Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A question to all the Americans here... Options · View
redhotmommacita
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:22:58 AM

LittleMissBitch wrote:
cant really expect too much from a nation that worships holllywood and treats sports stars like gods. WE're more concerned about OUR starlets going to jail than the truth about of OUR gov't and presidents background. WE steal cable and sue OUR neighbors cuz the fruit from their tree falls into OUR yards. WE are loud, arrogant and cant see past OUR own noses and have an inappropriate sense of entitlement. for a nation that was born on the back of labor WE are some lazy ass people.

and terd (you know i love ya) and remington..our problems go back wayyy farther than bush clinton regan and ford, decades even. so you cant lay all the blame on obama or really any one of them.. WE've been going downhill for a long time now.

AMEN TO THAT

Behind every strong soldier there is even a stronger woman who raised him " Proud Army Mom"

redhotmommacita
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:35:51 AM

chefkathleen wrote:
Yes, they're uninformed and/or really don't care that much to learn more on the subject. They listen to gossip or whatever pundit is spouting off at the time and follow that. As long as it doesn't effect their lives day to day they're really unconcerned. As someone else said they're, and I mean a percentage of the population, like the biddies that sit around talking about something they really know nothing about. The politicians count a great deal on the American people having short memories. It's how they get elected time and time again even though they screw up constantly.

Americans would not be misinformed or uninformed if they would just open up thier pea brains and use it to read the Times or CNN online or any other of our great news sources. and be informed and up to date with what is going on in our own back yard ( for those uninformed Back yard means our own country ) if needed take a trip to louisiana and see all the great help bush did in New orleans after Katrina if you open your eyes and your minds you will see he and the republican party did NOTHING AT ALL BUT LEAVE A MESS ThAT OTHERS HAVE TO FIX AND CLEAN UP IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY AND THEY HAVE SCREWED OUR WHOLE ECCONOMY UP. S stop complaining and get informed!!!

Behind every strong soldier there is even a stronger woman who raised him " Proud Army Mom"

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 11:02:51 AM

Jacknife wrote:
Can any Americans closer to the situation explain it to me?

Obama is really a CIA front, himself. Everybody knows this, right?

http://www.infowars.com/bombshell-barack-obama-conclusively-outed-as-cia-creation/

geek

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
LadyX
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 11:32:45 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Jacknife wrote:

http://www.infowars.com/bombshell-barack-obama-conclusively-outed-as-cia-creation/

geek

Yep, old news, but maybe there are a few that didn't know that.happy8

Jacknife, I think the answer to your question ("I have to ask is 18% of America truly that uninformed that they would answer in that way?") is clearly yes. Why? Because at a certain point, people choose to believe what they want and turn their brains off to opposing thoughts or evidence.

If you want us to pile on about how ignorant and gullible those wacko Americans are, which I think you're partially fishing for, then I can't help you. No matter what country we call home, there are plenty of idiots around us. It's my belief that media and corporations steer the herd, feeding us lies and propaganda to keep us focused on the wrong things. It happens here in the US, I'm sure it happens elsewhere, too.
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 11:34:59 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:

://.infowars.com/bombshell-barack-obama-conclusively-outed-as-cia-creation/

Oh man, I thought that link was going to be a joke! (Well, it is, though it doesn't appear to be an intentional one.) Wow, scary that people believe that kind of nonsense.

~ Rascal

Maggie Rascal
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 1:47:35 PM

LadyX wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
Jacknife wrote:

geek

Yep, old news, but maybe there are a few that didn't know that.happy8

Jacknife, I think the answer to your question ("I have to ask is 18% of America truly that uninformed that they would answer in that way?") is clearly yes. Why? Because at a certain point, people choose to believe what they want and turn their brains off to opposing thoughts or evidence.

If you want us to pile on about how ignorant and gullible those wacko Americans are, which I think you're partially fishing for, then I can't help you. No matter what country we call home, there are plenty of idiots around us. It's my belief that media and corporations steer the herd, feeding us lies and propaganda to keep us focused on the wrong things. It happens here in the US, I'm sure it happens elsewhere, too.

dont you think it happens especially here tho ladyx? i mean so many of us seem so closed to anything thats not american. at least in europe it seems they are more aware of the whole world around them while we dont seem to look past our borders. not all of us of course. but my god if hear one more person bitching cuz the people in front of them at the grocery were speaking in spanish im gonna flip shit! lets try opening our minds and expanding our horizons just a tad. its ok to speak more than one language and no English should not be the official language of the planet. we wont use the metric system even though the rest of the planet does. we have the World Series that only includes one country, ours. we even re-named and entire sport so could call football football.
we are ignorant , we are gullible. shit...sometimes i feel like its a wonder we can barely read! there are times when i feel like the entire rest of the planet laughs at us...the juveniles.
LadyX
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 1:56:38 PM

LittleMissBitch wrote:
LadyX wrote:
It happens here in the US, I'm sure it happens elsewhere, too.

dont you think it happens especially here tho ladyx? i mean so many of us seem so closed to anything thats not american.

