Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Father punishes daughter for her rant on Facebook. Options · View
secretjanedoe
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 6:08:14 PM

I'm glad it went viral! What a little snot! I want to know her reaction to this!

Ladies and Gentleman I Give You My Pussy: http://www.lushstories.com/secretjanedoe
Ruthie
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 6:36:09 PM

The dad seems a little worked up to me. It's all about his ego really. No wonder the daughter has issues. A father who disciplines with a .45 shouldn't be on anyone's list of best parents. He way overreacted to the situation. He should have handled it in private. The dad needs counseling before he seriously hurts somebody. I got really pissed at my parents sometimes, and thank God they didn't punish me for the rest of my childhood because of any one immature outburst. This guy is keeping his daughter off the computer until she's grown up and moved away for a momentary lapse in judgment.

What she did wasn't some horrendous crime, it was a teenage girl acting out because she felt like her parents were too demanding. Her father overreacted. The two of them may be fine, but I agree with Dancing Doll that something not good is likely to come out of making him out to be a hero. There are lots of kids being abused at home. As soon as the gun came out this went from discipline to abuse. It makes me wonder what goes on when they are in private.

Ruthie
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 6:40:17 PM

Nikki703 wrote:
Well I guess I too am in the minority. As a parent, I think what the daughter did was pretty childish and I can understand the father being upset about it. But he could have, no should have dealt with it in private. The guy may be a good parent, I dont know if he is or isnt, but to do that was just as childish as what his daughter did. Maybe the acorn doesnt roll to far from the tree.

I see a reality show coming from this!!!

A reality show wouldn't surprise me. Does everything have to be public? He's an adult. If he behaves with this kind of immaturity on a regular basis, it's no wonder his daughter acts out.
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 6:40:36 PM

Yeah, if he thinks he is ever getting any respect from now on, he has another thing coming. She is going to hate him. It should have been dealt with privately, this is extremely immature. He had a *gun* enough said.
tomc82d
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 7:25:42 PM

I don't blame the man she disrespected her parents first and told the world about it on facebook. If she wanted it to be kept private then she shouldn't have made it public first. Lets read the letter she put on facebook for everyone (not private) to read......

To my parents: I'm not your damn slave. It's not my responsibility to clean up your [expletive]. We have a cleaning lady for a reason. Her name is Linda, not Hannah.If you want coffee, get off your [expletive] and get it yourself. If you want a garden, shovel the fertilizer yourself, don't sit back on your [expletive] and watch me do it. If you walk in the house and get mud all over the floor that I just cleaned, be my guest, but clean it up after you are done getting [expletive] everywhere. I'm tired of picking up after you. You tell me at least once a day to get a job.You could just pay me for all the [expletive] I do around the house.Every day when I get home from school, I have to do dishes, clean the counter tops, all the floors, make all the beds, do the laundry and get the trash. I'm not even going to mention all the work I do around your clinic. And if I don't do that every day, I get grounded. Do you know how hard it is to keep up with chores and schoolwork? It's freakin' crazy.I go to sleep every night at ten o'clock because I am too tired to stay up any longer and do anything else, I have to get up at five in the morning, to get ready for school. On the weekends, I have to sleep with my door locked so my little brother won't come get me up at six.I'm tired of this [expletive]. Next time I have to pour a cup of coffee, I'm going to flip [expletive], I have no idea how I have a life. I'm going to hate to see the day when you get too old to wipe your [expletive] and you call me, asking for help. I won't be there. Signed, Your Pissed Kid

Now who is the disrespectful one? If you ask me she got exactly what she deserved.

Veni, vidi, vici" Julius Caesar 47 BC
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 8:34:11 PM

I agree with secetjanedoe...kids are not showing respect anymore!!
man_o_fire
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 9:48:26 PM

I am actually glad to see that he followed through with his threat from the first incident. He told her what would happen the next time she posted a rant like that on FaceBook. The 3 months of grounding didn't work so he shot the laptop just like he told her he would. The video was just an added bonus.

I am not a parent but I have played a parenting/mom's boyfriend role before. Children today are very disrespectful and need way more discipline from their parents.
nicola
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 10:33:26 PM

I think it was a moronic, senseless act.

