Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Tashtego
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:35:01 PM

Jayne33 wrote:

I've just noticed it as well and really like the idea. It's a great way to be able to say thank you for commenting.

I have to respectfully disagree. I think it's a lazy way to say thank you for a comment. If someone takes the time to not only read a story but also leave a thoughtful comment, I think a little more effort than a mouse click is in order - a brief message, a profile page post, even a black box. I suppose we all have our own ideas about what constitutes good manners, and I realize that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but when I receive my own words back by way of thanks I can't help wondering why the sender even bothered. I don't always get around to it as quickly as I should, and I'm sure I've dropped the ball a few times, but I do feel it's important to let my readers know I appreciate them. I've met some interesting people in the process. By the way, the Timeline makes it really easy to keep track of those kinds of things when I do fall behind. Anyway, just my two cents.
BiMale73
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:39:10 PM

fantasylady wrote:
Would it be possible to be able to open another tab (or window) from Lush, like the one that opens when you add to your reading queue?

This is really useful if you open a message from someone and want to see their profile at the same time without losing the mail.

Of course we can still open two tabs from our browsers, but it is time comsuming and I don't always remember.

Open link in a new tab:
Windows: CTRL + click on link
OS X: CMD + click on link
Or you can use the option in the context menu (right click on link)

The thing is: sometimes you will want this, other times not, some users want this, others not. Given the options above, each user can open any link the way (s)he wants.

Jayne33
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:59:37 AM

Tashtego wrote:

I have to respectfully disagree. I think it's a lazy way to say thank you for a comment. If someone takes the time to not only read a story but also leave a thoughtful comment, I think a little more effort than a mouse click is in order - a brief message, a profile page post, even a black box. I suppose we all have our own ideas about what constitutes good manners, and I realize that I'm probably in the minority on this one, but when I receive my own words back by way of thanks I can't help wondering why the sender even bothered. I don't always get around to it as quickly as I should, and I'm sure I've dropped the ball a few times, but I do feel it's important to let my readers know I appreciate them. I've met some interesting people in the process. By the way, the Timeline makes it really easy to keep track of those kinds of things when I do fall behind. Anyway, just my two cents.

I probably wasn't very clear with my last post, so I can understand you disagreeing with me. What I should have said is I think it's a great way for authors who didn't thank readers to start doing so and making it easier for them.

If you've ever scored, or commented on one of my stories you will know that I take a lot of time to search for a picture that captures the feel of my story and turn it into a thank you note. I also private message every reader that isn't on my friends list and take the time to thank them personally. I also do this for any new followers.

I understand that this isn't for everyone and most don't have the time to go to such lengths to show appreciation for their readers. That is why I think the new option is a great addition.

fantasylady
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:30:41 AM

BiMale73 wrote:

Open link in a new tab:
Windows: CTRL + click on link
OS X: CMD + click on link
Or you can use the option in the context menu (right click on link)

The thing is: sometimes you will want this, other times not, some users want this, others not. Given the options above, each user can open any link the way (s)he wants.

Hi BiMale73,

Please excuse my ignorance, but what link should I click on and where is it?

Thanks

Abi
Liz
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:06:03 AM

fantasylady wrote:

Hi BiMale73,

Please excuse my ignorance, but what link should I click on and where is it?

Thanks

Abi

You can use those keyboard shortcuts on any link that you would like to open in a new tab.

For instance, if you are looking at this page and wished to check your messages without closing this page down, you can hold down on your keyboard either CTRL or CMD (depending on your operating system) and then click the message icon on the top bar.

This will work with any link.

fantasylady
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:13:21 AM

Liz wrote:

You can use those keyboard shortcuts on any link that you would like to open in a new tab.

For instance, if you are looking at this page and wished to check your messages without closing this page down, you can hold down on your keyboard either CTRL or CMD (depending on your operating system) and then click the message icon on the top bar.

This will work with any link.

Wow! Thank you
BiMale73
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:48:41 PM

fantasylady wrote:
Wow! Thank you

Now you're in CTRL f-hihi

TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 3:37:07 PM

Is it possible to have an option to reply to our black boxes in the online message folder?
I don't always reply right away and I sometimes don't have the patience to load up their page or my friends list while I'm using my tablet so I can reply. (It's super slow)
Thanks!

WSCLG
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:44:02 AM

Not sure if this has been asked before, but here goes:

Is there a way to add or include the red menu bar at the bottom of the page?
Or possibly a Top link that can return the reader to the top of the page?