I really don't know- I have to admit to you all that I've never been outside the US. You might be right, but making blanket characterizations about countries don't tend to end well here in lushland, and thats where his question could've taken us, whether he meant it that way or not. Sorry if I am messing up on the side of caution, but better to be careful with that kind of thing.

Let's just agree that things don't look good sometimes when we look around at our fellow 'information consumers'. happy8
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 2:30:15 PM

LittleMissBitch wrote:

dont you think it happens especially here tho ladyx? i mean so many of us seem so closed to anything thats not american. at least in europe it seems they are more aware of the whole world around them while we dont seem to look past our borders. not all of us of course. but my god if hear one more person bitching cuz the people in front of them at the grocery were speaking in spanish im gonna flip shit! lets try opening our minds and expanding our horizons just a tad. its ok to speak more than one language and no English should not be the official language of the planet. we wont use the metric system even though the rest of the planet does. we have the World Series that only includes one country, ours. we even re-named and entire sport so could call football football.
we are ignorant , we are gullible. shit...sometimes i feel like its a wonder we can barely read! there are times when i feel like the entire rest of the planet laughs at us...the juveniles.

America was settled by people that were so fed up with their home countries that they would rather risk death at sea, or at the hands of "redskins" than stay where they were. They were independent, and wanted to be free from government control. It's possible that some of this trait has been passed on down through their genes to us. We see ourselves as a success story on a global scale. None of the world powers (at the time) gave our 'democracy' any chance at success. Because of our prosperity, and our history of fighting for freedom, we see ourselves as better than most. Rightfully or not, we see ourselves as morally superior to most other countries on the globe.

Most Americans don't realize that as far as technology has progressed, the science of manipulating human emotion and reason has progressed apace. I heard a quote that once you get past which corporation owns which other corporation, there are only four or five main news agencies, telling the world whatever they want the world to know. It's impossible for me to believe that those news agencies aren't into pushing agendas from time to time. Politicians have discovered that they can choose what the news agencies print, simply by granting or withholding access. As the press becomes less and less free, so does the threat of tyranny grow, not only for America, but world-wide.

Quote:
"The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the waters pure." --Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823. ME 15:491

Our Ameri-centric press takes it's orders from our Ameri-centric government, for the purpose of pushing it's Ameri-centric agenda to the American people. One question we should be asking of each other is: "How do the American people regain control of a government that has undeniably spun out of control?"
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 2:58:48 PM

Quote:
They were independent, and wanted to be free from government control.

and now look at us. we are not them mr. nudie. we are coasting on their ideals and their labor. like rich kids living off a trust fund.
rougerogue
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 3:35:15 PM

I'm not sure as a non American i should even be typing in this thead, however the fact is every nation has to have a certain amount of numbskulls otherwise the educated wouldn't stand out as much. America just happens to have a lot more people in it than say here in the UK. Im sure i could walk down the high street of any UK town and find a handful of people who dont even know who our own Prime Minister is.
Remember... the stupid were created to make us feel better about ourselves (just pray they dont get into power!!!).
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 5:13:18 PM

What does it matter what he is? Muslim, Christian, Buddhist... as long as he understands our constitution and respects America's freedom and rights, I think he's in the clear.
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 5:41:41 PM

rougerogue wrote:
the stupid were created to make us feel better about ourselves (just pray they dont get into power!!!).

We've actually had that happen here in the states but we survived...

MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 5:56:21 PM

ashes2ashes wrote:
What does it matter what he is? Muslim, Christian, Buddhist... as long as he understands our constitution and respects America's freedom and rights, I think he's in the clear.

The only reason it matters is because the same people that can be convinced that he's a Muslim can also be convinced that all Muslims are eeeeeeevil terr'ists.

And they vote.
DamonX
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 10:53:31 PM

Quote:
MrNudiePants wrote:
DamonX wrote:
Trying to talk intelligently with them is like talking to children.

That's not a strictly American problem, but it's common enough that I have no problem believing you. Do they also watch professional wrestling, and get upset when the bad guy wins the belt? Because I know a lot of people like that.

You're right. I know lots of Americans that aren't like that. (Including the Americans on the other side of the family.) The ones I was referring to, represented the epitome of the red state, religious right, anti-evolutionary type.

Quote:
DamonX wrote:
They also think that Missouri is the Garden of Eden though.

And have you ever BEEN to Missouri? Scorching summers and numbing winters aside, there are some very nice places there.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, so I apologize if it was meant to be. The Mormans believe that The garden of Eden is in Missouri, and that they should migrate ther before the end of he world. I have nothing against Missouri, nor have I been there.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:36:17 AM

DamonX wrote:

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, so I apologize if it was meant to be. The Mormans believe that The garden of Eden is in Missouri, and that they should migrate ther before the end of he world. I have nothing against Missouri, nor have I been there.

