Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Stolen Work? Options · View
Shylass
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:40:16 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
GemGeekett wrote:
I think they're ripping stories off "Lit" as well...I'm over there now and there's a story titled 'What I learned on Lit"

In the interest of "All for One, One for all" of "actual" writing sites, should we let them know??


I think it may be kind to. I didn't want another account, I'm not comfortable with stuff like this (Lush is more than I can handle already!), but if people already have accounts or contacts there, I think it would be good.




*Edit* Okay, so I posted in all the discussions. Waiting to be deleted now. angel7 Maybe one of the (real?) members will see and choose a proper non-thieving git site.


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Shylass
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:26:46 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
Just filled in one of those weirdy Google report thingies. I think. dontknow

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:33:52 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,184
Location: In the bluebells., United Kingdom
GemGeekett wrote:
I think they're ripping stories off "Lit" as well...I'm over there now and there's a story titled 'What I learned on Lit"

In the interest of "All for One, One for all" of "actual" writing sites, should we let them know??


That's been taken care of 3601
Shylass
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:45:48 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
They still haven't banned me yet. Maybe even the owners reckon it's crap and can't be bovverred to go on? dontknow

I hope you don't mind, but I had a few minutes spare, so I made the profile picture the Lush Stories logo (sorry I nicked it), and I filled in all the fields to say www.lushstories.com. And in the quote bit, I put "THIS SITE STEALS FROM www.lushstories.com"

cheerleader


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:52:09 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,184
Location: In the bluebells., United Kingdom
India isn't awake yet, give them time!

They have removed a lot of our content, not all though.
charmbrights
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:01:12 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/2/2011
Posts: 192
Location: Tirphil, United Kingdom
nicola wrote:
India isn't awake yet, give them time!

They have removed a lot of our content, not all though.

Both of mine are off, so maybe being rude and nasty to the owner did some good.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
Milik_Redman
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:50:59 AM

Rank: Internet Philosopher
Moderator

Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 4,753
Location: somewhere deep under the Earth, United States
There seems to be a difference between their mobile content for iphones etc and the main site. My stories seem to be off of the main site but some remain on the mobile version. I will be watching
Shylass
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:44:05 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
Milik_The_Red, you are so much more polite than I am.

And they still haven't banned me yet, although they removed my comments. Odd. dontknow I can still reach one of my stories, I happened to bookmark it when I first saw the site.


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Graham_X
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:36:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/23/2011
Posts: 236
Location: United Kingdom
I have just searched for the opening line of one of my stories and found it on a number of sites. What's worse is that one of them got flagged up by my virus checker as being a malicious site (maybe a trojan).

Just put a new story up called Venus: My Mistress In Leather and Lace. It seems a long time since I have written any prose, been seduced by prosody. Anyway, please feel free to check it out - Thank you xxx
DLizze
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:06:43 PM

Rank: Story Verifier
Moderator

Joined: 4/23/2011
Posts: 2,567
That's the advantage of being a third or fourth-rate writer, like me. No one wants to steal your dreck! LOL

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Shylass
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:21:05 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
DLizze wrote:
That's the advantage of being a third or fourth-rate writer, like me. No one wants to steal your dreck! LOL


At LEAST one of your stories is on hot-porno.nl, if not more! :d/ I could have searched the others but you have so many!



*EDIT* I just thought... maybe you posted it there yourself... 588-rolleyes


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
loud_bkr
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:47:59 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/24/2011
Posts: 5,715
Location: Fuct if I know
What about this site.....

http://www.sexsstory.com

A few stolen stories like this one from Lush

http://www.sexsstory.com/2012/02/sophie-makes-amends/

Has this site been looked into before Nicola?

nicola
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:50:57 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,184
Location: In the bluebells., United Kingdom
loud_bkr wrote:
What about this site.....

http://www.sexsstory.com

A few stolen stories like this one from Lush

http://www.sexsstory.com/2012/02/sophie-makes-amends/

Has this site been looked into before Nicola?


Yes, nothing to worry about.

I'm not actively looking to find sites that plagiarise our author's work, it's a never ending battle which we won't win.
Shylass
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 5:23:56 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
nicola wrote:


Yes, nothing to worry about.

I'm not actively looking to find sites that plagiarise our author's work, it's a never ending battle which we won't win.


Personally, I think you and your team deserve a huge pat on the back for creating and running a site so many people have to nick from. evil4

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Guest
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 7:21:17 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 659,399
nicola wrote:
I highly recommend adding a disclaimer at the start / end of your stories.

Then when people come along and read that the stories have been stolen, they'll head over to here, where the original is kept, and the content thieves will be exposed for the *insert your favourite expletives here* they are.


About the disclaimer...

Please don't try and put a statement that includes the Lush URL or even Lushstories.com if you do edit your stories. The system knocks out any URL or even Lushstories.com automatically as a means of preventing spammers to include links to other sites in stories.

Something like Available only on Lush Stories, or This story available only on Lush Stories would work.

