Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

"The Code" Options · View
Guest
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 1:31:15 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,697
Do you believe in the code? You know that code that says you cant date or fuck ur bestfriends man? Or is it fair game? I have but i dont think it was betrayal cuz she wasnt my bestfriend and they werent together anymore and it wasnt a relationship we were just fuck buddies.
masso66
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 10:05:58 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 12/31/2010
Posts: 48
Location: Berlin, Germany
CamillaJay19 wrote:
Do you believe in the code? You know that code that says you cant date or fuck ur bestfriends man? Or is it fair game? I have but i dont think it was betrayal cuz she wasnt my bestfriend and they werent together anymore and it wasnt a relationship we were just fuck buddies.


I always followed the code and man it was not always easy.
masso66
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 10:06:53 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 12/31/2010
Posts: 48
Location: Berlin, Germany
masso66 wrote:
CamillaJay19 wrote:
Do you believe in the code? You know that code that says you cant date or fuck ur bestfriends man? Or is it fair game? I have but i dont think it was betrayal cuz she wasnt my bestfriend and they werent together anymore and it wasnt a relationship we were just fuck buddies.


I always followed the code and man it was not always easy.


ah wait - I assume that its not part of the code if your bestfriend knows about it up front right?
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 10:11:21 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,679
Location: Your dirty fantasy
I follow the code for close friends unless they encourage me to go for it (which happened once, but she is an exceptionally non-jealous cool girl and those are rare). For the most part I try to avoid it because of the drama it always has the potential to cause. They need to come up with the female version of the saying 'bros before hoes'... maybe 'chicks before dicks'...?

Guest
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 10:38:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,697
Personally I don't entirely agreed with the code. Now...if a girl leaves a buddy of mine she is off limits completely. But...if he leaves her I believe that is fair game. Most of my friends agree with that so we don't usually have a problem.
MMonroe
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 4:41:13 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/10/2009
Posts: 1,893
Location: United Kingdom
I wouldnt ever even think about going after a friend's man ex or not unless she said it was ok, but like DD said that happens very very rarely.



*Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?*



Guest
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:29:51 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,697
well my friend dumped the guy so i figured it was fair game
MinaMiranda
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:21:46 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 71
I am currently getting over a relationship lost in this way. My boyfriend went off with my best friend. She would say it was justified because he had finished with me, but the reason he finished with me was for her and it seems they were spending time together behind my back before this.

I will never ever forgive her. She knew what the relationship meant to me. I had ample opportunity to do something similar to her and never took it. Ultimately it's about the pain you are likely to cause. There is no 'fair game' IMHO if you know you will be hurting that friend, and you have no right to call yourself a friend any more if you act on any feelings you may have towards someone they care for.



Stock answer to most forum questions:
Some do, Some don't

Love blindsides us all.
MinaMiranda
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:23:04 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 71
Dancing_Doll wrote:
I follow the code for close friends unless they encourage me to go for it (which happened once, but she is an exceptionally non-jealous cool girl and those are rare). For the most part I try to avoid it because of the drama it always has the potential to cause. They need to come up with the female version of the saying 'bros before hoes'... maybe 'chicks before dicks'...?


Sisters before Misters.

Stock answer to most forum questions:
Some do, Some don't

Love blindsides us all.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 10:36:30 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,697
i understand and appreciate your statements, but whats done is done now lol but i know this is the first and the last time i`ll do that again.
MinaMiranda
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2011 1:06:05 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 3/29/2011
Posts: 71
Hey, I'm not judging you, hun - every circumstance is different. As some people above have said - on some occasions if you do find a sensitive way of approaching the friend about it, she might well say 'go ahead', and may well appreciate that you took the time to consider her feelings by asking. Actually, to go out with the guy I'm talking about, his ex was a friend of mine and I did ask her permission, and she did say okay. Lol she did warn me he was an asshole though - I should have listened.

Stock answer to most forum questions:
Some do, Some don't

Love blindsides us all.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.