Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Beautiful / sexy food Options · View
nicola
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 8:39:21 PM

The brilliance of the pink colour of dragonfruit made me try it for the first time today. I'd never seen it before.

It tastes like a cross between kiwi fruit, and fig.

Post your favourite dishes / fruit / vegetables:

Sushi:

GemGeekett
Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 9:15:35 PM

Not a picture, but food related: On Writing about food

I was once told the act of eating and sex are closely related: both invlove the insertion of something warm into one's body, and we get a fulfillment of sorts out of both, and from that deduction, we can only assume that food writing and erotic writing is closely related.
On that note, these are my two favorite genres to write :)

From the forward of MFK Fisher's "Gastronomical Me" - my inspiration/ aspiration:

People ask me: Why do you write about food, and eating and drinking? Why don't you write about the struggle for power and security, and about love, the way others do. They ask it accusingly, as if I were somehow gross, unfaithful to the honor of my craft. The easiest answer is to say that, like most humans, I am hungry. But there is more than that. It seems to me that our three basic needs, for food and security and love are so mixed and mingled and entwined that we cannot straightly think of one without the others. So it happens that when I write of hunger, I am really writing about love and the hunger for it, and warmth and the love of it and the hunger for it..."
Swollen
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:14:46 AM

naturally, accompanied by something cold and crisp, and followed by something hard and hot !
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:10:17 AM

GemGeekett - I was going to say something about "nice passage" but then I knew with you lot I'd be "eaten alive" and it wouldn't "go down" well.

Swollen - yum, we get plenty of that in Sydney. Nice description! I had Sydney rock oysters last week, they were divine.
lensman
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:10:44 PM

love to share...

Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:07:47 PM

I would say my favorite food to say is ... kumquat ... how can ya not think of it in a sexy way love7

In all reality, I have to give my favorite fruit, the ... orange. I have been known to eat so many oranges in a sitting that I smell of orange. flower
GemGeekett
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:17:45 AM

Bumpady Bump - becasue I'm a total food nerd and loves this thread ;)

SigurdOokami
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:34:38 AM

I'm really loving Ramen at the minute, tasty, low in fat and simple and quick to make as well as being something you can adapt and differ for personal tastes. Its the greatest dish

This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol