Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Wikileaks Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:52:30 PM

CrazyTexan wrote:
There are things that must remain secret. No matter what it is. As a former US Marine and a combat veteran of Iraq, it pisses me off that names of Iraqi and Afghani interpreters were released. Most of you will think that they are still Iraqis and Afghanis, but for those of us that served and worked with them on a daily basis have a profound respect for them. They became interpreters because they wanted a front row seat to change and they did so knowing that everyday their lives would be put at risk and if the enemy ever found out who they where (we never knew their real names), they or their families could be killed. We busted our asses trying to get these brave individuals asylum into our country. I now worry if my friends are still alive.

If those names were that damned important, then they should never have been typed up on any documentation that could've been scanned or stolen. They should absolutely never have been stored on electronic medium or compact disc, tape or computer, and they sure as hell should not have been anywhere near the internet.

Pretty damned amateurish handling of this documentation by those who created it. Then add to this that the State Department acted as haughty as they did and refused to review the material prior to its being released.

Rock on Assange.

I eagerly await your expose on that American Banking concern (I've heard it is Bank of America!)

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, December 5, 2010 9:57:08 PM

heheh, I would wager that most of the Americans posting in this thread who are labeling Assange an enemy of the state or calling for his head, probably also believed that when the Bush/Cheney cabal outted active CIA agent Valarie Plame as payback for Joe Wilson denouncing the Yellowcake uranium incident prior to the Iraq War...

No offense was committed. No field agents were exposed, etc...

All of those motherfuggers should have all been convicted of their roles in that fiasco and be doing time in a federal penitentiary.

...crickets...

heartofdarkness
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 4:42:59 AM

myself wrote:
heartofdarkness wrote:
javier wrote:
I think the problem is not the people who run wikileaks, the problem is the people who fed them those reports.

We are talking about insiders, USA goverment officers who leaked those papers. They should be caught and sent to jail, and I hope they will, especially if somebody dies as a result of that leak.

sorry to say this to anybody thats on his/her high horse about this particular subject, but the US gov was offerd the chance to look over and remove any names of people put at risk by the leak. guess what happend, they declined. now to me that sounds like they eather allready knew what was in the leak or just didnt care. in the first instance that means that the gov was mearly trying to cover themselves, in the second it just goes to show what kind of people are in office.

(quote)
"On 26 November, via his lawyer Jennifer Robinson, Assange sent a letter to the US Department of State, asking for information regarding people who could be placed at "significant risk of harm" by the diplomatic cables release. Harold Koh, Legal Adviser of the Department of State, refused the proposal, stating, "We will not engage in a negotiation regarding the further release or dissemination of illegally obtained U.S. Government classified materials.""

I don't think the two parties could nor will work together on this matter. I'm thinking Julian Assange is our number one enemy at this time.dontknow Interesting.

i've heard this thing time and again from americans this or that person is our number one enemy, he or she should have this or that done to them. this kind of thing is utter madness, freedom of the press, freedom of association and freedom of expression are, correct me if im wrong, all part and parcel of the US constitution. now if this isnt particularly conviniant for the current administration then im afraid thats too fuckin bad, this is the start of a slippery slope which leads to autocratic or a dictatorial take over. i know that sounds a bit drastic but if the laws and rights of the people are changed as and how the government feels then america is no better than a bannana republic where there is no recorse to the law, there is no trial by jury, and where the army is the power behind the throne. this is what awaits at the bottom of the slope, and yes i can hear all and sundry shouting "it wont happen here!", if you think that then you should take a closer look at what happend in germany from 1929-1934 how a democracy went to facisim in 5 years. if you'd like a more recent example then look at the few years after 11th of september attacks, there was all manner of laws passed in a blind panic which were unconstitutional and yet they still stand today. i digress, my point being be carefull who you say should be your enemy, you may find that it could be you thats in the spotlight before long.
LadyX
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 9:42:59 AM

HOD, you are not the first person I have heard or read mention Nazi germany as a comparison to where things might go here in the US (or any country) if 1) the economy stays bad and 2) out of frustration and confusion, we all buy into whatever the government tells us in terms of who or what the 'threats' are. I don't necessarily believe it will turn out that way, but I also smell bullshit when the government gets egg on their face and immediately trots out the patriotism bait. Come on, everybody, where's your American spirit? Can't you see who the 'bad guys' are?

Let's smoke Wikileaks out!

Last night, I'm riding with one of my roommates, and the conservative talk radio host (yes, he listens to that all the time) was outraged that a Time Magazine reporter commented that the safety of America and its citizens is not the primary concern of journalists. Now, who knows how out of context that statement was taken, and I agree it's an ugly thing to just come out and say. But, I can't disagree with that comment. Journalists should search and publish truth. It's up to those who are tasked with secrecy to keep their information secret. Journalists aren't beholden to anything or anybody other than Truth. Otherwise, they are biased, which is fine...but if that's the case, don't pretend to hide who your agenda benefits.

Government employees should protect America, not the press. To ask the press to do it, is to ask them to carry water for some political issue or another, which short-circuits the entire concept of free press and journalistic integrity.
Rembacher
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 10:20:34 AM

LadyX wrote:
HOD, you are not the first person I have heard or read mention Nazi germany as a comparison to where things might go here in the US (or any country) if 1) the economy stays bad and 2) out of frustration and confusion, we all buy into whatever the government tells us in terms of who or what the 'threats' are. I don't necessarily believe it will turn out that way, but I also smell bullshit when the government gets egg on their face and immediately trots out the patriotism bait. Come on, everybody, where's your American spirit? Can't you see who the 'bad guys' are?

Let's smoke Wikileaks out!

Last night, I'm riding with one of my roommates, and the conservative talk radio host (yes, he listens to that all the time) was outraged that a Time Magazine reporter commented that the safety of America and its citizens is not the primary concern of journalists. Now, who knows how out of context that statement was taken, and I agree it's an ugly thing to just come out and say. But, I can't disagree with that comment. Journalists should search and publish truth. It's up to those who are tasked with secrecy to keep their information secret. Journalists aren't beholden to anything or anybody other than Truth. Otherwise, they are biased, which is fine...but if that's the case, don't pretend to hide who your agenda benefits.

Government employees should protect America, not the press. To ask the press to do it, is to ask them to carry water for some political issue or another, which short-circuits the entire concept of free press and journalistic integrity.

Wow! Gotta love this post. Can't say it any better than that.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 10:30:14 AM

The Fourth Estate and their evolution in America over the last thirty years has been shameful.

As just one case in point, during the run up to the latest Iraq War, our media and press were practically all boosters towards the Bush administration's stance. It wasn't just FOX Noise acting as the blathering loudspeaker for the chickenhawk war mongers. CNN and MSNBC worked overtime to help convince America that invading Iraq made great sense.

They had all been cowed into not disagreeing. Rarely did you read any articles or opinion pieces expressing doubt or dissent. To do so was to be labeled unpatriotic, treasonous and fit for imprisonment. So our media, our major newspapers (most of which are now consolidated under larger umbrella corporations) and the Network and Cable news super-stations exemplified Major FAIL, imo.

The Fourth Estate disappeared and let America down at a time when we really needed those voices of clarity and dissent to stand up and be heard. I wrote three letters to the editor of my local newspaper and none of them were published, between January and March 2003. It was as if my voice got shunted to a gray hole at the newspaper.

This 2008 article by Bill Moyers, expresses this gradual fucking of America by the former Fourth Estate, eloquently.

Is the Fourth Estate, a Fifth Column?

myself
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 12:44:28 PM

heartofdarkness wrote:
myself wrote:
heartofdarkness wrote:
javier wrote:
I think the problem is not the people who run wikileaks, the problem is the people who fed them those reports.

We are talking about insiders, USA goverment officers who leaked those papers. They should be caught and sent to jail, and I hope they will, especially if somebody dies as a result of that leak.

sorry to say this to anybody thats on his/her high horse about this particular subject, but the US gov was offerd the chance to look over and remove any names of people put at risk by the leak. guess what happend, they declined. now to me that sounds like they eather allready knew what was in the leak or just didnt care. in the first instance that means that the gov was mearly trying to cover themselves, in the second it just goes to show what kind of people are in office.

(quote)
"On 26 November, via his lawyer Jennifer Robinson, Assange sent a letter to the US Department of State, asking for information regarding people who could be placed at "significant risk of harm" by the diplomatic cables release. Harold Koh, Legal Adviser of the Department of State, refused the proposal, stating, "We will not engage in a negotiation regarding the further release or dissemination of illegally obtained U.S. Government classified materials.""

I don't think the two parties could nor will work together on this matter. I'm thinking Julian Assange is our number one enemy at this time.dontknow Interesting.

i've heard this thing time and again from americans this or that person is our number one enemy, he or she should have this or that done to them. this kind of thing is utter madness, freedom of the press, freedom of association and freedom of expression are, correct me if im wrong, all part and parcel of the US constitution. now if this isnt particularly conviniant for the current administration then im afraid thats too fuckin bad, this is the start of a slippery slope which leads to autocratic or a dictatorial take over. i know that sounds a bit drastic but if the laws and rights of the people are changed as and how the government feels then america is no better than a bannana republic where there is no recorse to the law, there is no trial by jury, and where the army is the power behind the throne. this is what awaits at the bottom of the slope, and yes i can hear all and sundry shouting "it wont happen here!", if you think that then you should take a closer look at what happend in germany from 1929-1934 how a democracy went to facisim in 5 years. if you'd like a more recent example then look at the few years after 11th of september attacks, there was all manner of laws passed in a blind panic which were unconstitutional and yet they still stand today. i digress, my point being be carefull who you say should be your enemy, you may find that it could be you thats in the spotlight before long.

I'm talking politics -Assange is not my enemy yet -I'll put my personal opinion out there when I learn more about the man and his motives.

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 4:20:10 PM

http://www.disinfo.com/2010/12/non-surprise-assanges-accuser-linked-to-cia/

This is how the US fights behind the scenes when 'they' wish to discredit people (like Assange). They go get the dirtiest mofo money can buy!

Julian Assange’s chief accuser in Sweden has a significant
history of work with anti-Castro groups, at least one of
which is US funded and openly supported by a former
CIA agent convicted in the mass murder of seventy three
Cubans on an airliner he was involved in blowing up.

Anna Ardin (the chief complainant) is often described by
the media as a leftist. She has ties to the US-financed
anti-Castro and anti-communist groups. In Cuba she
interacted with the feminist anti-Castro group - Las damas
de blanco (The Ladies in White). This group receives US
government funds and the convicted anti-communist
terrorist Luis Posada Carriles is a friend and supporter.

Who is Luis Posada Carriles? He’s a mass murderer, and former CIA agent.
Born 02/15/28 and nicknamed 'Bambi' by some Cuban exiles, he is
a Cuban born Venezuelan anti-communist extremist. A former
CIA agent, Posada has been convicted in absentia of involvement
in various terrorist attacks and plots throughout the Americas.

Luis Posada Carriles is so evil that even the Bush administration wanted him behind bars.

Who is Julian Assange’s chief accuser in Sweden?
She’s a gender equity officer at Uppsula University
– who chose to associate with a US funded group
openly supported by a convicted terrorist and mass murderer.

myself
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 5:27:00 PM

myself wrote:
I'm talking politics -Assange is not my enemy yet -I'll put my personal opinion out there when I learn more about the man and his motives.

Just spent to much time posting in the- Freedom of religion? Or child abuse? thread and came to a conclusion on this subject.

Considering I believe that Julian Assange is not taking responsibility at all in this, I'll refer to the conclusion and my latest post in the- Freedom of religion? Or child abuse? and be done with it.

myself wrote:
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Freedom of religion is one thing, but when it affects the life and breath of another living human being, then it becomes a crime. To me there is no "gray zone" on this.

Do you feel the same if it read -

Freedom of speech is one thing, but when it affects the life and breath of another living human being, then it becomes a crime. To me there is no "gray zone" on this.

Just wondering why (in some people's opinion -not necessarily you Dolldontknow ) it's alright in the name of free speech and in the name of many other things to cause death but not OK in the name of religion?

It seems what one man might believe in, example- the U.S. constitution and what another might believe in, example- there must be secrets in government to compete and while at war it's dirty business and what these people may believe in, example- they must live and die naturally -is still just that, personal BELIEF.

One is wrong and one is right?

myself wrote:
PEOPLE ARE FU**ING CRAZY!crybaby

It's not OK to let your child die for the good of the mass/religion and it's not OK to let innocents die for someone else's freedom of speech and it's not OK to fight war to achieve power!

If beliefs are harbored by people who are safe at home and alive while their actions cause death, I don't believe as they do. And if by chance, they're not safe at home but are in jail or maybe dead, I give credit if they except that they caused harm and must pay for it despite their belief. I can believe in this!

