Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A Mosque at ground zero. Options · View
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:44:08 AM

LadyX wrote:
My new favorite song and video, I'm sure it will hit the charts soon. I'm making this my new ringtone! LMAO

So inspirational (wipes tears)- give me a minute to compose myself.

Well that's certainly... I mean... You know...

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:43:24 PM

LadyX wrote:
My new favorite song and video, I'm sure it will hit the charts soon. I'm making this my new ringtone! LMAO

So inspirational (wipes tears)- give me a minute to compose myself.

Remember folks, freedom isn't free, it costs $1.05.

Wow, I can just envision all the protestors line-dancing to this in front of ground zero.

I don't know about buying the ringtone though. I'm going to wait for the Tiesto remix first... glasses8

Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:19:56 AM

http://www.projectshiningcity.org/About_Us.php

These are the morons behind this stupidity, and the founder from what I read is Jeff Bruzzo, who from what I gather owns a business and is probably an adjunct professor in some community college, or a substitute teacher.

Honestly, who is really making a mockery of 911 dumb ass. Shame on you, but cudos for bringing the vid X, now I have a new member of the boat I want to fill up and send off. Current steadfast members include, Mel Gibson, Beyonce Knowles, the whole "Tea Party" (who are also affiliated with the group who produced this swell video), Oprah Winfrey, and ahh hell, invite the whole FoxNews network. Oh, and Jim Jones is serving the cocktails.

LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:38:27 AM

It's amazing how things like this bring out the dregs of this country in full force- and puts them on cable news networks around the clock. d'oh!

Add this one to the SHUN LIST-

Pamela Geller- who has appointed herself in charge of the effort against the Islamic Community Center/Park51. Read a little about this psycho-bigot, then try not to laugh as she refers to others, including Muslims, as "radicals".

Okay, show of hands: who's surprised that the most vocal opponent of Park51 is a white supremacist?

What, nobody?

Okay, me neither. But remember, it's not about race or religion. Really, it's not, right? no

JayDee
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:12:56 PM

I know it will earn few points for popularity but I think that occasionally some are so enamored of instant gratification that they fail to consider what would happen to the freedom to contribute to a site like "Lush" on the off-chance we were someday saddled with the Sharia Law these mosque-building zealots would like to see imposed. Complacency is the proverbial path of least resistance and you can too easily fall victim to an over abundance of a good thing while occupied with assiduously denigrating the opinions of those with whom you disagree.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:36:37 PM

JayDee wrote:
I know it will earn few points for popularity but I think that occasionally some are so enamored of instant gratification that they fail to consider what would happen to the freedom to contribute to a site like "Lush" on the off-chance we were someday saddled with the Sharia Law these mosque-building zealots would like to see imposed. Complacency is the proverbial path of least resistance and you can too easily fall victim to an over abundance of a good thing while occupied with assiduously denigrating the opinions of those with whom you disagree.

After a quick check of the dictionary- I think there is a ton of assiduous denigration going on in both camps- for and against. Let's hope Sharia law is still a ways away. I'd look terrible in a burqua- my butt would look so big! confused1

Welcome, JayDee and Slymuppet! hello2
MrNudiePants
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:11:45 PM

LadyX wrote:

After a quick check of the dictionary- I think there is a ton of assiduous denigration going on in both camps- for and against. Let's hope Sharia law is still a ways away. I'd look terrible in a burqua- my butt would look so big! confused1

Nah, Babe. Even in a burkha you'd still be totally you. boobieflash2
Bunny12
Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:11:14 PM

Sharia law in the US NEVER happen we have far too many red necks with guns for that and I married into a clan of them and never felt safer!

Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 10:52:51 AM

Formalized belief will never crush the human spirit. All religions have attemped this and all will fail. People cannot be supressed for ever they will break the chains. Where religion teaches us to love our fellow man it is wonderful, but where it teaches us to force him to believe it is abhorrent.
gimmesumpussy
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:42:01 PM

I am completely 100% AGAINST a mosque being built at ground zero. During the times of he Islamic Conquests when ever the Muslims conquered a place they built a mosque usually in a location of importance to the conquered people. This is a case like that. The 10% of Muslims that are completely ape sjit are trying to make a point that they came they saw and they kicked us in the balls. But then we came to them we saw there god forsaken desserts and we kicked some ass for those who died. The 90% that are not the hardcore anti American i like. I just don't like the idea of doing this with the hidden meaning behind it. I might bee looking to deep into this but i dont like it.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:55:31 AM

Muslims shielding Jews from Nazi's...wth?

