Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I feel my IQ draining multiple points away...whenever Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 3:33:48 PM

whenever I read anything about or click a link and watch just 30 to sixty seconds of this show.

This has got to be the most brain damaging, fcked up beyond all repair, unreality tv show of all time. At least since the debut of MTV Cribs in 2000.

Can anyone think of one that is worse? geek

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 3:55:19 PM

Maybe not worse but equal.
Any of the bachelor or survivor types.
American Idol.
Jerry Springer.
Sweet 16 birthday thing on MTV. Watched it 3x and got to pissed to watch more.
Same with Bridezilla
Any politician when it's election time. I get so tired of the slams they make on each other. Makes me want to kick them all in the ass.
Any of the cleb rehabs. Whiny bitches.

Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 4:08:26 PM

First of all I would love some pretzels and I probably wouldn't mind watching those two girls getting down and dirty. Mmmmmmmm. There is one show that beats them all and that is 'The Soup' it's all the shows reviews in one hilarious half hour.happy1 happy1 happy1
flower MissJess
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 4:18:38 PM

MissJess wrote:
First of all I would love some pretzels and I probably wouldn't mind watching those two girls getting down and dirty. Mmmmmmmm. There is one show that beats them all and that is 'The Soup' it's all the shows reviews in one hilarious half hour.happy1 happy1 happy1
flower MissJess

Oh, I beg your pardon. Is Jersey Shore a comedy and the humor just goes right over my cranky/stodgy head?

Satire or...?

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 4:51:20 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
MissJess wrote:
flower MissJess

Oh, I beg your pardon. Is Jersey Shore a comedy and the humor just goes right over my cranky/stodgy head?

Satire or...?

I don't really know what it is, I don't watch Reality TV. From that little clip it seems pretty funny to me! I know I would never take any of these shows serious enough to think of them anything other than comedy. I think I might just keep my eyes out for this show and hopefully my IQ doesn't drop any lower or I might get the boot from this site geek
MissJess
LadyX
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 5:50:46 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
MissJess wrote:
flower MissJess

Satire or...?

oh, I LOVE Jersey Shore! And ya, it's not making me any smarter, that's for damn sure, but its so much fun to watch, I can't help it, its like a train wreck all the time- plus, I see pieces of people that I know in real life in those fools.

I love reality shows for the unintentional comedy and for the ridiculous drama of it all. I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette too.

So, yes I guess I agree with Chef and WMM on what's making them dumber the more they watch it- the only difference is that I enjoy most of those shows. It's not the only fun thing I do that kills the brain tiny pieces at a time, and it makes me laugh, which is good.
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 6:03:03 PM

Jersey shore is a lot of fun to watch. It helps me turn my brain off after a stressful day.

Now shit like the Transformers movies and 2012 and other crap like that makes you dumber with each second you watch...

Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 6:08:24 PM

all junk food tv!
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 6:17:08 PM

Watching reality television is like watching grass grow in the desert and the same color of paint on the wall drying. evil4
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 6:40:10 PM

I'll admit I have enjoyed some good old fashioned brain-rot from reality-tv. It's all escapism, and it's easy background noise if you're doing something else. You take a quick glance at the TV, get your laugh, congratulate yourself that your life is not as fucked up as theirs, and then continue doing whatever you were doing.

I'll watch Jersey Shore if it's on, but I wouldn't make time out of my day to make sure I catch each episode. I love the comedic entertainment... Even in that clip WMM, you can't help but stare (car-crash-style) at the idiocy... and hey... I thought I caught a glimpse of The_Driver in the background... or at least guys that favour those spiky haircuts to make them look taller... evil4

Most people know that I love a bit of drama-rama every now and then, so reality-tv is fair game in my world.

It's all I can do to get over the fact that The Hills is gone forever... How will we know what happens to Heidi and Spencer now?! geek

CuriousButterfly
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 7:52:15 PM

Mindless TV is a great way to relax and Jersey Shore is as mindless as it gets LOL

Now excuse me while I go fake and bake and then tease my hair up two inches ...

LadyX
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2010 7:36:55 PM

more brain cells are gonna bite it when this one starts up- and I'm excited! drunken