Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

When Lush members just disappear... Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:50:00 AM

Buz wrote:
I had a message this morning from a very good Lush friend that she had deleted her account. I was shocked and very saddening, actually just sick about it. She even had a competition story entered. I will really miss her being here very much. And I also noticed that all of her great comments on my stories had vanished as well as votes my stories had received from her.

Really?

She messaged me last night and chatted with me about this. Then gave me her email address so we can keep in touch.

Then she sent me some photos of her boobies! Then we cammed! It was glorious...

nanny nanny boo boo! evil4

(okay I made that last part up)

Things happen guys, deal with it, come'on. I'd say that unless
you have managed to finagle an email address or chat handle
(from google talk, yahoo chat or whatever) from the person,
then... they didn't really want to be your pal outside of Lush.

Don't be sad that it's over, be happy you met them and they didn't cost you anything.

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, then you're stuck with it. If not - rejoice and have a beer.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:54:11 PM

Buz
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:55:30 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Really?

She messaged me last night and chatted with me about this. Then gave me her email address so we can keep in touch.

Then she sent me some photos of her boobies! Then we cammed! It was glorious...

nanny nanny boo boo! evil4

(okay I made that last part up)

Things happen guys, deal with it, come'on. I'd say that unless
you have managed to finagle an email address or chat handle
(from google talk, yahoo chat or whatever) from the person,
then... they didn't really want to be your pal outside of Lush.

Don't be sad that it's over, be happy you met them and they didn't cost you anything.

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, then you're stuck with it. If not - rejoice and have a beer.

She did notify me that she was deleting and did send me her email address (and address to her blog), but I will still miss her on Lush because she was a good friend to me here.

mercianknight
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:16:15 AM

chefkathleen wrote:

Chef's innate ability to display empathy is infamous and I love her for it. bootyshake

Even shy little old me started out as an observer on Lush only to be drawn in by some incredible people. Sadly, some have moved on and my blessings went with them. For the rest, I admire from the shadows again only occasionly illuminating their lives with my incandescent presence. I am thoughtful that way Liar

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:14:07 AM

Sir Knight. The quiet observer. Lurking in the bushes. Outside my bedroom. Whistle evil4
Buz
Posted: Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:36:01 AM

FINALLY! The Drama Llama finally scores!!!!!!!!!!!

mercianknight
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 6:32:02 AM

chefkathleen wrote:
Sir Knight. The quiet observer. Lurking in the bushes. Outside my bedroom. Whistle evil4

You do know it's bloody cold out here, right? Open the window and let me in before my lance gets frostbite evil4

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 8:02:21 AM

mercianknight wrote:

You do know it's bloody cold out here, right? Open the window and let me in before my lance gets frostbite evil4

Your lance looks pretty straight and warm to me. your hand must be keeping it warm
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2011 4:10:53 PM

I've not been on this long and not really made friends yet though there is one girl I've spoke to a few times. Dunno how I'd feel if an online friend suddenly went M.I.A.
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:40:24 PM

I understand Hap deleted his acct. At least some were warned.

Is there something odd going on here??
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:53:22 PM

MsYumm wrote:
I understand Hap deleted his acct. At least some were warned.

Is there something odd going on here??

Why do you think there is something going on here? Just like in real life, people come and go.

Hap contacted his close friends and let them know how to keep in touch. No mystery, no big warnings, farewell, or Goodbye Cruel Lush speeches needed. happy8

I certainly prefer that approach over the person who starts a goodbye thread for himself and still is on Lush 4 months later. evil4 evil5 evil4
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 8:56:05 PM

Curlygirly wrote:
I certainly prefer that approach over the person who starts a goodbye thread for himself and still is on Lush 4 months later. evil4 evil5 evil4

hahaha! who was THAT??

(still ... it still seems like some things are odd that long time Lushers leave ... like LoisLane earlier too)
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 9:14:03 PM

Curlygirly wrote:

Why do you think there is something going on here? Just like in real life, people come and go.

Hap contacted his close friends and let them know how to keep in touch. No mystery, no big warnings, farewell, or Goodbye Cruel Lush speeches needed. happy8

Quite a lot of members will inform their closest friends before they close their accounts - I know that I did.