Typically, when I finish reading a story, scoring it and leaving a comment, I'm left with scrolling back to the top of the page to get back to the Home page or where ever I want to go. Using my computer (laptop or desktop), it is easy. Just hit CTRL-HOME and poof - I'm there. But, when using my iPad or iPhone, i have to scroll back up. If I use the back arrows, as many of you probably know, it takes you through numerous pages to get back.

Just a suggestion. Nothing in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for consideration.

WSCLG

"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Liz
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:02:26 AM

WSCLG wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked before, but here goes:

Is there a way to add or include the red menu bar at the bottom of the page?
Or possibly a Top link that can return the reader to the top of the page?

Typically, when I finish reading a story, scoring it and leaving a comment, I'm left with scrolling back to the top of the page to get back to the Home page or where ever I want to go. Using my computer (laptop or desktop), it is easy. Just hit CTRL-HOME and poof - I'm there. But, when using my iPad or iPhone, i have to scroll back up. If I use the back arrows, as many of you probably know, it takes you through numerous pages to get back.

Just a suggestion. Nothing in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for consideration.

WSCLG

To instantly scroll to the top of a page in Safari on an iPad or iPhone, just tap the status bar at the top. :)

Arcane
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:02:27 AM

I have two suggestions:
1) Update the graphics. I personally find the graphics a little too...2006. I'm not suggesting the interface should be changed, just the appearance. The red on white theme works well, however looks a bit dated.

2) Instead of a timeline review, I think a notifications tab on the top bar would be more convenient. I'm pinching the idea from Facebook simply because it's functional and works well.

BDSMBarbieDoll
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:21:01 AM

Arcane wrote:
I have two suggestions:
1) Update the graphics. I personally find the graphics a little too...2006. I'm not suggesting the interface should be changed, just the appearance. The red on white theme works well, however looks a bit dated.

2) Instead of a timeline review, I think a notifications tab on the top bar would be more convenient. I'm pinching the idea from Facebook simply because it's functional and works well.

I agree with number one.

Black and white or black and silver would be interesting.

I also vote updated avatars. I know there's a lot but some are a bit dated..

For men and women...

I quite like your avatar, Arcane.

WSCLG
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:43:22 AM

Liz wrote:

To instantly scroll to the top of a page in Safari on an iPad or iPhone, just tap the status bar at the top. :)

You see, that's why I love this site. Even when the most obvious eludes me (us), someone is there to remind us. Thanks for the DiNozzo smack, Liz. I truly needed and deserved it.

"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:00:27 PM

how about a character count when you are sending online messages?

thanks,
g
prairiedogg
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2014 9:54:14 PM

I agree with this. There's nothing more frustrating than typing along only to look up and see that you've run out of characters. For the truly long-winded, like me, this would be great.
prairiedogg
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2014 9:57:54 PM

I know this is going to draw some scrutiny, but would it be possible for scores to be shown along with comments. This might discourage those who have nothing better to do than to low-ball you with a 1 vote if they knew that everyone could see who did it. It's easy enough to find out by looking at your timeline and doing the math, but if they were out there for everyone to see it might make some of them think twice.
Dani
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 10:09:51 AM

Can there be an option to choose an avatar directly from our image galleries in addition to uploading a picture every time we change it?

Maybe we can just hover an image and select 'Choose as avatar'. It would be really convenient, especially for those like myself that recycle avatars.

CurlyGirly
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 10:17:10 AM

Dani wrote:
Can there be an option to choose an avatar directly from our image galleries in addition to uploading a picture every time we change it?

Maybe we can just hover an image and select 'Choose as avatar'. It would be really convenient, especially for those like myself that recycle avatars.

clapping clapping clapping

thumbup

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

ChrissieLecker
Posted: Friday, August 01, 2014 5:38:12 PM

Two wishes that tie together: I would be great if the message list could show more messages on a single page than twenty (perhaps as an optional setting?) and if the selection box could be made bigger. Right now, when I'm tidying up my messages, I keep missing the tiny boxes, opening the message instead. Alternatively, it would be a great help if clicking outside the checkbox in this column didn't open the message.

Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 1:24:23 AM

A minor tweak to the story search option would be great. If you type in two words it displays stories with either word rather than stories containing both words. So tough cookies if you are in the mood for something specific. Unless I am doing something wrong which could easily be the case.
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 7:09:23 PM

I really love Dani's idea, so please, can we?

