Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Do you consider Psychiatry and psychology relevant? Options · View
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:33:53 PM

Psychology and psychiatry barely qualify as a science at all. They are in their infancy. There is no true understanding of the human psyche and human personality. What they have is a large amount of data, based on lots of research. They have figured that psychological symptoms tend to cluster together in patterns which they refer to as disorders. Manic Depressive Personality Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder etc.

Certain drugs mask the symptoms for some of these disorders. Tranqualizers for anxiety disorders, antidepressants for depressive disorders and so on. There is no real understanding why these drugs work and the only theory is these drugs are correcting a chemical inbalance in the brain. Amazing that after millions of years of evolution, 50% of humans have chemical inbalances.

Therapy is not totally useless. If you want a paid friend to listen to you talk about your problems, go see a therapist. If you make stupid decisions in your life and need the assistance of someone with more common sense than yourself,a therapist can help.
" Well Sally, since your husband beats you all the time and you don't want to be beaten all the time, have you considered leaving him"?

If you're tired of alcohol, marijuana, cocaine and other such drugs and want some really cool prescription drugs. Go see a psychiatrist. Maybe Xanax or valium or paxil can help.
SweetPenny
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:44:32 PM

I think there is a difference between psychiatry and psychology.

I have known people who were temporarily depressed and/or suicidal and they were helped with medication. So, there is a need for psychiatry; even if it is not a perfect science.

I have a bit less respect for psychology. I've always felt that the answers lie within oneself. People will change when they want to change.
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:00:13 PM

Even if it's not as proven as some of the other medical fields, I still think it helps people even if some think it's just quackery. Kind of like a placebo, if it helps the patient get over what they have (or think they have) who cares if it's bullshit.

I, for the record, do think it's a science and respect it very much.

Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:02:36 PM

tandie wrote:
Psychology and psychiatry barely qualify as a science at all. They are in their infancy. There is no true understanding of the human psyche and human personality. What they have is a large amount of data, based on lots of research. They have figured that psychological symptoms tend to cluster together in patterns which they refer to as disorders. Manic Depressive Personality Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder etc.

Certain drugs mask the symptoms for some of these disorders. Tranqualizers for anxiety disorders, antidepressants for depressive disorders and so on. There is no real understanding why these drugs work and the only theory is these drugs are correcting a chemical inbalance in the brain. Amazing that after millions of years of evolution, 50% of humans have chemical inbalances.

Therapy is not totally useless. If you want a paid friend to listen to you talk about your problems, go see a therapist. If you make stupid decisions in your life and need the assistance of someone with more common sense than yourself,a therapist can help.
" Well Sally, since your husband beats you all the time and you don't want to be beaten all the time, have you considered leaving him"?

If you're tired of alcohol, marijuana, cocaine and other such drugs and want some really cool prescription drugs. Go see a psychiatrist. Maybe Xanax or valium or paxil can help.

im in therapy at the moment, and i think its not very helpful. but then there are differnt types of mental illness. im not sure of the names but one is only treatable by the chemical rebalance, the other is purely treatable by therapy but is commonly resolved by the use of drugs.
i think people should all have to take therapy before being given a course of drugs. too many people get addicted to them and that kinda stuff, so they should try an alternatvie first.

do you agree?

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 7:01:17 AM

SweetPenny wrote:

I have known people who were temporarily depressed and/or suicidal and they were helped with medication. So, there is a need for psychiatry; even if it is not a perfect science.

I have a bit less respect for psychology. I've always felt that the answers lie within oneself. People will change when they want to change.

I feel just the reverse. I think that most people that have problems coping with life just need an independent person to unburden themselves to. The phrase "paid friend" is actually a pretty good description. The need someone not directly involved in their life who has no axe to grind who can be an impartial advisor and help them think their way through their problems. Most people either don't want to think about the hard problems, or don't want to accept the answers that are staring them in the face. Many people get so wrapped up in the problems themselves that they can't think logically about them and come to their own conclusions. A "paid friend" can help them see through the confusion they're causing for themselves and answer their own questions, whether they like the answers or not.