Gershman's story begins during the Holocaust and involves Albanian Muslims — villagers, peasants and farmers — who risked their lives and the lives of their families to shelter Jews fleeing Nazi Germany.

Italy invaded Albania in 1939 and occupied the country until the overthrow of Benito Mussolini in 1943. Germany then took over the Albanian occupation. Before the war, Gershman estimates from his research, only about 200 Jews lived in Albania, a country that is about 70 percent Muslim. During the years of occupation, 10 times as many Jews streamed into Albania to escape persecution from Poland, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Greece and Italy.

Gershman says it was the only country in Europe where the Jewish population grew by the end of the war. Most of the Jews who were hidden either fled to Israel or back to their native countries after the war. Albania's postwar communist regime made it impossible for the Jews who had been hidden to stay in touch with their Muslim shelterers back in Albania.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 9:33:04 PM

gimmesumpussy wrote:
I am completely 100% AGAINST a mosque being built at ground zero.

Well, good thing they're not building a mosque at groud zero, then. I think most everyone knows this, but its easier to try to maintain the falsehood of bigotry and keep people angry about it if we keep pretending it's at "ground zero" and keep pretending that it's a mosque.

Quote:
The 10% of Muslims that are completely ape sjit (shit?) are trying to make a point that they came they saw and they kicked us in the balls

I think you're estimate is just a tad high there, but I know that this kind of bigotry is all over the place. You're just repeating what you've heard others say. Look at this chart:

Not exactly 10 percent LOL, even if you triple it and assume that plenty of non-al qaeda actually would try to harm us. Check the note at the bottom, they had to magnify to even have it show up. Surprise, surprise, most Christians and most Muslims are reasonable, god-fearing worshippers.

Of course we, the Americans, are not supposed to realize this. Not about the Muslims, at least.

Because if we don't act like Muslims are a problem and worthy of fear, then we can't continue these endless wars, assassinating, imprisoning, torturing, and drone-bombing at will, and we can't shove wierd laws down our own citizens throats out of that same fear. If we think reasonably, then we'll realize that we're very responsible for the hatred others feel for us at times.

Bottom line here: "We" are a country with the big-ass military, that invaded and has occupied two Muslim countries for almost a full decade, and is making noise about attacking a third, that imposes sanctions that have killed hundreds of thousands of Muslim children, that slaughters innocent people on a virtually daily basis, that tortures its enemies, lowering "us" to their level in the process, and then have the stupidity and arrogance to say that they don't like us because of our "freedom". Nothing makes me laugh harder than our own stupidity sometimes.

Yep, the Muslim faith's the problem. Let's bomb them some more, surely that will improve understanding between our two cultures.

Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 8:44:40 AM

Quote:
Bottom line here: "We" are a country with the big-ass military, that invaded and has occupied two Muslim countries for almost a full decade, and is making noise about attacking a third, that imposes sanctions that have killed hundreds of thousands of Muslim children, that slaughters innocent people on a virtually daily basis, that tortures its enemies, lowering "us" to their level in the process, and then have the stupidity and arrogance to say that they don't like us because of our "freedom". Nothing makes me laugh harder than our own stupidity sometimes.

Sometimes when I think about the wars we have been fighting I wonder if we are just creating future more extreme versions of the current insurgents we are fighting. Knowing the way I am if when I was a child I saw, for example, Canada fight us over a terrorist act Mexico did and occupying us for years and witnessing atrocities that can be directly linked to the fact that we are at war with Canada, I might grow up with some hateful feeling toward Canadians and might even blame them for some of the problems in my country.

LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:05:18 AM

Magical_felix wrote:

Sometimes when I think about the wars we have been fighting I wonder if we are just creating future more extreme versions of the current insurgents we are fighting. Knowing the way I am if when I was a child I saw, for example, Canada fight us over a terrorist act Mexico did and occupying us for years and witnessing atrocities that can be directly linked to the fact that we are at war with Canada, I might grow up with some hateful feeling toward Canadians and might even blame them for some of the problems in my country.

Bingo, Jack! I'd be the exact same way.

My dad was worthless in lots of ways, but one thing he always did when talking to me left an impression. He called it the "say it out loud" test. You say something out loud, and if it sounds absurd, it probably is. Let's do it for this example. Say the following out loud:

"A group of Islamic extremists who are Saudi Arabian citizens attack our country in a coordinated terrorist attack. In response, we attack not Saudi Arabia, but Afghanistan. Then, still angry about those same attacks, we attack yet another country unrelated to those attacks."

