Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Over 600 paedophiles have been arrested in the UK today. Options · View
dpw
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:56:21 AM

The National Crime Agency today arrested over 600 suspected paedophiles across the UK today. Only 39 were previously unknown to the police. It is thought that it this may just be the tip of the iceberg!
Over the last decade the number of indecent images of child abuse has multiplied at an alarming rate.
Now I will hold my hand up and say I'm not very wise or au fait with the intricasies of the internet, in fact a bit of a technophobe.
I thought that you need an ISP or Server in order to have a webpage. I also know that you use a Search Engine to look for things on the web.
My question is why aren't they responsible in any way. Why do they allow such filth with seeming impugnity? Surely a huge fine, millions if not billions, would eradicate the ease in which pictures are posted or swapped.
Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:23:04 PM

dpw wrote:
The National Crime Agency today arrested over 600 suspected paedophiles across the UK today. Only 39 were previously unknown to the police. It is thought that it this may just be the tip of the iceberg!
Over the last decade the number of indecent images of child abuse has multiplied at an alarming rate.
Now I will hold my hand up and say I'm not very wise or au fait with the intricasies of the internet, in fact a bit of a technophobe.
I thought that you need an ISP or Server in order to have a webpage. I also know that you use a Search Engine to look for things on the web.
My question is why aren't they responsible in any way. Why do they allow such filth with seeming impugnity? Surely a huge fine, millions if not billions, would eradicate the ease in which pictures are posted or swapped.

My guess is that it would be financially prohibitive to require every ISP to keep up with every thing posted. In cases where it was brought to their attention and not acted on, however, they probably are liable. Just a guess though.
seeker4
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:33:49 PM

It is easier to hide on the Internet than many think. You build a secure server, have people access it using a VPN or via proxies, and so on. Use peer-to-peer networks (like Torrents) rather than open websites. The files are scattered across all the hosts on the peer-to-peer to network rather than being gathered in one place where they can be found easily. For the most part, the ISPs can't track that activity or else intellectual property piracy would be a dead end crime now. Wouldn't surprise me if some still use old protocols like FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) that no one really pays attention to anymore.

Steamy Dreams, stories by Seeker4

If I was going to do an anthology of my Lush stories, these are some that I would be including. I'll change this every couple weeks or so. This week, some that go back to my early days on Lush.

His Secret, Her New Passion - A wife discovers her husband's secret, and turns it into a sexy revival for herself and him.

The Christmas Angel's Gift - A lonely Christmas Eve turns into a steamy Christmas tryst.

Stormy With a Chance of Passion - An chance reunion relights the fires of an estranged couple.
dpw
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:08:06 PM

seeker4 wrote:
It is easier to hide on the Internet than many think. You build a secure server, have people access it using a VPN or via proxies, and so on. Use peer-to-peer networks (like Torrents) rather than open websites. The files are scattered across all the hosts on the peer-to-peer to network rather than being gathered in one place where they can be found easily. For the most part, the ISPs can't track that activity or else intellectual property piracy would be a dead end crime now. Wouldn't surprise me if some still use old protocols like FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) that no one really pays attention to anymore.

Now I know some people will think I'm stupid but I really am an IT dumbass. I heard a new term today, "the dark net", is that what your referring to?
Apparently our guys got help from LAPD to show them how to track them.
Surely internet companies should be at the forefront of this type of tracking! It just strikes me that they want to make the money but don't want any responsibility.
seeker4
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:12:27 PM

The problem is the use of VPNs and similar technologies. The traffic is encrypted so even the ISPs can't see what's in the data packets (the NSA and your signals intelligence blokes might be able to depending on the encryption being used). It is a legitimate technology that businesses use to enable field workers to make secure connections to their offices, but it can also be used to hide illegal Internet activity like this.

If I was going to do an anthology of my Lush stories, these are some that I would be including. I'll change this every couple weeks or so. This week, some that go back to my early days on Lush.

