Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Brazil are going to win the World Cup! Options · View
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:22:29 PM

tubby1961 wrote:

Keep up the good work Luce. Hugs So you think Australia will be going through to the next round and Holland will be heading home. Good call I think. Whistle

Hey Peter it's great to see the odd comment between my posts, and a sense of humour too! lol But seriously it would be great if Australia went through plus a few other countries I'd like to see make it. I'd love England to get through to the knockout stages but it won't be easy. Lots more excitement to come I'm sure, although I will be working abroad for a week so I will be offline for a week.

Anyway enjoy the tournament Peter and take care.

Lucy xx
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:38:48 PM

Femalemedic wrote:
Hi Lucy!!

Great match reports!!

Good result for the Belgians today, coming from behind ( oo-er missus!! ;-) ) they'llbe hoping to maintain winning and are my dark horses for the tournament !

Did you stay up to watch USA? I found my better half asleep on the sofa at 130 am poor thing!

Hi Morag.......

How are you? Well I hope.......

Thank you for the comment - it's very much appreciated. I saw the start of the Ghana - USA match and Dempsey's goal, but due to work commitments I really did have to go to bed. I'm about to write a match report after viewing the highlights and then I shall write another on the Belgium match that I did watch after returning from work.

Yes an ooer missus coming from behind and all down to Fellaini with good head too! lol

I'm not surprised your partner fell asleep - that too would have been me and I would have suffered at work today!

Anyway have a great evening Morag.......

Take care......

Lucy xxxx
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:41:32 PM

Ghana 1 USA 2

Well I offered my support here for the USA team and they responded by beating very tough opponents. I viewed Ghana as being slight favourites to win this match and their second half performance indicated that I was right to see it that way. USA who had a strong Tottenham Hotspur connection started the match very brightly as Clint Dempsey swaggered his way through the Ghana defence to finish with great aplomb to give the USA a 29 second lead - great start!
USA continued to create chances and should have extended their lead when Altidore's shot from 10 yards out was blocked.

The second half saw Ghana really pick up the pace. The USA started to tire and it seemed only a matter of time before Ghana would find themselves back on level terms. In fact it was all credit to the way that Jurgen Klinsmann has got his USA side playing that kept the score at 1-0 for most of the match.
It was in the 82nd minute when Ayew equalised for Ghana with a left footed shot after the Ghanaians had dominated the 2nd half. It was tough on the USA but even at this late stage of the game the USA were not to be outdone when John Brooks scored with a header from a corner by Graham Zusi.

Although the after-match stats were firmly in favour of Ghana, you always felt that the USA deserved this victory. They were well organised and made themselves hard to beat. If you concede at this level in the first 30 seconds then really you're always going to be chasing the game. The Ghanaian coach stated that they didn't deserve to concede that first goal - persoanally I think he's talking out of his arse. Ghana had most of their team in and around their own area when Dempsey played a one two and ran through many of their players to score so early. If that many players can't stop one player scoring then you do deserve to concede the goal.

One thing to mention here is that I wonder if players ever feel "revenge" when they play a team they have lost to before. The USA have been knocked out of the last two World Cup finals by Ghana - or do they just leave that all behind and get on with the job in hand.

Next up for Ghana is Germany and probably Ghana's ticket home.

Next up for USA is Portugal, and what a game this should be. Portugal given a hiding in their first game by Germany really must beat the USA - a draw once the group games are finished may not be enough if they beat Ghana.

Femalemedic
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:19:51 PM

Scolari is looking a little worried! BRazil looking a bit ordinary so far tonight!
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:03:54 PM

Belgium 2 Algeria 1

Well Belgium have come up a few notches over the last few years with a number of their starting eleven playing in the English Premier League. But it doesn't mean that they aren't going to struggle against inferior opposition. Algeria made themselves difficult to beat - a trait that now seems to be the way for teams not blessed with too many quality players.

Algeria took the lead in the first half from a penalty that was awarded when Vertonghen pulled down Feghouli who then converted the penalty he had just won. From that moment onwards it was really all about Belgium and if they could break down this determined Algerian team. That moment did come in the second half, the 70th minute to be precise. A free kick sent into the middle of the Algerian penalty area was met by the head of Fellaini, the ball looping over the keeper and into the Algerian net.

