Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Incest Category is going to be removed Options · View
Dani
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:06:29 PM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 7,187
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
wolverine15 wrote:
While pushing a moral code on an erotic site seems ridiculous, my own opinion is the site is better off with out the category.


Lack of morals on an erotic site is far more ridiculous, I think. In fact, lack of morals is the downfall of most erotic sites.



OldGeezer
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:10:54 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/12/2010
Posts: 151
Location: Amersham, United Kingdom
As many have said, this site is Nicola's site, and she must have the right to set the rules.

I have written a few stories in which the protagonists are related, but I don't have a problem if they are deleted. To be honest I wrote them because I had seen that of all the categories, it was easiest to get good ratings there, but also I had seen that the quality of writing was probably the lowest.

Personally, I don't have a problem with Incest under any definition, so long as it happens between consenting ADULTS. There should be no hint of pressure or reluctance overcome by the perception of the relationship, i.e. father - daughter/son. It became banned because it was (and still is) detrimental to the gene pool, and the survival of the race. But that's a bit out-dated, now we have effective birth control and understand genetics so much better.
NathanDrake
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:20:35 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/15/2011
Posts: 16
Location: United States
_Candy_ wrote:
Incest wrecks families. I never knew it to be anything but related to shame and pain with the people I know who have suffered from this, until I came to this site and saw the fascination attached to it. The social boundaries that preclude these acts from being acceptable are there for a reason. I do not have a tolerance for it, nor an understanding of it. I refuse to read any story related to this type of relationship. I am happy to see this decision!


Replace the word 'incest' with 'homosexuality' in your post. Now what do you sound like. So perfect. How about 'cross dressing', or 'interracial relationships'. Find your own, its fun.

Anyway, I only had incest stories, and I thank Lush for hosting them for a few years. I had a good run. I'll say it now, I had some of the best incest stories on the site, from its inception. I wasn't a great writer but my characters, dialogue, realism, and tone were unmatched glasses8

Dirty_D
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:23:38 PM

Rank: Head Nurse
Moderator

Joined: 4/15/2011
Posts: 7,543
Location: Soaking up the sun, United States
NathanDrake wrote:
.

Anyway, I only had incest stories, and I thank Lush for hosting them for a few years. I had a good run. I'll say it now, I had some of the best incest stories on the site, from its inception. I wasn't a great writer but my characters, dialogue, realism, and tone were unmatched glasses8



says you


threecats
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:29:40 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 9/16/2010
Posts: 4
Oh well. Not happy about it but I see the administrative headaches. Just have to wonder how many of the cheerleaders for this decision were gobbling this genre up though. I'd wager that category is probably the most sought after story line there is online.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:48:19 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
I understand this decision but I will miss those stories....I in no way approve of incest in real life but the fantasy and the taboo were a turn on for me!! One question though...will we lose our badges that the incest stories brought us such as the famous story badge?
BraveBitch
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:56:56 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/16/2012
Posts: 239
MY QUESTIONS:
-If I go to > My stories > edit > and along with the story, if I change the title of the story, too, then will it show as a new story or will it be same -but with a different title- and won't loose its read counts and score?


-Writing a story about role play incest like, a girl calling her man 'daddy', does it also count under INCEST?


-Stories under different categories but they have mild INCEST contents (getting caught/spying), would they be removed too?



Dirty_D
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 2:59:54 PM

Rank: Head Nurse
Moderator

Joined: 4/15/2011
Posts: 7,543
Location: Soaking up the sun, United States
BraveBitch wrote:
MY QUESTIONS:
-If I go to > My stories > edit > and along with the story, if I change the title of the story, too, then will it show as a new story or will it be same -but with a different title- and won't loose its read counts and score?


-Writing a story about role play incest like, a girl calling her man 'daddy', does it also count under INCEST?


-Stories under different categories but they have mild INCEST contents (getting caught/spying), would they be removed too?





