Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Real, actual history lessons would be a good start. Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 1:54:07 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,781
Location: Cakeland, United States
41 Facts About The History Of Central Banks In The United States That Our Children Are No Longer Taught In School

Today, most American students don’t even understand what a central bank is, (nor do the
fcking adults * wmm)
much less that the battle over central banks is one of the most important themes
in U.S. history. The truth is that our nation was birthed in the midst of a conflict over taxation and the
control of our money. Central banking has played a key role in nearly all of the wars that America has
fought. Presidents that resisted the central bankers were shot, while others shamefully caved in to
their demands.

Our current central bank is called the Federal Reserve and it is about as “federal” as Federal Express
is.
The truth is that it is a privately-owned financial institution that is designed to ensnare the U.S.
government in an endlessly expanding spiral of debt from which there is no escape.

The Federal Reserve caused the Great Depression and the Federal Reserve is at the core of our
current economic crisis. None of these things is taught to students in America’s schools today.

In 2010, young Americans are taught a sanitized version of American history that doesn’t even make
any sense. As with so many things, if you want to know what really happened just follow the money.




Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:37:37 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,781
Location: Cakeland, United States
So...knowing real history means nothing at all.

You can just jump on the 'net and check out a few websites and you're current?

I think I see what's going on now. Thanks for the illumination.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 7:29:19 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
WellMadeMale wrote:
So...knowing real history means nothing at all.

You can just jump on the 'net and check out a few websites and you're current?

I think I see what's going on now. Thanks for the illumination.


Sure thing! Isn't that where you got the background info for the original question? On the net?

She
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:07:24 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,628
Oh no guys, what are you talking about, History is very important and to have some knowledge is more than appreciated when you are having any kind of conversation. Yes it is easy when you are discussing it here in Think Tank so you can google it, copy-paste, make some quotes and search for statistic but you don't have that oportunity to do it when you are having one adoult discussion over the glass of wine/beer to back up your theroy with.

History is everything, it is around us, it is our legacy and if we learn from it, it can tell us where we are comming from and where we are going to.

And yes I know that history is changing because they do learn every day something new with new technological equipment and yes I know that the winners are the one who are writing history but that does not mean that we shouldn't have knowledge. It is like if I would be complitely empty piece of paper and every time when I was about to have conversation I would google down my stories, my funny and frustrate situations, my knowledge about everything...

I am not saying that we need to learn all the time and only about history but to have decent base and to upgrade it by your interests is more than welcome, don't you think?
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:12:22 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
WellMadeMale wrote:
So...knowing real history means nothing at all.

You can just jump on the 'net and check out a few websites and you're current?

I think I see what's going on now. Thanks for the illumination.


Damon must be working 2 jobs or something. evil4 He would never pass these last few answers up. d'oh!
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 10:45:23 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
Haha politics. Liberals and all their ideas about trying to put off the blame for this countries problems. The truth is that the media and the government are all controlled by liberals that want to ruin this great country. They tell lies and they brainwash. Well I won't be brainwashed and neither will millions of others. Thats why we stood up for this election. Our history and our christian heritage has to be defended whether you like it or not.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:06:04 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,226
Location: United States
WellMadeMale wrote:
So...knowing real history means nothing at all.

You can just jump on the 'net and check out a few websites and you're current?

I think I see what's going on now. Thanks for the illumination.



History is whatever the winning party says it is.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:53:20 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,903
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
chefkathleen wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
So...knowing real history means nothing at all.

You can just jump on the 'net and check out a few websites and you're current?

I think I see what's going on now. Thanks for the illumination.


Damon must be working 2 jobs or something. evil4 He would never pass these last few answers up. d'oh!


6

Personally, I get all my history and current events from the Lush forum...


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

LadyX
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:14:45 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,804
I don't even know how to respond to this. My head hurts. LOL
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:26:46 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
LadyX wrote:
I don't even know how to respond to this. My head hurts. LOL


See? That's exactly what I meant. snorting
myself
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:53:56 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/17/2010
Posts: 966
Location: .showyourdick.org/
I agree wmm. We have to remember and learn from the bad and the good.

History is Destined to Repeat Itself. Let us study and learn the truth.

Is it a fact that most are still confused about who discovered America? What does this mean?

Open your eyes people.

Let us remember and learn..
Auschwitz-Birkenau became the killing centre where the largest numbers of European Jews were killed during the Holocaust. After an experimental gassing there in September 1941 of 850 malnourished and ill prisoners, mass murder became a daily routine. By mid 1942, mass gassing of Jews using Zyklon-B began at Auschwitz, where extermination was conducted on an industrial scale with some estimates running as high as three million persons eventually killed through gassing, starvation, disease, shooting, and burning ...

The Polish government decided to restore Auschwitz I and turn it into a museum honouring the victims of Nazism; Auschwitz II, where buildings (many of which were prefabricated wood structures) were prone to decay, was preserved but not restored.






Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:33:56 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
"Our history and our christian heritage has to be defended whether you like it or not."