You can imagine her seeing that video, going and getting his 45, and doing the same to him while he sleeps...
crickeydick
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 10:52:43 PM

The guy is still dealing with a child so is forbearance and personal engagement no a more rewarding strategy... (in my opinion this has been about two children having a lovers spat) I think the issue is deeper than the posts, why are they unable to communicate better on a personal level?
Nikki703
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 1:32:32 AM

This whole thing has "balloon boy" written all over it!! A set up to get a reality show. Wouldnt shock me in the least bit!!
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:23:52 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
He could have easily had this same conversation with her privately, and just taken away her computer and stored it until everyone was in a calm/rational place again.

Blowing his fuse publicly where it's now become a viral youtube video, humiliating her in front of her peers and the world, and taking a loaded weapon and unloading it into a computer is far more immature than what she posted on her facebook wall. Kids these days are committing suicide over social humiliation that occurs over FB, twitter and myspace. As well, this is more like revenge instead of punishment.

This is his child... not his peer.

I agree. I think only a retard could deliverately put his own daughter as a target online, it's just a matter of time this incident lures all sorts of freaks and stalkers to the girl.

This girl most likely will end up having a trauma.
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:26:41 AM

Nikki703 wrote:
This whole thing has "balloon boy" written all over it!! A set up to get a reality show. Wouldnt shock me in the least bit!!

I can´t listen to what the guy says because my audio is broken, but judging by his body language, and the comments on the thread, I'd say there's something really fishy here. I hope it's a hoax, because it's hard to believe a father could do that to his own daughter.
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:33:59 AM

hahahahahahaha.
had fun watching that. my girlfriend nearly fell over laughing when he pulled out the gun.
serves her right if i was ever disrespectfull to my mum my dad would beat me. word of truth.
nicola
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:50:54 AM

The more I think about it, the more I think:

a: he actually has no daughter and made it all up

b: he thinks he can make a viral video and some coin from youtube in the process

That is all.
sam_kind
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 4:35:07 AM

nicola wrote:
The more I think about it, the more I think:

a: he actually has no daughter and made it all up

b: he thinks he can make a viral video and some coin from youtube in the process

That is all.

I hope you're right and it's just a hoax.

If it's real I wonder if it will teach the lesson he intended. Your parents are the people, who have most influence on you and you grow up copying their behaviour. It sounds like the girl's initial Face Book messages were like mini versions of how the father might respond, having seen the video.

At best he might push her into compliance but I don't think that's the same thing as respect.
lafayettemister
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:58:35 AM

culisimo wrote:

I agree. I think only a retard could deliverately put his own daughter as a target online, it's just a matter of time this incident lures all sorts of freaks and stalkers to the girl.

This girl most likely will end up having a trauma

Most likely she will not. See my previous post where she is quoted..... "Dude..it's only a computer. I mean, yeah I'm mad but pfft." She seems pretty well adjusted to me.

Furthermore....

February 10, 2012 11:46 PM ET

Follow @Zap2itRick on Twitter
A North Carolina man punishing his daughter for a Facebook rant -- by shooting her computer -- intended to send his video message to the 450 or so people on his daughter's friend list. He hit that mark, then surpassed it by about 4 million more people.

Tommy Jordan posted an 8-minute video on YouTube earlier this week after finding a Facebook post in which his 15-year-old daughter aired complaints about her parents, the chores she has to do and other concerns, including the phrase "I'm not your slave."

In the video (which contains some NSFW language), Jordan expresses his disappointment with his daughter, takes apart the Facebook post (which he found while upgrading her laptop) and then proceeds to empty a clip from his .45-caliber handgun into the computer. As of this post, the video had received more than 3.7 million views.

It's also made Jordan an unwilling media star. His own Facebook wall has filled up with thousands of comments in the past few days, attracting a mix of praise and vitriol. He's tried to channel the notoriety into raising money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and reports having raised more than $3,000 "post-viral."

Jordan also responded to a reporter's questions publicly, saying that he and his daughter came to a "semi-truce" after she found out what he did. "I had no idea it would become what it did," he writes.

"She's seen first-hand through this video the worst possible scenario that can happen. One post, made by her Dad, will probably follow him the rest of his life; just like those mean things she said on Facebook will stick with the people her words hurt for a long time to come," Jordan adds. "Once you put it out there, you can't take it back, so think carefully before you use the Internet to broadcast your thoughts and feelings."

Jordan also says he and his family won't try to extend their online fame. "We're not going to go on your talk show, not going to call in to your radio show, and not going to be in your TV mini-series. ... [T]here's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this. It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's now how I was raised, nor how she has been raised."