Dancing_Doll wrote:
I know everyone wants fast answers to important questions about story submissions, whether brand new submissions will be required, what happens to views/votes/badges etc, but the mechanics of all of this are still being worked out. This thread was meant as a general announcement.

We greatly appreciate your patience and welcome any questions and comments, and know that they are all being considered as we move forward.

I think it's a good idea to start editing/rewriting stories that you want to salvage, but please hold off on resubmitting them either as 'new stories' or as 're-edited/category-bounced' stories until we have more clarification. Don't forget that even as the category disappears from public view, your stories will still remain 'hidden' in your story portfolio, so there's no immediate rush required.

There will be more specific answers and how-to guides to all of this coming soon, from Nicola.




Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 3:06:18 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
While I can understand from an admin point of view the difficulties of monitoring, the incest category,
I find it a shame that all the stories have been deleted, or going to be deleted, just a shame they couldn't be archived (ie put in to a area where they could be viewed but no longer added to)

I share many of the sentiments that many do, as long as any act depicted is between consenting adults,
from the admin point of view the incest category can be open it depicting reluctance, etc due to parental
pressure which can give the impression of abuse
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 3:28:38 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 7,185
Location: Your dirty fantasy
Update:

The category has now gone offline.

Authors can access their stories under their story list and use the 'edit' function to view them. You should be able to copy them to take offline for reworking/editing (eg. in a Word or text document). Or you can edit and resave them to keep them in your portfolio for the interim. Please don't re-submit them until you hear more details from Nicola on how the submissions process for these stories will work.

Sincere thanks again for your continued patience during this transition.



Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 3:33:38 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
I thought about it more and I have to say this was a good idea.

I never wanted to be pegged as that kind of author and I have plenty more in every category to write, even in a category we don't have (but would be a good replacement)

I will get my badge back eventually and the unsavory element has one less reason to come to Lush.

Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:01:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
_Candy_ wrote:
Incest wrecks families. I never knew it to be anything but related to shame and pain with the people I know who have suffered from this, until I came to this site and saw the fascination attached to it. The social boundaries that preclude these acts from being acceptable are there for a reason. I do not have a tolerance for it, nor an understanding of it. I refuse to read any story related to this type of relationship. I am happy to see this decision!


I agree that incest in real life destroys people's lives but this is supposed to be fantasy!!! As long as it stays in fantasy I see nothing wrong with it as long as all participants are consenting adults!!! There is a huge difference between fantasy and reality!!
robdabaker
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:20:14 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/16/2012
Posts: 22
Location: United States
Let me begin with I feel this a very wrong decision. Not necessarily bad. But wrong. To restrict content because some find it offensive is wrong. As a social website creator I understand the kinds of anger that can arise from content people don't like. But to make drastic changes to the websites content because of it is unfair to those that do like the content. I have three points I'd like to make and I hope that people will read them all and that site admins will take them into consideration:

1) This is a comparison point:
---- In a recent Gallup Poll 46 percent of Americans are still against Marriage Equality. I bring this up because you have 2 categories devoted to this content yet have no plans to remove them or their content. Why? Because it's LESS disapproved of then Incest. Approval rating should have no place in determining whether or not the content is ALLOWED (Visible? Sure. More below). Is it because the act of Incest is Illegal? Well Homosexual acts are still illegal in 14 U.S. states and many other countries. So it can't legality. I must conclude that it boils down to convenience. Convenience for the Mods who moderate those stories (though I'm sure there are mods that aren't comfortable with homosexual content) and convenience for the admins who receive complaints. I don't find convenience to be a valid reason. Though I understand the statement "It's their website they can do what they want."

2) It's fulfilling a fantasy. As is the purpose of all pornography. Experiencing that which we otherwise wouldn't in real life. It's not condoning incest. It's not encouraging real life acts of incest. Hell its not even suggesting incest is a good thing. It's just available for those that want to read it. Which leads me into my last point.

