

thumbup thumbup thumbup
Paige42985
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:37:19 AM

I certainly do because i shouldn't be alive today and I am and God is the only thing that I know saved my life! My faith is very strong and it is something i keep close to my heart!

Believe in yourself and all things are possible
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:23:06 AM

“I do believe that there are gods, and in a far higher sense than that in which any of my accusers believe in them.”
― Socrates, The Apology
insatiable
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 9:52:02 PM

Although I don't go to church every Sunday, I do believe in God..
insatiable
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 9:56:55 PM

HotBttmInBriefs wrote:
I do believe in God. I am not a good practicing Christian. In fact I am a sinner and I recognize that. I know what my faults are and they are mine --- not his.

I also don't recognize him as a God who is responsible for everything evil in the world simply because he created it. In man's mind they see him as a creator who has control over every part of his creation but God did not create mankind in that way. He created man with free will. He does not control any of our minds or actions. Even with Adam and Eve he gave them a command but did not control what they could or could not do. They were tempted. They made the choice to sin. I am thankful that he did that.

Life would be no fun without free will.

I choose to do what I do and that is on me and not him. I make the decisions I make even though I know it comes in conflict with his teachings at times. And I will have to live with that. I'm not going to blame him for my choices no more than I would blame my parents for the choices and decisions I have made.

Many times growing up I was told not to do things by them. Often I chose to do it anyway and many times I got hurt or had to face consequences because of it. It wasn't their fault. That was my fault.

I disagree.. I believe in destiny.. And I believe that no matter what decisions you are going to make, the end it's going to be what's written out for you by Him..
There's the illusion of the free will..
smiley69
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 12:30:28 AM

Yes I Do. Father God, Son and Holy Ghost.
First part of the question tho ... is do you "believe", and that asks us what our belief system is. We all have one. How it is made up and operates in each and every one of us, is as varied as every one is an individual. When parts of the belief systems are common with a number of people, that's cool because we can hang out enjoyably together.
Enough said about the "cornerstone" of us all. God is spiritual, eternal, and sovereign. Putting "God" into something physical, theoretical, or philosophical are "man made" concepts which bears out religions, doctrines, dogmas and rules. And from those come opinions, difference of opinions, arguments and yes even wars. So "let go" and "let God" ....do His buisness.
Our hearts are the spiritual portals to our beings. The "free will" is the door that opens / closes to what ever "we" let in or out. Whatever goes thru that door then passes thru our minds, souls ( will & emotions ) and has a physical effect.
So what is in your heart? :-)
DanielleX
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 1:17:35 AM

Yes, I do. When you consider everything, for there to be no God is more unbelievable.

I don't think he is a an old man with a long white beard, but there is some benevolent spirit that created everything using scientific principles that we are slowly discovering. For me evolution and creation go hand in hand. Maybe God is a woman but I suspect she transcends gender.

I can't say what physical or even ethereal form God takes, but I am sure he/she is there.

So, I hear you ask, if there is a God why do babies die and why is there floods and famine and murder?

My answer is that, as human beings we are flawed and constantly sin because sin is part of what we are. But we have choice that God gave us and we can chose to do good or bad. A God that could intervene and stop everything bad happening would make for a strange life, where we have no choice and no destiny. Many things that happen are forces of nature and we can do nothing to stop them. We must use our planet and our lives to make other people happy and love our fellow man and woman.

olfart
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 3:35:57 AM

Why was this topic even brought up on this site? Other then for the sake of general conversation.
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 3:56:03 AM

I never believed in god though i born in Such place where you could get many gods.....Is that necessary believe in something which is not there at all...All i believe is me the hard work i put in and NOTHING ELSE...
1LovelyKinkyKitsune
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:53:01 PM

Yes I definately believe in God. It is a wellspring where I can draw hope and strength and gain peace. I respect the right of people to pray how they wish, make their own choices, come to their own understandings, and for people to worship or attend their religious services however suits their need.