This breathed new life into the tired Belgian players and they could sense that maybe with Algerian hearts broken, there was a winning goal not too far away. It proved to be the case too as Algeria became desperate and ragged. In the 80th Martens rifled home from close range after being played in Eden Hazard.

The Algerians should take heart at their performance - to say that they deserved something from the match might be to say Belgium didn't deserve to win so I will just say the end result was the right one.

Up next for Belgium is Russia who play their first game of the tournament later tonight.

Up next for Algeria is South Korea - an entertaining game I think it will be too.

Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:17:29 PM

Femalemedic wrote:
Scolari is looking a little worried! BRazil looking a bit ordinary so far tonight!

Hi Morag.......

Yes Scolari is a good manager but I do wonder if the whole situation with riots, unfinished stadiums, rail strikes and the country as a whole struggling to accommodate these finals adequately, has played on the minds of the players at all.
Probably not but some times governments get involved when they shouldn't and may well have explained that after all the expense that has been put into hosting this competition considering it is a poverty stricken nation, they cannot afford to not win it. Just thinking out loud really.

Brazil 0 Mexico 0

There really isn't much to say here, all the brilliance on the night really has to go with the Mexican goalkeeper "Ochoa". Yes Brazil pressed and on a few occasions it was touch and go for Mexico. But when you're playing Brazil you can expect that right? But really although Brazil pressed the Mexicans, the Mexicans never looked to be in too much trouble.

I've no doubt that Brazil will qualify for the knockout stages but if they are to go on and beat the likes of Germany, Holland or any other top team then really they had better get their arses in gear. Had they played Germany or another team of good standing tonight - then I'm sure they would have lost.
Mexico had two great chances towards the end of the match and fortunately for Brazil, Mexico failed to take either of them

I still feel that Brazil will come good, but they had better start picking themselves up because this has been two poor performances in a row, but having said that - if they can qualify playing like this........
What can they do when they do play to their capabilities?

Up next for Brazil's final group match is Cameroon - not the quality team they used to be so really this could be a morale booster for Brazil and Cameroon's final game in the tournament.

Up next for Mexico in their final group game is Croatia, and providing Croatia beat Cameroon in their meeting tomorrow - it could be the second place decider.

Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 1:30:35 PM

Russia 1 South Korea 1

Well these were the last two teams to play there first game and to be honest - it wasn't worth staying up for, or maybe it's just that most of the games have been excellent so far. I'm also not sure if this was a case of S. Korea being a well organised side or just Russia being afraid to lose the match. For much of the match things were fairly even with the South Koreans giving a good account of themselves. The Russians really were restricted to mostly long range shots with the first half ending goalless.

The second half continued mainly in the same vein as the sides then traded speculative shots and Russian keeper - Akinfeev struggled to keep out a free-kick from Kim Young-Gwon. But that was nothing compared with the error he made on 68 minutes, when he allowed a 25-yard head-height shot from substitute Lee Keun-ho to slip through his hands and into the net.
Russia, however, had been showing more urgency since the introduction of Alan Dzagoev, and a second Capello substitution paid off almost immediately. After being sparked into life by the Korean goal In the 74th minute, Russia, now putting much pressure on the South Korean defence, rustled up an equaliser scored by Alexander Kerzhakov.

A tentative start by two teams that never wanted to lose their first match, but really should have considered that they will have harder games that they must now try to win if either of them are to reach the knockout stages.

Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:23:01 PM

Australia 2 Netherlands 3

Well Tubby (Peter) I have to apologise for not giving Australia much chance against Holland - but to be fair the second half team from the game against Spain never really turned up today. Having said that I don't want to take any credit away from what I thought was a brilliant performance from the Aussies. When Holland scored through Robben, I did wonder if the flood gates may open.
But no! Just 60 seconds later Australia scored what is so far the best strike of the tournament from Tim Cahill. That goal will be there at the end of the tournament as one of the best goals - if not the best. This will be on YouTube now so if you haven't seen it then it's well worth the effort to go and look it up. The first half was played at a frantic pace and you would have struggled to really find something better to do than watch this.

