Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which country would handle better a Zombie invasion? Options · View
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:20:04 AM

If a Walking Dead situation happened in real life, do you think only countries like Japan and Scandinavia would survive? (since they seem to have the best organization in the world)

How would the USA handle it?
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:17:27 AM

That was funny. Ok brainiacs, what say you?
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:16:17 AM

The countries that would survive would probably be ones with low population densities (ie. less population = less zombies), and vast areas of wilderness where you can camp out, subsist on the land (food/water/shelter), easily see the enemy coming and hide out until scientists from the smarter countries come up with a cure in the depths of their zombie-bunker.

Countries where civilians are already well-armed with guns may seem ideal, but mayhem and pandemics also make circumstances ripe for looting/shooting and lawlessness in densely populated cities. You end up worrying about your fellow man, not just the zombies (although metaphorically they are one and the same).

PS. love that show... can't wait for it to start up again.

Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:25:09 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
The countries that would survive would probably be ones with low population densities (ie. less population = less zombies), and vast areas of wilderness where you can camp out, subsist on the land (food/water/shelter), easily see the enemy coming and hide out until scientists from the smarter countries come up with a cure in the depths of their zombie-bunker.

Countries where civilians are already well-armed with guns may seem ideal, but mayhem and pandemics also make circumstances ripe for looting/shooting and lawlessness in densely populated cities. You end up worrying about your fellow man, not just the zombies (although metaphorically they are one and the same).

Dancing Doll - it sounds like you're talking about Canada - eh? Low population densities, vast areas of wilderness, etc. lol
rudyP34
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:34:09 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

If zombies arise and you're leading a faction of surviving humans, I'll follow you.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:35:15 AM

BadBoy69 wrote:

Dancing Doll - it sounds like you're talking about Canada - eh? Low population densities, vast areas of wilderness, etc. lol

It's a well known fact that Canada will save the world one day. thumbup

While all the other countries have been whittling down their armies and military arsenal with meaningless wars, Canada has been stockpiling, training and saving up for the only one that really matters: the Zombie Invasion.

Yep, we're covered. :)

rudyP34
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:42:31 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

It's a well known fact that Canada will save the world one day. thumbup

While all the other countries have been whittling down their armies and military arsenal with meaningless wars, Canada has been stockpiling, training and saving up for the only one that really matters: the Zombie Invasion.

Yep, we're covered. :)

For years, I've been telling people that Canada shows its superiority in the way it lets other countries do what we're too lazy to do ourselves, like war or economy. I can't say we're stockpiling our military resources, but we're definitely saving our energy.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:53:18 AM

rudyP34 wrote:

I can't say we're stockpiling our military resources

Trust me, I know important people on the 'inside'. North Korea and Iran ain't got nothing in Canada. It's all a big smokescreen. We know how to hide our weapons by playing up the guise of being innocent peacekeepers until the big moment when the first Zombie appears. Of course, the first line Canadian infantry will try to point the Zombies south towards our friendly neighbours where the eaten' is better and all the people taste like bacon. geek

rudyP34
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:59:23 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

Trust me, I know important people on the 'inside'. North Korea and Iran ain't got nothing in Canada. It's all a big smokescreen. We know how to hide our weapons by playing up the guise of being innocent peacekeepers until the big moment when the first Zombie appears. Of course, the first line Canadian infantry will try to point the Zombies south towards our friendly neighbours where the eaten' is better and all the people taste like bacon. geek

In my part of canada, if zombies arise, all I have to do is survive till winter. They will all freeze their asses off then.
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:06:00 AM

America would do very well, we are well armed and we can shoot what we aim at. At least I can!

Bring those zombies on!!!!

Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:13:55 AM

In the past, I've driven away zombies by tying a string of snowballs around my neck. When they see this, they run for the hills. And everyone knows that the easiest way to kill a Canadian zombie is to drive an icicle through it's heart.

Bring em on!welcomes
rudyP34
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:21:50 AM

BadBoy69 wrote:
In the past, I've driven away zombies by tying a string of snowballs around my neck. When they see this, they run for the hills. And everyone knows that the easiest way to kill a Canadian zombie is to drive an icicle through it's heart.

Bring em on!welcomes

Somehow, the words "Canadian zombie" sound like the inspiration for a straight-to-dvd movie. On the other hand, I want a blockbuster based on Canada. That would be legendary. I want a sequel for "Canadian Bacon", and I don't even like Michael Moore!
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:40:22 AM

Europe wouldn't stand a chance!

Here in North America I doubt the yankees would last too long and have no doubt the west coast would be zombie territory in a matter of hours but the deep south of the USA would be suicide for zombies. We have more guns, weapons and ammo than you can imagine and we practice shooting all the time. Hey and my money would be on western states like Montana & Wyoming too, and western Canada. God knows what would happen to zombies in Mexico, there are so damn many automatic weapons down there.

I am an enthusiastic NRA member. I own more guns than I can think of right now, and I am not shitting you! I have several swords and combat knives and a large store of ammunition. I think I'd get off on a zombie war! That'd be cool as shit! Die Zombies Die!!!

Don't worry Sprite I'd come out and rescue you.

Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:40:34 AM

So I'm not sure a movie about "Canadian Zombies" would work so well. How would they kill people? With kindness and good manners? Or would they keep apologizing until we couldn't take it anymore...blah5
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:45:11 AM

Either Germany or Japan would last. Both very organised and both very militant!
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:47:58 AM

Lavish - I've been to England and Ireland and I can say from experience that if it came down to a drinking contest in GB the zombies wouldn't stand a chance...
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:48:21 AM

I've already got my zombie apocalypse plan. I'm gonna be whacking those fuds with fish lifts and when that fails, I'll break out the shotguns. All my friends know not to kill me if I get bitten, even if I'm in danger of biting them. I'm definitely gonna survive. I'll just run about Rambo stylee shooting their faces off. BRING IT ON, ZOMBIE FREAKS!!!!!!
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 11:54:30 AM

Yes we do alcohol very well!
SigurdOokami
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:29:37 PM

The country most likely to survive I do believe would be us here in the United Kingdom (See Shaun of the Dead for details)

Also, a few years ago there was a fire bombing attempt at Glasgow Airport, one of the attackers (who was on fire) was punched to the floor by a local man

...The first response to a man covered in flames is to punch him to the ground...zombies?? Not a problem!

This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:29:39 PM

Buz wrote:

Here in North America I doubt the yankees would last too long and have no doubt the west coast would be zombie territory in a matter of hours but the deep south of the USA would be suicide for zombies. We have more guns, weapons and ammo than you can imagine and we practice shooting all the time. Hey and my money would be on western states like Montana & Wyoming too, and western Canada. God knows what would happen to zombies in Mexico, there are so damn many automatic weapons down there.

Dammit!! You take that back, Buz!!! Sword Fight evil4

Buz wrote:
I am an enthusiastic NRA member. I own more guns than I can think of right now, and I am not shitting you! I have several swords and combat knives and a large store of ammunition. I think I'd get off on a zombie war! That'd be cool as shit! Die Zombies Die!!!

Although, I might need your address if the Zombie Apocalypse happens. I hope it's a winter thing.
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:52:03 PM

SigurdOokami wrote:
The country most likely to survive I do believe would be us here in the United Kingdom (See Shaun of the Dead for details)

Also, a few years ago there was a fire bombing attempt at Glasgow Airport, one of the attackers (who was on fire) was punched to the floor by a local man

...The first response to a man covered in flames is to punch him to the ground...zombies?? Not a problem!

hahaha! That was classic. Moral of the story.....don't piss off the scots!
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:02:21 PM

Buz wrote:

Dammit!! You take that back, Buz!!!

Buz wrote:

Curlygirly wrote:

Although, I might need your address if the Zombie Apocalypse happens. I hope it's a winter thing.

hahaha Don't you worry CurlyGurly, I know 'you guys' are just way out of practice, except for maybe those yankees up there in Michigan's upper peninsula. I'll ride up there with some hand picked Okefenokee Swamp boys, in a camouflage hand painted pick up truck full of beer and ammo and we'll protect y'all (our yankee American brothers & sisters) from those damned zombies! Just when it snows I might not want to stay too long! It's nice to visit snow for a couple of days of skiing but staying in it ain't any fun.

SigurdOokami
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:25:53 PM

Lavish wrote:

hahaha! That was classic. Moral of the story.....don't piss off the scots!

Yeah I know, I loved that fact the guy said, ''I kicked him in the bollocks and I were surprised he didn'ee go down.'' when the guy was on fire!! Other shit on your priority list much? haha

This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:46:24 PM

There won't just be former humans who become zombies. There will be zombie cats, dogs, antelope...and bears.

Zombie cattle, pigs, alligators.

We'll all become zombies eventually. Don't you people ever read any Stephen King novels?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:52:54 PM

6 @WMM!!
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 5:37:59 PM

I did some research and I think Stephen King missed it. The Zombies are actually a bunch of Brits and by the look of their poses, possibly gay Brits and even much scarier than I had previously envisioned....

We will need to invent some new weaponry to rid the world of these things!

MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 6:45:01 PM

Buz wrote:
Here in North America I doubt the yankees would last too long and have no doubt the west coast would be zombie territory in a matter of hours but the deep south of the USA would be suicide for zombies. We have more guns, weapons and ammo than you can imagine and we practice shooting all the time. Hey and my money would be on western states like Montana & Wyoming too, and western Canada.

Ever'body knows that when the zombies come, our best defense will be to publish a cookbook and tell all the rednecks that zombies taste like chicken...
beowulf69
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 8:49:38 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

Ever'body knows that when the zombies come, our best defense will be to publish a cookbook and tell all the rednecks that zombies taste like chicken...

Since I am a redneck I'll have my zombies deep fried!

My first story for Lush is posted, The Goodbye Fuck.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/the-goodbye-fuck.aspx
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:02:59 PM

First off, I can't wait for the Walking Dead to come back (I am slightly addicted to the show, but who wouldn't be? This is also the reason I met the actor who plays Jim)

I think the US would do pretty well actually considering a lot of people here are well armed but it also depends on the area of the US, because I kind of think that people around my city (who don't turn into Zombies) would turn on each other (i.e like shane when he shot Otis). I know my weapon of choice would of course be a crossbow (Daryl is my favorite and that is his weapon of choice haha)
Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:19:20 PM

beowulf69 wrote:

Since I am a redneck I'll have my zombies deep fried!

Batter dipped?