Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

do you believe in God? Options · View
paul_moadib
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:13:36 AM

Which one?
drillsarge2
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:28:17 AM

Yes, I believe in God the Father, who has created all things and is omnipotent, perfect, just, actively engaged with His creation both temporally and eternally. I believe that all human beings were created by this God. I believe that all human beings are fallen creatures, not one living on this earth today is "good", "holy", "righteous", able to stand before God without sin. I believe that sin entered the world early on, so that this world we live in has also been corrupted. I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God to His children. I believe that God sent His son Jesus into the world not to condemn the world, but to be a perfect sacrifice for all who would confess His name as Lord. Those that would do so have been pardoned from their sins and may claim a life eternal with the Father.
ChuckEPoo
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:41:37 AM

Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:34:27 AM

ChuckEPoo wrote:
Yep! I bet my eternity on it. I put my trust in Christ alone. Not a religion. In fact I believe he came to free us from religion because religion is an invention of man not God. It is religion that sent Christ, Gods Son to the cross. I see a creation when I look around me. Perfect in its form and science. It makes sense that if there is a creation there is a creator. So then the question is if He is a removed creator or an involved one. By the very fact that I am surrounded by creation gives more credibility to his existence than not. What puzzles me is why the fact I believe upsets the unbelievers so much? It doesn't bother me in the least that they don't.

Here is a great video poem that says it better than I. I might be a fool but I am a fool for God and not a fool against Him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY&sns=em

Enlighten me please, I don't get it.

Christ you believe is God, as you stated it, right? But wasn't Christ a man, physical man who actually had father who is a God? And what happens to other religion that man invented, religions that do not believe in Christ, are they wrong for saying that they believe in God even though it is not a Christ? or Christ's father? And who gets to determinate which one is the right God? So confusing, please elaborate a bit for me, and I am sure more people are curious about it as well.
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:08:46 AM

No, nor Allah, nor Buddha or any other deity you care to name.
It is all mad and bad to me.
No evidence you see.
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:12:20 AM

Did someone say Zod?

Dani
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:16:52 AM

She wrote:

Enlighten me please, I don't get it.

Christ you believe is God, as you stated it, right? But wasn't Christ a man, physical man who actually had father who is a God? And what happens to other religion that man invented, religions that do not believe in Christ, are they wrong for saying that they believe in God even though it is not a Christ? or Christ's father? And who gets to determinate which one is the right God? So confusing, please elaborate a bit for me, and I am sure more people are curious about it as well.

From what I understand about Christianity, God exists in three forms: Father, Spirit, Son. This is known as the Trinity. Father is God. Son is Christ, who was God's physical form born to man to live and die as man, and to be raised from death by the Spirit, which is the spiritual manifestation of God. They all exist separately and simultaneously. Christians believe that to believe in God is to believe in all of these forms. So in terms of Christianity, there is no 'right God' because all of these forms resolve to one God.

But of course, there are other religions that believe in God, just not all three of his forms. That's not Christianity, though. Christianity drives that the only way to God is by accepting his Spirit through his son Jesus Christ.

I may or may not have botched this up, but I'm pretty sure this is the gist of it.

Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:07:41 AM

Dani wrote:

From what I understand about Christianity, God exists in three forms: Father, Spirit, Son. This is known as the Trinity. Father is God. Son is Christ, who was God's physical form born to man to live and die as man, and to be raised from death by the Spirit, which is the spiritual manifestation of God. They all exist separately and simultaneously. Christians believe that to believe in God is to believe in all of these forms. So in terms of Christianity, there is no 'right God' because all of these forms resolve to one God.

But of course, there are other religions that believe in God, just not all three of his forms. That's not Christianity, though. Christianity drives that the only way to God is by accepting his Spirit through his son Jesus Christ.

I may or may not have botched this up, but I'm pretty sure this is the gist of it.

thanks

But isn't than this polytheism?
Isn't Christianity against polytheism?
Christ is son of a God (if I got it right), and he cannot be God (father) and son of himself at the same time, right?
Or can he? If so, how is that possible?
But if Christ and God are one the same thing just in different form, why did God called him (Christ) my son and not just 'I, the only God you should believe in'. Do you maybe know what The Bible says about this?