The second half started the same as the first had ended and almost straight away Australia scored, only for it to be unfairly disallowed by a poor refereeing decision. Nonetheless Australia were given a penalty given for hand ball in the 52nd minute. It was dispatche by Mile Jedinak who sent the keeper the wrong way.
The Dutch turned the heat up on the Australians and just four minutes later the Dutch equalised with a powerful Van Persie drive from 12 yards out.

The game ebbed and flowed from end to end and you always thought that there would be another goal to come - and it did! to Holland. Unfortunately it came from a goalkeeping error in the 68th minute as Matthew Ryan let Memphis Depay's 25 yard drive slip his grasp. Even though there was still anither 25 minutes left to play, You could almost feel the heart drain out of the Australian team.

It was a tough result to take for the Aussies, both teams contributed to one of the best matches if not the best match so far in this tournament, but I felt that a draw was probably the correct result although if not for a poor refereeing decision and a goalkeeping error - then who knows, it could have been all three points to Australia and a very very open group.

Well Australia will be going home after their final group game and I'm not surprised. Although Spain are playing poorly, who really would have wanted to be drawn in a group with Spain, Holland and Chile. I hope they play with the same determination in their last game against Spain.

This is Lucy p. reporting from inside a kangaroo's pouch, somewhere in downtown Rio blahdy blahdy blah!

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:29:03 PM

chili is kicking Spain's ass :)

Live, love, laugh.
jollyjack
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:41:15 PM

Excellent work here folks......keep up the good work⚽️

Excitement starting to build up for England's match tomorrow night. WooHoo !

My Karma just ran over your Dogma
CrazyTexan
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:16:01 PM

CdnStarlight wrote:
No way. Spain all the way baby..... Viva España clapping

Well, there goes that...
CrazyTexan
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:20:10 PM

As much as I am rooting for the Yanks, I believe that Germany and the Netherlands will meet in the final with Germany being the ultimate winner..
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:25:35 PM

Spain 0 Chile 2

Well it was make or break here for Spain. If Australia had taken a point out of Holland, then Spain could have drawn with Chile and mathematically still had a chance to qualify although it would have been a slim chance - but with Holland winning and Chile already on three points - Spain really had to win this one or go out of the tournament.

Nothing really has gone right for Spain in this tournament and to be fair, they haven't really made anything go right either. Some of their players seem to have been about for a lifetime and awhile back we saw the same thing happen to France when they were world and European champions. Fábregas, made surplus to requirements at Barcelona when the season ended, once again didn't make the starting lineup despite the calls for him to be started.
David De Gea must have been Manchester United's player of the year and should have started the tournament in goal. There were also other players on the bench that have had a good season who should have started tonight.

Well about the match, quite simply a much better organised and hungrier Chile side played their game superbly. Two first half goals were enough to leave a poor Spain side chasing a game that had long gone out of their reach. I put down Spain in my original post to be the strongest of the European challengers but really they only look a shadow of their former successful selves.

Spain huffed and puffed but it always seemed that if Chile needed to score another then they could as Spain found themselves in a panic at times in their own area. Spain on the other hand seemed void of ideas proving that the terrible performance against Holland in the first game was no fluke!
As for Chile they had done what they needed to in the first half, and the second half just seemed to be about containing Spain and just adding another goal should a decent chance to do so occur.

So..... the first two teams that we are able to say goodbye to, part ways with the tournament by playing one another........ what's the betting it'll be a draw? hmm.

At least my prediction that Chile could be one of the surprise packages of the tournament is on track. It'll be interesting to see who they will play in the knockout stages. One thing's for sure, they don't seem to fear anyone, they keep their football simple and they play to their strengths.

This is Lucy P. still in that pouch (phew it's hot in here!) somewhere in The Lingerie market, Rio City center.

Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:44:49 PM

Is there some sort of Soccer thing going on?
Femalemedic
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:46:01 PM

Lush mods ! Create a football expert badge and give it to Lucy - our very own (and much better looking! ) gary Neville!

Now we need a. Jamie carragher ;-)
CdnStarlight
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:34:30 PM

My beloved Spain is out.... crybaby
What happened? I think they were kidnapped by aliens.
Not only did they seem void of ideas, they seemed void period.

