Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : How many books have you read this year?
Choice Votes Statistics
0 3 8 %
1 1 2 %
2 6 17 %
3 0 0 %
4 2 5 %
5 0 0 %
6 1 2 %
7 1 2 %
8+ 21 60 %

How many books have you read so far this year? Options · View
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 12:14:37 PM

nicola wrote:
Jillicious wrote:
Do textbooks count?

I should have stated for entertainment / relaxation purposes, unless you relax by reading textbooks? dontknow

Well it just so happens I do.

I read at least 2 books a month, sometimes more. When pressed for time I can read a book like "The Reader" the day of my monthly book club discussion and dinner. Granted, I spend the entire day reading it. Setting your own schedule has benefits.

(* One of my dogs learned how to open the sliding screen door, she has no interest in closing it.
mercianknight
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 12:07:53 PM

I am truly envious of those of you who have read 7+ books already this year. I used to be a voracious reader, but over the last few years the time just seems to slip away and I'm lucky if I can get a book a month under my belt. **sighs**

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:51:08 PM

Only three. I wish I had more time to read more. With work, family and the girlfriend I only get an hour or two to myself a night.

maeann
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:16:32 PM

I read while the teacher is having lecture lol
INNOCENTMISERY
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 8:27:24 AM

I don't know the exact number, but I know it's at least ten or fifteen. Hell, I read the entire Twilight series in a week.

"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Pixie
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 8:57:43 AM

INNOCENTMISERY wrote:
I don't know the exact number, but I know it's at least ten or fifteen. Hell, I read the entire Twilight series in a week.

What about the House Of Night series? Have you gotten into those?

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
INNOCENTMISERY
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:02:55 AM

Pixie wrote:
What about the House Of Night series? Have you gotten into those?

Not yet. I've had a few people recommend them to me. Right now, I'm in the process of finishing L.A. Banks' The Vampire Huntress Legend series.

"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Pixie
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 5:04:23 PM

You should definetly check them out! There are 7 in the series so far.

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
sazraz
Posted: Friday, May 7, 2010 2:52:52 PM

havent read as many as last year...maybe about 9 books so far... i read that many in 6 weeks during the summer when i was on holiday
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:17:40 PM

maeann wrote:
I read while the teacher is having lecture lol

I read while students are taking exams lol.

I've read three books since December, But I am in the middle of three that are nearly complete. I have one on my iPhone, another on my iPad, and a paperback that kicks around the house. Wherever I happen to be I am working my way through reading something. I just completed Under the Dome by Steven King. That should count for at least two; it was particularly long winded. I am working two full time jobs at the moment, so time has been tight since Jan. I am hoping with the summer break, that I am able to do more reading and writing. /me crosses my fingers.
ReallyHard
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 11:39:32 AM

Thog not read good.

Actually, I've gone through a half a dozen so far, with 2 more that I'm currently reading.

Making Do

This Old House