Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : Personal Hygiene, how far do you take this?
Choice Votes Statistics
Shower daily, soap, bathwash, handcloth, shampoo 13 43 %
Shower daily, shampoo, soap, shave, brushteeth 15 50 %
Shower daily, water pressure knocks dirt off 0 0 %
Shower? You lucky SOBs, I have to bathe in a tub 0 0 %
Shower? You poor bastard, I get to play in jacuzzi 0 0 %
Every Saturday whether I need to, or not 2 6 %
Three times a day, my skin is impervious to water 0 0 %
I'm allergic to hydrogen atoms. 0 0 %
I prefer Merlot 0 0 %

What do you do...to become 'clean and fresh'? Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:45:57 PM

I try to shower every morning. Some days I say, fuck this shit, it's just going to be me...and my cats today and later I'm cutting wood in the forest or getting loaded with friends and my apathy overrides my sense of civilization.

When I was a kid, my mother (Dad did not engage in this activity) would throw me and my two brothers in the tub at the end of the day, generally right before bedtime. I guess we were poor or it was a parental time management practice? I dunno.

The memories are scarring. Seriously though, one of my galfriends told me today - you men never use wash cloths.

I had mentioned to her...I use a bar of Coast soap, my hand and the sparse body hair to lather up. I then rinse. Most mornings I also suds up my face and shave in the shower.

No mirror needed. After 35 years of shaving, I know the contours of my face.

So, I propose this poll (and detailed explanations from you extroverts). This could be both funny and illustrative.

I won't cyber with hygienically dysfunctional female. Or male. Just thought I should throw that in at the end.

If your routine is not listed, please..........elaborate. Dysfunctional voyeurs like myself are interested. Embarassed

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:48:46 PM

I do 1,2, and 5 so I didn't vote!
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:54:24 PM

chefkathleen wrote:

So you're not into Merlot either?

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:08:01 PM

I take a bath once a year, like the queen.

Ok, the closest is #1, but I floss and brush my teeth twice daily. I use charcoal clay soap from Japan, which is black. A friend of mine always brings me back some when she goes over there.

You should have had Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz as options, you'd probably get more takers over Merlot. That's a whole different poll...
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:39:51 PM

Wash cloth, no. I use the above, I did learn something during marriage. Along with that, shave (other body parts optional, your choice). Body cleansers, depends on which one is available, but no, I don't have bars of soap anywhere in my bathroom.

I can go out of the house, if I've showered the previous evening, if not, I have to shower. Depends on the weight of the day, but usually take one before bed no matter if one was had before going out in the morning.

Yes, I brush and floss too.
Lisa
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:15:35 PM

Number one doesn't include brushing teeth so I went with number two.

I don't use a traditional bar of soap though. I prefer the scented shower gels that leave me smelling like a fruit salad.
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:44:42 AM

But...But...there's no choice for running nekkid through your neighbour's sprinklers while you dash for the bus......
XX
BB
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:19:58 PM

nicola wrote:

You should have had Cabernet Sauvignon or Shiraz as options, you'd probably get more takers over Merlot. That's a whole different poll...

Trying to remember back 20 hours now...but I think I was on my 2nd or maybe third bottle of grape sauce when I created this mishmash.

Chardonnay. Merlot always knocks my dick in the dirt before I can finish 4 bottles.

Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:35:18 PM

Quote:
I can go out of the house, if I've showered the previous evening, if not, I have to shower. Depends on the weight of the day, but usually take one before bed no matter if one was had before going out in the morning.

Where I live it get's exceptionally hot/humid in the summer and 2 sometimes 3 showers are not unusual. My swimming pool ends up feeling like a bath tub with temps in the 80s+ so I stay away from it.
nicola
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:42:13 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Some days I say, fuck this shit, it's just going to be me...and my cats today and later I'm cutting wood in the forest or getting loaded with friends and my apathy overrides my sense of civilization.

http://bit.ly/mJIHXL
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:49:08 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:

Nope. I'm like Paul Giamatti from Sideways. Never any Merlot.
MMonroe
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:22:56 PM

Shower everyday (mostly in the evening and then wash in the morning) brush teeth etc every day. Wash my hair and shave various body parts every other day.

Occasionally i have those days where i stay in and do nothing in which case just a wash in the basin with a washcloth will do and then shower the next morning

*Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?*

overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:13:26 PM

chefkathleen wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:

I loved Sideways immensely, but I did buy into the whole Merlot snobbery for a while afterwards.

There are some 2009 French Merlots that are sublime - please ignore them - all the more for me ;)

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Mistress_of_words
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:40:15 PM

I covered this question in intimate detail already ;)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/shower-time.aspx

Teryn
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:01:45 PM

chefkathleen wrote:
Quote:

Where I live it get's exceptionally hot/humid in the summer and 2 sometimes 3 showers are not unusual. My swimming pool ends up feeling like a bath tub with temps in the 80s+ so I stay away from it.

Same here! I shower twice a day now even though I probably don't need it but its a routine every since I was small. I hate going to bed all grimy and I hate going out for the day without a shower too.
Pelicanbill
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:20:53 PM

Daily showering is the only answer - then you satisfy all
AngelUK
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:38:34 PM

sumdays i think i live in the shower, no excuse 4 bad hygene a complete turn off 4 me.
hobbhorn
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:45:16 PM

clean and fresh is as much in the mind as in the shower (for me that is) so to feel clean and fresh I go for a vigorous hike, then I like a hot sauna and a cold jump in the lake. nothing fresher!
mare24
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 1:41:18 AM

I shower pretty much everyday unless I'm all by myself and no one to care, then I might skip a day. You didn't include everything in the first two so I'll say #1, #2, + Merlot, lol. Although I genuinely like Cabernet better :)
Swollen
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 11:49:44 AM

overmykneenow wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:

I loved Sideways immensely, but I did buy into the whole Merlot snobbery for a while afterwards.

There are some 2009 French Merlots that are sublime - please ignore them - all the more for me ;)

Far too young to drink now Babe - lay them down a while xx
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:10:28 PM

overmykneenow wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
chefkathleen wrote:

I'll have a couple of friends of mine that live in France give them a go for me. I'll get back to you on that. Still will probably prefer Cab though. But as Swollen said, it's seems a young wine to me.
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:13:09 PM

On second thought, to hell with it. Let's get some 2 Buck Chuck and partay. snorting Then we'll jump into the Jacuzzi with a bottle of Dawn and get clean!
rxtales
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:48:21 PM

I bathe in the ocean.
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:23:23 PM

Yes, Chef, in Miami, two is sometimes the minimum. Also, just while we're on the topic, I am a little snoborooney when it comes to vino.

Looks chilled, anyone got a cork screw?
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 6:01:59 PM

I carry one in my purse for just such occasions.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 7:11:44 PM

I probably shower twice a day on most days... once in the morning and a quick one after the gym later.

Teeth brushing is mandatory... wow, I was surprised that the majority have chosen option one. Do people seriously not brush their teeth everyday? sad1

Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 8:52:51 PM

Too busy shagging baby, yeah!!!
WorkAlone
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:33:29 PM

A shower etc. is even more important than coffee to get me started in the morning. I shower twice on gym days. I'm with DD, only one option seemed to list brushing teeth and it's not the most popular one. eeeewwwwww.
sprite
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 10:50:08 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
I probably shower twice a day on most days... once in the morning and a quick one after the gym later.

Teeth brushing is mandatory... wow, I was surprised that the majority have chosen option one. Do people seriously not brush their teeth everyday? sad1

yeah, wow... i mean, 3 times a day should be standard! i carry a travel brush and toothpaste with me at all times - after every meal. Umm.. as far as showering, i don't feel compelled to shower EVERY day, usually i'll miss a night or two every week if i'm not doing something during the day that requires me to shower (or take a bath) and sometimes i LIKE having the 'stink' of sex clinging to me, HER scent mixed with mine, and will purposefully not shower. but then again, sometimes i'll take two, just cause it feels nice, not cause i need one.

Live, love, laugh.
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 4:52:03 PM

Most days I shower 1x, but I'll have a rougher time at work so it allows for a second one to work the ache out of my muscles.