Life is tough and I don't see how belief can be black and white because everyone's belief is personal!

Believe what you believe, but take responsibility for the results of your beliefs. It's as simple as that for me.

You all might do better to just not listen to me because I see the universe as a whole entity and probably couldn't explain that if I wanted to. It suffices to say that I believe in belief.

note- Dear Dancing_Doll, gonna post this in the Wikileaks thread

MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, December 6, 2010 9:01:33 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
The Fourth Estate and their evolution in America over the last thirty years has been shameful.

It's been known for years that the George W. Bush administration packed the White House briefings with journalists that weren't really journalists, but instead were hired to ask just the right questions at just the right times. They also enforced strict censorship policies regarding what kind of news stories and photos could be published, and what kind faced governmental restrictions. It's no secret that the Obama has been waging war against Fox News, in their own bid to control the press. None of this will end until the American people have their fill of bread and circuses, and demand honesty from their politicians. In other words... never.
myself
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:07:52 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:

It's been known for years that the George W. Bush administration packed the White House briefings with journalists that weren't really journalists, but instead were hired to ask just the right questions at just the right times. They also enforced strict censorship policies regarding what kind of news stories and photos could be published, and what kind faced governmental restrictions. It's no secret that the Obama has been waging war against Fox News, in their own bid to control the press. None of this will end until the American people have their fill of bread and circuses, and demand honesty from their politicians. In other words... never.

You are right. The rules of this game will not change in our lifetime but, the efforts that all good people put into it are not wasted and will always be cherished in the hearts of man : )

WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 10:16:31 AM

This is one way the US Government can coerce Wikileaks off the internet.

Intimidate the bandwidth service providers, the web-hosting companies and both ICANN and ARIN from doing business with anything associated with Wikileaks.

After dumping thousands of secret US diplomatic cables in the public domain last week,
WikiLeaks ended up losing its web hosting company – twice – and its wikileaks.org web
domain to boot as providers got cold feet about its content. But a plan being hatched
by fellow travellers in the file-sharing community may shield the controversial data
dumper from such takedowns in future.

It all started with a tweet on 28 November: "Hello all ISPs of the world.
We're going to add a new competing root-server since we're tired of
ICANN. Please contact me to help."

This missive, complaining about the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers,
was from Peter Sunde, an anti-copyright activist based in Sweden and one of the founders
of The Pirate Bay website, which tracks the locations of copyrighted movie and music
BitTorrent files. It instantly lit a flame among file-sharers. "That small tweet turned into a lot
of interest," Sunde blogged two days later. "We haven't organised yet, but are trying to…
we want the internet to be uncensored.

Having a centralised system that controls our information flow is not acceptable."

Practice blatant censorship. Implement new laws to make illegal whatever they (the government)
deems to be not in their favor and then (as we saw with Bush) ignore Habeas Corpus, implement
arrest procedures throughout the world with smaller countries (bullying) and capture the 'criminals'.

The Blueprint is already in place, thanks to Guantanamo and the practices honed over the last 9 years.

CrazyTexan
Posted: Tuesday, December 7, 2010 10:01:18 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
CrazyTexan wrote:
There are things that must remain secret. No matter what it is. As a former US Marine and a combat veteran of Iraq, it pisses me off that names of Iraqi and Afghani interpreters were released. Most of you will think that they are still Iraqis and Afghanis, but for those of us that served and worked with them on a daily basis have a profound respect for them. They became interpreters because they wanted a front row seat to change and they did so knowing that everyday their lives would be put at risk and if the enemy ever found out who they where (we never knew their real names), they or their families could be killed. We busted our asses trying to get these brave individuals asylum into our country. I now worry if my friends are still alive.

If those names were that damned important, then they should never have been typed up on any documentation that could've been scanned or stolen. They should absolutely never have been stored on electronic medium or compact disc, tape or computer, and they sure as hell should not have been anywhere near the internet.

Pretty damned amateurish handling of this documentation by those who created it. Then add to this that the State Department acted as haughty as they did and refused to review the material prior to its being released.

Rock on Assange.

I eagerly await your expose on that American Banking concern (I've heard it is Bank of America!)

