Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

is it too much? is there too much? Options · View
amber
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:26:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/24/2010
Posts: 506
Location: New Mexico, United States

Ok, so my boyfriend knows that I want to buy some very nice panties that I have wanted for months and that Dancing Doll found for me.

When he saw what I was looking for, Mike couldn't understand why I need so many panties and he actually went thru my lingerie drawers and counted what I had. I really wasn't upset that he did this because I have been meaning to sort it all out for months and this gave me the opportunity to better organize my dresser.

Anyways it turns out I have 84 pairs of panties.

So, of course he pointed out that I wouldn't have to wear the same ones for 3 months. Guys don't seem to understand that this is ridiculous. I will go thru several a day, often 4 or 5. Dressing for class, sometimes change them after I get home if I have been bored and fantasizing about some professors or students, after working out and showering, dressing for work. Then there is after cleaning up after sex and maybe even putting on a different sexier pair before. Usually, I don't wear any to sleep, but, if I do, there is another one.

Even then, I guess I have more than is "needed", but damnit, I like having them. I like the choice, I like that I can get what fits my mood or outfit at the time rather than what is clean.

And I like getting new ones if I see some that I really like.

So, is 84 pairs of panties (well 85 after I get the ones I have been wanting) too much? Is there such thing as too many? How many do you have?


edited: Guys you can answer too. How many does your girlfriend/wife have and do you think it's too much? How many pairs of underwear do you have?



beowulf69
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:30:51 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/24/2011
Posts: 250
Location: Cocoa Beach, United States
Maybe you should donate some panties to Goodwill and go commando some days. 6

My first story for Lush is posted, The Goodbye Fuck.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/the-goodbye-fuck.aspx
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:34:59 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 20,278
Location: My Tower, Spain
i think 86 would be too many, 85 is about the right amount - if you get another, you have to toss (or give away to a lucky lushie!) one pair. *giggles*



Love not hate.
Bunny12
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:50:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 1,033
Location: My own little world, United States
When it comes to sexy lingerie - panties or anything else there is NO such thing as too much! bunny

Bunny12


Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
DLizze
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:04:18 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/23/2011
Posts: 2,569
It is good have extras. BUt you should keep about twenty pairs soiled at all times. That way, if you ever get kidnapped, your S.O. (or family, if you happen to be unattached at the time) can sell them on eBay, to raise the ransom money. evil4

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:05:41 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
Bunny12 wrote:
When it comes to sexy lingerie - panties or anything else there is NO such thing as too much! bunny


To me underwear is like shoes you can never have enough!
Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:18:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,394
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
I have well over 100 pairs of panties/thongs/g-strings, way over! Some I wear often, some once in a while. I am sure I have some I have never worn yet. And I believe you cant have too many. I just love lingerie. As a matter of fact, I ordered the same ones you are talking about (along with a few other things too), I think they are so sexy. When ever I am out shopping, I am drawn to the lingerie stores. I dont always buy anything but love to look and see if something catches my eye.

If it is something you like, why does he have an issue with it?

I am sure he has way too much of something right. Do you care about that?

BTW, ever wonder why it is called a pair of panties when it is just one? HAHA
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:27:21 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 7,214
Location: Your dirty fantasy
Not to sound like a crack dealer here... but... have you ever tried the line of Hanky Panty low-rise thongs? If not.... you should try them. You'll really like them. *looks around shiftily*... the first one is always free. clown

Hehe

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. If out of 84 panties you haven't tried this brand, you may end up hitting the coveted triple-digit mark before long.

I used to be a bit of a panty-whore, but then I found the perfect 'everyday' style of panty and haven't really been that tempted since. Then again, I have a ridiculous number of Hanky Pankys in an endless assortment of collectible colours and there seems to be a must-have new shade of hot pink with every season's colour range.

I do have others - cute boyshorts, fancy La Perla, and Vic-Secret cheekies etc, but the Hankys are my addiction and pretty much the only thing any of the girls in my circle of friends wears anymore too (they make the perfect random bday gift for friends because they are one-size-fits-all... or uhm.. "most".. lol).

I say... if you want to have your panties... have them. They are like purses and shoes. They're fun things that make us happy and go with everything. And who can deny the little rush you get when you pull on a pair of sexy never-worn brand new panties. Indulge, indulge! And I'll see you in panty rehab later... Shhh

http://www.hankypanky.com/Signature-Lace-Low-Rise-Thong


Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:35:02 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
Amber is this really about panties? Or is it really about control.

I have many sets of lingerie and still I do not were undies every day. If the mood calls for Lingerie I wear it. Or if my husband or special friend wants me in Lingerie I wear it. But I could not imagine my husband going through my undies draw exept to pick something he would like me to wear.

If 85 pairs is an extravagance for you and your guy, it may 86 or 87 by the time you read this. That is one thing and the extravagance is creating a strain on your finances he maybe justified in his view.

But if not he needs to understand that girls need thing like this and if he wants what he wants this kind of control does not make girls more receptive.
Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:45:09 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,394
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Not to sound like a crack dealer here... but... have you ever tried the line of Hanky Panty low-rise thongs? If not.... you should try them. You'll really like them. *looks around shiftily*... the first one is always free. clown

Hehe

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. If out of 84 panties you haven't tried this brand, you may end up hitting the coveted triple-digit mark before long.

I used to be a bit of a panty-whore, but then I found the perfect 'everyday' style of panty and haven't really been that tempted since. Then again, I have a ridiculous number of Hanky Pankys in an endless assortment of collectible colours and there seems to be a must-have new shade of hot pink with every season's colour range.

I do have others - cute boyshorts, fancy La Perla, and Vic-Secret cheekies etc, but the Hankys are my addiction and pretty much the only thing any of the girls in my circle of friends wears anymore too (they make the perfect random bday gift for friends because they are one-size-fits-all... or uhm.. "most".. lol).

I say... if you want to have your panties... have them. They are like purses and shoes. They're fun things that make us happy and go with everything. And who can deny the little rush you get when you pull on a pair of sexy never-worn brand new panties. Indulge, indulge! And I'll see you in panty rehab later... Shhh

http://www.hankypanky.com/Signature-Lace-Low-Rise-Thong


OMG, Just what I needed. More panties to buy, 200 here I come, LOL!! And I just love the color choices.

Are they truly one-size fits all? I have tried others before and they always seem to be too loose on me.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:55:10 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 7,214
Location: Your dirty fantasy
Nikki703 wrote:


OMG, Just what I needed. More panties to buy, 200 here I come, LOL!! And I just love the color choices.

Are they truly one-size fits all? I have tried others before and they always seem to be too loose on me.


They truly are one-size-fits all. Go with 'low-rise' if you're short-waisted, slim or petite and a bigger or taller girl should go with 'regular rise'. They are literally the most comfortable thing you will ever wear. And yeah, the colour choices appeal to the little girl in me. LOL It's like candy!

They sell them at all the good department stores too... Holt Renfrew in Canada and most lingerie boutiques. Not sure in the US, but I'd assume Saks, Barney's, Macy's etc. They are extremely popular and quite a well-known brand over the past few years.


Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:03:06 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,394
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Dancing_Doll wrote:


They truly are one-size-fits all. Go with 'low-rise' if you're short-waisted, slim or petite and a bigger or taller girl should go with 'regular rise'. They are literally the most comfortable thing you will ever wear. And yeah, the colour choices appeal to the little girl in me. LOL It's like candy!

They sell them at all the good department stores too... Holt Renfrew in Canada and most lingerie boutiques. Not sure in the US, but I'd assume Saks, Barney's, Macy's etc. They are extremely popular and quite a well-known brand over the past few years.


Thanks, You sold me, HAHA!!

More credit card bills, oh WTF, they are going on something very precious, LOL!!!
latinfoxy
Posted: Wednesday, February 8, 2012 3:31:45 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/5/2011
Posts: 819
Location: Here
I have no idea how many pairs i own but im pretty sure the number is very high and last week i bought several more!! Come on you cant have enough panties!! The equation of how many panties you need is NOT an exact science lol. its the same as when you are going away for a weekend, yes that is 2 nights but you always (or at least i do) pack at least 10 pairs!!!

their are somethings guys have no say on, how many pair of shoes, or panties, or rings, or earings, or purses, you have. They just dont get it!!