You truly need to read more outside of what your parents and local spiritual leader feed you. Yes, the information that WMM may paraphrase or quote is gotten off the net for the purposes of this site/forum so that others can see what the basis of his argument is. Having to explain that in and of itself is proof of the box in which you dwell. However, if you want to assume that your 20 some odd years, and his and others, like me, with 20 more have no clue and that we are the liberal hypnotists is borish, as is the republican party or any party at the moment.

I love it when any party and/or individual blames liberal thinking, or any thinking for that matter, on the media and the left.

What comfortable fallacy do you not want to awaken from?
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:51:52 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
eiotis123 wrote:
"Our history and our christian heritage has to be defended whether you like it or not."

You truly need to read more outside of what your parents and local spiritual leader feed you. Yes, the information that WMM may paraphrase or quote is gotten off the net for the purposes of this site/forum so that others can see what the basis of his argument is. Having to explain that in and of itself is proof of the box in which you dwell. However, if you want to assume that your 20 some odd years, and his and others, like me, with 20 more have no clue and that we are the liberal hypnotists is borish, as is the republican party or any party at the moment.

I love it when any party and/or individual blames liberal thinking, or any thinking for that matter, on the media and the left.

What comfortable fallacy do you not want to awaken from?


Haha... I find it all kinda funny that you're telling me not to listen to my parents or my community. Great advice coming from a seasoned older guy who obviously seems to think he's got the wisdom that a 20 something lady like me doesn't have. Just because I have a great relationship with my Daddy and Momma and have respect for them and my community and my church doesn't make me a dumbass then that's just a sad state of affairs. But like I said, I expect it a bit on a site like this. Lots of lonely people on here that don't get how great a strong knit Christian community is and what a true supportive american family really means.

And yeah I got that post a few back that WMW was paraphrasing but still if you look at the stat he was mentioning those are there because of the internet providing that info. Nothing wrong with that, know what I mean? Just because I'm not sitting in history class reading a textbook and listening to some old teacher reading off the same darn classroom notes he's been reading from the past 20 years don't mean that I can't get the right kind of info anytime I want. Whether that means googling it or going to a library if I was really desperate but all the right kind of info with all the different critical theories are available on line now. It's the modern way of learning but sorry if you don't get that and all...

angel7
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:58:49 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,781
Location: Cakeland, United States
LadyX wrote:
I don't even know how to respond to this. My head hurts. LOL


6 I tried to follow how she made the jump from the history of taxation revolts, bank profiteering and finance swindling and leapt into bashing liberals and whatever else she typed...she lost me.

Maybe I should just go google for some answers?

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
SadBi-Virgin
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:03:59 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 355
Location: nunya, United States
i read alot of people saying they didn't pay attention in history class or they skipped it. history was one of my most important classes and i got A's in it despite sleeping through most classes. but history helped me to shape my moral compass, my political believes and my personal believes.
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:08:04 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
"Lots of lonely people on here that don't get how great a strong knit Christian community is and what a true supportive american family really means."

Troll?
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:08:56 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
So your saying history is important but you slept through the classes just like the rest of us? I think history is awesome. Whats your point?
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:10:11 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 7,664
Location: California
Can threads make the top lists? I think one is pretty entertaining. I'd give it a five.

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:12:50 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 7,185
Location: Your dirty fantasy
Magical_felix wrote:
Can threads make the top lists? I think one is pretty entertaining. I'd give it a five.



thumbup I'm putting my vote in for an Editor's Choice award if they made them for forum threads.






Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:19:51 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
No actually, but I am continuously finding new examples of the meaning of:

Self-righteousness: confident of one's own righteousness, esp. when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

It is good to have a strong background and belief system, however, when it negates all other ideas, and beliefs merely to assert itself while casting out all other beliefs, it is simply close minded and....yeah.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:26:56 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,781
Location: Cakeland, United States
eiotis123 wrote:
...it is simply close minded and....yeah.


Simmer down you seasoned older dude. I'm beginning to wonder if The_Driver has been reincarnated. Welcome back!



Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:35:56 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
WellMadeMale wrote:
eiotis123 wrote:
...it is simply close minded and....yeah.


Simmer down you seasoned older dude. I'm beginning to wonder if The_Driver has been reincarnated. Welcome back!