I think many people that see psychiatrists shouldn't be. A psychiatrist's first answer to most of their patients problems is some form of medication, and studies have shown that most medications do no good, or even do more harm than good. While there are some people that do get help from medications, I think most people that are on them don't need them.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 8:24:23 AM

Is Free-Thinking, a mental illness? "Here, take one of these every 12 hours!"

Is nonconformity and freethinking a mental illness? According to the newest addition of
the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), it certainly is.

The manual identifies a new mental illness called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD.
Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms
include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

The DSM-IV is the manual used by psychiatrists to diagnose mental illnesses and, with
each new edition, there are scores of new mental illnesses. Are we becoming sicker?
Is it getting harder to be mentally healthy? Authors of the DSM-IV say that it’s because
they’re better able to identify these illnesses today. Critics charge that it’s because they
have too much time on their hands.

New mental illnesses identified by the DSM-IV include arrogance, narcissism, above-average
creativity, cynicism, and antisocial behavior. In the past, these were called “personality traits,”
but now they’re diseases.

And there are treatments available.

All of this is a symptom of our over-diagnosing and overmedicating culture. In the last 50 years,
the DSM-IV has gone from 130 to 357 mental illnesses. A majority of these illnesses afflict children.
Although the manual is an important diagnostic tool for the psychiatric industry, it has also been
responsible for social changes. The rise in ADD, bipolar disorder, and depression in children has
been largely because of the manual’s identifying certain behaviors as symptoms. A Washington Post
article observed that, if Mozart were born today, he would be diagnosed with ADD and “medicated into barren normality.”

According to the DSM-IV, the diagnosis guidelines for identifying oppositional defiant disorder are for children,
but adults can just as easily suffer from the disease. This should give any freethinking American reason for worry.

The Soviet Union used new “mental illnesses” for political repression. People who didn’t accept the beliefs
of the Communist Party developed a new type of schizophrenia. They suffered from the delusion of
believing communism was wrong. They were isolated, forcefully medicated, and put through repressive “therapy” to bring them back to sanity.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
SweetPenny
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 8:44:05 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:
SweetPenny wrote:

I feel just the reverse. I think that most people that have problems coping with life just need an independent person to unburden themselves to. The phrase "paid friend" is actually a pretty good description. The need someone not directly involved in their life who has no axe to grind who can be an impartial advisor and help them think their way through their problems. Most people either don't want to think about the hard problems, or don't want to accept the answers that are staring them in the face. Many people get so wrapped up in the problems themselves that they can't think logically about them and come to their own conclusions. A "paid friend" can help them see through the confusion they're causing for themselves and answer their own questions, whether they like the answers or not.

I think many people that see psychiatrists shouldn't be. A psychiatrist's first answer to most of their patients problems is some form of medication, and studies have shown that most medications do no good, or even do more harm than good. While there are some people that do get help from medications, I think most people that are on them don't need them.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I also still hold my point of view.

I agree that drugs are being given to people too quickly and without much thought. On the other hand, there are definitely people who need to be medicated. I know a few people who are severely bipolar and I can always tell when they are "off their meds." But, I also know some people who are only mildly depressed and they can function in society fine...without the help of medication.

As for psychology, unfortunately, I have quite a few horror stories, and no "happy ending" stories to balance them out.

One friend of mine went with her hub to a marriage counselor. Her hub ended up sleeping with their counselor. While this might make a hot Lush story, in reality, it is heartbreaking.

A different friend of mine was raped by her father when she was a child. She's depressed, unemployed and constantly dwells on what was done to her. She's been going to a specialized counselor for this for 15 years now. Her therapist has always told her that she's not responsible for any of the bad in her life. I actually told her to stop going to this counselor, get out of bed, get a job, start dating, etc. I said, "What was done to you when you were a child was your father's fault. But now YOU have control. Stop letting him control your life." These words may seem harsh, but it worked. She got a job. She smiles more. And we're working on the rest.