3) If there's anything I've learned with the internet it's that all the content you see is almost always not all the content available. What I see as the greatest way to handle this situation is to put the content back but remove all traces of it. Remove it from the homepage, remove any requirements authors have to write in the incest category for certain badges but still give normal badges to those that do. The only way to access that content is to know where to look. at the bottom of the homepage could be a line of text that reads "To view incest content click here" and that line of text be the actual link to the category. From there the content can look exactly as it did before because that one link will be the only way to possibly view that content. Make all content posted there require the incest tag as it already does and make it so that if it has an incest tag it can't show up in any other category. For those who don't know coding this may sound like a lot but really it would just be changing a little bit of code. I'm not trying to advertise this website I'm just putting the link for those that want to see what I'm trying to explain: REMOVED BY ADMIN (remove spaces) I found this website when I was 13yo playing normal internet flash games. I wasn't allowed to play games on Newgrounds because they blatantly stated there adult content. This site however was approved by my parent because it was just a gaming site. it wasn't until I was 16 or 17 that I noticed the tiny line of text mixed into a paragraph explaining the site all the way at the bottom of the webpage that very discretely said "online sex games". It was very hard to notice as it's the same color as the other text and had no line underneath it like normal hyperlinks but sure enough it was a link to the websites adult content. For 3 years I explored that website and played all of its regular games and never once accidentally found the adult content. You had to explicitly click that hidden link to get to it. That could be the Incest category of Lush. That solution satisfies those that want the content and those that don't want to see it. By all means hide it but don't just get rid of it. Then everyone wins!!!
SanchoHardbottle
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:20:46 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/13/2007
Posts: 38
Location: United States
I have an idea, let's get rid of the sex stories all together. There won't be Any stories on here that might possibly offend anyone that way! I mean it's not like people have the option not to read stories on here that they don't like. Yay! we'll have a site solely for elitist pricks!
robdabaker
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:26:37 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/16/2012
Posts: 22
Location: United States
SanchoHardbottle wrote:
I have an idea, let's get rid of the sex stories all together. There won't be Any stories on here that might possibly offend anyone that way! I mean it's not like people have the option not to read stories on here that they don't like. Yay! we'll have a site solely for elitist pricks!


Alright that's not helpful Sancho there are constructive ways to find a solution to this. Insulting the content owners is not one of them. If everyone stays calm and keeps an open mind then maybe a middle ground can be found.
Liz
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:27:54 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 7,561
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
A few people still seem to be under the impression that their incest fantasy stories have been 'deleted'.

That is not the case, they are simply not visible anymore. You can still access them from your 'Stories List' accessible through your settings menu, or the link at the top of your profile page.



Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:28:08 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
IMHO a decision Lush won't regret. Classy move.
SanchoHardbottle
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:35:11 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/13/2007
Posts: 38
Location: United States
Haineko wrote:
I thought about it more and I have to say this was a good idea.

I never wanted to be pegged as that kind of author and I have plenty more in every category to write, even in a category we don't have (but would be a good replacement)

I will get my badge back eventually and the unsavory element has one less reason to come to Lush.



I resent this sentiment. Who are you to call those of us who read/write these stories "unsavory"? I had a famous story in that category, over 30,000 people read it. I had another one that was one that made me one of the top rated authors of the month, 25 votes all fives. Talk about unsavory? what about adultery stories? stories involving watersports? bondage? Are those unsavory as well?
SanchoHardbottle
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:41:13 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/13/2007
Posts: 38
Location: United States
mistermatrix24 wrote:


Alright that's not helpful Sancho there are constructive ways to find a solution to this. Insulting the content owners is not one of them. If everyone stays calm and keeps an open mind then maybe a middle ground can be found.


