Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

answering Lush's question Options · View
spitfire
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 5:59:11 AM

in a comment to a story of mine.

I wasn't sure where to do this, here in the forum or in a story comment..feel free to delete it or move it...

Am I Scottish?

No *smile* I'm not, but my character Kendra is. She's mastered the art of making her brogue disappear unless she's tired or emotional. Her husband Ashtus, as well as the man who plays him in the RP room and happens to be my writing partner, is a true blue Scot though.
nicola
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 2:01:11 PM

Thanks Spitfire. The last time I read some Scottish in a story was in Trainspotting. Nice to see different dialects in a story for a change icon_smile
spitfire
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:00:31 PM

Glad you enjoyed it. I have plenty of other non-erotic Kendra stories that are littered with it as well as Gaelic. It's a fetish of mine *L*

and hey, I just noticed you're from Sydney *L* 'Alex' is Australian and they live there.
Posted: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:25:16 PM

My husband speaks Gaelic along with a few other languages.Learned in the Marine Corp. Just sayin.
nicola
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 3:43:31 PM

spitfire wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it. I have plenty of other non-erotic Kendra stories that are littered with it as well as Gaelic. It's a fetish of mine *L*

and hey, I just noticed you're from Sydney *L* 'Alex' is Australian and they live there.

Yes, I'm a relocated Brit. I came over here in 1995 from London for an extended holiday, and ended up staying I liked it so much. Getting a very expensive place to live now though.