To quote the olfart, lol:
olfart wrote:
Why was this topic even brought up on this site? Other then for the sake of general conversation.

You are right. I'd rather focus on our shared similarities and common interests on here. stirthepot

beinggood
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 12:26:42 AM

Yes i sure do but do not push my religion on others..I think it's a personal thing and to be respected

doing my best to be good..
Karranaz
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 1:28:16 AM

"I do believe in God the father Almighty creator of heaven and Earth"... (the apostles creed). This line rings true to me till this very day I call it divine faith. A personal belief to something or someone who is true but cannot be seen. I am a believing child of six who is wiser than an unbelieving genius of sixty. Or, as St. Paul described the unbelievers of every generation, “the more they called themselves philosophers, the more stupid they grew” (Romans 1:22). Certainly it takes humility of mind to accept divine revelation, but the reward of faith is lucidity of mind for which there is no counterpart in human erudition.

BigPuss
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 9:26:40 PM

Teen_lover
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 10:14:30 PM

The nature has one and that is ' who come to this earth has to be gone a day'. So the god/goddess has died already. Now we have only science and technology and huminity to live.
ToshLoveCC
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2014 7:31:00 AM

Yes, I do. I was raised United Methodist.

The FAQ of God are:

Q: Why would God allow innocent people, including children to die such horrible deaths?
A: God doesn't hold much control over what happens in our lives. Every person is given FREE WILL to do what they want, and other people fall victim to what they do, unfortunately. During the Sandy Hook Elementary or Columbine shootings, someone entered those buildings with the pure intention of causing harm and they were successful. In the Bible, it is also written that life isn't going to be a cakewalk. Life will never be peaceful, there will always be turbulence and trying times. People will die on the count of brutal evil and nothing can be done about it. God isn't an entity that stands guard over people to prevent sadness, sickness, and death. He is our Creator and Redeemer that helps us heal and get through these atrocities. And yes, those innocent babies and teachers at Sandy Hook that were murdered so...grotesquely, they are happy and at peace now. angel7

These things, sadly, have to happen for our lives to be shaped the way they are. God is not responsible for those acts, for they are acts of the Devil. Humanity is "fair game" to good or evil, that's how our species thrives. Unfortunately in this day in age, issues like these are what bring progress, regardless if it is positive or not, to the world. They inspire new organizations or movements to prevent new atrocities from occurring or encourage people to become public speakers, doctors, police officers, or writers from what they've experienced. They grow to appreciate priceless moments in life and are able to take a new perspective on what they've accomplished. Every event that happens, whether this missing plane in Malaysia or the explosions in Harlem, NY, happen for unexplainable reasons. Just know that it isn't God's doing. This life is guaranteed to no one, so live each day like it is your last.

^Those are my beliefs, so respect them.

RIP to all of the victims of the events I mentioned. love9

Truemalduke
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:49:18 PM

I think that if a god did exist, in the Judeo-Christian sense, that such a being would be far beyond the understanding of flawed, imperfect creatures like human beings. That being said, I personally identify as agnostic.

Just keep wallowing in your own chaotic insecure delusions.
CliffordAClavin
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:49:36 PM

I was raised Baptist, but over the years my beliefs have changed. Now I'm not sure what to believe, but I don't believe in any literal interpretations of the Bible. I believe the Bible can make a decent rule book in some ways, but those that use it as a tool to judge others are as evil as the devil himself. Those who follow it for themselves may find peace and those who go out of their way to disobey it may find their own private hell. That is about as far as I'll go. If there really is some omnipotent, omnipresent power who is watching all this, I'm not convinced he's a fellow worthy of worshiping with all the injustice and suffering in the world. Thus, at the moment I lean toward the Atheist camp (but not really ready to commit to it).
krimexplorer
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 7:48:11 AM

I do believe in God, although I will also say that God may not be too happy with some of the things I do. There are certain things that I do enjoy that God may not be pleased with, but I do not deny HIM his power and deity.
Ace1047
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:52:45 PM

I believe in the Machine God, not in the god of abraham.

And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.