Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:10:24 PM

ChuckEPoo wrote:
I have said it before. Greater security for the authors stories. I know nothing about programming but is there some way to keep the stories from being copied and pasted. My girl friend and one of the premier authors on this site took down her stories to protect them. I am such a novice author it does not bother me but many truly gifted authors here have been plagiarized regularly.

I'm pretty sure this site is as secure as any, more than most for that, but the technology just isn't there. I've had dozens of stories copied and pasted on other sites without my permission. All I can do is try and stay on top of that and threaten them with my attorneys. If it can be seen, it can be stolen. That's just a fact. Make sure you copyright your material.

ChuckEPoo
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:31:13 PM

Buz wrote:

I'm pretty sure this site is as secure as any, more than most for that, but the technology just isn't there. I've had dozens of stories copied and pasted on other sites without my permission. All I can do is try and stay on top of that and threaten them with my attorneys. If it can be seen, it can be stolen. That's just a fact. Make sure you copyright your material.

Thanks Buz. Sorry your work has been stolen. It really speaks to the world condition more than anything else. Sad.

I've just published chapter seven of Undercovers Detective. I would love your feedback on this story. I'm planning on ten chapters at least. If you haven't read one yet, I've included links. I hope you like them.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/undercovers-detective-chapter-7.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/seduction/undercovers-detective-chapter-6.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/undercovers-detective-chapter-5.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/underdovers-detective-chapter-4.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/seduction/undercovers-detective-chapter-3.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/undercovers-detective-chapter-two.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/undercovers-detective.aspx
overmykneenow
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:45:41 AM

ChuckEPoo wrote:

Thanks Buz. Sorry your work has been stolen. It really speaks to the world condition more than anything else. Sad.

It's common for almost any type written work to be ripped off once it's available on the internet. It's nigh on impossible to put information on a website without someone being able to steal it with a few simple clicks. Yes, it's shitty. Yes, it's annoying but thankfully in the vast majority of cases that's all it is. These people aren't going to get a three book deal from Harper Collins, they're not going to negotiate film rights and they definitely will not be taking any food from your mouth. All they will have is your story on their crappy little 10 hits a day website. Those who try to publish on sites similar to Lush with a similar level of popularity, tend to get found out pretty quickly and get treated accordingly.

Taking down stories to protect them seems a little extreme and a bit harsh on the 99.99% of people who know how to behave themselves.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
overmykneenow
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 1:55:46 AM

Liz wrote:

This seems largely redundant to me. The people who send you those sorts of Friend Requests clearly can't be bothered to read through your profile - what difference will a pop-up box make?

I would have thought that most people who do this are friend collectors, and aren't going to be deterred by a secondary reminder of what your bio already states. They'll just try their look. If they were seriously interested in getting to know you, they'd have read your profile first.

My 2 cents

Maybe it would be helpful if when you send a friend request to someone they could see your profile as a friend would. That is, if you have your photos albums and activity available for friends only, anyone you send a request to can have access to that info as well. This would be a one-way arrangement until the FR is confirmed.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
ChuckEPoo
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:10:20 AM

overmykneenow wrote:

It's common for almost any type written work to be ripped off once it's available on the internet. It's nigh on impossible to put information on a website without someone being able to steal it with a few simple clicks. Yes, it's shitty. Yes, it's annoying but thankfully in the vast majority of cases that's all it is. These people aren't going to get a three book deal from Harper Collins, they're not going to negotiate film rights and they definitely will not be taking any food from your mouth. All they will have is your story on their crappy little 10 hits a day website. Those who try to publish on sites similar to Lush with a similar level of popularity, tend to get found out pretty quickly and get treated accordingly.

Taking down stories to protect them seems a little extreme and a bit harsh on the 99.99% of people who know how to behave themselves.

I agree with your comment whole heartily. However, Lexi is in the process of publishing three books. One of them was posted on lush. She didn't remove the stories but hid them. The only one still visible was our collaboration. She has a blog on Tumblr with thousands of followers but pulled the stories there also. I think the same sick sob that attacked lush attracted her also. Leaves messages like I hate you.

Anyway thanks for your feed back.

I've just published chapter seven of Undercovers Detective. I would love your feedback on this story. I'm planning on ten chapters at least. If you haven't read one yet, I've included links. I hope you like them.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/undercovers-detective-chapter-7.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/seduction/undercovers-detective-chapter-6.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/undercovers-detective-chapter-5.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/underdovers-detective-chapter-4.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/seduction/undercovers-detective-chapter-3.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/undercovers-detective-chapter-two.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/undercovers-detective.aspx
IAMLOVE
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 12:49:55 PM

This is a long shot...Mazza posted the coolest pictures here.

What if a competition went off by looking at a few related pictures, then the most interesting interpretation would win?

All subjective as usual.

The pics she posted are brilliant.

To me, I interpret those as "The Devil's Mardi Gras" and would write as such..or something else cool.

Just a random idea from me. I'm very visual as anyone can tell. (Not in a shallow way.)

Oh, I didn't see it said Dante's inferno room..lmao.

But hopefully someone sees what I mean..

https://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst12965p299_Today-in-Pictures-post-a-picture-representing-your-mood.aspx

|||Wild Girl, that's me
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 2:23:08 PM

I'm fairly new, but it seems like once a post goes into forum, it cannot be deleted?
Dani
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 2:46:03 PM

LadyAnnWest wrote:
I'm fairly new, but it seems like once a post goes into forum, it cannot be deleted?

Welcome to Lush!

And you are correct.

Any member may edit their posts as they see fit, but only site administrators and forum moderators have the ability to delete posts.

Posted: Friday, August 22, 2014 3:38:56 PM

Sometimes when im all caught up on the latest stories, i will go to click on the random button. There have been a couple of time's where i've read a couple of story's i have already commented on. Maybe making a symbol or something letting us know that we have already read this story.
Callisto
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:59:09 AM

KatieElizabeth wrote:
I've started adding loads of stories to my reading queue. I have about 10 or 15 in there now. When I open the reading queue (and please call me dizzy if you like), I can never remember who the authors were unless I open the story from the queue, which in turn makes it disappear from the queue. This is a bit of a pain if I want to read a story from a specific author/profile I've looked at and saved for another time.. Can the author also be added alongside the title of the story in the reading queue?

This has been added.
Coco
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:25:16 AM

Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:04:32 PM

Callisto wrote:

This has been added.

OOOH! This is excellent!

Thanks Callisto and thank you too, Gav! The reading queue is much better!

Xxx

Nothing to see here...
KatieElizabeth
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:39:44 PM

Callisto wrote:

This has been added.

Wow thanks xxx

Feedback on the change looks good and it def gets my vote xxx

Can I suggest something else? You have a "Bug Slayer" badge which you award to people who report issues with the site. What about a "Suggestor/Improver" badge for ideas that improve the site for all users? Okay, okay, I admit it. I'm shamelessly soliciting my award of a non existent badge! Sorry :) xx

Thanks again though xx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Dani
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:15:10 AM

Can the voting format be changed? As of now, when we pick a number from the drop-down menu the score immediately takes effect. This is especially annoying on a phone or a tablet.

Perhaps there can be a prompt that says 'Are you sure you want to vote [insert number here]?' Or maybe instead of it being a drop-down menu of numbers, all the numbers can be listed with bubbles or a check-box next to them and after selecting a score, we click submit.

principessa
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:42:53 AM

Would it be possible to have the "like" grey out once you have used it? This would allow you not to repeat likes and to know where you left off on a list of comments.

Dirty_D
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:15:22 AM

Callisto wrote:

This has been added.

Love this thank you!

Tashtego
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:03:21 PM

Callisto wrote:

This has been added.

Love the new queue. Kudos to Gav and the rest of the team.
NymphWriter
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 10:33:40 AM

I'm sure someone else has suggested this, but I feel this should be considered.

I know we, as authors, can require that when someone votes, they leave a comment as to why. I personally don't have this on (for reasons I don't feel I need to share in a public forum.) However, today I had a story get a 1 with no apparent reason. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, or others I know. Now, I do feel that people have the right to vote how they wish, but for any scores below a 3, they should be required to say why. What did the author did that was so wrong? Was the writing that bad?

I do feel they have the right to their opinion, but I would like to have the right to respond, or at least say, "You have a valid point."

EDIT: I did hear from the reader and they said it was an error. Thank GOD Gav has allowed us to change our scores when we fuck up (and I'll even admit I've goofed a score... but at least I could fix it quickly.) Sorry if I sounded thinned skin (which some have said I did not sound that way), but it was rough way to start my day... but now... it's getting much brighter.

HeraTeleia
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:10:17 AM

NymphWriter wrote:

I know we, as authors, can require that when someone votes, they leave a comment as to why. I personally don't have this on (for reasons I don't feel I need to share in a public forum.) However, today I had a story get a 1 with no apparent reason. This isn't the first time this has happened to me, or others I know. Now, I do feel that people have the right to vote how they wish, but for any scores below a 3, they should be required to say why. What did the author did that was so wrong? Was the writing that bad?

I do feel they have the right to their opinion, but I would like to have the right to respond, or at least say, "You have a valid point."

Maybe Gav could enable a feature requiring a comment only if the score given is a 3 or below? I don't require comments on my scores because honestly, I only give 5's or nothing at all, and I find myself at a loss for words when the little "comment box" pops up.

Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or six!