It was sarcasm... see? You're learning, son.

Now about that Mormon thing - I thought their Eden was in Utah? Huh. You learn something new every day. I mean, yes, there are some really beautiful places in Missouri, but... Eden? Nahhhhhh.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:14:07 AM

This is what most right wing 'conservative' Obama bashers are reading these days, Mr. Jackknife.

I yanked this off of another forum I frequent. It is stock full of all sorts of nonsense, fingerpointing - blameshifting and MOAR TAX CUTS!!!

Oh...and This...lol, is a website sponsor for the above.

Any questions? 6

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:15:42 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:
Now about that Mormon thing - I thought their Eden was in Utah? Huh. You learn something new every day. I mean, yes, there are some really beautiful places in Missouri, but... Eden? Nahhhhhh.

Let's not drive off on a tangent towards the magical Mormon under garments. Although that would be entertaining.

Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:08:37 PM

Jacknife wrote:
As a follow up to the recent Ground Zero issues that have been happening, a lot has been made of the recent poll out that included a section on President Obama's religion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11027568

So 18% of people positively identified Obama as a Muslim, to say nothing of the 45% who didn't know.

I have to ask is 18% of America truly that uninformed that they would answer in that way? While
you can disagree with the man on his policies surely characterizing him so badly just makes you seem stupid insane or just uninformed.

Add this to all the heat that Obama took about being a part of Rev Wright's christian church from the right, I don't understand how so many people can not know that he is a Christian. Can any Americans closer to the situation explain it to me?

The president claims to be a Christian and I will believe him until there is ample evidence to prove something different.

You know the conspiracy buff will have a great time with his family history and exposure to Islam in his youth.

At the same time how do we truly know what is in anyone heart?
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:14:54 PM

Being a "right" wing conservative most of "us" are not out there reading the fringe radical sites. We most frequent a few more well respected conservative sites (ie ://.askheritage.org). The blameshifting you are referring to seems to be the call sign of Mr Obama. Instead of fixing the problem he likes to blame someone else. He is not interested in fixing the problem, he is more interested in telling you who is to blame and why you should be scared.

WMM as far as "MOAR (more) tax cuts", any educated economist will explain to you that raising taxes will stunt the economy, drive down investment, slow the recovery and actually bring in less tax revenue than leaving the tax rate as is or better yet cut taxes. Let us the people have our money, spend it, invest it and let the business sector do whats right with the money.

The nine most terrifying words in the English Language "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"
Rembacher
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:32:38 PM

terd_furgeson wrote:

any educated economist will explain to you that raising taxes will stunt the economy, drive down investment, slow the recovery and actually bring in less tax revenue than leaving the tax rate as is or better yet cut taxes. Let us the people have our money, spend it, invest it and let the business sector do whats right with the money.

If you would like to debate Obama's politics, left vs right economics, or anything along those lines, start a thread, I'll gladly go there. Although I get the feeling we won't be able to keep it from getting out of hand. There are many well educated economists who see higher taxes as a way for the government to create spending. Especially in poor economic times, taxes, and the government spending of that money, stimulate the economy because the average citizen is afraid of losing his or her job, so saves money.

Try not to bash those who have a different view than yours by implying they are uneducated. Debate the idea, not the person.
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:36:24 PM

IF YOU WANT TO TALK POLITICS AND ECONOMICS.....

BUT IT'S NOT THIS ONE.

First one to start a thread on US economic recovery theory gets a free cyber handjob! evil4

But seriously, this one's for Obama and rumors of his personal beliefs. A wider discussion needs its own thread.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:51:58 PM

Shit, Terd - I was really ready to hijack this thread.

Thanks for saving me, Xuani.

DamonX
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:51:27 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:
DamonX wrote:

It was sarcasm... see? You're learning, son.

Yeah...I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well into typed form. Fortunately condescension is easily conveyed. icon_smile
Jacknife
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:22:57 AM

So am I right in thinking that these 18% of people genuinely think this and are just telling the pollsters this as a way of throwing insults at a person they disagree with politically.

On the wider point of Obama in general, that thread would be quite interesting if someone wants to start it.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:50:29 AM

Jacknife wrote:
So am I right in thinking that these 18% of people genuinely think this and are just telling the pollsters this as a way of throwing insults at a person they disagree with politically.

I dunno Jack. 18% seems a little high for the Tea Baggers in America. Of course, not all of that 18 percent would admit to believing in all the nutty concepts that Palin (as their ringleader and defacto Queen) spews out of her gas hole. She makes up words almost as often as I do.

'Refudiate'?? lol

However mine actually mean something. icon_smile Fucktard - rules

http://www.unwords.com/ (as a sideline tangent)