Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

13yr old boy kicked off girls field hockey team for being too good Options · View
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 2:08:33 PM

I'm gonna start out by saying that I havn't read this whole thread due to laziness... So if I repeat a point anyone has made I apologize.

Okay here is my 22 cents on this topic.

I don't see it from the perspective that this poor kid just wants to play field hockey and there are only girls teams so he should get a chance. I see from the perspective of the team, the players the parents and the reasons that these girls play a sport to begin with.

I played soccer for about 11 years (on an official team). from 6-17 years of age. I was what you call the number 10 (a playmaking attacking midfielder). A "star" player or important player. The ball is filtered through me to start and carry on and finish an attack on goal if needed. The reason I mention this is because a lot of the attention would be focused on me, kinda like a quarterback and football. It was a boys team and I'm a boy and I made it to that level through my play, creativity and teamwork with other boys my own age.

What I am getting at is that if this boy is the best player on the team, it takes away the chance for a GIRL on a GIRL's team to be the star. A lot of these girls (and boys) play sports for many reasons like: camaraderie with other girls, fun and bonding with girls to form a team that will beat another team of girls, a chance to be girls without fucking boys being boys around them, scholarship opportunities... Now these reasons for them to play are tainted by a boy being on the team. If the team of girls with a boy beats another team the victory might not be as sweet cause the other team can say "well we dont NEED boys to help us win." so there goes some of the pride a team might have in victory over another team. If I was a dad and my girl is a great player and could be the star I would be annoyed that a boy is taking up the playmaking role and not letting my girl shine. If this boy is playing in her position and she has to sit out when I know she could have a chance at a scholarship, her self esteem being raised cause she shines, a chance to have fun with her girlfriends etc. Then the boy being on the team is just wrong.

The thing about coed contact sports is that boys will never play the same with girls and vice versa. I had a girlfriend that hated when boys would practice with the girl's basketball team cause she hated having to post up and push her ass into a boys crotch so she didnt play as well or get the real practice she needed.

America is the land of the free, not the land of get anything I want if I whine and say my rights are being limited... There is shit we all want but can't have. Maybe this is a good lesson for this kid to learn early in life. One road closes, time to look for another one son. Pick up a baseball bat, kick a soccer ball, try to organize a league of male field hockey teams. Would look great on a college application.

joebackagain
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 2:23:45 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

I played soccer for about 11 years (on an official team). from 6-17 years of age. I was what you call the number 10 (a playmaking attacking midfielder). A "star" player or important player. The ball is filtered through me to start and carry on and finish an attack on goal if needed. The reason I mention this is because a lot of the attention would be focused on me, kinda like a quarterback and football. It was a boys team and I'm a boy and I made it to that level through my play, creativity and teamwork with other boys my own age.

Just to clarify, there is no "star" position on a football team..yeah often teams have a star attacking midfeilder, or striker..but consider Italy, one of the best football nations in the world, they breed a hell of a lot more star defenders than attacking midfeilders...there are a lot of brilliant football teams in the world who dont even play a playmaking attacking midfielder :D
Also, a boy being the star of a team takes away from a girls chance of being the star just as much as an amazing girl takes that chance from other girls. If we assume the 13 year old boy isnt physically dominating, which I cant imagine he is from his height and weight, then I fail to see the difference. I understant what you mean by other teams being able to say "we dont need a boy to win"...but who is going to think that when he's 13 and everyone playing is much older :D
Though i very much agree with the point that he has many options such as trying to set up a team, and even when he is older he can move to a team. I work with two guys who moved to Ireland just to play hockey as their season was over in New Zealand, and then they'll move back..but thats not really an option before he's older so let him play til these chances arise.
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 2:50:37 PM

joebackagain wrote:

Just to clarify, there is no "star" position on a football team..yeah often teams have a star attacking midfeilder, or striker..but consider Italy, one of the best football nations in the world, they breed a hell of a lot more star defenders than attacking midfeilders...there are a lot of brilliant football teams in the world who dont even play a playmaking attacking midfielder :D
Also, a boy being the star of a team takes away from a girls chance of being the star just as much as an amazing girl takes that chance from other girls. If we assume the 13 year old boy isnt physically dominating, which I cant imagine he is from his height and weight, then I fail to see the difference. I understant what you mean by other teams being able to say "we dont need a boy to win"...but who is going to think that when he's 13 and everyone playing is much older :D
Though i very much agree with the point that he has many options such as trying to set up a team, and even when he is older he can move to a team. I work with two guys who moved to Ireland just to play hockey as their season was over in New Zealand, and then they'll move back..but thats not really an option before he's older so let him play til these chances arise.