Basically, I think a good friend can be more qualified to help someone than a paid therapist. After all, isn't it in the psychologist's best interest financially, to keep you coming back again and again?
LadyX
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 8:52:07 AM

SweetPenny wrote:
isn't it in the psychologist's best interest financially, to keep you coming back again and again?

Genius! Seems obvious to me, yes. If they declare you cured in 3 visits, they're just giving away the money you would've spent 'working through all the complexities'.

We all have issues, we all deal with them our own way. I have no doubt that a professional counselor can help, but I'm not sure its usually in their best interest to really do so.

SweetPenny
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 9:01:57 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
In the past, these were called “personality traits,” but now they’re diseases.

I completely agree with this.
sprite
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 9:29:28 AM

LadyX wrote:
SweetPenny wrote:
isn't it in the psychologist's best interest financially, to keep you coming back again and again?

We all have issues, we all deal with them our own way. I have no doubt that a professional counselor can help, but I'm not sure its usually in their best interest to really do so.

ah, yes. thing is, after dealing with things in our own way for long enough to discover that we can't, sometimes it's not a bad idea to turn to someone to help you get to a place where you can deal with you own baggage. i have been seeing someone for a while now, months, not years, and went in expressing my refusal to solve my issues with prescription drugs of any kind. it's helpful. it's hard, too, but i think it's healhty. i don't plan on becoming dependent upon him, but certainly, i am benefitting from it. i think that it's something useful if you find a good match.

Live, love, laugh.
Butterfly
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:06:01 AM

SweetPenny wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
In the past, these were called “personality traits,” but now they’re diseases.

I completely agree with this.

I had just read through that a little while ago and was thinking the same when I came to that part...for crying out loud, they're calling those kinds of characteristics and types of personalities diseases now?? Ridiculous!!

Geez, can a person have a wide range of different ways of socially interacting with others without being ridiculed or being deemed 'a social misfit'?? lol I am usually a really laid back and for the most part, nice person. I do however have my moments, with good friends that know me very well and with my husband, where I tend to let the more raw, somewhat crude, flippant and sarcastic side of myself out...joking away and having a good ole time, ya know?? As a lot of us do, I'm sure.

I also agree with Penny, LadyX and Sprite on the med factor and the fact that a percentage of docs tend to want to keep you coming around. I've seen this as well with a couple of friends over the years. Blows my mind, because they seem quite stable to me (of course, I'm no doctor in those fields of study). A couple are on anti-depressants and another is on no meds but just keeps going back. To each their own, it may just be that they would rather pour all of their inner emotional stuff out and get all those 'skeletons in the closet' out in the open with a person that's not connected to their actual everyday personal life.

I feel the same as far as the point being made that it's completely within ones own self to rise above all the bad that has happened to them when they were young or older or whenever things may have happened, and come out of things a stronger, wiser, and kinder human being.

That basically goes along with the situation of: If a person were abused (in whatever capacity) as a child or young person and got over it in their own time and in their own way without any traditional therapy, but instead, finally opening up and discussing the issues with the parties involved (if possible) for closure or being able to talk with someone who cares enough to listen and be there for them so they can get everything off their heart and mind and get over it and move on to live a healthier and happier life. There doesn't have to be a repeat of those abuses in a person's adult life, you are your own person and you can and will be strong enough to get through things in your own time and own way and come out on top.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:08:26 AM

SweetPenny wrote:

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But I also still hold my point of view.

I agree that drugs are being given to people too quickly and without much thought. On the other hand, there are definitely people who need to be medicated. I know a few people who are severely bipolar and I can always tell when they are "off their meds." But, I also know some people who are only mildly depressed and they can function in society fine...without the help of medication.

As for psychology, unfortunately, I have quite a few horror stories, and no "happy ending" stories to balance them out.

One friend of mine went with her hub to a marriage counselor. Her hub ended up sleeping with their counselor. While this might make a hot Lush story, in reality, it is heartbreaking.