Keep up the great job Lucy.

"Look up to the sky, you'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."
- Charlie Chaplin
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:43:55 PM

The USA finally beat Ghana. Who? Ghana. Ghana has eliminated the USA twice before.

Also thought it was cool that Mexico tied Brazil. The Mexican goalie played his ass off. A salute to him!

I'm pulling for the USA and our southern neighbor, Mexico. I'd love to see someone from North America win it.

mr_canuck
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:06:34 PM

LittleLuce wrote:
Australia 2 Netherlands 3
The second half started the same as the first had ended and almost straight away Australia scored, only for it to be unfairly disallowed by a poor refereeing decision. Nonetheless Australia were given a penalty given for hand ball in the 52nd minute. It was dispatche by Mile Jedinak who sent the keeper the wrong way.
The Dutch turned the heat up on the Australians and just four minutes later the Dutch equalised with a powerful Van Persie drive from 12 yards out.

The game ebbed and flowed from end to end and you always thought that there would be another goal to come - and it did! to Holland. Unfortunately it came from a goalkeeping error in the 68th minute as Matthew Ryan let Memphis Depay's 25 yard drive slip his grasp. Even though there was still anither 25 minutes left to play, You could almost feel the heart drain out of the Australian team.

Didn't the Aussie player shove the Dutch player away? Isn't that a foul?

what are the rules on accidental hand ball contact in the penalty zone? It clearly wasn't deliberate.

I can't believe that Aussie player that received that crosser failed to score. What a blunder!
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:14:48 AM

mr_canuck wrote:

Didn't the Aussie player shove the Dutch player away? Isn't that a foul?

what are the rules on incidental hand ball contact in the penalty zone? It clearly wasn't deliberate.

I can't believe that Aussie player that received that crosser failed to score. What a blunder!

No I don't believe there was enough there to call foul and the studio guest players from other teams who were in the studio also believe the referee got it wrong.

I think you mean accidental handball...... The hand or arm is classed as handball. Had it not hit his arm the ball would have traveled into the penalty box giving the Australians a chance to attack the cross. When you look at the FIFA ruling on fouls, handballs and the giving of penalties they lay down a directive that they always finish with the words.........
"It is at the Referee's discretion".
As a matter of interest if you watch that handball again you'll see that the defender Daryl Janmaat moves his arm behind him towards the flight of the ball!

The guy who crossed the ball should have had a shot instead - it was a complete waste. He crossed the ball too high for the receiver to strike it with his foot and too low to head it and probably too hard as well. As the commentator said "I cannot believe how hard he hit that cross, what waste".
cooldaddy
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:16:50 AM

Good morning Lucy. You never cease to amaze me. Not only are you an avid football watcher, you've read the rulebook too! Your commentaries are superb, and as a complete Philistine where football is concerned, normally taking no interest whatsoever, you have almost converted me. I picked this thread up half way along, and then had to go back to the start and read it all the way through! Although not converted enough to stay up until two in the morning to watch, I shall watch the England game tonight and look forward to your reading of it, to see what I missed. Thankyou for raising my interest.

mr_canuck
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 11:13:40 AM

Ah yes I did mean accidental. Thanks Lucy! Better edit it before the grammar police see this thread. lol! hiding

It's hard to tell if it's acting or not for a casual fan like myself. I agree with the crosser though.
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:34:27 PM

Cameroon 0 Croatia 4

Well over the years fans have been treated to some wonderful moments from Cameroon. Some wonderful players and people older than myself will remember the flamboyant Roger Milla and his goal celebrations. He almost became a household name in some countries. Sadly that is all in the past and although qualifying for the finals, this year they seem to be nothing other than making up the numbers.

Croatia though, well they are a different matter. Unlucky in their opening game against the Brazilians, the Croatians soon set about beating the Cameroon team and scored early in the 11th minute through a Ivica Olic. Cameroon gave a good account of themselves for awhile but then were reduced to 10 men after Alexandre Song was sent of for punching Mario Mandzukic in an off the ball incident. In the replay it looked like Mandzukic turned and said something to Song who took offence before shoulder barging and punching the Croatian player in the back.

