Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I'm beginning to think that sterilization of some people is a good idea Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:24:56 AM

Pet python kills 2-yr old child. Mother and bf face charges.

A Florida mother and her boyfriend face charges of manslaughter, third-degree murder, and child neglect in the death of two-year-old Shaianna Hare, who was strangled in her crib by the couple's pet python, reports MSNBC.

The toddler's mother, Jaren Hare, and Hare's boyfriend, Charles Darnell, said that the python had escaped from its makeshift enclosure ten times before Darnell found it "wrapped around Shaianna's head and body." Each time it escaped, the couple had returned it to a laundry bag inside a tank covered by a safety-pinned quilt -- violating a Florida law that pet snakes must be kept in a locked enclosure.Darnell found the reptile -- a 12-foot long albino Burmese python that weighs about 50 pounds, and which neither Hare nor Darnell had a permit to keep -- in the crib with the two-year-old and says he stabbed it in an attempt to free the girl, but she was already dead. Though the snake was "due for its monthly feeding," says MSNBC, Darnell "didn't think the animal wanted to eat the little girl."
The couple also owns a red-tailed boa constrictor; the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission removed both snakes from the home.

According to http://pet-snakes.com/snake-food

How often should you feed a snake?
This goes hand in hand with “how much”, but it is better addressed separately. The average snake, being a young adult, is usually fed once every 1 to 1.5 weeks. I know that’s a blanket statement, but that seems to be the average. As you learn your snake’s body langauge you’ll start to learn how often it should be fed.

Imagine that, a hungry snake escapes from it's pin a dozen times looking for food. Wtf did they think was going to happen. "Didnt think the animal wanted to eat the little girl" How fucking stupid is that comment. Like a snake as some sort of discerning appetite and conscious. Someone punch that guy in the face.

I have mentioned before how much I despise stupid people? I really fucking hate stupid people. I think it's time to clean the gene pool and get rid of the dead weight.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:16:12 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
I have mentioned before how much I despise stupid people? I really fucking hate stupid people. I think it's time to clean the gene pool and get rid of the dead weight.

well maybe if we stop feeding them so much...
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:28:30 PM

Sumter County, FLA, they don't grow them too smart in that neck of the woods. I saw the clip of his attorney saying this was an accident. No honey, if the snake got out once, and that once led to the death, that's an accident. The dumb ass boyfriend had a sheet pinned to the top of the snakes holding area as a lid.

Hopefully the jury is smarter than those two. Oh yeah, Sumter County, forgot. They'll get off and then have another child.
Ddbill
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:01:49 PM

This kind of incident only reaffirms the dangers of these kind of people running free. Society as a whole has been slowly degrading since a couple years after segregation fights. What you could learn in 5 grade 10 years ago, is now something a 10th grader learns. I find it rather insulting to human kind to have these kind of people constantly being put on the news. Stem the dead weight? There is a good chance we would stem so much dead weight that we wouldnt be able to function and live as humans. Every pool of life has its dead weight. You will always have a bad side to good things. Though i would admit, i would like to kill off certain dead weight to lighten the load.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:15:11 PM

This is how much I care about this whole issue. Babies born to stupid people are likely to grow up to be stupid, too. I'd imagine, if th epeople aren't wholly stupid, they may just have learned a lesson from this episode about raising their children. Maybe next time (if there even IS a next time) they'll put a little more energy into the process, and the baby will possibly not turn out as stupid as his parents. Do I care about the baby? Not really. Wasn't MY baby, nor was it the baby of anyone close to me. Go ahead and have another. Have two, as long as you're gonna kill 'em both off so they don't pollute the gene pool with your stupid genes.

(The above rant was only sightly tongue-in-cheek. I really don't care a whole lot that these obviously fine folks have won a Darwin Award. I think of it as evolution in action.)
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:08:47 AM

LittleMissBitch wrote:
lafayettemister wrote:

well maybe if we stop feeding them so much...

Here's one for LM.
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 1:41:08 PM

eviotis wrote:
Sumter County, FLA, they don't grow them too smart in that neck of the woods. I saw the clip of his attorney saying this was an accident. No honey, if the snake got out once, and that once led to the death, that's an accident. The dumb ass boyfriend had a sheet pinned to the top of the snakes holding area as a lid.

Hopefully the jury is smarter than those two. Oh yeah, Sumter County, forgot. They'll get off and then have another child.

This surprises me about you Eviotis. You're not normally prejudiced about people.