A different friend of mine was raped by her father when she was a child. She's depressed, unemployed and constantly dwells on what was done to her. She's been going to a specialized counselor for this for 15 years now. Her therapist has always told her that she's not responsible for any of the bad in her life. I actually told her to stop going to this counselor, get out of bed, get a job, start dating, etc. I said, "What was done to you when you were a child was your father's fault. But now YOU have control. Stop letting him control your life." These words may seem harsh, but it worked. She got a job. She smiles more. And we're working on the rest.

Basically, I think a good friend can be more qualified to help someone than a paid therapist. After all, isn't it in the psychologist's best interest financially, to keep you coming back again and again?

I think there's a lot of validity to what you're saying as well. The thing is - psychologists are people, too. Some are great at what they do, and some are just in it for the paycheck. (I know lots of medical doctors that fit both categories as well.) Going to a shrink isn't like taking your car to the mechanic. There has to be a good fit between you and him or her. You have to build a rapport. I've had a little experience with psychologists - not much, but enough to know that a good psychologist actually wants what's in the best interest of their patient, not their pocketbook. And, if you think about it, a really good psychologist will always have more business than they can handle, just because they ARE good at their job. Word of mouth is the best advertising you can have.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:11:58 AM

We all have baggage, how we store it in our closets is what makes us comfortable in our own skin. - What my shrink told me in 1996.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
myself
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:14:38 AM

tandie wrote:

I totally agree with this : )

Drug and mental therapy does work as another distraction from the inevitable reality and facing of responsibility. It is another place to run.

Learning that the withdraw symptoms were way worse than the original symptoms, and considering the fact that many are in withdrawals between affording the med which is taking away sex drive and others important pieces of a person, I'd have to say no to that one.

Children are creatures of their upbringing. All people are born with this "personality/illness" and need direction as children. We are so fucked up ourselves that we are either afraid or to lazy to raise our children. I'm not so sure that Mozart wasn't nurtured and directed by someone and so became all that he could.

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 11:08:05 AM

The Insanity Virus? - article in Discover Mag online.

Schizophrenia has long been blamed on bad genes or even bad parents.
Wrong, says a growing group of psychiatrists.
The real culprit, they claim, is a virus that lives entwined in every person's DNA.

myself
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 2:28:57 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
The Insanity Virus? - article in Discover Mag online.

Schizophrenia has long been blamed on bad genes or even bad parents.
Wrong, says a growing group of psychiatrists.
The real culprit, they claim, is a virus that lives entwined in every person's DNA.

Are you saying we have a virus in our backbone?

older-wiser13
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 7:28:26 PM

I have struggled with mental illness all my life.

I am upright and mobile, able to hold a meaningful, satisfying job because of the daily medications I take and the therapy I undergo.
Please don't make naive assumptions about backbone, the struggles medical research contends with, and the motivations of gifted, effective therapists.

If you haven't been immobilized by severe depression and anxiety, been psychotic, paranoid, bi-polar, etc., please at least have a kindly sympathy for the millions who struggle daily with these debilitating conditions.

No, medical science does not have all the answers tied up with a neat little bow, and progress comes in fits and starts, but there has been amazing progress in the treatment of these conditions. (neither can medical science give unerring explanations for many of the conditions our society routinely accepts as illness)

I once asked a psychiatrist that I was seeing for treatment, what would have happened to someone like me 150 years ago?
He answered, not glibly, that I likely would have been chained to a wall in the family cellar or in a sanitarium.

I prefer the medication and therapy that allow me to have a life.
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 2:35:37 AM

I think I prefer the idea that people with (non-violent) psychiatric problems are free to live a (more) normal life that they would have been allowed in previous years, as opposed to being oppressed and having their basic human rights violated by treatments that are more akin to torture than therapy.

Having said that, I don’t think mental illness should be an excuse for having a spoiled brat as a child or having a few choice deficiencies in your personality. Dosing a high-spirited child with Ritalin is not going to solve anything, and neither is chemically castrating a rapist. The base urge is still there and so is the thought process, all they’re doing is slowing the means. Yet again, sometimes it works, pretty much cementing the argument that all of this mind twiddling isn’t an exact science.