I've also had friends sending IMs to warn that they may have to delete, that something is going on - maybe giving ways to keep in touch as they know that their friends would worry about them. It's just courteous, IMO.

Some do the woe is me stuff, some just disappear - we're all different I guess...

Some of us do the drama, others don't. It doesn't mean there's some conspiracy, we all have our reasons...
Duralex87
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 9:17:05 PM

where's gone sonnick who wrote Incest games one of the best series ever on this site.

Trying to sound cool. Too much work left.
Buz
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 9:20:25 PM

I liked hap. hope things work out.

Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 9:21:55 PM

Buz wrote:
I liked hap. hope things work out.

Me too, Buz - I'll miss the old bugger :'(
AngelHeart01
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2012 11:06:19 PM

MsYumm wrote:

hahaha! who was THAT??

(still ... it still seems like some things are odd that long time Lushers leave ... like LoisLane earlier too)

You haven't even been here 4 months and you say it's odd? I went to your profile and you say you won't accept PM's or friend requests because you are ONLY here for Leo.

It's good to see you have ventured beyond ONLY Leo. laughing6
rudyP34
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:13:38 AM

Once, a girl deleted her account while I was chatting with her... I thought it was rude.
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:34:42 AM

i've got 2 friends on here that have gone MIA but they cam back on but are now MIA again. it sucks cause i like talking to them and ready their stories
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:35:36 AM

rudyP34 wrote:
Once, a girl deleted her account while I was chatting with her... I thought it was rude.

Did you remember to accurately lie about your penis size? I never go below 12 inches or so. Like normal cock is frowned upon here.

John-doe
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:54:31 AM

ok i might be jumping the gun here but this is my 2cents worth...

I am a yearling, but i just kinda dissapeared..besides personal troubles i made the mistake of mixing my real life and lush life and thingS spiraled out of control and needed a break...just needed to get the hell out of dodge.

so yeah, we all have our reasons...
Dirty_D
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:14:28 AM

I admit, I am one of those who used to be on here a lot then just dropped off the side of the earth. In my case a change of jobs has left me a bit overwhelmed. Ill be back regularly, itll just be a bit. Like someone said earlier: when things are going well sometimes Lush isnt what is needed.

Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:38:47 AM

I am one that someday will just vanish in a cloud of smoke. To me very few people on a site like this are actually friends. Friendly with each other but friends no. I think the word friend has been overused and had its meaning cheapened. A friend of mine is someone I would die for and someone that would die for me. Needless to say that I will probably never have that type of friendship with someone here. If someone has vanished from here frown for a second, shrug your shoulders, and gone on with life.
rudyP34
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 4:37:53 AM

Magical_felix wrote:

Did you remember to accurately lie about your penis size? I never go below 12 inches or so. Like normal cock is frowned upon here.

Who said I pretended to have a penis?
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:35:17 AM

i have had friends that just up and left with no warning and i had hap let me know he was leaving and no matter how they leave, losing a friend is never easy.

i will really miss hap, he helped make the forums a wonderful place to escape the real world.
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 11:18:09 AM

wotever wrote:
It sucks having paranoid moderators who ban people for no reason at all, or just out of personal bias and whims. That creates lots of unnecessary drama.

I am not talking about Nicola, just in general.

Only a select few administrators — I'm not one of them, fwiw — have the authority to ban members, and it is never done capriciously.

Maggie Rascal
beinggood
Posted: Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:09:32 PM

It sometimes leaves a void especially when they do not say why....Luckily it does not happen often

doing my best to be good..
Catnip
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:36:29 AM

If you have an issue of why you've been banned, then you should use the "contact us" form, not sign up again.
Complaining about it in a public forum will do you no good either.

Who wants to be on a site they've been banned from anyhow, it beats me.

Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 9:17:45 AM

It's simple really. When people don't follow the rules or act like assholes, they get banned.
Why someone would want to keep coming back to where they're not wanted seems like a mental issue to me. evil5
Pixie
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 12:24:57 PM

Quote:
"contact us" means contact that very person who banned me so I don´t think it would work.

They come to me, and I was not the one that banned you.

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