HAHAHHAA you said there are no stars on a football (soccer) team? ahhahah then you go and say "yeah often teams have a star attacking midfeilder, or striker" hahhahaahaha I think you need to learn soccer before discussing it. Lets not get off topic now, this thread isnt about soccer, that was some background I gave to make a point as field hockey has a similar flow to the play...

Quote:
just as much as an amazing girl takes that chance from other girls

This might be one of the least thought out statements I have ever read. So you're saying that a girl taking away the position from another girl on a girl's sports team is the same as a boy taking it away? hahhahaha

ALSO, Not only is this boy dominating the girls.. He is dominating them while being 13. What do you think that does for the girls self esteem? A way younger boy can kick their ass. Wouldn't that just reinforce the notion that boys are more powerful in their minds? Like if even a much younger one can beat them?

LadyX
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 2:51:26 PM

joebackagain wrote:

That only makes it worse. It's hard enough being a 13 year old girl to begin with, but to then be subjected to this curveball* of being dominated by a boy that's far younger (and possibly smaller, too) than you is just unnecessary. The girls with the boy on their team lose their comraderie of girls' sports and safe opportunity, and the team that gets beaten by the "all girls plus one really awesome younger boy" gets salt in the wound.

For this reason, it's a hell of a lot different to be beaten/bested/dominated by a boy in sports than it is by a fellow female, regardless of how young/old/big/small he is. It's all a can of worms that girls' sports don't need.

*and spare me the "grow up and deal with adversity" angle, there are far better places to make an argument for rising to a challenge than the harsh realities of the physiological disadvantages of being female, though I concede that that sort of thing makes for good low-budget Disney kids movies
joebackagain
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 3:16:24 PM

HAHAHAHAHA....i didn't realise we were using patronising laughter but if you want to quote me then at least have the courtesy to do it right :P I said there are no star "positions" on a football team, not no stars on a football team. I understand football perfectly well thank you, also having played it from a very young age and to a very competitive level.
I also meant in this particular instance the boy taking it away is no different from a girl taking it away as there are few physiological advantages this boy has over the girls. Of course that is not applicable to all instances of boys and girls playing sport. I'm only saying for this kid, not for all men and women :D
Though I fail to see how self-esteem is relevent in terms of the sport? Sport is not played competitively for your self-esteem, and in fact there is little research (as far as I know from the guy in my masters class who completed his thesis on self-esteem and sport, and the literature he found...though I may be totally wrong..) which indicates a strong correlation between self-esteem and sport in teenagers. If losing harms your self esteem then I don't believe sport is for you.
I am not saying that all boys should be allowed play on girls teams, or that girls should just suck it up and deal with the harsh realities of their physiological shortcomings or however dramatically that wants to be phrased..I am saying that I don't think there are many physiological advantages a 13 year old 4'8 boy has over a team of 18 year old girls. Also, team comradery does not necessarily need to diminish because there is a boy on the team.
However, all this said, I think its obvious that its best when it remains, boys on boys teams and girls on girls teams. But this is a rare occurance and if the boy has a real talent it would be a shame for it to go to waste because of a lack of team for him. As he grows up and his male physiological dominance comes more to the forefront then he will have oppertunities to move to other teams if he wants it so bad...and if he doesnt want it so bad-then let the girls play their own game :D

I'm not trying to upset people by what I said, it most likely i'm wrong :D but healthy debate is key :D also...the disney movie comment made me chortle, wonderful :D
Ruthie
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 4:54:21 PM

LadyX wrote:

That only makes it worse. It's hard enough being a 13 year old girl to begin with, but to then be subjected to this curveball* of being dominated by a boy that's far younger (and possibly smaller, too) than you is just unnecessary. The girls with the boy on their team lose their comraderie of girls' sports and safe opportunity, and the team that gets beaten by the "all girls plus one really awesome younger boy" gets salt in the wound.

For this reason, it's a hell of a lot different to be beaten/bested/dominated by a boy in sports than it is by a fellow female, regardless of how young/old/big/small he is. It's all a can of worms that girls' sports don't need.

There is also the feeling that the opposing team might have that their opponent might not have won or been nearly good enough to win without a boy on the team. This distracts from the sense of accomplishment that is part of sports. Not only is it not fair to the girls on the team with the boy who might not get as much playing time in a girl's sport as the boy, but it is unfair to provide the opposing team members with a built in excuse for losing. It won't help them in the long run.

The idea of supporting girl's sports programs in schools, or communities, is to provide the girls with an opportunity to participate that they didn't have before it became mandatory to fund both sexes sports programs on a more or less equatable basis. There is no way that a field hockey team, or even a fast pitch softball team costs as much as a football program. But without that policy, many schools were putting most of their athletic funding into boys programs, mostly, at least here in the south, into football.

Football just costs more to play. The uniforms and equipment are more expensive than any of the other sports in a high school. Football takes in more money, of course, and I'm not saying that a girl's field hockey team should have the same amount of money as a football program, but there should be some type of equity. Putting money into girl's sports programs allows girls to have some of the same experiences of camaraderie and belonging to a team that boys experience. If boys are allowed on girl's teams, there is a loss of equal opportunity for the girls. Girls, in general, cannot compete with boys for positions on sports teams. That is the reason we have boys and girls sports.

Of course there are some girls who are able to compete with boys for positions on sports teams, but not in a number that would have them actively taking over a team. A boy's basketball program in the average high school would have enough boys that are not quite good enough to make the starting varsity boy's team, but would be plenty good enough to start on the girl's team. How is that equality? How is that fair?

Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 5:26:13 PM

joebackagain wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA....i didn't realise we were using patronising laughter but if you want to quote me then at least have the courtesy to do it right :P I said there are no star "positions" on a football team, not no stars on a football team. I understand football perfectly well thank you, also having played it from a very young age and to a very competitive level.
:D

Look.. That was mocking laughter not patronizing laughter...

I never said there were star positions.. I said what my position was and that I was really good at it and of all the people on my team I probably touched the ball the most making me a "star" (lack of a better term) player to illustrate a point.. Okay so you understand the sport, that is wonderful. And yes any position can be played well enough to make the player playing it a star player, that really has nothing to do with the point of what we are talking about.

Quote:
I also meant in this particular instance the boy taking it away is no different from a girl taking it away as there are few physiological advantages this boy has over the girls. Of course that is not applicable to all instances of boys and girls playing sport. I'm only saying for this kid, not for all men and women :D

There are FEW? So you think there are still some? Means that they are not equal then. ;)

And there is one huge difference you are overlooking. Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. The penises should compete with the penises and the vaginas with vaginas. There is a reason that it is done that way in professional sport.

Quote:
Though I fail to see how self-esteem is relevent in terms of the sport? Sport is not played competitively for your self-esteem, and in fact there is little research (as far as I know from the guy in my masters class who completed his thesis on self-esteem and sport, and the literature he found...though I may be totally wrong..) which indicates a strong correlation between self-esteem and sport in teenagers. If losing harms your self esteem then I don't believe sport is for you.

You're saying that loosing ten games in a row or winning ten games in a row will have no correlation on how the player feels about himself and the team? Silly really. Have you not seen a team lose a game before?

Also there was little research on anything and everything before people started researching it... Doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Obviously your friend thought there was something there so he made his thesis about it. Also if loosing doesn't make you feel down then playing sports isn't for you, I think you have that one flipped. Sports are for the competitive. Loosing sucks.

Quote:
I am not saying that all boys should be allowed play on girls teams

Why is this boy's need to play field hockey more important than other boys who want to play a sport only offered to girls? Do you suggest some sort of committee that looks at each and every case and makes a decision on what boys can play on girls teams?

Quote:
team comradery does not necessarily need to diminish because there is a boy on the team.

It doesn't need to, I agree. But that has little to do with wether it will or not. It's easy to say the way things SHOULD be... Rarely is it the case though.