If you have these info storaged somewhere in your memory, would be great. Maybe some one else can be of a help as well here?
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:39:18 PM

Simple answer is ........NO !!
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:29:14 PM

She wrote:

thanks

But isn't than this polytheism?
Isn't Christianity against polytheism?
Christ is son of a God (if I got it right), and he cannot be God (father) and son of himself at the same time, right?
Or can he? If so, how is that possible?
But if Christ and God are one the same thing just in different form, why did God called him (Christ) my son and not just 'I, the only God you should believe in'. Do you maybe know what The Bible says about this?

If you have these info storaged somewhere in your memory, would be great. Maybe some one else can be of a help as well here?

No, it's not polytheism. It's only polytheism if you're dealing with multiple deities. This is just 3 manifestations of the same deity.

And yes, the Bible speaks of all of this.

jollyjack
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:56:39 PM

Who...?

My Karma just ran over your Dogma
ChuckEPoo
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:27:07 PM

Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:29:02 PM

jollyjack wrote:
Who...?

Star-Lord man, legendary outlaw?!?

Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:14:45 PM

No
cowboycock87
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:32:44 PM

yes

ride em harder
littlemiss
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:16:36 PM

Jonnymarine
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 11:29:56 PM

Well I don't usually discuss my penis unless I am asked about it and I have the same philosophy with my religion.
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:06:34 AM

ChuckEPoo wrote:

Well first and for most I don't argue my faith. And I won't demean anyone else's faith or lack of it. I believe the Bible is the word of God but to believe that you must believe there is a God. I believe God is the the Creator of heaven and earth. That he is eternal with no beginning or end. That he made man in his image. Not physical image. But image as far as being self aware and having free will. He loved man and gave man the capacity to love. Man having the image of god was still not god, which is mans ultimate goal. Garden of Eden symbolizes a time when man became disobedient and chose knowledge of good and evil over God's eternal protection. Thus through choice and disobedience sin was born. I believe the Bible to be the record of man and god.

Contained in scripture is untold wisdom. The proverbs are more than a collection of musings but wisdom to live by. The psalms are songs by king David mostly, giving praise to God. In the course of man's relationship with God, God demanded worship and sacrifice. He said there can be no remission of sin without the shedding of blood. In the story of Abraham and Isaac God showed that he was to sacrifice an unblemished Ram. And thus the covenants ( or contract) with God began. There were many of these contracts made but man in his sin broke them all. Mankind takes all that God creates that is good and perfect and pollutes it. Including love and the creation he is entrusted with. Yes mankind is destroying this earth. It is our nature. The nature of sin. A nature which I share.

You say that I believe God is Christ and that is true. But why? That is the million dollar question. To answer it you must go to scripture. But again you must believe in God to believe the Bible is God's word. So then just pretend those both are true. It says in John 1:1, "in the beginning there was the word and the word was God." In John 1:14 it says, "and the word became flesh and dwelt among us." Christ said that he is the word of God. But why? Man kind broke all the covenants with God and there needed to be a new covenant. The "new covenant." One that could not be broken. Thus God became man. Perfect and unblemished. He came as prophesied, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, tempted in every way. He came not to be a teacher, not as a prophet, and not to create a religion. His sole purpose was the cross. A familiar verse is John 3:16. "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal live." That is the good news in one verse. By merely putting your faith in Christ you are saved by his grace. In the Book of Ephesians the apostle Paul said in chapter two verses 8-9, "for by grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of god not of works lest any man should boast."

I believe all religions have the same purpose and that is to contrive a method by which man can reach out to an undefinable Creator. Simply said, religion is an invention of man not God. So with all the evil things done in name of Religion, is it fair to blame God for man's sins? I hear that constantly. If god is a loving god... Then we judge him. I see it differently. God is a loving God. He loves me so much, He was willing to die for me. To take my sin upon him. I am not trying to convert you or argue you into anything. Just answer your questions.

I believe is God. And that there is one triune in nature.

I believe God created the heavens and earth.

I believe God created man in his image.