Callisto
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 8:55:09 PM

NymphWriter wrote:

EDIT: I did hear from the reader and they said it was an error. Thank GOD Gav has allowed us to change our scores when we fuck up (and I'll even admit I've goofed a score... but at least I could fix it quickly.) Sorry if I sounded thinned skin (which some have said I did not sound that way), but it was rough way to start my day... but now... it's getting much brighter.

I think it used to be that way a while back, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My My 2 cents

I don't think we should force people to leave a comment just because it's a low score, well lower than what people want or expect. Some people don't like to leave comments and that's their right. Same goes for the people that prefer leaving comments instead of voting.

I don't always leave comments and I don't always vote a story a 5. I don't think I've ever given 2 or below, but if I did I shouldn't be forced to justify it with a comment. If I thought it deserved a 3 or below then that's what I'm giving it, it's my opinion of the story.

overmykneenow
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:03:32 AM

Dani wrote:
Can the voting format be changed? As of now, when we pick a number from the drop-down menu the score immediately takes effect. This is especially annoying on a phone or a tablet.

Perhaps there can be a prompt that says 'Are you sure you want to vote [insert number here]?' Or maybe instead of it being a drop-down menu of numbers, all the numbers can be listed with bubbles or a check-box next to them and after selecting a score, we click submit.

This. Radio buttons would be a much better option and would probably eliminate the need to go back and change (except for those who are worried about thin-skinned authors)

noll
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:13:51 AM

overmykneenow wrote:
This. Radio buttons would be a much better option and would probably eliminate the need to go back and change (except for those who are worried about thin-skinned authors)

Just removing the autosubmit on selecting and adding a submit button would do the trick already.

RavenStar
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:42:44 AM

Is there any way to make it so that returned stories can be saved part way through editing (like a draft)? Right now, authors have to make all their changes in one go because the system doesn't allow for returned stories to be saved part way. It's especially trying for stories that require significant editing.

Mazza
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2014 4:41:07 PM

It would be good if when someone replies on a comment that you've made on a story, you get a notification...

It's not often that I revisit a story after I've scored and commented, but sometimes the author will give a lovely response and I would never know...

A wee notification (perhaps showing their actual response) would fix that - I guess that people returning to see what the author said about their comment would increase story views as well...

Nothing to see here...
Charlotte_
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2014 7:15:15 PM

I recently discovered the window where you can see the history of your little black box chat, and am so glad to have found it.

Of course, I am spoiled by the rest of Lush, the tight integration between the stories, forums, chat rooms, little black boxes. I don't much care for the private chat windows. However, it would be nice if the LBB chat were better integrated with the history window. either if you could type your next message into the history itself, or if the history would refresh itself automatically every time a message went through, that would be great. I am thinking of something that looks like the yahoo chat windows.

Best Friend Exchange Club: Here
Artist stories start at Artist -- Chapter 1
Starbucks Reverie at Starbucks Reverie

And now for something completely different: The Lesson
Smoocher
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2014 8:34:21 PM

A "date added" when you get a new addition to your friends list.

PLEASE consider returning "Casper" icon (or 'something similar' ) to sign in bar.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/exit-33-trust.aspx

MollyDoll
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:49:08 AM

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not, but how about a Preview button when adding your forum signatures. There is a preview button for everything else you post so I was surprised when there wasn't one available there too.

A few of my favorites:
Earning Her Tuition
A Shift In Power
Rebound Sex
Peeling Away The Layers
My Audios
My Turn
My Moment Of Play

Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:25:03 AM

MadameMolly wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not, but how about a Preview button when adding your forum signatures. There is a preview button for everything else you post so I was surprised when there wasn't one available there too.

I've definitely brought this up, maybe more than once lol

It's frustrating to have to go and view forum posts to see if you got it right or not...
(I usually take two or three tries before I get it right lol)

Nothing to see here...
MollyDoll
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:24:23 AM

Mazza wrote:

I've definitely brought this up, maybe more than once lol

It's frustrating to have to go and view forum posts to see if you got it right or not...
(I usually take two or three tries before I get it right lol)

I decided to attempt to make them myself, but I am not the best at being crafty on computers. Plus, I am a person that worries themselves to death before I hit the Post button.

It was a scary moment trying to find a forum I had posted in so I could see it. The whole time I was hoping it looked right! icon_smile

A few of my favorites:
Earning Her Tuition
A Shift In Power
Rebound Sex
Peeling Away The Layers
My Audios
My Turn
My Moment Of Play

HeraTeleia
Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 12:07:38 PM

asleep wrote:
PLEASE consider returning "Casper" icon (or 'something similar' ) to sign in bar.

This. I occasionally somehow would have the site (or maybe me?) "hiccough" and I would be invisible and not be aware of it until someone told me of my invisibility. The Casper icon was a nice way of knowing whether people could see me or not. If not Casper, maybe something like an uppercase "I" in italics in the same place as Casper used to reside?

Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or six!