Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Ladies Do you Find it Rude or Offensive If Men Offer Opinion/Comment on This Forum Topic "Ask t Options · View
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:17:29 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,890
I ask because one member has stated in a post that he believes it is rude for men to offer an opinion or comment, because it is an "Ask the Ladies" forum.
Another member has stated that because it is a public forum it is acceptable which I agree with - but it is your forum so it is your call. I will abid by your advices.scratch
Musigal
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:18:21 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/16/2013
Posts: 225
Location: Australia
I think it's fine. Just like how us gals sometimes comment on the ask the guys section..
She
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:21:49 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,547
Location: Europe
Depends on how you state your answer, if and how rude you are, if you are mocking op or someone because of their answer or if you are just sharing from your point of view what op has asked...but I don't think ladies find it offensive nor rude (in general) just irritating if you are, as said before, not playing nicely.
Dani
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:13:08 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 5,742
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
It's fine in moderation. I answer in 'Ask the Guys' sometimes, but not very often. Sometimes a male opinion on some things is refreshing. But I will admit that I find it a bit annoying when the first response to a question in this section is from a guy...like dude, give us a chance. Not to mention it can come off as arrogant, especially when it comes to questions like how well we know our own bodies or what things we find satisfying.

I also find it annoying when I see the same guy(s) respond to nearly every question asked here...especially if it's something unnecessary or to mock the OP and/or his or her question. We can tell if a question is dumb without a guy having to come in and wave the 'dumb question' flag. To me that always comes off as, 'Don't pay attention to this guy...pay attention to me.' And going out of your way to mock the OP when they weren't really talking to you anyway kind of makes you come out looking like the prick, in my opinion.

As I said, the male perspective can be refreshing. But sometimes your opinion isn't necessary, and you should be mature enough to recognize that and leave things be. Especially if it's not productive and you're just doing it to boast your own knowledge or sexual prowess or whatever else you feel the need to tell us. In fact, that can be applied to any thread in the forum.


Frank
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:27:04 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/16/2011
Posts: 11,467
Location: Pleasure dome, United Kingdom

As one who is constantly questioning his sexuality, or is that state of mind?
I am often confused.
I seek solace with the ladies, like minds .....
Hell, lets face it, it's good to mix it up a little.

Big Hugs


Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

CurlyGirly
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:59:18 AM

Rank: CurlyFries

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 1,829
Location: United States
Dani wrote:
It's fine in moderation. I answer in 'Ask the Guys' sometimes, but not very often. Sometimes a male opinion on some things is refreshing. But I will admit that I find it a bit annoying when the first response to a question in this section is from a guy...like dude, give us a chance. Not to mention it can come off as arrogant, especially when it comes to questions like how well we know our own bodies or what things we find satisfying.

I also find it annoying when I see the same guy(s) respond to nearly every question asked here...especially if it's something unnecessary or to mock the OP and/or his or her question. We can tell if a question is dumb without a guy having to come in and wave the 'dumb question' flag. To me that always comes off as, 'Don't pay attention to this guy...pay attention to me.' And going out of your way to mock the OP when they weren't really talking to you anyway kind of makes you come out looking like the prick, in my opinion.

As I said, the male perspective can be refreshing. But sometimes your opinion isn't necessary, and you should be mature enough to recognize that and leave things be. Especially if it's not productive and you're just doing it to boast your own knowledge or sexual prowess or whatever else you feel the need to tell us. In fact, that can be applied to any thread in the forum.


This! thumbup

I do like to see a bit of variety and guys responding every now and then, because it can keep things interesting. I've certainly posted in Ask the Guys a time or two. However, there are the same 3 or 4 guys who seem to be first responders to the majority of questions in Ask the Gals and that gets old fast. Also, the fisticuffs and name calling that happens almost always seems to be caused by guys posting in Ask the Gals. If you're going to post in here, please check your testosterone at the door. You guys even have something to say when we're asked how it feels to have a penis hitting our cervix. laughing9

Like I said, variety is a good thing, but you know what they say about too much of a good thing...



It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?



RavenStar
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:09:49 AM

Rank: Story Verifier
Moderator

Joined: 2/22/2013
Posts: 2,165
Location: United States
It's fine, as long as the guy is being respectful, actually addressing the thread topic, and not being a troll.