On a historical side note, Mozart had dozens of tutors throughout his early life. Did you know that one of his tutors would wake him up in the wee hours at any random point, sit him down in front of a piano, and get him to play and compose? It was apparently all about tuning the thought process and instituting musical instincts.
How do I know this? I had a particularly driven music teacher at school that tried it out on me at music camp one year. For the record all she got was a pair of shoes thrown at her head.
If Mozart were alive today more likely some of the issues he would have undoubtedly had with his father would have been resolved in some sort of half arsed intervention of pop psychology proportions.

To me psychology and psychiatry can be explained with the assistance of my over enthusiastic music teacher. She could sit down and talk to a shrink about her inability to accept failure or she could be diagnosed with a stress disorder by a psychologist and be put on medication. Or she could just be a pushy pain in the ass.

I, on the other hand, could piss and moan to a psychiatrist for years about how my interrupted sleep has damaged my trust of educators and then go to a psychologist and get some serious meds for my anger issues. Or I could just be a grumpy teenager woken up at 1 AM.

Perspective plays a big part, as does the personality of the patient and the type of mental disease, and whilst my example might not be serious, a lot of the time it is and people who need help shouldn’t be ashamed or shamed for asking for it.

XX
BB
myself
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:42:39 AM

older-wiser13 wrote:

I am upright and mobile, able to hold a meaningful, satisfying job because of the daily medications I take and the therapy I undergo.
Please don't make naive assumptions about backbone, the struggles medical research contends with, and the motivations of gifted, effective therapists.

If you haven't been immobilized by severe depression and anxiety, been psychotic, paranoid, bi-polar, etc., please at least have a kindly sympathy for the millions who struggle daily with these debilitating conditions.

No, medical science does not have all the answers tied up with a neat little bow, and progress comes in fits and starts, but there has been amazing progress in the treatment of these conditions. (neither can medical science give unerring explanations for many of the conditions our society routinely accepts as illness)

I once asked a psychiatrist that I was seeing for treatment, what would have happened to someone like me 150 years ago?
He answered, not glibly, that I likely would have been chained to a wall in the family cellar or in a sanitarium.

I'm sorry Older-Wiser. I so didn't want to hurt you or anyone.

Through my twenties and thirties three general doctors tried to give me antidepressants. In the 80's, one of those doctors sent the nurse out of the room and immediately reached into my blouse and fondled my tits through his diagnoses. At the time, the thing turned me on (as I remember clearly) and wasn't a big deal. I guess he thought I would be a safe piece of ass because I had just told him that I was addicted to sex which was ruining my life. Really think he would of used me further if his nurse hadn't been around.

I resisted the medicine because I figured it was the drugs and alcohol I was hooked on that had me so messed up. Years into it, I quit the alcohol and most of the drugs and still had overwhelming fear of being left alone and continued to seek constant company.

In the 90's, I went to a doctor looking to get me some meds to fix my head. He gave me a sample and scrip. I took the first dose on the way home and then spent the day researching the med he had given me. Learning that the withdraw symptoms were way worse than the original symptoms, and considering the fact that I would be in withdrawals between affording the very expensive med which could take away sex drive and others important pieces of myself, I threw the stuff away and HONESTLY, I STRAIGHTENED MYSELF OUT.
It was time to grow up. I had no other choice.

Of course I'm still whacked but am okay with it.

Now they want to put my five yr old adopted grandson on meds. It breaks my heart because I think he just needs dedicated constant direction to help him through the learned behavior of his early years.

I'm afraid.

baldie
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:51:06 AM

older-wiser13 wrote:

I was going through some of the same things that you were, if it wasn't for my meds, i wouldn't be able to function at all

Don't be afraid to be who you are!
204-oral 675-lick
baldie
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 10:55:18 AM

myself wrote:
older-wiser13 wrote:

Through my twenties and thirties three general doctors tried to give me antidepressants. In the 80's, one of those doctors sent the nurse out of the room and immediately reached into my blouse and fondled my tits through his diagnoses. At the time, the thing turned me on (as I remember clearly) and wasn't a big deal. I guess he thought I would be a safe piece of ass because I had just told him that I was addicted to sex which was ruining my life. Really think he would of used me further if his nurse hadn't been around.

