Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Teeth Whitening Options · View
SereneProdigy
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 4:35:51 PM

Teeth Whitening

I just stumbled across a Teeth Whitening thread on bodybuilding.com, and a guy found a way to whiten teeth efficiently with a kit that only costs $10-15. Normally the crowd on bodybuilding.com is very rude and hostile, but this thread received quite a lot of attention (53 pages of positive feedback). A few other guys tried it, and apparently it works wonders. This is in fact the very same kit/technique that they use in professional whitening.

My teeth are far from bad, but I guess this is worth checking out since it only costs around $15. I thought I'd share too...

Here's the thread (with instructions):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140440563
(PS: I'm the guy who asked if that kit could also be used to bleach the anus. Kidding, haha.)

Here's the kit:

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Smile-Whitening-Remineralization-Trays-Made/dp/B004IUNPBO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

These before/after pictures were posted by a random guy on that thread (taken the same day, after just one application). No fake-commercial bullshit. You can perform the routine as many times as needed, until the desired color is achieved:

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2014 4:49:49 PM

It looks similar to what I get from my dentist. I had a dental mould created years ago, so I just buy the little squirt tubes from the dentist (the kit is around $20) and use it with the mould. It definitely works - I've used that system twice in my life so far. It's also ten billion times better than any of those Crest White Strips applications. I've used those too and they end up being more expensive and less effective. The drugstore brand whitening strips are good for a little boost before an event or a night out but they don't do much and seem like more hassle and more $$ compared to this kind of system.

elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 8:34:05 PM

This is exciting; ordering it from Amazon. Tired of Crest White Strips; don't mind the time they take if they were any good. So THANK YOU!

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 9:59:21 AM

So.... to those that purchased this product from Amazon - what's the verdict? Yay or nay? :)

SereneProdigy
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 3:41:11 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
So.... to those that purchased this product from Amazon - what's the verdict? Yay or nay? :)

Ah, you just reminded me that I should perform the procedure more often.

For some reason I thought that only one session would make a significant difference; I guess my teeth were already fairly decent. I eat mostly only healthy food (ie. non-sugary) and switched from coffee to tea in the last few months, so my teeth aren't really exposed to staining agents.

Anyway, I used it 3-4 times the first week I received the kit and it did make a difference, just not really a jaw-dropping one. It does what it's supposed to though, it's in fact the exact same product that dentists use. The concentration is fairly high too (35%), I don't think that even dentists are allowed to use a higher concentration. The quality is great too: the molds are fairly flexible/comfortable, the paste is easy to spread in the molds (ie. the syringes let you apply only a small amount at a time without any mess), etc. I received the package only about a week after I placed my order too.

I performed the procedure every other day, not to damage my gums or anything. It didn't really hurt when I used it (I left the molds in my mouth for 30-45 min), though I could definitely feel a little burning sensation on my gums near the end of the session. My teeth were also a little sensitive afterward, but that's normal.

Only a small amount of paste is required for each application, so the kit can last for quite a while. My 3-4 sessions only used 5-10% of the product or so. The blue LED is supposed to accelerate the process, though it's considered a gimmick by some; I'm not sure if I'll keep using it in the future. The kit also comes with a remineralization paste, to use when you've achieved the desired shade; I'll perform a few more sessions before using it myself.

Overall it's a great product, especially for the price: it does what it's supposed to and plenty of product is provided to achieve the desired whitening. It's just not a 'miracle product' as I expected, but then again it's still probably the most effective method to whiten teeth. I don't really want my teeth to glow in the dark either anyway.

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:54:48 AM

SereneProdigy wrote:

Ah, you just reminded me that I should perform the procedure more often.

For some reason I thought that only one session would make a significant difference; I guess my teeth were already fairly decent. I eat mostly only healthy food (ie. non-sugary) and switched from coffee to tea in the last few months, so my teeth aren't really exposed to staining agents.

Anyway, I used it 3-4 times the first week I received the kit and it did make a difference, just not really a jaw-dropping one. It does what it's supposed to though, it's in fact the exact same product that dentists use. The concentration is fairly high too (35%), I don't think that even dentists are allowed to use a higher concentration. The quality is great too: the molds are fairly flexible/comfortable, the paste is easy to spread in the molds (ie. the syringes let you apply only a small amount at a time without any mess), etc. I received the package only about a week after I placed my order too.

I performed the procedure every other day, not to damage my gums or anything. It didn't really hurt when I used it (I left the molds in my mouth for 30-45 min), though I could definitely feel a little burning sensation on my gums near the end of the session. My teeth were also a little sensitive afterward, but that's normal.

Only a small amount of paste is required for each application, so the kit can last for quite a while. My 3-4 sessions only used 5-10% of the product or so. The blue LED is supposed to accelerate the process, though it's considered a gimmick by some; I'm not sure if I'll keep using it in the future. The kit also comes with a remineralization paste, to use when you've achieved the desired shade; I'll perform a few more sessions before using it myself.

Overall it's a great product, especially for the price: it does what it's supposed to and plenty of product is provided to achieve the desired whitening. It's just not a 'miracle product' as I expected, but then again it's still probably the most effective method to whiten teeth. I don't really want my teeth to glow in the dark either anyway.

Thanks for this review - I might have to give it a try.

It's been on my mind because I got a handful of free samples of Crest White Strips (Professional Effects), their 3-D whitening toothpaste and mouthwash recently. I like all three products but admit I don't like the idea of the strips not offering full-coverage for all my teeth... even though when you smile you only see the front ones, it seems weird to not have your entire mouthful of teeth being the same colour. They're good for maybe random fresh-ups, but I think I'll go back to the tray-method. Their 3-D toothpaste and mouthwash are pretty awesome though - I was pleasantly surprised.