I know it seems a bit soon but I thought it was game over with the sending off just before halftime and then just three minutes into the second half, Ivan Perisic made it 2-0 when he punished goalkeeper Charles Itandje's poor clearance. From that moment onwards it was a damage limitation exercise for Cameroon. Further goals from Mario Mandzukic in the 61st and 73rd minutes sealed an impressive victory for Croatia. Right at the end Cameroon had their best effort on goal when Pierre Webo's header forced Stipe Pletikosa to save brilliantly.

There have been very few draws so far in this tournament and that has lead to a good number of teams already knowing that they will not progress any further in the competition despite still having one game left to play.

Up next for Cameroon in their final game before heading home is Brazil. It's not impossible for Brazil to fail to qualify for the next round. f Cameroon were to beat Brazil and Mexico and Croatia were to draw then the host nation would be out of the competition, although it is unlikely - it is mathematically possible.

Next up for Croatia is Mexico. A draw is no good to Croatia unless Brazil are beaten by Cameroon. With that scenario being highly unlikely both teams will be going for the win. My money's on Croatia and Brazil now to qualify from this group.

sprite
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:44:49 PM

Thank you Luce for your updates. wow. really impressed. not only do you know your game, but you know how to write about it too. any thoughts of doing it professionally? THANK you for keeping us up to date. :)

Live, love, laugh.
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:05:56 PM

Colombia 2 Ivory Coast 1

Well Colombia are another team through to the next round and they join Chile and Holland in the knockout stages. This was a big game for both teams who I thought were fairly evenly matched, although Colombia were the favourites in this match finishing 2nd just behind Argentina in the South American qualifying group. The match also started in favour of the Colombians as they had the better of the first half which finished 0-0

The 2nd half came to life a little more as the African team found their feet and came more into the game. To be honest, for awhile the Ivory Coast started to control the game but the deadlock was broken in the 64th minute when James Rodriguez met a cross from a corner and headed into the top left hand corner of the net. Buoyed by the strike from Rodriguez the Colombians took charge of the game once more, and six minutes later added a second when Juan Quitero struck from inside the box in the 70th minute.

At 2-0 down in a hard fought match with 20 minutes left, as a supporter you would hope that your team would try and find that extra gear and pull a goal back. Well Ivory Coast did just that as the last twenty minutes belonged to the Ivory coast, and in the 73rd minute Gervinho (once of Arsenal) struck with a right footed shot from inside the area to reduce the deficit.
Other chances came for the Ivory Coast but despite their best efforts they were unable to find an equaliser and to be fair Colombia were probably just about the best team. But Ivory Coast are in 2nd place in the group with Japan and Greece set to play their 2nd game later tonight. This group is really open.

Next up for Colombia is Japan and how important this game is depends on how Japan do against Greece later tonight, but the importance is to the Ivory coast rather than Colombia who already have six points.

Next up for Ivory Coast is Greece, but this time the importance of this match doesn't depend on the Japan - Greece game tonight as Ivory coast only has three points and will probably need to beat Greece, although things could turn out a little better for the Ivory Coast if Japan and Greece were to draw.

Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:21:32 PM

sprite wrote:
Thank you Luce for your updates. wow. really impressed. not only do you know your game, but you know how to write about it too. any thoughts of doing it professionally? THANK you for keeping us up to date. :)

Hiya Sprite.........

I hope you're well and having a great day.......

Thank you for your lovely comments. My family are heavily into sport following Football, Rugby League, Speedway, Boxing, Indycar, Nascar, Formula one as well as athletics meetings. Most of these my parents watch on TV, but the Rugby League, Speedway and lower league football matches they travel round the country to see live.
My partner Jenna and I love football and watch most of what's shown on TV.

After Nicola started this thread I just thought it would be nice to carry it on in some way so I decided to do some match reports. Unfortunately I cannot cover all the matches as I have to go and work abroad for a week, so my last report will be next Thursday 26th as I go away on the Friday.
So if anyone would like to carry on....... feel free to do so.

But I will write some more when I return.

Thank you again Rachel - is it Rachel?........

Anyway take care......

Lucy xxxx Big Hugs
MadMartigan
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:57:51 PM

I must be the only one routinely annoyed at this thread's title.

IS.

IS.