Doesn't make much sense when you say it out loud, does it? No wonder they hate us.
Rembacher
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:31:04 AM

I wish I could find the exact quote, but I remember Bill Maher asking about that very thing. His comment was something to the effect of: "the attackers came from Saudi Arabia, but we bombed Afghanistan. Did we miss?"

WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:37:06 AM

They hate us, because of our freedoms, Xuani. Didn't you get the memo?

Yanno, those same freedoms which our own government is trying to suppress with things like the Patriot Act and the creation of the Dept of Homeland Insecurity.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:04:21 PM

Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:29:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbzdfQeiFc

Embedding was not available, you'll have to tough it out.

Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:29:43 AM

THAT IS THR DUMBEST THING IVE EVER HEARD OF. THEY WANT TO KILL US ALL AND SOMEONE WANTS TO GIVE THEM THAT!!!! BULL! GO BACK TO UR COUNTRY AND PRY THERE
Rembacher
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:22:10 PM

gabby212 wrote:
THAT IS THR DUMBEST THING IVE EVER HEARD OF. THEY WANT TO KILL US ALL AND SOMEONE WANTS TO GIVE THEM THAT!!!! BULL! GO BACK TO UR COUNTRY AND PRY THERE

If you are just going to spout off uninformed, racist, sensationalized statements, at least take the time to type them out properly. Or better yet, stop wasting our time and keep them to yourself.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:24:30 PM

I thought it would be good for all the New Yorkers who, like the NPR guy who got fired, are fearful of muslims in their muslim garb to reacquaint themselves of what they can expect to see of the attendees at the new Park 51 community center. It will really turn the 'hallowed ground' upside down to see Muslims dressed like this down there:

What's next, people in t-shirts? Oh, the Islamification of America, it's truly scary! Have a look.
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:26:27 PM

You know, something I've been thinking about. Even if they go ahead and build this "community center" after it all quiets down, I wouldn't be surprised if it got vandalized or worse yet, if people got hurt or killed that patronize the place. I don't think it matters to them that it's not just a mosque or that it's for everyone or even that they have a constitutional right to be there. A lot of those people in NYC find it in poor taste and insensitive to put it there. Emotions run high in people and can't always be reasoned with or out thought.
Rembacher
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:28:33 PM

chefkathleen wrote:
You know, something I've been thinking about. Even if they go ahead and build this "community center" after it all quiets down, I wouldn't be surprised if it got vandalized or worse yet, if people got hurt or killed that patronize the place. I don't think it matters to them that it's not just a mosque or that it's for everyone or even that they have a constitutional right to be there. A lot of those people in NYC find it in poor taste and insensitive to put it there. Emotions run high in people and can't always be reasoned with or out thought.

It's nice to see your muzzle has been lifted and you are mixing it up again CK. If you check back through this thread you will see the idea has been discussed way back on July 20th.

Dancing_Doll wrote:
I would think the cultural centre/mosque would help to bridge the gaps in a more positive way, moving forward... Having said that, I don't know that I would want to hang out there if I was a Muslim, because I'll bet it will be a hotbed for attacks by people who don't understand the complexities of 911.

The idea has merit, although I think that is more a sad statement of American hostilities than a reflection of the followers of Islam. I really don't feel like it is a valid reason for not building. That's like saying Martin Luther King Jr shouldn't have fought for equal rights because racist americans weren't going to act rationally. Maybe that would make a lot of people happy, but it does nothing to help America as a whole. And now because of him, African Americans have some semblance of equality in the US.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:16:10 PM

chefkathleen wrote:

I agree, and am already sad and angry for when the dumb-ass bigots come out and do their dumb-ass bigot thing- whether it be just graffiti or full-out hate crime. Of course it's not a good reason for it not to be there, but like you mention, it's probably inevitible that the worst parts of our society will rear their head when everyone's forced to accept that Park51 is there and operating.

How ironic is that, that peaceful people might be attacked by radicals who are upset that peaceful people were attacked by radicals on 9/11.

Crazy world.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 6:00:15 AM

LadyX wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:

I agree, and am already sad and angry for when the dumb-ass bigots come out and do their dumb-ass bigot thing- whether it be just graffiti or full-out hate crime. Of course it's not a good reason for it not to be there, but like you mention, it's probably inevitible that the worst parts of our society will rear their head when everyone's forced to accept that Park51 is there and operating.

