Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Make up, what's up with that? Options · View
MindsEye
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:47:42 AM

I look at make up as a sexist ritual a throw back, like veils, whereas very little make up or none is like sexy underwear, or going naked, just one of my quirky thoughts.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:10:43 AM

not sure how wearing make up is sexist. it's meant to enhance a woman's natural beauty and a touch here or there does just that. it's no different than wearing a pair of high heels or clothes that are cut for your particular body shape or getting a particular hair cut. in my case, it gives me a little confidence, as well or makes me feel a little glam - it's just fun, sometimes, to get dolled up :)

Live, love, laugh.
clum
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:57:47 AM

I think a lot of women underestimate how beautiful they can be without make-up and think that guys won't give them a second look if they don't wear it.
While I agree it can be a nice touch just like nice clothes and getting your hair done, and it can be a huge confidence boost for some women, there's a lot to be said for just looking 'the way God made you' from time to time.

She Just Wants To Be

Third place entry in the Toy With Me competition.
rxtales
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:41:18 AM

In my job it´s not very practical to wear makeup. I am in the water all day, and my hair is usually a mess. So when I get home and shower, it´s nice to put on a little make up and some nice clothes. Not becuase I am trying to please anyone, but because I feel a little more confident about myself. I am pretty sure my boyfriend wouldn´t care one way or the other. I don´t wear much, just a little, but I like it.
LadySharon
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:41:44 AM

I don't wear makeup a lot, only mascara for school/job interviews and that's about it. If I wanted to get glam, then I'll do the whole drag queen look. Majority of the time, I wear none at all.

The Roommates Trilogy:
Roommates with Benefits
Roommates with Benefits: Snowed In
Roommates with Benefits: The Working Vacation is now available for your reading pleasure

Latest poem, Longing, is out now!

College Sex:

New story now available!
LadySharon
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:50:40 AM

I don't wear makeup a lot, only mascara for school/job interviews and that's about it. If I wanted to get glam, then I'll do the whole drag queen look. Majority of the time, I wear none at all.

The Roommates Trilogy:
Roommates with Benefits
Roommates with Benefits: Snowed In
Roommates with Benefits: The Working Vacation is now available for your reading pleasure

Latest poem, Longing, is out now!

College Sex:

New story now available!
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:31:58 PM

As a beauty/fashion fanatic...i love makeup! i don't wear it every single day and i definitely don't put on 10 pounds of it every time i do wear it.
i have my days where i don't feel like putting it on so i don't or i just put on a couple things, like mascara and lip gloss, and call it a day.
and then i have my days/nights where i feel like doing something a bit more dramatic or extreme so i go for it. i never have on so much that its the drag queen or clown look. even when i'm doing a dramatic look, i choose one area to focus on and keep everything else toned down.
makeup is just one of those things that some people are into and others aren't..each to its own
Posted: Monday, June 06, 2011 11:41:35 AM

I don't think wearing make up is sexist and I don't quite understand why you would say that to be honest. Doesn't that mean you feel sorry for girls/women who "have" to wear make up? I don't see why.
It's their decision if they do it or not... if you want to feel sorry for someone, try the guys who don't ever get to see their girlfriends "real" faces lol. I know girls who get all dolled up 20 minutes before their boyfriends even open their eyes every morning, that is a lot of work. And false advertising. But then again... so is plastic surgery, certain clothing and so on.
I for one am more of a skin care person. Addict actually. I really do like wearing make up when I go out though, makes me feel prettier and more confident.
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:13:21 PM

I hardly wear makeup at all, unless its a special occasion or if I just feel like it, personally I think women are the more beautiful being, why would they want to hide there natural beauty? every single women is beautiful some way to some one, its personal preference I think. For me its only to highlight my features that I already love about my face, other then that its not a necessity.