IS going to win. Oh god, my grammar OCD!
sprite
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:12:54 PM

MadMartigan wrote:
I must be the only one routinely annoyed at this thread's title.

IS.

IS.

IS going to win. Oh god, my grammar OCD!

Brazil am going to win. :)

Live, love, laugh.
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:33:29 PM

Uruguay England

Well this won't go down as one of our best performances and at times we defended with much desperation. The first half saw an end to end game with a good entertainment factor. Luis Suarez who missed Uruguay's opening match defeat to Costa Rica made the starting line up and we all guessed that he would. After both teams lost their opening games, this meeting became a bigger issue for both teams just to stay in the competition. Uruguay will have been disappointed to have lost against Costa Rica while England lost a match against a wonderful Italy side that could have gone either way.

Uruguay struck first and the attack should really have come to nothing as the England players easily outnumbered the Uruguayan attack but somehow as usual we managed to somehow turn a plus into a minus when a fantastic cross by Cavani found the head of who else.... but the prolific Luis Suarez.
The Uruguayan defender Diego Godin was booked early in the game and with a bad foul towards the end of the first half really should have been sent off. England tried to reply mounting several attacks and almost equalised when Wayne Rooney headed against the bar.

The start of the second half did not go in England's favour as they started poorly with the Uruguayans taking full control of the match and the England players were left chasing shadows. Slowly England came back into the match and started to pressure the Uruguayans defence before they eventually made the breakthrough that brought them the equaliser.
Glenn Johnson picked the ball up, beat one player before crossing low for Wayne Rooney to finish. It seemed that it could be our cue to get three points, but after soaking up some pressure, Uruguay did not capitulate. Instead kept their composure and belief and a long punt from Uruguayan Keeper Fernando Muslera skimmed off the top pf Steven Gerrard's head and into the path of the flying Luis Suarez who smashed the ball past the helpless Joe Hart.

It was cruel on England after their late efforts to win the match, and with only five minutes plus injury time left to play, they were once again left chasing the Uruguayans who were just content to keep the ball. England continued to pressure but the time ticked away all too quickly and the joy of one side and the despair of the other could clearly be seen with the sound of the final whistle.

England are a mix of some fine inexperienced youngsters just finding their deet on the international stage and some older more experienced heads that as a team, have not quite gelled. Uruguay on the other hand rely too much on Luis Suarez, when he's not playing - neither are they as we saw against Costa Rica.

Next up for Uruguay is Italy and the group table could go through a few transitions depending on how the results go.

Next up for England, and their final group game is against Costa Rica. If England beat Costa Rica by a few goals, and Italy beat Costa Rica tomorrow night and Italy beat Uruguay next week then England........ according to my reckoning will go through to the knockout stages. But it is a long shot I know that. Really it depends how much England want to go into the next phase and how much the people who make the lovely ice cream and the lovely pasta meals want to see us there!

This is Loopy Lucy reporting live from the psychiatric care unit in central Rio De Janeiro........ aaaagh

MadMartigan
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:34:52 PM

sprite wrote:

Brazil am going to win. :)

Ass up, pants down.

Time for spanks you smartass!cussing
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:43:35 PM

cooldaddy wrote:
Good morning Lucy. You never cease to amaze me. Not only are you an avid football watcher, you've read the rulebook too! Your commentaries are superb, and as a complete Philistine where football is concerned, normally taking no interest whatsoever, you have almost converted me. I picked this thread up half way along, and then had to go back to the start and read it all the way through! Although not converted enough to stay up until two in the morning to watch, I shall watch the England game tonight and look forward to your reading of it, to see what I missed. Thankyou for raising my interest.

Hi Frank.......

I hope you're well and taking good care of your wrinkly self!

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful support. It's great to see you pop in here and we've just got a couple of weeks before this thread goes quiet. Maybe if there's a call for it, I may start up a "Lucy's all year round football thread" catering for football across the world. Members can then come and have their say - we'll see if anyone is up for it.

Anyway another defeat for our home nation and now relying heavily on Italy with their last two games, so apart from the defeat I hope you had a great evening.....

Take care dear friend......

Lots of love......

Lucy xxxxxx Big Hugs Big Hugs