Also, I was thinking since we now have the Statistics on our profile, can we add how many famous stories, RR's and EP's we have there also. I think it would be a great add to it. I mean, we have days in chat, what use is that? So, I think it would be cool to add famous stories, RR's and EP's, please. :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ You Inspire Me Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Eterhout
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 7:19:17 PM

Can private messaging allow live cam to cam for those who agree to see each other on screen in real time, without leaving the site?
nicola
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 7:26:32 PM

Molly94 wrote:
A minor tweak to the story search option would be great. If you type in two words it displays stories with either word rather than stories containing both words. So tough cookies if you are in the mood for something specific. Unless I am doing something wrong which could easily be the case.

An overhaul of the search feature has been on the cards for a long time. It's unfortunately still on the to-do list.

I would like to see many more features too. In particular:

- Search for Word 1 AND Word 2 AND Word 3 (perhaps up to 4-5 keywords).

- Add exclusion words (NOT containing "Scat" tongue6)

ChuckEPoo
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 8:02:29 PM

Nicola,

I have a suggestion that will benefit everyone. I notice I get a flood of comments on my stories when first introduced and then it trickles off to a person here and there. I would love to see a way to plug your work and give it front page attention. How about a system where you can purchase a plug or buy advertising space? I do notice that Ashleigh has her west Coast Games promoted.

Anyway, just a thought.

Chuck
nicola
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 8:20:40 PM

ChuckEPoo wrote:
I do notice that Ashleigh has her west Coast Games promoted.

Where do you mean?

All stories get equal amount of time on the front page. There are no paid placements. We promote authors' Amazon ebooks on the RHS of the front page, is that what you mean? dontknow

A few people have Ash's story promoted in their forum sigs.

Paid placement of stories could work at category level perhaps, like Google do with their 3 x sponsor listings. I don't particularly like the idea though, as it would cause a disparity.

Thank you for the suggestions folks, please keep them coming.
ChuckEPoo
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 9:18:14 PM

nicola wrote:

Where do you mean?

All stories get equal amount of time on the front page. There are no paid placements. We promote authors' Amazon ebooks on the RHS of the front page, is that what you mean? dontknow

A few people have Ash's story promoted in their forum sigs.

Paid placement of stories could work at category level perhaps, like Google do with their 3 x sponsor listings. I don't particularly like the idea though, as it would cause a disparity.

Thank you for the suggestions folks, please keep them coming.

Thanks for explaining. I guess if you build a large following your stories will of course get more readers. And I agree that self promotion that is paid would be unfair. Scratch that idea.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 9:59:12 PM

ChuckEPoo wrote:

Thanks for explaining. I guess if you build a large following your stories will of course get more readers. And I agree that self promotion that is paid would be unfair. Scratch that idea.

i choose, my choice, and it has nothing to do with my position on lush, to promote Ashleigh's stories simply because, imo, she's one of our premiere writers, and i think that anyone who is interested in being a truly great writer would do well to read her work. i know that she has pushed me to improve immeasurably from when i first joined, and i like to pay her back for the support she's given me from the moment i first joined the site. :)

Live, love, laugh.
ChuckEPoo
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 10:33:11 PM

sprite wrote:

i choose, my choice, and it has nothing to do with my position on lush, to promote Ashleigh's stories simply because, imo, she's one of our premiere writers, and i think that anyone who is interested in being a truly great writer would do well to read her work. i know that she has pushed me to improve immeasurably from when i first joined, and i like to pay her back for the support she's given me from the moment i first joined the site. :)

I wasn't slamming Ashleigh. She is the best writer on this site and has helped me tremendously. I have read all her work. I am a novice writer. Only ask questions to find out things. I thought there were promotions available for your stories. I wasn't aware they were for e-books alone. I was wrong. In any case I will be more careful about what question i ask in the future. Sorry.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2014 10:35:15 PM

ChuckEPoo wrote:

I wasn't slamming Ashleigh. She is the best writer on this site and has helped be tremendously. I have read all her work. I am a novice writer. Only ask question to find out things. I thought there was promotions available for your stories. I was wrong. In any case I will be more careful about what question i ask in the future. Sorry.

oh, it's not a big deal, i was just pointing out the kind of things it's possible to do here to help promote people if you'd like :)

Live, love, laugh.
notty54
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2014 12:13:57 AM

A save function when you are editing a story before you submit it would be a help.Thanks