Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

25 or older Options · View
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:22:34 AM

Yes DD, the arrogance is the biggest turn off in my book. I'd rather work with a young person that can follow a lead even though they make a few mistakes than some arrogant prick trying to screw you up making the company you work for suffer in turn negatively affecting everyone.

myself
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 10:31:56 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
Hmmm... I know a lot of older, so called "mature" people that are dumb as fuck. Irresponsible, selfish, ignorant, inconsiderate, and arrogant. It has nothing to do with age, it has to do with the person and the way they conduct themselves. I get fairly sick of the argument "respect your elders", because in my world, respect is given to those who earn it. I can have far more respect and admiration for a 19 year than a 50 year old depending on who they prove themselves to be. I also know of many "older" people that have done a terrible job of parenting, making financial decisions, and are just as self-involved as many people are thought to be in their early twenties. I've seen it a lot with those people that got married and had kids early and missed out on their youth and self-exploration and then when they hit 40, they have an affair, get a divorce and start dressing in their children's clothes and partying it up. Responsibilities fly out the window... they start behaving like the MTV generation except they are a few decades too late.

This whole "grow up" argument can be applied to anyone but to me, it has little to do with age. I judge people based on what they show me.

Of course you are right in this! I absolutely admire all no matter what age that show me they CARE. Care about what?-their responsibilities. The difference between older and younger is, I have given up on the older and still care for and think we can help the younger. It's as simple as that.

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Lisa
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 4:02:32 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
I also know of many "older" people that have done a terrible job of parenting, making financial decisions, and are just as self-involved as many people are thought to be in their early twenties.

Agreed! It all comes down to the parenting. Children either thrive due to the morals, manners and work ethic they learn from their parents, or (in some cases) despite them. Then there are those who pick up all the bad habits/attitudes from their parents and begin the cycle all over again when they become parents themselves.
myself
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 2:40:42 PM

Lisa wrote:
Dancing_Doll wrote:
I also know of many "older" people that have done a terrible job of parenting, making financial decisions, and are just as self-involved as many people are thought to be in their early twenties.

Agreed! It all comes down to the parenting. Children either thrive due to the morals, manners and work ethic they learn from their parents, or (in some cases) despite them. Then there are those who pick up all the bad habits/attitudes from their parents and begin the cycle all over again when they become parents themselves.

Agree as well.

In each of our lives, there's a time when important decisions are made causing ripples that are undeniably ours.

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.