Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

European Union's ACTA even more invasive than SOPA/PIPA? Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 5:55:19 PM

January 27, 2012: CopyrightAlliance.org down hard after Anonymous hacking?

As an American, if I only relied on that news which was spooned to me by my domestic networks, newspapers or cable news - I would not be aware of this.

And that, is one of the real goals of ACTA and SOPA. To cut me off from the rest of you, because I need to be protected. Fuck a bunch of that noise.

The real goals are to silence us and ostracize us and make us all as ill informed and controlled as those in North Korea, have always been.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
charmbrights
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:43:40 AM

Just face up to the facts.

The government is made up of people who want to rule your country and your life.

Anything they can do (and get away with) to increase that power, they will do.

The joyful embracing of the internet for business and social interaction gives them an unprecedented opportunity to amass information covertly.

Therefore they will use it.

I recall thirty years ago people were objecting strongly to different departments of the UK government computerising their records on the grounds that data could then be correlated between, for example, personal tax raising departments and company regulating departments so that the tax man could check on your income direct with the company records. It didn't stop any of them then, and public outcry won't stop them now.

If these new laws don't pass, then governments will simply add the same provisions to the detailed licence regulations (no discussion in the legislature) under existing laws. The stupidity of legislators is actually demonstrated by them trying to do this openly in the first place.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
Buz
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 6:01:47 AM

The European Union is an evil monster just biding its time to do become a total autocratic government. One small step at a time until there is total subjugation

charmbrights
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 9:55:18 AM

Buz wrote:
The European Union is an evil monster just biding its time to do become a total autocratic government. ...
Wrong - most EU law starts as Directives written and promulgated by the unelected Commission, and enforced by the self-perpetuating European Court of Justice (ECJ) which adds up to "a total autocratic government".

Now the latest treaty is outwith the existing rules, but will go through without significant protest. Since the treaty is not unanimously supported it cannot be part of the EU law, but since 25 of the 27 countries have agreed it is effective, though not able to be challenged by the other two, since it would have to be challenged at the ECJ, which would be tantamount to admitting that the treaty was a part of EU law.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.