I've corrected a couple of edited stories already because the authors tried to include the Lushstories.com portion of the web site.
Shylass
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 8:24:47 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
gypsymoth wrote:


About the disclaimer...

Please don't try and put a statement that includes the Lush URL or even Lushstories.com if you do edit your stories. The system knocks out any URL or even Lushstories.com automatically as a means of preventing spammers to include links to other sites in stories.

Something like Available only on Lush Stories, or This story available only on Lush Stories would work.

I've corrected a couple of edited stories already because the authors tried to include the Lushstories.com portion of the web site.


Ah, that's why! I did update mine, and wondered why it only included stuff without the link! I will update them again, then! Thanks for that. sunny I don't mind about the copyright so much, I just wanted it to be posted where I chose - here.


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Guest
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 8:54:30 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 659,399
Shylass wrote:


Ah, that's why! I did update mine, and wondered why it only included stuff without the link! I will update them again, then! Thanks for that. sunny I don't mind about the copyright so much, I just wanted it to be posted where I chose - here.


LOL! I should also add the request that authors only change them one at a time, pretty please? Otherwise it seems as though the story queue is quite back logged.

dog
Shylass
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 9:26:47 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
gypsymoth wrote:


LOL! I should also add the request that authors only change them one at a time, pretty please? Otherwise it seems as though the story queue is quite back logged.

dog


Sorry, I thought it'd be 'armless.





Embarassed


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:10:16 AM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,184
Location: In the bluebells., United Kingdom
gypsymoth wrote:


About the disclaimer...

Please don't try and put a statement that includes the Lush URL or even Lushstories.com if you do edit your stories. The system knocks out any URL or even Lushstories.com automatically as a means of preventing spammers to include links to other sites in stories.

Something like Available only on Lush Stories, or This story available only on Lush Stories would work.

I've corrected a couple of edited stories already because the authors tried to include the Lushstories.com portion of the web site.


I've asked Gav to put our domain / URL on an exclusion list, so members will be able to do this in future.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:04:19 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,833
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
nicola wrote:
I highly recommend adding a disclaimer at the start / end of your stories.

Then when people come along and read that the stories have been stolen, they'll head over to here, where the original is kept, and the content thieves will be exposed for the *insert your favourite expletives here* they are.


Nice idea in theory, but it doesn't take much for them to remove that...I know these people generally aren't too bright, but something like that would stand out...

And btw, I don't think they're stealing these from either Lush or that "other L-site"...they have stories of mine which were rejected by both...

Link to competing story site removed by admin. You should know better by now.


I think I know where they're getting the stories from, but I don't think I should say...Shhh

But, I can tell where they're coming from by the stolen tag lines as well...


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

Milik_Redman
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:28:50 AM

Rank: Internet Philosopher
Moderator

Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 4,753
Location: somewhere deep under the Earth, United States
In the end we need to remember that anything we put on the Internet is subject to be copied. I applaud Lushstories in their efforts to protect the work of its writers but there will always be those who will find away around any protection.

I am going to add the "Available only on Lushstories" to my work right under my name but I know it won't stop the thieves. At least I can give this site a free plug when a story is stolen.

nicola
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:58:39 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,184
Location: In the bluebells., United Kingdom
Milik_The_Red wrote:
In the end we need to remember that anything we put on the Internet is subject to be copied. I applaud Lushstories in their efforts to protect the work of its writers but there will always be those who will find away around any protection.

I am going to add the "Available only on Lushstories" to my work right under my name but I know it won't stop the thieves. At least I can give this site a free plug when a story is stolen.



Hugs

charmbrights
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:30:06 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/2/2011
Posts: 192
Location: Tirphil, United Kingdom
Hooray

9Erotica is only a shell now with no stories on there.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:54:07 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,653
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
occasion7 occasion9 occasion7

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:07:58 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,184
Location: In the bluebells., United Kingdom
A minor win for the good guys.

It's probably only a matter of time before our little friend pops up again on a new site, stealing from all and sundry. angry7
charmbrights
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:23:29 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/2/2011
Posts: 192
Location: Tirphil, United Kingdom
nicola wrote:
A minor win for the good guys. ...
Even a minor win makes a change.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
SITTING
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:09:32 AM

Rank: Wilful Wallflower
Moderator

Joined: 8/11/2011
Posts: 859
Location: In the library, Leeds, United Kingdom
I just followed the link to this dude's Google page and look what he posted a while back;



Can you believe the nerve?!

I downloaded my OWN story as a PDF from this place and it's pretty much the same as downloading a story from Lush only the link at the top is to 9erotica and at the bottom it says:

~read more exciting stories and meet like minded people at 9erotica.com~

Can you believe this guy?? I know I'm like a month behind on this topic but wtf, it's pissing me off now. And all your forum posts don't appear, instead there's a little cartoon man with a spanner. And trying to go to the 'Homepage' just takes you to the 'Register' form. Jeez. I know I put my stories up on Lush for free but I picked Lush for a reason.



Stalker, ballet dancer, obsession...
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.