You sir, have no clue what you are talking about. Assange didn't hack into a government computer and steal the information. A dumb ass private in the US Army working in intelligence handed the cables over to Assage for whatever personal reason he conjured up in his imagination. The said "dumb ass private" is now sitting in the brig awaiting trial (a well deserved one at that). But you missed my point clearly. I said that there are certain things that must remain secret. In the age of technology, where else was the US government going to store that information?
Playmale
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:05:51 AM

CrazyTexan wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
CrazyTexan wrote:

Rock on Assange.

You sir, have no clue what you are talking about. Assange didn't hack into a government computer and steal the information. A dumb ass private in the US Army working in intelligence handed the cables over to Assage for whatever personal reason he conjured up in his imagination. The said "dumb ass private" is now sitting in the brig awaiting trial (a well deserved one at that). But you missed my point clearly. I said that there are certain things that must remain secret. In the age of technology, where else was the US government going to store that information?

When we are talking about leaked information. There are a few matters of responsibility. Assange has talked about at least having verification of the veracity of what he posts, and seemed to take this responsibilty seriously.

There is also a question of the person providing the material. Are they shipping out all data they can get their hands on? Or are they using prudent judgement and releasing items that expose a criminal wrongdoing?

There is a real difference between a whistle blower, and a rat. As previously stated, the "dumb ass private" may have had an obligation to his oath of office (to the Constitution) to expose the bastards. He may have also released material that was inappropriate to release.
Playmale
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 12:18:51 AM

Here is a different series of questions.

Has anyone considered that the release of >250,000 documents is like one of those tactics lawyers use during discovery, where they flood their opponents with so much crap that they can fairly safely hide the real useful information in it.

How about this? Apart from the names of some collaborators, and some embarassing comments, what information of real importance has come out in this?

Is it just enough to really justify "needing" to go after Asange? Like a pretext to take him out?

Do you think it is possible someone in the CIA or one of the dirty tricks departments was feeding him rope?

Is it even possible that we will be told that we need to give up a whole host of other freedoms to protect us from this again?

What is Assange's background? He's tried to paint one of the "rape victims" as a goverment conspiritor. How did he know that and what was he doing with her?

What real important thing is going on that we are having our attention diverted from?
myself
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 7:41:18 AM

Playmale wrote:
What real important thing is going on that we are having our attention diverted from?

Good question, real sure the big picture will become visible.

In the mean time, the U.S. is divided further within and without and moral sinks lower. Maybe the division is the big picture?

I ask this question- If we love this country, why wouldn't we stand with her through these growing pains?

Is it so inconceivable, that our thoughts and actions of patriotism might unite and pick us up from this tumble and allow this war between our people and our government to subside? We are proud of our forefathers (people and government) for the job they did building this country. I feel these men and women could not have got the job done without patriotism. This spirit has been dying in our country for sometime now. The job of running our country is so much bigger and complicated than it was. Don't we need support from the mass to get this job done? If the people don't care or, if we support division, how can our government (the minority) get the job done.

I can't help but feel that it's possible that for sometime now, we the people (the majority) have in spirit and actions, left the few good people in government to fend for themselves amongst the most unworthy and that this would and has caused their turn from patriotism to the reality that they are alone and must conform to the business at hand without conscious.

Is a revolutionary war the answer? Isn't this regression? Haven't we already done this and is history destined to repeat it's self without result? Or, do we stand together and work on improving the positive?

The people are the power in the world. The majority still wins if they want to right?

WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 9:17:19 AM

CrazyTexan wrote:

Is this yet another certain little secret which should have remained in the dark, away from anyone's eyes?

So, I cannot handle the truth? Is that what you're implying, Colonel?

Another international conflict, another horrific taxpayer-funded
sex scandal for DynCorp, the private security contractor tasked with
training the Afghan police.

While the company is officially based in the DC area, most of its business
is managed on a satellite campus at Alliance Airport north of Fort Worth.
And if one of the diplomatic cables from the WikiLeaks archive is to be
believed, boy howdy, are their doings in Afghanistan shady.

The Afghanistan cable (dated June 24, 2009) discusses a meeting between
Afghan Interior Minister Hanif Atmar and US assistant ambassador
Joseph Mussomeli. Prime among Atmar's concerns was a party partially
thrown by DynCorp for Afghan police recruits in Kunduz Province.

Many of DynCorp's employees are ex-Green Berets and veterans of other
elite units, and the company was commissioned by the US government to
provide training for the Afghani police. According to most reports, over
95 percent of its $2 billion annual revenue comes from US taxpayers.

I understand completely what is going on with the Wikileaks situation. I have been a corporate whistleblower. I have been fired and lost a very nicely paying career position for calling truth to power - in my past. I have been blackballed from the industry which I gave 7 years of my youth to. I understand exactly what Assange is doing and why.

Does my situation equal the depth of this current leaking of government documentation? That depends upon how you look at good versus evil. It depends upon the depth of the brainwashing which has occurred to prevent you from seeing what is really right and what is so fucking wrong that it needs to be rooted out at any fcking cost.

You Mr. Crazy, need to wake the fuck up.

myself
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:53:54 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
CrazyTexan wrote:

Is this yet another certain little secret which should have remained in the dark, away from anyone's eyes?

So, I cannot handle the truth? Is that what you're implying, Colonel?

Another international conflict, another horrific taxpayer-funded
sex scandal for DynCorp, the private security contractor tasked with
training the Afghan police.

While the company is officially based in the DC area, most of its business
is managed on a satellite campus at Alliance Airport north of Fort Worth.
And if one of the diplomatic cables from the WikiLeaks archive is to be
believed, boy howdy, are their doings in Afghanistan shady.

The Afghanistan cable (dated June 24, 2009) discusses a meeting between
Afghan Interior Minister Hanif Atmar and US assistant ambassador
Joseph Mussomeli. Prime among Atmar's concerns was a party partially
thrown by DynCorp for Afghan police recruits in Kunduz Province.

Many of DynCorp's employees are ex-Green Berets and veterans of other
elite units, and the company was commissioned by the US government to
provide training for the Afghani police. According to most reports, over
95 percent of its $2 billion annual revenue comes from US taxpayers.

I understand completely what is going on with the Wikileaks situation. I have been a corporate whistleblower. I have been fired and lost a very nicely paying career position for calling truth to power - in my past. I have been blackballed from the industry which I gave 7 years of my youth to. I understand exactly what Assange is doing and why.

Does my situation equal the depth of this current leaking of government documentation? That depends upon how you look at good versus evil. It depends upon the depth of the brainwashing which has occurred to prevent you from seeing what is really right and what is so fucking wrong that it needs to be rooted out at any fcking cost.

You Mr. Crazy, need to wake the fuck up.

Dear WMM, Wish I understood all of this as I really like that you seem to understand a huge picture. Would you gives us a currant U.S. history lesson and put it in broad terms so that I may understand. Hope this is not to much to ask. : )

WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, December 9, 2010 11:01:42 PM

myself wrote:
Would you put it in broad terms so that I may understand. Hope this is not to much to ask.

mercianknight
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 7:53:05 AM

lol Lfunny Lfunny

WMM, you kill me at times. Short and sweet history lesson for sure Lfunny

And I still support what Assange was trying to do. Remember, he did contact the US Govt to give them a chance to 'edit' names and places, but they refused to talk to him and called his bluff. Serves them right.

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
myself
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 7:56:47 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
myself wrote:
Would you put it in broad terms so that I may understand. Hope this is not to much to ask.

LOL this really didn't help much -thought it was worth a try d'oh!

myself
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:00:06 AM

This guy is going down. He fucked with to many in higher places. Whistle

WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:17:25 AM

myself wrote:

You type that...like it is a good thing. angry7

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17521/espionage_act_makes_felons_of_us_all

Dear Americans: If you are not "authorized" personnel, but you have read,
written about, commented upon, tweeted, spread links by "liking" on Facebook,
shared by email, or otherwise discussed "classified" information disclosed from
WikiLeaks, you could be implicated for crimes under the U.S. Espionage Act --
or so warns a legal expert who said the U.S. Espionage Act could make "felons of us all."

myself
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:25:48 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
myself wrote:

You type that...like it is a good thing. angry7

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17521/espionage_act_makes_felons_of_us_all

Dear Americans: If you are not "authorized" personnel, but you have read,
written about, commented upon, tweeted, spread links by "liking" on Facebook,
shared by email, or otherwise discussed "classified" information disclosed from
WikiLeaks, you could be implicated for crimes under the U.S. Espionage Act --
or so warns a legal expert who said the U.S. Espionage Act could make "felons of us all."

Good, bad or in between, he's going down. He might become a martyr if not already, hope he steps up to the plate.