How ironic is that, that peaceful people might be attacked by radicals who are upset that peaceful people were attacked by radicals on 9/11.

Crazy world.

I'm still of a mixed mind. The proposed community center might just end up benefitting New York and her citizens to no end. And of course the people have the right to build whatever they want to build, subject to local building codes and ordinances.

But there's always this little voice in the back of my head going, "You don't go into the lion's den wearing steak underwear..."
LadyX
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 8:00:29 AM

If I understand you, the Lions Den is the "hallowed ground" (which suddenly doubled in size the minute this project got announced) and the steak underwear are the people who might have to face down idiots for attending/visiting Park51?

That's true. There have been lots of 'steak underwear' scenarios in this country over the years, and over time, the animals learned to not eat the steak- first by law, then by the pressure of mainstream society.

It's good that they are doing this, and not giving in to the evil that's making so much hateful noise against them. It's not easy at first, just like it wasn't easy to be the first African-Americans in integrated schools, but over time it will be normalized. Nobody owns 9/11 or righteousness, no matter how many lies or burning-tower posters they cart around.

Maybe someday not too distant, the people who say bigoted things about Muslims will get the same looks from everyone that a white supremacist gets when he talks about African-Americans today.
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 10:16:06 AM

Jebru wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:

It's nice to see your muzzle has been lifted and you are mixing it up again CK. If you check back through this thread you will see the idea has been discussed way back on July 20th.

How kind of you to say jeb but, I haven't been muzzled. I just like watching this experiment and seeing how it grows or doesn't grow. Meaning the threads in the "think" tank.
I see that a lot of this subject has been rehashed from earlier but, thanks for pointing it out from the 20th.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 11:24:43 AM

LadyX wrote:
If I understand you, the Lions Den is the "hallowed ground" (which suddenly doubled in size the minute this project got announced) and the steak underwear are the people who might have to face down idiots for attending/visiting Park51?

That's true. There have been lots of 'steak underwear' scenarios in this country over the years, and over time, the animals learned to not eat the steak- first by law, then by the pressure of mainstream society.

It's good that they are doing this, and not giving in to the evil that's making so much hateful noise against them. It's not easy at first, just like it wasn't easy to be the first African-Americans in integrated schools, but over time it will be normalized. Nobody owns 9/11 or righteousness, no matter how many lies or burning-tower posters they cart around.

Maybe someday not too distant, the people who say bigoted things about Muslims will get the same looks from everyone that a white supremacist gets when he talks about African-Americans today.

Yes, in my example the "lion's den" does equate to the building site (OMG!!! Ground Zero!!!), but I suppose the "steak underwear" in this case would equate to so openly flaunting their Muslim religion at a time when most Americans have a low opinion of them and their brethren. I agree that they have every right to do this, but whether it's a good thing or not is not something I'll lay claim to just yet. If I were to get completely shitfaced, and walk around certain neighborhoods wearing diamond jewelry and a Rolex, you would probably find me unconscious in a gutter the next morning, stripped down to my tighty-whities, and sporting a lump on my head the size of an egg. The fact that I tempted the animals by openly displaying wealth and making myself vulnerable doesn't make it right to mug me, but I can pretty much guarantee that's what would happen. In the same way, the builders of this Center are courting trouble by building it under such sensitive circumstances.

It definitely is a good thing that they're not giving in to the mouth breathers who would push them around. There comes a time when you simply have to stand up for your rights, and for them, this is one of those times. It may very well be that the Center will promote nothing but good works and rainbow-colored ponies; I just don't know. ONe thing I do know is that no matter what their intentions are, they'll have to have superior inner strength and lots of patience before our culture comes around to equating Muslim-bashers with white supremacists. I have no fear that such a day will come - I just think there will be blood shed before it arrives.
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 12:27:41 PM

Quote:
The fact that I tempted the animals by openly displaying wealth and making myself vulnerable doesn't make it right to mug me, but I can pretty much guarantee that's what would happen. In the same way, the builders of this Center are courting trouble by building it under such sensitive circumstances.

I have no fear that such a day will come - I just think there will be blood shed before it arrives.

I think you hit the nail on the head with this MNP. What a shame it is too.
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 1:03:56 PM

The shame is that they would spit on the honor of our heroes and go through with this thing! We cannot stop the protests they have to know that it is not acceptable to put their mosque in the shadow of that national tragedy.

This country has so many problems but we have to all do our part to keep it the greatest on the planet. Evil forces oppose us on this every day.