I resisted the medicine because I figured it was the drugs and alcohol I was hooked on that had me so messed up. Years into it, I quit the alcohol and most of the drugs and still had overwhelming fear of being left alone and continued to seek constant company.

In the 90's, I went to a doctor looking to get me some meds to fix my head. He gave me a sample and scrip. I took the first dose on the way home and then spent the day researching the med he had given me. Learning that the withdraw symptoms were way worse than the original symptoms, and considering the fact that I would be in withdrawals between affording the very expensive med which could take away sex drive and others important pieces of myself, I threw the stuff away and HONESTLY, I STRAIGHTENED MYSELF OUT.

Now they want to put my five yr old adopted grandson on meds. It breaks my heart because I think he just needs dedicated constant direction to help him through the learned behavior of his early years.

I'm afraid.

I thought the same way that you did and for some it does, I spent years trying to straighten my self out and it did not work. but to each his own

Don't be afraid to be who you are!
204-oral 675-lick
older-wiser13
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 11:04:58 AM

baldie wrote:
myself wrote:
older-wiser13 wrote:

I'm afraid.

I thought the same way that you did and for some it does, I spent years trying to straighten my self out and it did not work. but to each his own

Oh, I agree totally. It is one of the frustrating things about it all, that you can't just get a prescription like an antibiotic and it goes away in 3 or 4 days! Different things work for different people. WHATEVER WORKS BEST FOR YOU!!!

Rontre
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:13:11 AM

If anyone has ever been under the care of a Psychiatrist or Psychologists for any length of time will soon learn that they are so easy to bullshit that they will write practically any prescription they ask for. Psychiatrists that is. Psychologists can't write prescriptions. It's so easy to psyche the psyche. There is no doubt that many people are helped by these professionals & some medications are a must. Bipolar disorders & certain other mental illnesses can only be addressed with medications. I took 30 mg. of Diazepam (generic for Valium) for 6 years & went into convulsions from withdrawal & damn near died if not for getting to the emergency room in time . Took anti-depressants for about as long as well as anti psychotic meds. Of course one of the side effects of anti-depressants is that they could make you more depressed. As far as the anti psychotic drugs go I haven't thought of killing anybody since I quit taking all those meds. over two years ago. Just kidding about the killing part. The point I'm trying to make is that we, as a society, are way too much overly medicated. There is a pill for everything. Seems as if most younger children are receiving medications because of their "diagnosed" ADD/ADHD. The kid is a bit rambunctious so Mom or Dad can't stand any more so they take their child to M.D.s & then sent to a Psychiatrist because they are the only ones that can make that evaluation. So many children, 5-6 years & up are starting out in their lives with a diagnosis of a mental disorder. I know there are some that truly need the medications to get by & my son was one of them. Luckily, most children will eventually outgrow their condition. So now we know why Ritalin & Adderall remain the drug of choice among middle school students. Pure Amphetamines or better known as speed. Then we wonder why we have such a drug problem here in the U.S.A. We consume more drugs per capita than any other country in the world.
SadBi-Virgin
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 10:03:20 PM

Since it is my chosen major yes I believe Psychology to be relevant, it does have a long long way to go before it is a true science but it is off to a good start and it has come a long way since Freud.
cokeheadbarbie
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2011 7:19:55 PM

Psychology is total rubbish. Its all hand holding for people that don't have real friendz. Normally you have problems and you call your friendz round for drinks to hash it all out but if you are a loner than you end up calling a shrink to listen to you talk. Thats money into the gutter as far as I'm concerned. I just feel sorry for the people that majored in psych in Uni and threw away their degree because its pretty useless in the real world. I think psychiatry is decent though because at least they can prescribe drugs so there is value in that and some people are genuinely crazy and need that kind of real treatment. I cant imagine dating anyone who had any 'disease of the mind' tho. OR someone that went to a pschycologist because they had no friendz. Giggles.

xx B.