His Secret, Her New Passion - A wife discovers her husband's secret, and turns it into a sexy revival for herself and him.

The Christmas Angel's Gift - A lonely Christmas Eve turns into a steamy Christmas tryst.

Stormy With a Chance of Passion - An chance reunion relights the fires of an estranged couple.
kiera
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:57:58 PM

dpw wrote:

Now I know some people will think I'm stupid but I really am an IT dumbass. I heard a new term today, "the dark net", is that what your referring to?
Apparently our guys got help from LAPD to show them how to track them.
Surely internet companies should be at the forefront of this type of tracking! It just strikes me that they want to make the money but don't want any responsibility.

Hey sweetie Big Hugs

Im an IT retarded too I cant even do a virus check on my laptop lol.

The news today was deeply disturbing.

Jesus who knows who anybody is these days..Ralph Harries ffs..I grew up on Ralph's cartoon time, I thought he was the bees knees and all the time he was a raving nonce.

I agree with DPW these internet companies NEED to do more, its just not good enough that these things exist it sickens me and who knows what those sick child molesting monsters want to see?

I'm a single mum with young children, I recently discovered after receiving an email on facebook from a friend to check a link because some internet company/website was stealing kids pictures from peoples facebook photo albums and that I should check it out...OMG they had a dozen pics of my kids.

My friend also told me how I could get them removed, I had to delete them from my albums which I did and it removed them, thinking it was over I put them back and as soon as I did they went straight back onto that website so I had to delete them again and keep them deleted lest they show up again on that bogus website..to date I havent added anymore, infact if not for facebook being how i keep in touch with close friends and family overseas I would have deleted my account there for sure.

Anyway having gone a little off topic I have to say DPW no clue what they have done the question is what are they going to do because as I said above seems all to easy to hack into accounts...for all i know those pics were taken because some monster likes to look at beautiful little 5 year old girls in princess dresses or 6 year old boys playing with cars?? who the fuck knows and for a mum like me its bloody worrying ...whats the point in a webpage offering you levels of security settings if they can just be invaded like that regardless?

They need to cough up some of the gazillion amounts of money they make and stop this shit from happening. I complained to facebook about what happened I think its an understatement to say i was pissed right off that pics of my kids were taken....to date I never even had a reply..go facebook.

Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:52:34 PM

What bothers me MOST about this, in the light of recent discoveries over the past few years, (the DISGRACE of the Catholic Church in this regard et al) is that this phenomena, far from being a FRINGE activity, may well be far more widespread than ever has been credited.

(That UPSETS me.)

I'll go further, it scares the fuck out of me...

Few issues render me speechless. This one does. I have no answers.

No RIGHT-THINKING person could condone this activity. In ANY fucking way! (It's BEYOND acceptable in ANY way...)

What FRIGHTENS me is that it is much more common than we realized. What does that say?

No Answers.

NO FUCKING ANSWERS.

xx SF

DanielleX
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:08:57 PM

I heard this story and in one way I was shocked but in another, I am sort of not that surprised.

It's been obvious for ages that the UK is teeming with paedophiles. There's stories nearly every week about some sort of child abuse or another.

I suspect that the internet has awakened a lot of hidden paedophiles, who think they can feed their disgusting urges with impunity. The punishment for this sort of thing needs to be really hard, even if it means they have to build more prisons.

A child has had to be abused to provide these images etc and the people who look at them are maintaining the need to produce them. Therefore they are almost as guilty as the monsters who made the images!!!

All the main governments could get together and sort this out with the technology for a fraction of the prices that's used to buy bombs and weapons. They could block these websites and end this next week. They chose not to because politicians are FUCKING USELESS DICKS!!! And I'm sorry but most of them are men.

The first part of my hot new story is up! Click the photo to read

Milik_the_Red
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:30:38 PM

What about stories containing violent abuse such as are littered over ASSTR. That conglomeration of filth contains some of the most disturbing content imaginable. Is this type of thing tolerated because it's 'fantasy?'

I had a 'brief' look at their content recently and was just sickened by what I found. Why I'd this allowed to stay up?

Surely silence can sometimes be the most eloquent of replies
- Unknown
kiera
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:36:54 PM

DanielleX wrote:
I heard this story and in one way I was shocked but in another, I am sort of not that surprised.

It's been obvious for ages that the UK is teeming with paedophiles. There's stories nearly every week about some sort of child abuse or another.

I suspect that the internet has awakened a lot of hidden paedophiles, who think they can feed their disgusting urges with impunity. The punishment for this sort of thing needs to be really hard, even if it means they have to build more prisons.

A child has had to be abused to provide these images etc and the people who look at them are maintaining the need to produce them. Therefore they are almost as guilty as the monsters who made the images!!!

All the main governments could get together and sort this out with the technology for a fraction of the prices that's used to buy bombs and weapons. They could block these websites and end this next week. They chose not to because politicians are FUCKING USELESS DICKS!!! And I'm sorry but most of them are men.

I'm sorry I fail to see what you mean by you have said the Uk is teaming with paedophiles?? I certainly am not this happens all around the world not just here and it MUST stop.

The Pope himself recently admitted that 2% of the worlds paedophiles are catholic priests and they are worldwide.

What about Mexico and the childs home that was recently discovered? over 450 children saved and who were said to have been sexually abused. I think its unfair to say its just the Brits this shit and those monsters are everywhere...worldwide.

Child molestation makes my blood boil, the insanity of the ones who do it just defies belief, if i ever looked at one of my kids and thought that.. or any poor innocent child i would put a gun to my head and pull the trigger as should anyone else who thinks it is ok to have those thoughts let alone act on them. Kids are such sweet trusting innocents I cannot even imagine the terror that one would go through if ...well i cant even say what if.

I for one have seen 1st hand what this does to a person...no thankfully it was not me ir was someone who is very close to me personally. But i can understand why the one I know is so fucked up over it even though it happened when he was 5, his father was sent to prison and he is now closing 50 years old.

What gets me more is that apparently noone seems to so far be able to access the dark net?? How is that possible for the people who created the internet? I for one think they need to take a bit of a closer look to home as to why such a thing exists at all given that they are the creators...just sayin.
DanielleX
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:00:35 PM

Sorry, but this makes me so mad. I know not all men are dicks!

DanielleX
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:00:36 PM

Sorry, but this makes me so mad. I know not all men are dicks!

Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:19:36 PM

kiera wrote:

The Pope himself recently admitted that 2% of the worlds paedophiles are catholic priests and they are worldwide.

I thought that the Pope said two percent of the catholic priests are paedophiles.
seeker4
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:35:09 PM

DanielleX wrote:

It is not just the UK. We've had some high profile paedophile busts here in the former colonies, too. I think that the Internet makes it easier for them to operate and, more importantly, digital photography and video are easier to make and distribute than print and videotape. The number of paedophiles has likely not gone up as a percentage of the population but there is more material and it is more accessible so more of them are actively seeking it out, leading to more of them getting caught. In the old days, it went on in back rooms (including the back rooms of rectories) and the images had to be passed hand to hand (since post would have been risky).

IOW, the number of twisted sick fucks has not gone up, we're just seeing them more.

As for politicians, I'm not sure how much they have to do with it. Don't know about the UK, but we have pretty strong laws here (we can even prosecute Canadian offenders who abuse children outside Canada). If the laws are there, then enforcing them is the responsibility of law enforcement and you need to ask why they aren't keeping up with the bad guys. Unfortunately, as I suggested in my exchange with dpw, part of the answer is that the bad guys are pretty sophisticated technologically to the point where you almost need to be getting the spooks involved, not just regular law enforcement. If the laws are not there, then someone needs to ask the politicians why not and try to make it a campaign issue.

kiera
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:54:05 PM

Ruthie wrote:

I thought that the Pope said two percent of the catholic priests are paedophiles.