So what do you think, both of the video and how he's handled the media blowup?
=========================

He knows his kid. If she were an easily depressed or troubled kid on the edge, he wouldn't have done this. But he knows his kid is strong and strong willed and that she would see the value of what he was doing. Father and daughter are fine. It's a minor blip on the radar of life. All parents have blown up at their kids. This guy was just smart enough or dumb enough, depending on your perspective, to do it on camera.

We can't apply to a situation like this.... "If he had done this to me....." He didn't do it to any of us. He did it to his seemingly well adjusted daughter that HE knows inside and out. Let's not lump him in with all the horrible parents out there that don't care enough to actually do something. I guarantee there are millions of teens out there that would love to have parents that love them enough to do something like this.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
winky
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:28:33 AM

i should be really thankful my parents arent like him. ive fucked up many times bigger then just ranting on facebook and my parents have never shot my computer.. damn. thats crazy!
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:27:27 AM

lafayettemister wrote:

He knows his kid. If she were an easily depressed or troubled kid on the edge, he wouldn't have done this. But he knows his kid is strong and strong willed and that she would see the value of what he was doing. Father and daughter are fine. It's a minor blip on the radar of life. All parents have blown up at their kids. This guy was just smart enough or dumb enough, depending on your perspective, to do it on camera.

We can't apply to a situation like this.... "If he had done this to me....." He didn't do it to any of us. He did it to his seemingly well adjusted daughter that HE knows inside and out. Let's not lump him in with all the horrible parents out there that don't care enough to actually do something. I guarantee there are millions of teens out there that would love to have parents that love them enough to do something like this.

Right again. I still think he's a good parent and did what he knew would work for his daughter. At least he is being a parent and not the kids buddy or friend. This kid is in no way going to be "traumatized" over this for the rest of her life.
VanGogh
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 1:06:36 PM

culisimo wrote:

I hope it's a hoax, because it's hard to believe a father could do that to his own daughter.

He didn't shoot HER! He only followed through with his own threat from before by shooting the laptop.

There are a lot of parents out there that are Applause at his follow through. His daughter is ungrateful. Everyone can agree on that. And I am sure everyone can agree that, perhaps, sharing this on youtube wasn't the smartest thing going.

Parenting is a tough gig - the kids (each one different) do not come with manuals, unfortunately. What works with one child, may not work with another. Bless the individuals we all are.

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting withThe Secretary and The Student - first part with a Famous Story - over 30,000 views! woohoo!

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office with over 10,000 views! woohoo!

SydneySider
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:12:28 PM

The kids of today are spoilt rotten. Its pathetic. I see the things that my nephews have, that other kids in my family have and what other kids in general have and what it comes with it is a total lack of respect for the parents. Im not sure what the laws are in your corner of the world, but here Im pretty sure its against the law to whoop the ass of your child, at least in public. What the fuck is that all about?? No wonder kids are out of control. When I was young, if I fucked up, my parents would unleash a world of pain on my ass. Even in school, it was a cane across the hand or the ass, and it worked. At school, it was enough to scare kids straight, even the most rebellious. These days, the best you can do is take away certain privileges which may inflict some pain, but really, it wont be enough of a reminder to not do the same thing again. I think the bullets through the laptop was a little over the top. He could have ridden over it with a ride on mower (far less violent), but he had to pull a gun out and shoot it. Only in america. Ultimately, he would have been better off wiping everything and walking into Goodwill or something and recording him donating the computer to charity. All he did there was toss several hundreds of dollars down the tube and its now useless to anyone. Bravo for taking a stand, I just think it could have been done without the use of a weapon.

Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:40:40 PM

Seems to me this guy is on his own ego trip and the apple didn't far fall from the tree. It was noted before that there are probably many more things to lose your sanity over than a face book posting. But, now that he has asserted his manhood, and shown everybody his shiny penis, he probably feels a lot better.

I watched his other vids, and this one in comparison is striking. So he was so irate that he got nicely dressed, donned his cowboy hat, set the computer in place, got his plantation chair just right, lit up his smoke, and did his best James Dean (nod to Mellencamp)?