I say put some holes (not in the right places *giggles*) to one of your panties and put them on, when your guy complains, that those are some very ugly panties you tell him you were just following his advise on not getting new ones!! evil4

Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:43:39 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
Well I think you need 4 more pair. A guy on here told me "eight" is a lucky number in Chinese haha so you should have 88 pair. Hey relax. My mom has tons of lingerie and if you asked her to count it all she'd blush for damn sure. Look some girls have a million shoes, others lingerie, some like stuffed animals and shit....whatever. Panties are cute and fun and you should have as many pairs as you want. Guys like cars. Well panties are quite a bit cheaper than an M5 BMW and the shit they like haha.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:59:08 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
Well personally I agree you should like "re-cycle" some haha. Just buy new ones and chuck the old ones. Keep like 50 pair of "active" panties and chuck the rest. 84 would seriously confuse me? I'd never make it to the club, I'd still be sorting my panties. Don't listen to Crissy she never has enough lingerie. Her and her mom could open their own store haha.
Smoocher
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:07:08 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/30/2011
Posts: 5,263
Location: United States
OOOKKKKKAAAAAAYYYY....I'm gonna hang by a thread on this one. I saw the price for what DOLL put up....and discounted DOWN to 15.00 for a guesstimate average of what 84 panties might be. Do the happy math yourself...that's $1260.00!! O....M....G!!

Well...SPRITE might need more...she's wearing black today!!

Rick....an old tightwad from prehistoric times!!

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/exit-33-trust.aspx

Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:13:05 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
WHR43 wrote:
Amber is this really about panties? Or is it really about control.

I have many sets of lingerie and still I do not were undies every day. If the mood calls for Lingerie I wear it. Or if my husband or special friend wants me in Lingerie I wear it. But I could not imagine my husband going through my undies draw except to pick something he would like me to wear.

If 85 pairs is an extravagance for you and your guy, it may 86 or 87 by the time you read this. That is one thing and the extravagance is creating a strain on your finances he maybe justified in his view.

But if not he needs to understand that girls need thing like this and if he wants what he wants this kind of control does not make girls more receptive.


OOPS Whitney said it right on the nose
1Zratedgal
Posted: Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:32:20 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/1/2011
Posts: 703
Location: Northern California, United States
Okay, I hardly ever wear panties or thongs unless I have to.
For example, a public beach or club.
But there is never enough lingerie to have and choose for the right occasion!
When I choose to wear a thong, it is usually one of my favorite pearl strand thongs that ride up just where I like it!

With that said, I have well over 150 bras of different varieties and styles.
Does that make me a bad girl?

Only when I want to be!

Kisses!

Steph
Guest
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 2:04:13 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
haha this is a hilarious thread....omg. I'm gonna go count my mom's panties and bras right away....I swear she has more than 84? Well 150 bras is pretty serious Steph, but hey, you're right....guys collect wine and watches and shit. My dad has some bottles of wine that are over a thousand bucks? Seriously when can you have enough lingerie? Whitney is right. Unless you really don't have the $$$ then spend it on what makes you happy.
RobHarper
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 4:47:08 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 11/10/2011
Posts: 34
Location: United States
My wife has a plethera of sexy undies, but I wish she'd change them as often as you! Every time you change undies you should take a picture, then at the end of the day show them all to him at once. If I were him I'd probably forget any argument at that point!
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 7:44:29 AM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 7,214
Location: Your dirty fantasy
asleep wrote:
OOOKKKKKAAAAAAYYYY....I'm gonna hang by a thread on this one. I saw the price for what DOLL put up....and discounted DOWN to 15.00 for a guesstimate average of what 84 panties might be. Do the happy math yourself...that's $1260.00!! O....M....G!!


But it's all relative. If you started tallying my shoe and handbag collection, you'd see that the amount paid for an entire collection of panties is a bargain! evil4


Nikki703
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 7:55:49 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,394
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Dancing_Doll wrote:


But it's all relative. If you started tallying my shoe and handbag collection, you'd see that the amount paid for an entire collection of panties is a bargain! evil4


Same with me. Between lingerie, shoes and boots, I shudder to think of how much I spent. But it isnt like I spent it all at one time so it really isnt that noticable.

But its the same with anything you like. My sisters BF has 22 fishing rods and God knows how much other fishing stuff. Sounds a little crazy to me, but he enjoys fishing so to him it makes sense. I enjoy looking and feeling sexy!!
Guest
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:04:13 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Not to sound like a crack dealer here... but... have you ever tried the line of Hanky Panty low-rise thongs? If not.... you should try them. You'll really like them. *looks around shiftily*... the first one is always free. clown

Hehe

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. If out of 84 panties you haven't tried this brand, you may end up hitting the coveted triple-digit mark before long.

I used to be a bit of a panty-whore, but then I found the perfect 'everyday' style of panty and haven't really been that tempted since. Then again, I have a ridiculous number of Hanky Pankys in an endless assortment of collectible colours and there seems to be a must-have new shade of hot pink with every season's colour range.

I do have others - cute boyshorts, fancy La Perla, and Vic-Secret cheekies etc, but the Hankys are my addiction and pretty much the only thing any of the girls in my circle of friends wears anymore too (they make the perfect random bday gift for friends because they are one-size-fits-all... or uhm.. "most".. lol).

I say... if you want to have your panties... have them. They are like purses and shoes. They're fun things that make us happy and go with everything. And who can deny the little rush you get when you pull on a pair of sexy never-worn brand new panties. Indulge, indulge! And I'll see you in panty rehab later... Shhh

http://www.hankypanky.com/Signature-Lace-Low-Rise-Thong


Good god DD - first Lelo and now THIS????

Dammit it woman, yu are turning me into a proper girlie!!!

(I'll let you know how I get on!!! There's no such thing as 'free BTW)

;) evil4
Buz
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:07:44 AM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 9,592
Location: Atlanta, United States
I have a lot of Looney Tunes boxer shorts (Yosemite Sam is my favorite) and even some camo boxers. Actually, I have over a half dozen pairs of GA Bulldog boxer shorts to wear to football games in the fall. Go Dawgs! Sic 'Em! Woof! Woof! My wife bought me some silk boxer shorts but they feel a little too good when I am wearing them and I have to walk around with my laptop in front of me at work to hide the fact that I am pitching a tent. So I rarely wear those silk ones. But all total I am sure I don't have anything like 80 pairs of drawers. Even if you toss in my jock straps I bet no more than 40.

I have no doubt that my wife has 80 pairs of panties. All sheer!!!! She has thongs, low rise, boy short, lacy, french cut, crotchless, I guess everything imaginable, except granny panties. I've been thinking of tying some of her panties together to make a kite tail when I go kite flying over at Piedmont Park.




Nikki703
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:09:37 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,394
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Mazza wrote:


Good god DD - first Lelo and now THIS????

Dammit it woman, yu are turning me into a proper girlie!!!

(I'll let you know how I get on!!! There's no such thing as 'free BTW)

;) evil4


HAHA!! She sold me on these panties too. I found a local dept store that has them and I am going tonight. What's another pair or five of panties anyhow, LOL!!

BTW, if they are as addictive as Lelo, Im in trouble!!
Buz
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:13:57 AM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 9,592
Location: Atlanta, United States
Just say NO to granny panties!



Join the NO GRANNY PANTIES movement. Caps, t-shirts and bumper stickers available!




Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:22:43 AM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 7,214
Location: Your dirty fantasy
Nikki703 wrote:


HAHA!! She sold me on these panties too. I found a local dept store that has them and I am going tonight. What's another pair or five of panties anyhow, LOL!!

BTW, if they are as addictive as Lelo, Im in trouble!!


lol... the retail economy should thank me for posting on Lush... evil4

Let me know what you think of them, Nikki!

Incidentally - Victoria's Secret has tried to rip off the original Hanky Panky design with their own copycat line, but I find the quality to be sub-par. But you know when when Vic-Secret is copying it, Hanky's genuinely are something special. :)


Buz
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 11:02:24 AM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 9,592
Location: Atlanta, United States
Ashleigh you should start your own line of panties. The Dancing Doll panty line. That would be a great marketable name for panties, lingerie, dance apparel and even shoes. If its not trade marked you'd be perfect to be the face of such a company.




1curiouscat
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 11:09:39 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/25/2011
Posts: 1,150
Location: São Paulo , Brazil
Buz wrote:
Ashleigh you should start your own line of panties. The Dancing Doll panty line. That would be a great marketable name for panties, lingerie, dance apparel and even shoes. If its not trade marked you'd be perfect to be the face of such a company.


I second that!

DD, If you need some investors have your people talk to my people... we can work soemhting out.



Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
Guest
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 6:12:17 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
I agree, I think the DD panty range could really take off!! lol

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.