Yes he did and your point being??
Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:02:43 PM

kiera wrote:

I think she may be taking objection to the way you worded it. You made it sound like that 2% of all the paedophiles in the world are Catholic Priests. It should be that 2% of Catholic Priests are paedophiles. VERY BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

At least I hope that is what she means!
ChuckEPoo
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:27:38 PM

It is sad that when convicted of these child abuse and paedophile crimes these perps get slap on the hand sentences. So many crimes on children. The libs are trying to push this non existent war on women but the there is a real war on children that needs addressing.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/indiscretion.aspx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/supernatural/the-miracle-of-christmas.aspx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/my-first-time-39.aspx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cuckold/the-diary.aspx
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:46:00 PM

We shall probably find that quite a few of these charming upright citizens were once part of the organisation called PIE (Paedophile Information Exchange) which reared its unsavoury head some thirty years or so ago. These unspeakable people really wanted to make it normal and be accepted. Astoundingly they made some progress towards that goal by getting quite a lot of uncritical press coverage. One Tom O'Carroll featured prominently as their spokesperson. He even appeared on TV would you believe? They infiltrated the National Council for Civil Liberties and actually gained affiliation. Some leading members of the left-leaning London chatterati and current opposition front bench were recently reminded of their youthful rather too close to comfort proximity to these types a few weeks ago. All very embarrassing for some authoritarian would be legislators on human rights.

Paedophilia is as old as humankind. There are places in the world where the relationships between men and boys appear to condone this sort of thing. As I don't wish to be labelled or targeted, I am not going to identify them but a close proximity to war seems to make it all worse. It mat be that the UK is a bit more affected than some places because of the peculiarities reportedly prevalent in its private sector education system until relatively recent times although I recall that Belgium had a lot of arrests and prosecutions a couple of years ago.

These six hundred are clearly the low hanging fruit who probably used credit cards to buy and store images quite a long time ago. Now, because of pressure on the ISP's over internet porn generally there won't be much paedophile porn on the internet available to the common or garden user. The dark net is another story altogether. This is a sort of parallel, members only internet inhabited by terrorists , criminals, and others wishing to be invisible using encrypted data, file transfers, virtual private networks and carefully disguised portals which only those who are deep into this perversion are able to use. Unfortunately it is everywhere, and now the hunt is on, a lot more will come tumbling out. There is no limit to true human perversity, as opposed to the mildly and harmlessly deviations of eccentrics such as many of the good people in this community. I fear however that the fundamentalist conformists who will leap on the bandwagon to foster their aims of total control will be able to unleash a witch hunt to rival that of Senator McCarthy or even the Spanish Inquisition.
kiera
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:01:27 PM

Nikki703 wrote:

I think she may be taking objection to the way you worded it. You made it sound like that 2% of all the paedophiles in the world are Catholic Priests. It should be that 2% of Catholic Priests are paedophiles. VERY BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

At least I hope that is what she means!

I apologise its as I said a touchy subject for me. I do not mean to offend anyone...I am sorry if I did Big Hugs
Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:42:04 PM

kiera wrote:

The problem of paedophilia goes well beyond the Catholic Church.

But that's not my point either. You said two percent of paedophiles in the world are priests. More than likely that is not what you meant to write, but it is what you wrote.
kiera wrote:

Two percent of priests are paedophiles. Two percent of paedophiles are not catholic priests. The percentage of paedophiles that are priests may be larger or smaller than two percent. It is possible that two percent of the entire number of paedophiles on earth might exceed the entire number of priests, depending on how many there are.

In 2013 there were 412,236 Catholic priests. 8245, by the Pope's estimate, would be paedophiles.

By some estimates there are 150,000,000 paedophiles in the world. If two percent of them were priests, there would have to be 3,000,000 paedophile priests.

Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:27:36 PM

kiera wrote:

I apologise its as I said a touchy subject for me. I do not mean to offend anyone...I am sorry if I did Big Hugs

No worries Kiera. No apology is necessary! It is a very touchy subject for me too. I do not always agree with the Catholic Church but I still consider myself a Catholic. But it pains me that even 1 priest is a paedophile let alone 2% of them. The thought sickens me.

I didn't take any offense to what you said, just was pointing out that the way you wrote it was incorrect as Ruthie quantified in her post right above.
angieseroticpen
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 5:37:56 AM

Milik_Redman wrote:
What about stories containing violent abuse such as are littered over ASSTR. That conglomeration of filth contains some of the most disturbing content imaginable. Is this type of thing tolerated because it's 'fantasy?'

I had a 'brief' look at their content recently and was just sickened by what I found. Why I'd this allowed to stay up?

I have never understood why it is not a criminal offence to write stories like they have on that disgusting website. Surely writing or reading such sickening stuff is just one step away from viewing it!

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Nikki703
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 9:10:19 AM

angieseroticpen wrote:

I have never understood why it is not a criminal offence to write stories like they have on that disgusting website. Surely writing or reading such sickening stuff is just one step away from viewing it!

I have never read any stories where there is violence, rape or any other horrific acts so I cant comment on what is there. But if they are not allowed, then what is next? Should movies that touch subjects such as rape, murder and child abuse not be allowed? I don't understand the appeal of many genres of stories and films and have no desire to watch them, but once you start censoring, where does it end? Or does it?

Not being sure what is on that site, if I am way off base here, I apologize.
angieseroticpen
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 9:45:39 AM

Nikki703 wrote:

I have never read any stories where there is violence, rape or any other horrific acts so I cant comment on what is there. But if they are not allowed, then what is next? Should movies that touch subjects such as rape, murder and child abuse not be allowed? I don't understand the appeal of many genres of stories and films and have no desire to watch them, but once you start censoring, where does it end? Or does it?

Not being sure what is on that site, if I am way off base here, I apologize.

Well that particular site has a couple of genres of stories which I like but has a lot more which I don't consider readable and a few more that I think should be banned.

As to Censorship - well I have my own particular views on what should be and what shouldn't be allowed. But I am not going to get into debate over it.

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 11:17:30 AM

B0swell0x wrote:

These six hundred are clearly the low hanging fruit who probably used credit cards to buy and store images quite a long time ago. Now, because of pressure on the ISP's over internet porn generally there won't be much paedophile porn on the internet available to the common or garden user. The dark net is another story altogether. This is a sort of parallel, members only internet inhabited by terrorists , criminals, and others wishing to be invisible using encrypted data, file transfers, virtual private networks and carefully disguised portals which only those who are deep into this perversion are able to use. Unfortunately it is everywhere, and now the hunt is on, a lot more will come tumbling out. There is no limit to true human perversity, as opposed to the mildly and harmlessly deviations of eccentrics such as many of the good people in this community.

I fear however that the fundamentalist conformists who will leap on the bandwagon to foster their aims of total control will be able to unleash a witch hunt to rival that of Senator McCarthy or even the Spanish Inquisition.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
kiera
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 11:36:03 AM

Ruthie wrote:

Two percent of priests are paedophiles. Two percent of paedophiles are not catholic priests. The percentage of paedophiles that are priests may be larger or smaller than two percent. It is possible that two percent of the entire number of paedophiles on earth might exceed the entire number of priests, depending on how many there are.

In 2013 there were 412,236 Catholic priests. 8245, by the Pope's estimate, would be paedophiles.

By some estimates there are 150,000,000 paedophiles in the world. If two percent of them were priests, there would have to be 3,000,000 paedophile priests.

Hi Ruthie

You are quite right I didnt realise my error until Nikki703 pointed it out, I was distracted when writing my post as I was also chatting to a friend. It was an error I had meant to say and you are indeed correct that the Pope said 2% of Catholic priests are paedophiles not that 2% of the worlds paedophiles are Catholic priests. Once again I apologise for my error Hugs
seeker4
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 11:43:39 AM

angieseroticpen wrote:

Keep in mind that ASSTR is just compiling/archiving stories posted to an old Usenet newsgroup. There are pretty much no rules and no moderation. So, naturally, it tends to veer to the extreme. A lot of it is also quite old (Usenet is one of the oldest parts of the Internet, much older than the web) and I doubt an investigation today would be able to track even half of the questionable stuff to its source, which is why it likely hasn't run afoul of the law.

Could the archive be taken down? Depends on where it is actually located and what the laws are in that place.

It does highlight why we have moderators and rules here, doesn't it?

DanielleX
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 1:57:15 PM

kiera wrote:

I'm sorry I fail to see what you mean by you have said the Uk is teaming with paedophiles?? I certainly am not this happens all around the world not just here and it MUST stop.

I think you might have misread what I wrote. I said the UK is teeming with paedophiles. I'm not sure what teaming with paedophiles would even mean.

I think the UK has a strange relationship with children. it's different in other European countries. I don't know, it's just odd here. I think people like children more in a normal way in other countries. I expect to be challenged on this, and it's hard to put into words, but from someone who has lived in Czech republic, Slovakia and Hungary, it is what I think. Obviously the UK is full of a lot of lovely people who have absolutely normal attitudes to children, so don't get me wrong.

You've only got to look at all these cases coming to light like Jimmy Savile, Stuart Hall and Rolph Harris. Why??? I saw a programme about it and some of these people organize their careers to be around kids, so that they can abuse them. It is sickening!!!

My 2 cents

kiera
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 2:48:50 PM

DanielleX wrote:

I think you might have misread what I wrote. I said the UK is teeming with paedophiles. I'm not sure what teaming with paedophiles would even mean.

I think the UK has a strange relationship with children. it's different in other European countries. I don't know, it's just odd here. I think people like children more in a normal way in other countries. I expect to be challenged on this, and it's hard to put into words, but from someone who has lived in Czech republic, Slovakia and Hungary, it is what I think. Obviously the UK is full of a lot of lovely people who have absolutely normal attitudes to children, so don't get me wrong.

You've only got to look at all these cases coming to light like Jimmy Savile, Stuart Hall and Rolph Harris. Why??? I saw a programme about it and some of these people organize their careers to be around kids, so that they can abuse them. It is sickening!!!

My 2 cents

Sorry Danielle

I must admit I did take offence at the time of reading your post because I read that as saying that paedophilia stemmed mainly from the UK and when trying to get my point across mentioning others I messed up and mis wrote what I meant to say which offended others and was not intentional. Having bantered and posted with you now on a regular basis I know this was also not your intent so I am sorry for snapping at you.

I have to be honest and say that I dont care where or which country a child is from they should be loved, cared for an nurtured as the precious beings that they are...not lusted after and abused by monsters and the internet has had a huge hand in making it far more accessible for these monstrosities ( i refuse to call them human beings) to get there kicks and what are they doing to stop it??? Like I said I had personal pics of my babies stolen from my private albums from facebook its unacceptable to me.

I do agree though and you have a good point I also grew up watching Jim'll fix it (Jimmy Savilles tv programme he used to make kids dreams come true you just had to write a letter) and all the time he also was a raving nonce, not sure who Stuart Hall is I will look him up but Ralph Harries is Australian not English. You make a good point though there has been quite a few British celebs of late who have been accused of sexual abuse to minors Jimmy Saville had his knighthood revoked by the Queen even though he is now dead.

Anyway having gone once again off topic I DO think we are all in agreement that the ones making all the money whether it be Government, Kings, Queens or internet providers, they need to be doing more to stop this shit from happening.
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 3:38:03 PM

Good! Thank God, but I hope they get help with their jail time.