Stop buying her all that stuff. Tell her to get a job, and if she doesn't then no more expensive toys (period). I would hope that ongoing dialogue with your offspring will also be on the menu. The only thing that would change my mind on that is if she's an exceptional student and he's told her to concentrate on school, then stop bitching about her bitching, she's a kid, you're a grown man. Kids are disrespectful, but you usually have to earn it, and not just by buying things. True values go beyond monetary value.

I got 20 says they're back to hijinx within the year.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:40:31 PM

All you folks who are participating in Nicola's contest could take a lesson in attention whoring from PissedOffVideoDad.

My parents were believers in corporal punishment. As a result... I was a believer in them! evil4 But my folks never aired the dirty laundry, you know what I mean? And I never felt abused.

Thank gawd the internet and all this technology wasn't invented and in widespread use when I was kid. I'm sure I'd have become even more dysfunctional than I currently am. The temptations would've been serious.

I am reminded of this line from Cosby's stand up routine, but I prefer this clip for the overall context.

POVD is either a cagey viral video producer or he's one monumentally stupid son of a bitch.
In any event it was good for a passing and quickly forgotten chuckle.

The Internet FTW again!

*Note: Following Ev's advice I viewed a few more of POVD's youtube videos. He's definitely monumentally stupid.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
DirtyMartini
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:14:55 PM

Btw, speaking of Facebook and drama...someone posted this earlier over on, um...Facebook...

And am I the only one who can somehow imagine this sign in red with the name of another famous site?

Ah...just saying...happy8

You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

Ruthie
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:58:22 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
All you folks who are participating in Nicola's contest could take a lesson in attention whoring from PissedOffVideoDad.

My parents were believers in corporal punishment. As a result... I was a believer in them! evil4 But my folks never aired the dirty laundry, you know what I mean? And I never felt abused.

It's the fact that he made it so public that makes him seem mentally unbalanced. He says he's a real IT expert so he must have been aware that the video would go viral. Who in their right mind would want the world to know that they had this kind of relationship with their kid?

My parents kept my punishments inside the house too. I'm not sure I'd have ever forgiven them if they had aired our dirty laundry so publicly. My punishments always had an end too, a time when everything was forgiven and moved past. Her punishment seems to be going to last the rest of her childhood.
Dirty_D
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:20:00 PM

Every person is an individual , and we dont know enough about either the child or the parent to judge them.

my daughters each react very different to different types of punishment.

When I was growing up if I acted up in public, I got punished in public.
Sirene_Jaune
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 4:43:34 AM

I have watched it again and thought about it.

Hannah had already disrespected Tommy before this and had a hefty grounding. Which he said he warned her the next time she acted up he would do something drastic.

So I'm thinking that Hannah is one of those teens that think because they are a teen, they can act like an adult. By posting that rant about being a "slave" to her friends she is just venting but by her language she went overline.

Making her humliate Tommy, his wife and ex-wife to look like a fool. Tommy took desperate measures by making a vlog and yes shoting her laptop to humliate her worldwide.

Was Tommy being extreme? Yes. Should he have went a different way? Maybe. Teens and kids today get away with everything because parents are soft on them. I know when I was a teen my mother learnt to control me or reign me in by using and saying things she knew would embarrass me or make me thinking "Gee I don't want to turn out like so and so because they are ...."
That is how I was disciplined. However when I was a child if I did something extremely bad I was flogged with the jug cord twice and I didn't do it again.

Axl - Take a look at our piercing menu.

Daria - I don't think that's how you spell "uvula."

Axl - That's not "uvula."

mercianknight
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 8:49:23 AM

Cool debate guys ... it's what makes Lush such fun.

In case there was any doubt by the way, I so totally support the Dad in this one and my thanks go out to Chef (of course), Dude & Wolverine for so eloquently putting the case for the parent. thumbup

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 12:55:48 PM

sprite
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 12:59:11 PM

mercianknight wrote:
Cool debate guys ... it's what makes Lush such fun.

In case there was any doubt by the way, I so totally support the Dad in this one and my thanks go out to Chef (of course), Dude & Wolverine for so eloquently putting the case for the parent. thumbup

just wait until i shoot your shit up, Knight! drunken ;)

Live, love, laugh.
mercianknight
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2012 2:05:31 PM

sprite wrote:

just wait until i shoot your shit up, Knight! drunken ;)

If I thought for one second that you could benefit from my chivalric guidance then I can assure you that I would not waste time nor money shooting your lap top - I have better aspirations for where I want to shoot you bates

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw