Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Accents? Options · View
MatureMichael
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:50:16 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/23/2013
Posts: 102
Location: United States
secretspice wrote:
Any type of accent turns me...absolutely drives me crazy~~


Especially when that voice is beckoning me to make love to her.
cuddinrick
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:11:47 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/12/2014
Posts: 33
Location: Youngstown, United States
Mostly Scottish, or Irish, or Australian, but some English accents can get the heart pumping. BUT! it has to be from a lady person....guy accents don't do much for me. Example; Billie Piper or Kiera Knightley, could say anything she wanted to me and my jeans would get sticky....Hugh Grant...not so much.

Bostonian, New Yorker, or New Jersey accents along with all Southern (US) accents make people sound illiterate (TO ME!) BUT! again I have heard a few ladies (don't know where they were from) with a southern accent that I could listen to all night and into the morning.

Just Sayin'
Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:30:14 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,251
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
cuddinrick wrote:
Mostly Scottish, or Irish, or Australian, but some English accents can get the heart pumping. BUT! it has to be from a lady person....guy accents don't do much for me. Example; Billie Piper or Kiera Knightley, could say anything she wanted to me and my jeans would get sticky....Hugh Grant...not so much.

Bostonian, New Yorker, or New Jersey accents along with all Southern (US) accents make people sound illiterate (TO ME!) BUT! again I have heard a few ladies (don't know where they were from) with a southern accent that I could listen to all night and into the morning.

Just Sayin'


If you're interested, I have lots of audios of my stories, read in my naughty Scottish tongue ;)

I've recorded audios for quite a few other writers on this site too...
dpw
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:24:41 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/15/2013
Posts: 4,448
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Mazza wrote:


If you're interested, I have lots of audios of my stories, read in my naughty Scottish tongue ;)

I've recorded audios for quite a few other writers on this site too...

Is that like a, "I know a lassie a bonnie, bonnie lassie", type accent? Lol.
You can't beat a bit of naughty tongue, whatever the accent!
Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:42:02 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,251
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
dpw wrote:

Is that like a, "I know a lassie a bonnie, bonnie lassie", type accent? Lol.
You can't beat a bit of naughty tongue, whatever the accent!


My tongue is very naughty, dear ;)

Do feel free to take a listen (although, perhaps I need to write some which would be to your taste...)

Big Hugs
heymoe
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:34:23 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 4/4/2011
Posts: 53
Location: greatest country in the world !, United States
"and the southern girls with the way they talk, they knock me out when I'm down there"
dpw
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:41:53 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/15/2013
Posts: 4,448
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
heymoe wrote:
"and the southern girls with the way they talk, they knock me out when I'm down there"

Erm, what, exactly, are you doing down there?confused1
thor12300
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:03:04 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/3/2013
Posts: 114
Location: Poole, United Kingdom
I think it would be Italian or South African, although a Welsh girl can always win me over. :)
SecretFeelings
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:32:11 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 3/1/2014
Posts: 28
Location: United States
I have a British accent but not the slang, men find it attractive in a way. I think the sexiest accent has to be Irish!
dpw
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 3:33:51 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/15/2013
Posts: 4,448
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
SecretFeelings wrote:
I have a British accent but not the slang, men find it attractive in a way. I think the sexiest accent has to be Irish!

That sounds awfully nice, do I detect an ex pat?
BlackVelvet89
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 12:21:31 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/1/2014
Posts: 43
Location: United Kingdom
I always find it amusing when foreigners say they like 'the british accent'. Have you any idea how many accents there are in britain!!? There's a different accent for practically every city. I'm from yorkshire & we certainly don't sound like the typical posh london or cockney as seen on tv!!
Back to the question though. I love accents, my partner's Scottish I do love a Scottish accent - though do struggle to understand the western Scottish sometimes! I lived in North Eastern Scotland for a few years so I've ended up with a Scottish twang in mine! Love most of the american one's I've heard. I think one which grates on my the most though & I can't stand is a Scouser accent!! :/ (Sorry any Scousers out there! LOL)
SecretFeelings
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 2:46:05 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 3/1/2014
Posts: 28
Location: United States
BlackVelvet89 wrote:
I always find it amusing when foreigners say they like 'the british accent'. Have you any idea how many accents there are in britain!!? There's a different accent for practically every city. I'm from yorkshire & we certainly don't sound like the typical posh london or cockney as seen on tv!!
Back to the question though. I love accents, my partner's Scottish I do love a Scottish accent - though do struggle to understand the western Scottish sometimes! I lived in North Eastern Scotland for a few years so I've ended up with a Scottish twang in mine! Love most of the american one's I've heard. I think one which grates on my the most though & I can't stand is a Scouser accent!! :/ (Sorry any Scousers out there! LOL)


I'm laughing, I'm a "scouser". Some people find it confusing. Say we talk in a bit of a rush. Slur our words too much. I grew up knowing that the term was more of a Liverpudlian. Heard the term scouser hear and there from my friends but thats it. I grew up as a child living in toxeth. Ever visited? And I remember my stepmother had more of an Bradford accent.
ToshLoveCC
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 3:20:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/4/2012
Posts: 409
Location: United States
I enjoy any accent. laughing6





naughtykellypreston
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 3:40:10 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/18/2014
Posts: 129
Location: London UK, United Kingdom
as an English girl i have been around accents all my life. i fine a posh English accent a real turn OFF. cant stand it.

i love a slow cockney drawl (middle class London accent) i also love Australian, south African (especially dutch Afrikaner) and New Zealand accents. find them very sexy and a big turn on
Mysteria27
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 3:51:14 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2013
Posts: 3,185
Location: Somewhere in the USA, United States
I enjoy:

Irish
British
Austrailian
Italian
French



BlackVelvet89
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 4:05:47 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/1/2014
Posts: 43
Location: United Kingdom
SecretFeelings wrote:


I'm laughing, I'm a "scouser". Some people find it confusing. Say we talk in a bit of a rush. Slur our words too much. I grew up knowing that the term was more of a Liverpudlian. Heard the term scouser hear and there from my friends but thats it. I grew up as a child living in toxeth. Ever visited? And I remember my stepmother had more of an Bradford accent.


Oops! Sorry, hope I didn't offend you!! That term's used a lot round here for Liverpudlians! As for Toxeth, nope don't think I've been there, I've only been to Liverpool once or twice & no idea where exactly I was! dontknow I know Bradford all too well, my sister used to live there.
SecretFeelings
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 4:29:04 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 3/1/2014
Posts: 28
Location: United States
BlackVelvet89 wrote:


Oops! Sorry, hope I didn't offend you!! That term's used a lot round here for Liverpudlians! As for Toxeth, nope don't think I've been there, I've only been to Liverpool once or twice & no idea where exactly I was! dontknow I know Bradford all too well, my sister used to live there.


I promise it is fine! I understand where you come from in that point of view. There will always be that accent/dialect that someone just can't understand
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 4:41:58 PM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 6,996
Location: Atlanta, United States
I have a southern drawl, the Georgia variety. There are several different southern accents, and those bad imitations from Hollywood and TV aren't them.

I love Brit accents on women. You can throw in Aussie, Scottish, French, and most European accents too. I like 'em!

jollylolly
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 5:12:02 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/24/2012
Posts: 566
Location: Texas, United States
BlackVelvet89 wrote:
I always find it amusing when foreigners say they like 'the british accent'. Have you any idea how many accents there are in britain!!? There's a different accent for practically every city. I'm from yorkshire & we certainly don't sound like the typical posh london or cockney as seen on tv!!


We foreigners do realize there is more than one British accent, we just like (mostly) all of them.

I've always loved Russian accents too.
SittingBallerina
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:00:00 PM

Rank: Story Verifier
Moderator

Joined: 7/15/2012
Posts: 2,455
Location: Under The Bright Lights, United States
I'm a sucker for the Australian accent and love certain British accents. The more soft-spoken British guys are just oh so cute.
dpw
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:01:41 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/15/2013
Posts: 4,448
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
SecretFeelings wrote:
I have a British accent but not the slang, men find it attractive in a way. I think the sexiest accent has to be Irish!

I've never heard of such a thing as a British accent!
*Spelling! I must have been tired*
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:19:57 PM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 6,996
Location: Atlanta, United States
dpw wrote:

I've never ieare of such a thing as a British accent!


There are several aren't there? I'd like to know the regional differences, broken down smaller than just English, Welch, Scottish and so forth. I'm sure it's much more complicated, just as it is over here in the USA and Canada.

Dudealicious
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:21:21 PM

Rank: Wise Ass
Moderator

Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 5,517
Location: The center of the universe, Canada
Buz wrote:


There are several aren't there? I'd like to know the regional differences, broken down smaller than just English, Welch, Scottish and so forth. I'm sure it's much more complicated, just as it is over here in the USA and Canada.


That right you hose head, you know your stuff eh?

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Buz
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 8:31:40 PM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 6,996
Location: Atlanta, United States
Dudealicious wrote:


That right you hose head, you know your stuff eh?


Who is calling who a hose head, you hoser? You're the Canadian. One of those that keeps plundering our hockey teams before we can even figure out what the hell 'icing' means. What does 'icing' mean? I attend hockey for the fights. Everytime my team scores I yell, "TOUCHDOWN!" I know, I know, the Canadian transplants give me a funny look. But I yell, "They've got Moosehead beer half off at the concession stand" and they take off running.
The problem with Canadians is that you never know they are Canadians, They are so sneaky. And you can't make them mad. I try pouring beer on their heads and 'WHAT?" They love it. Now I'm their best friend. Damn Canadians... you can't stay mad at them long either. Shit, we don't even guard the border with them.

dpw
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 2:34:02 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/15/2013
Posts: 4,448
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Buz wrote:


There are several aren't there? I'd like to know the regional differences, broken down smaller than just English, Welch, Scottish and so forth. I'm sure it's much more complicated, just as it is over here in the USA and Canada.

Haha, the problem is if I give a list of English accents someone will say "you forgot so and so". Well here are some:
Cockney is specificly the East End London accent.
London but with variations depending on where you're from. It's easy to know if you come from north or south of the river.
Brum is Birmingham, it's similar to but distinct from
Black Country which is the West Midlands.
Geordie from Newcastle which I have most difficulty understanding.
Scouse from Liverpook, just think Beatles!
West Country which is Devon and Somerset but is distinct from Cornish that's just from Cornwall.
East Anglian, that's Norfolk and Suffolk.
Mancunian from Manchester
Lancashire and Yorkshire are self explanatory.

Other people are free to add to the list.
agant
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 4:17:27 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 6/13/2012
Posts: 13
Location: Sydney, Australia
As long as she has a smooth, musical kind of voice ;)

I do like South African, various British (but not all), and oddly German haha

_________________________________________
there is always a choice - make it a conscious one
ravenj96
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 10:12:36 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 8/9/2012
Posts: 9
Location: United States
I LOVE women with accents! It's a huge turn on.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2014 3:08:54 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 652,973
Accents are sexy, especially Island girls and Latin chicks
hayley
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 3:53:22 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/19/2012
Posts: 933
Location: NYC, United States
ALL turn me on... Embarassed

does that make me a nymphoaccentic? Embarassed

Guest
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:22:09 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 652,973
I had a very nice voice chat with a gent from England. I adored his accent :)
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.