I believe man fell from Grace through free will and disobedience.

I believe that that disobedience (sin) leads to death.

I believe Jesus was conceived by God born of a virgin making him both man and God.

I believe Jesus is the Christ prophesied that would take away the sin of the world.

I believe Jesus suffered and died and took the sins of all mankind upon himself.

I believe after three days in the tomb he was resurrected and walked among men.

I believe that through faith in him salvation and eternal life are possible for all who believe. All races and all people groups.

Like I said, I have no desire to argue religion or the lack of it with anyone. I was not raised in a Christian home and have no religious upbringing. All the atheists and nay sayers I relate with because I led a group in college, many years ago, that was dedicated to proving god did not exist. A girl I was trying to bait into an argument about the validity of the Bible asked me a simple question. "Did you ever read it?" It stopped me in my tracks. She gave me a Gideon Bible. You know, the ones you see in hotel rooms. It was the New Testament. I went home trying to avoid it but a couple days later I opened it up and began to read. At first with an angry heart, but as I read it captivated me. All the time thinking about how I could now argue against Christians because I read this fairy tale. I don't know exactly when or why my heart changed but by the end of Revelation my attitude changed. I still have that bible and read what I wrote on the back cover. It says, "I don't know why I believe in what I just read, but I do. God if you can forgive me I will follow you all the rest of my life."

The question was, do you believe in god? My answer is Yes!

Thanks to both for trying to answer my questions, but I still cannot wrap my mind around any of it. Your attempts unfortunately only arise more questions. I am not questioning your faith, it is absolutely none of my business, what I am questioning is what is it that you actually believe in.
Maybe in a month or a year someone will reopen this thread and answer those questions.
Answer just because it is like that doesn't really satisfy my curiosity. There are a lot of contradiction in your post that I don't understand, they make no sense to me. How can something be everything and nothing at the same time - depends on how it suits the one to interpret faith or religion depending on current situation, is one of them. And mystery above all to me is why did mighty God decided (or was forced to. And who forced him to do so, Devil or a man who was possessed by Devil) to split his power with Devil? How come if God is above all there is, how come there is existence as powerful as he is - Devil? So many questions I have and answer you just have believe to understand, really doesn't satisfy them.
goodhusband
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:22:44 AM

I'm an agnostic. I believe in something, but I'm really not sure what. While I recognize that all things are possible, some things are certainly much more likely than others. You can interpret that any way you choose.
ChuckEPoo
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:33:12 AM

Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:27:28 AM

littlemiss wrote:

Definitely the best post in this thread.
littlemiss
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:40:35 AM

roymunson101 wrote:

Definitely the best post in this thread.

Big Hugs Big Hugs Thanks Roy!!
littlemiss
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 12:50:04 AM

Cyndy
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 11:53:32 PM

Yes, of course. No doubts at all. But I also believe He isn't like how many people think He is. We will all find out one day, sooner or later!
ClarkKent77
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:04:15 AM

I don't i grew up catholic, but i have grown up and got to make my own choices i don't believe
shuddertouch
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2014 7:42:03 PM

I hope Zod's dick makes her open her mouth so I can fuck her face.

All hail Zod.
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 3:19:23 PM

It's hard for me not to. When I feel at my worst and I think I cannot make it one more day, I pray for courage and hope. My prayers are always answered.
Instinct79
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 6:19:19 PM

I do not.

I'm more agnostic, I just don't think we're smart enough to know if there is one or more deities that created the universe, let alone what he/she/they think about our existence in it.
HeraTeleia
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:57:56 PM

Dani wrote:

No, you pretty much nailed it.

Want to learn a new word? No dictionary at hand? Read "My Favourite Word", a Recommended Read: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/my-favourite-word.aspx

Want it all? Masturbation, exhibitionism, seduction, and of course, sex? Read "Tension", a Recommended Read: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/tension-1.aspx

Want a quick read? Like surprises? Read "Double Oxer", a Recommended Read: https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/double-oxer.aspx

boundtight76
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:31:04 PM

I believe in an omnipotent being. Whether it is a God, Jesusi, Allah or a Daisy....I won't know till after I'm gone