I don't like that I am being told by a large number of people on an erotic story website that I am a pervert in so many words. That's why I am heated. This is a fantastic site, I love reading and publishing here because it is the best, but now I am being told my stories are not welcome and good riddance to them.
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:57:07 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 7,669
Location: California
What if I wanted to change my forum rank to "uncle father", would this be an issue?

robdabaker
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:57:40 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/16/2012
Posts: 22
Location: United States
SanchoHardbottle wrote:


I don't like that I am being told by a large number of people on an erotic story website that I am a pervert in so many words. That's why I am heated. This is a fantastic site, I love reading and publishing here because it is the best, but now I am being told my stories are not welcome and good riddance to them.


I agree that many people are being very rude in the way they are talking about the readers of this content but lets not stoop to their level. It's easy to say pervert good riddance. it's much more difficult for them ton come up with legitimate argumets as to why this content should disappear completely.

And to those who keep commenting that "The contents not gone its still in your My Stories page". sure that may be true for the writers. But for the thousands upon thousands of readers the content is just gone. poof 404 error page not found.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:58:23 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
Liz wrote:
A few people still seem to be under the impression that their incest fantasy stories have been 'deleted'.

That is not the case, they are simply not visible anymore. You can still access them from your 'Stories List' accessible through your settings menu, or the link at the top of your profile page.



They are as good as deleted if no one else but the writer can see them!
RejectReality
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:00:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/29/2012
Posts: 212
Location: Alternate Reality, United States
The wording of the messages sent when the stories were rejected said, "Deleted", so that's not helping that perception. Nothing that can be done about that now, though.


Liz wrote:
A few people still seem to be under the impression that their incest fantasy stories have been 'deleted'.

That is not the case, they are simply not visible anymore. You can still access them from your 'Stories List' accessible through your settings menu, or the link at the top of your profile page.



Liz
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:05:32 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 7,561
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
RejectReality wrote:
The wording of the messages sent when the stories were rejected said, "Deleted", so that's not helping that perception. Nothing that can be done about that now, though.


An inaccurate choice of wording then, that is all.

Anyone who had one of these stories published will still have access to it.

Liz

Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:05:41 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
NathanDrake wrote:


Replace the word 'incest' with 'homosexuality' in your post. Now what do you sound like. So perfect. How about 'cross dressing', or 'interracial relationships'. Find your own, its fun.

Anyway, I only had incest stories, and I thank Lush for hosting them for a few years. I had a good run. I'll say it now, I had some of the best incest stories on the site, from its inception. I wasn't a great writer but my characters, dialogue, realism, and tone were unmatched glasses8



I disagree, and those terms are not interchangeable in my opinion.
VanGogh
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:08:58 PM

Rank: Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado

Joined: 2/10/2012
Posts: 3,911
Location: Vancouver, Canada
SanchoHardbottle wrote:
I don't like that I am being told by a large number of people on an erotic story website that I am a pervert in so many words. That's why I am heated. This is a fantastic site, I love reading and publishing here because it is the best, but now I am being told my stories are not welcome and good riddance to them.


hey, SH .... we are ALL a little perverted here on Lush! Don't take it so hard or personally.

I believe that this move/change that Nicola wants is a class act and stops the whining about why the incest fantasies are allowed but no other discussions allowed.

Quite frankly .... many many authors here have not had to resort to incest to garner "famous story" badges. And, I would think now, Taboo will become popular .....

or maybe there will be a Workplace/Office Sex category open up!! bunny
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:10:49 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
I actually plan on reworking my sex ed class stories into Taboo unless that too will be taken down.
Toxx
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:10:50 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/26/2013
Posts: 28
Location: United Kingdom
How about removing all categories and just having 1 new one called "married vanilla sex stories (with the light out)"
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:11:00 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,320
I actually plan on reworking my sex ed class stories into Taboo unless that too will be taken down.
VanGogh
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 5:11:55 PM

Rank: Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado

Joined: 2/10/2012
Posts: 3,911
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Toxx wrote:
How about removing all categories and just having 1 new one called "married vanilla sex stories (with the light out)"


change is difficult for you??
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.