6 ya think? god help us LOL
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:45:48 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190



Since you put it that way...okay.
SadBi-Virgin
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:55:25 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 355
Location: nunya, United States
Where do I get my facts? I get my fact from history, I look at the history of the world and I see the hate and the violence from religion, are there good people who are christian? Abso-fuckin-lutely but they would be good without it. and stereotypes I know about I am the anti-thesis of several sterotypes: nerds, atheists, liberal etc. And as far as my political leanings maybe you should learn what liberal and conservative means and what these two philosophies have done for the world, instead of assuming the words of Fox news hosts are true. and it ain't a war but the fundies think it is so I'll defend myself against religion to my death. {} I wish you knowledge to see the world from all perspectives and the wisdom to realize which ones are false.
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:22:21 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,190
Whats the problem? Are you saying that strong knit Christian communities don't really exist? That they are just stereotypes? What about supportive American families? Are they just stereotypes too? No, they are real and they are important parts of this great Nation of ours! I think you maybe missed on this one, honey.
SadBi-Virgin
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:27:05 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/15/2010
Posts: 355
Location: nunya, United States
Cass hun open your mind to something beyond your "strong knit christian communties" consider something more than your own immediate culture, explore the cultures of the world, explore the history of the world with open unbiased eyes. Move beyond your southern upbringing to a true neopolitian perspective.
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:37:07 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 20,781
Location: My Tower, United States
CassidyCumsFirst wrote:
Haha politics. Liberals and all their ideas about trying to put off the blame for this countries problems. The truth is that the media and the government are all controlled by liberals that want to ruin this great country. They tell lies and they brainwash. Well I won't be brainwashed and neither will millions of others. Thats why we stood up for this election. Our history and our christian heritage has to be defended whether you like it or not.


i am not even sure how to respond to this, other then i am curious to hear you back up your acusations? and umm... by the way, our christian heritage? what does that have to do with anything? you are aware of the idea of seperation of church and state AND that not everyone who lives in the US is a Christian? just curious. As for the government and the media being controlled by liberals, need i remind you that our last president was a republican and that if you look at who is actually in control of MOST of the media (Rupert Murdoch) you might be surprised to find it leans more to the right then to the left. i find it a little disconcerting that you seem to just be spouting off slogans here that seem to have very little basis in fact.

btw, as a liberal, i a VERY concerned with NOT ruining our country, and in fact, making it better, something that the so-called conservatives seem to have very little interest in doing, seeing as they've spent the last 2 years saying NO to everything (not to meniton spending 8 years turning our surplus into a deficit under President Bush).

so, now that you have 'stood up' i can expect everything to be bright and shiny real soon and, if it isn't, it's somehow still fault of liberals?



Love not hate.
myself
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:18:23 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/17/2010
Posts: 966
Location: .showyourdick.org/
WellMadeMale wrote:
eiotis123 wrote:
...it is simply close minded and....yeah.


Simmer down you seasoned older dude. I'm beginning to wonder if The_Driver has been reincarnated. Welcome back!



lol you're cool old dude : )

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
myself
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:25:29 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/17/2010
Posts: 966
Location: .showyourdick.org/
WellMadeMale wrote:
41 Facts About The History Of Central Banks In The United States That Our Children Are No Longer Taught In School

Today, most American students don’t even understand what a central bank is, (nor do the
fcking adults * wmm)
much less that the battle over central banks is one of the most important themes
in U.S. history. The truth is that our nation was birthed in the midst of a conflict over taxation and the
control of our money. Central banking has played a key role in nearly all of the wars that America has
fought. Presidents that resisted the central bankers were shot, while others shamefully caved in to
their demands.

Our current central bank is called the Federal Reserve and it is about as “federal” as Federal Express
is.
The truth is that it is a privately-owned financial institution that is designed to ensnare the U.S.
government in an endlessly expanding spiral of debt from which there is no escape.

The Federal Reserve caused the Great Depression and the Federal Reserve is at the core of our
current economic crisis. None of these things is taught to students in America’s schools today.

In 2010, young Americans are taught a sanitized version of American history that doesn’t even make
any sense. As with so many things, if you want to know what really happened just follow the money.




Thanks for the history lesson. I loved history in school. Was real bummed when I learned that so much of what I was taught was half truth or just plain bullshit. icon_smile

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Woman
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:17:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/21/2009
Posts: 675
Location: Stopping the war 'tween Harold and Kumar
MrNudiePants wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
So...knowing real history means nothing at all.

You can just jump on the 'net and check out a few websites and you're current?

I think I see what's going on now. Thanks for the illumination.



History is whatever the winning party says it is.


I second that!!! (*strips naked and does the google is number one dance about the Forums)

History is indeed an important subject, for I truly beleive in order to move forward we have to understand where we came from.

But then again, until you have all the facts, from both sides of history (the winners and the losers) then I say, make your own opinions on what you have discovered.

I just love the North American education system. Paints such a lovely view of the rest of the world!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Myself, I too was very upset and flabbergasted and floored when I traveled overseas and saw how the people lived... even when I travelled through my own country. When history class, social studies class said one thing, I saw something totally different. When I spoke to them about past historical events, and discovered what I was taught was not necessarily true.

When one learns to take the horse blinders off and see the world for what it has to offer, and not just taking the opinions and ideas of a book, seeing it for oneself (and not by a tour guide either or big city lights) then I shall accept the opinions when it comes to history and culture and be willing to possibly change what I have come to know of the world. Till then... I am under the impression (jaded I know!!! I am working on it!!!!!!) that the person is only speaking from a four walled opinion of just one other person- and that is just out of a text book.



Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.