My 2 cents




Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:30:41 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,890
B: I think it's okay, in moderation. This IS our place after all and to have a guy answer a question for us girls is a little strange. But as Dani said, if he's actually contributing, then I don't see a big problem.
hayley
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:20:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/19/2012
Posts: 957
Location: NYC, United States
Musigal wrote:
I think it's fine. Just like how us gals sometimes comment on the ask the guys section..


ooooops! blonde moment... I actually thought this was where the guys asked the girls questions and we answered.. so why wouldn't they comment on our answers?? it's a forum?


dpw
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:26:36 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/15/2013
Posts: 4,457
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
SubSisters wrote:
B:This IS our place after all and to have a guy answer a question for us girls is a little strange.

Gremlins deleted it!
Lush is similar to La Cage Aux Folles, not all the folk are who or what they portray!
Like the song Lola:
"Girls will be boys and boys will be girls it's a mixed up muddled up shook up world"
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:50:05 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 671,890
B: What are you trying to say, Derek {}
billybroadband
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 3:57:36 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/29/2013
Posts: 1,059
Location: United States
well, I know it pisses me off

“Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry.” ― Jack Kerouac
beinggood
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 12:09:51 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/29/2011
Posts: 463
Location: United States
dont care one way or the other....

doing my best to be good..
hayley
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:12:09 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/19/2012
Posts: 957
Location: NYC, United States
beinggood wrote:
dont care one way or the other....


neither do I ... :D


ToshLoveCC
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:57:30 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/4/2012
Posts: 419
Location: United States
Dani wrote:
It's fine in moderation. I answer in 'Ask the Guys' sometimes, but not very often. Sometimes a male opinion on some things is refreshing. But I will admit that I find it a bit annoying when the first response to a question in this section is from a guy...like dude, give us a chance. Not to mention it can come off as arrogant, especially when it comes to questions like how well we know our own bodies or what things we find satisfying.

I also find it annoying when I see the same guy(s) respond to nearly every question asked here...especially if it's something unnecessary or to mock the OP and/or his or her question. We can tell if a question is dumb without a guy having to come in and wave the 'dumb question' flag. To me that always comes off as, 'Don't pay attention to this guy...pay attention to me.' And going out of your way to mock the OP when they weren't really talking to you anyway kind of makes you come out looking like the prick, in my opinion.

As I said, the male perspective can be refreshing. But sometimes your opinion isn't necessary, and you should be mature enough to recognize that and leave things be. Especially if it's not productive and you're just doing it to boast your own knowledge or sexual prowess or whatever else you feel the need to tell us. In fact, that can be applied to any thread in the forum.


She stated this perfectly...

Some men (a few in particular) are so damn annoying on here and they come off as arrogant and condescending with the way they speak to people. It's kind of ridiculous. "Who asked you?!" I always say! bootyshake





Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:27:21 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,590
Location: Your dirty fantasy
It doesn't bother me. They're just posts on an internet forum. If it adds to the topic/conversation or makes me laugh then I'm all for it.

MadMartigan
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:27:44 PM

Rank: Raised on Blackroot

Joined: 6/17/2013
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
It doesn't bother me. They're just posts on an internet forum. If it adds to the topic/conversation or makes me laugh then I'm all for it.



If anything, people take the forum WAY too seriously a lot of times. dontknow

And that doesn't just pertain to this section either.
1nympholes
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 4:31:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/31/2012
Posts: 930
Location: Bare Beach USA, United States
I don't care for it a great deal and some men comment more than any woman.

Having said that there is time when am mans comment is very useful. As he explains why men may do or react to a situation as they do. This could be of benefit all.






The girl who started early at this game of sexual pleasure, This girl that never seems to get as much as she wants, at least from the right people. But now certainly the woman that will test all the paths of pleasure with you.
KOJA
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 7:59:30 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/4/2012
Posts: 52
Location: United States
stirthepot
Guest wrote:
I ask because one member has stated in a post that he believes it is rude for men to offer an opinion or comment, because it is an "Ask the Ladies" forum.
Another member has stated that because it is a public forum it is acceptable which I agree with - but it is your forum so it is your call. I will abid by your advices.scratch
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.