Quote:
made me chortle

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? angry7

joebackagain
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 6:38:36 PM

Oh dear...when I said there is little research which indicates- this does not mean there is not research in the area, it means there is research but little of it supports the relationship between self-esteem and sports participation. The majority of the research supports the idea that there is not a relationship.

The penises should compete with the vaginas, I have agreed with this throughout, I am only talking about this one particular case...and to copy you argument format, the penises should compete with the penises, but this doesn't mean they always will. it's easy to say the way things SHOULD be...

and yes of course people feel down but feeling down and self-esteem are not the same thing. Feeling down is a component of a many layered structure, which is self esteem. What I meant is that if you can't handle losing, and it affects your actual self-esteem then perhaps it isn't for you. Self-esteem is not a fluctuating concept, its a slowly changing aspect of an individual. Moods, such as a bad mood after losing a game, are not the sole component of self-esteem.

And with relation to the football, I picked your sentence up in the wrong way..allow me to explain, I read it as "i played as the number 10 (playmaking attacking midfeilder)- a star of important player.. (in my reading I thought you meant that the number 10 was always the star if you get me.) Rather than what you actually meant..so sorry for the confusion :D

A commitee sounds perfect ;) no no i joke, I agree with you about his needs not being above others needs though... I guess its just unfortunate that the kid was playing and being successful and then has to stop.

Anyhow this is overly serious.... :D

but...what on earth is wrong with the word chortle? :D :D
winky
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 9:46:55 PM

like mf said this thread has WAYYYY to many words so i didnt read it all so i just skipped alot of it. but ive been playing field hockey for 7 years (13-now) and through middle school and high school i played many teams that had guys on there teams. mostly the guys played goalie and yeah it made them a better goalie beacuse they were usually taller and tougher so we hated when we saw it was a guy goalie. and when i was in middle school i had a male field hockey coach and i went to many camps that had male coaches. in many European countries Fieldhockey is played by both sexes. i mean of course u rather see a girl bend down and play with the sick and ball then guys ;) hahah jk dont be a perv. but besides that i dont know what to say in this thread

i dont know if this helped but im too lazy read though the whole thread so sorry
WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 10:38:58 AM

When I was 17 years old and a senior in high school, a 14 year old girl received permission from the school board, the HS superintendent, the head football coach and in fact from the athletic conference consisting of 7 other schools, to participate on the varsity and junior varsity (generally the 14 to 15 year olds), playing American football.

Her and her parent's argument was that she was the youngest of six children and the only female of her siblings and she regularly played 'boy games' with her brothers and neighborhood kids. She was rough and tough and accustomed to the physicality of the sport, which even at that age is just about when things start becoming seriously 'rough'.

Debbie was a good athlete. About 5'5" and 120 pounds, she was a speedster and demanded that she only play quarterback.

Generally, the QB is chosen by the coaching staff and it's based on quite a few things, chief amongst those...how calm and in control the person is, how intelligent and most importantly...how charismatic. Is he or she a 'natural leader' one who has some following or admiration or respect of the other individuals on a team.

She was made/shoehorned/forced into being a junior varsity quarterback as a high school freshman. My younger brother, a sophomore at the time - had been his peers' QB for the previous three years and he was made to stand on the sidelines while Debbie was given the chance to 'run' the team in their first competition versus a rival school's junior varsity team.

She couldn't throw a football worth a fuck, she couldn't pitch a football (running the option) worth a fuck and finally during the fourth offensive series of the game for 'our team' she got creamed on an option to the right side of our line and her shoulder dislocated by a couple of 15 year old boys from the opposing team, neither of which 'let up on her' when they tackled her.

End of her experiment for the rest of her HS 'career'.

She was a pretty good basketball player and track athlete on the 'girls squads' for next four years of her HS athletic career.

But in this instance, that young boy should not be allowed to join any girls team...That's fucking ridiculous.

As ridiculous as it would be to allow women (of any build, size or 'skill level') to become a US Navy SEAL, or an Army infantrymen. And I am not sure if women are allowed to 'become' one of those on the ground soldiers. If so, it is fucking ludicrous.

Do my beliefs make me a chauvinist?

I couldn't care less. It's stupid and inviting more drama/trouble...to mix genders during such endeavors, imo.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:22:58 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

As ridiculous as it would be to allow women (of any build, size or 'skill level') to become a US Navy SEAL, or an Army infantrymen. And I am not sure if women are allowed to 'become' one of those on the ground soldiers. If so, it is fucking ludicrous.

Do my beliefs make me a chauvinist?

I couldn't care less. It's stupid and inviting more drama/trouble...to mix genders during such endeavors, imo.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:39:42 PM

joebackagain wrote:
Oh dear...when I said there is little research which indicates- this does not mean there is not research in the area, it means there is research but little of it supports the relationship between self-esteem and sports participation. The majority of the research supports the idea that there is not a relationship.

Yeah, I fucked up on the research thing. blah whatever. research smearsearch.

Quote:
The penises should compete with the vaginas, I have agreed with this throughout, I am only talking about this one particular case...and to copy you argument format, the penises should compete with the penises, but this doesn't mean they always will. it's easy to say the way things SHOULD be...

It doesnt matter if the penises should play with the vaginas with an anus ringer... The way it is right now is that boys play with boys and girls with girls... That's the only reason this is even a story. The boy was dominating the game and it's just ridiculous.

Quote:
and yes of course people feel down but feeling down and self-esteem are not the same thing. Feeling down is a component of a many layered structure, which is self esteem. What I meant is that if you can't handle losing, and it affects your actual self-esteem then perhaps it isn't for you. Self-esteem is not a fluctuating concept, its a slowly changing aspect of an individual. Moods, such as a bad mood after losing a game, are not the sole component of self-esteem.

See the bolded? You clearly state that bad moods after a loss are not the sole component of self esteem (no one said they were...) So that means they are a component so the outcome of the games and the experience on the team does have something to do with the players self esteem.. according to what you are saying. No one said that one thing in a person's life is the only that shapes their self esteem. I don't understand how you made that leap.

Quote:
A commitee sounds perfect ;) no no i joke, I agree with you about his needs not being above others needs though... I guess its just unfortunate that the kid was playing and being successful and then has to stop.

C'est la vie 'n' shit.

Quote:
Anyhow this is overly serious.... :D

Cause I'm a serious mellon farmer. evil4

Quote:
but...what on earth is wrong with the word chortle? :D :D

Reminds me of some british version of the word shart or something.

"Oh my god I just chortled in my knickers" or something like that.

I keed..

AngelHeart01
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 8:03:25 PM

The 13 year old should not be allowed to play with the big girls.
If there are no teams available for him to play on, then search the county divisions, or better yet, make a boys team/league.

This is no different then any other sport that is one sex.
If it was co-ed, it would be different.

My friends sister played football when we were younger, and is paying for it now.
Females are not meant to play football with males. It fucks us up with being hit like that.
Our bodies have different parts, duh.
Anyway, she shouldn't have been allowed to play with the boys either.

Oh, and what happened to kids being competitive?
Why do parents think their kids need to be sheltered in sports?
Sure sports are fun, but it's also about doing your best and being team players. It teaches life skills. Feelings get hurt, rejection happens, etc...
joebackagain
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 10:29:28 AM

Magical_felix wrote:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

At least we agree on one thing :D
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:41:11 AM

Here's another side of stupidity. The St. Pius team forfeits a chance at the state baseball title because the other team has a girl playing second base. What a bunch of morons.

Team forfeits instead of playing team with girl in lineup.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:27:18 AM

AngelHeart01 wrote:
The 13 year old should not be allowed to play with the big girls.
If there are no teams available for him to play on, then search the county divisions, or better yet, make a boys team/league.

This is no different then any other sport that is one sex.
If it was co-ed, it would be different.

My friends sister played football when we were younger, and is paying for it now.
Females are not meant to play football with males. It fucks us up with being hit like that.
Our bodies have different parts, duh.
Anyway, she shouldn't have been allowed to play with the boys either.

Oh, and what happened to kids being competitive?
Why do parents think their kids need to be sheltered in sports?
Sure sports are fun, but it's also about doing your best and being team players. It teaches life skills. Feelings get hurt, rejection happens, etc...

I agree, when it is scholastic or amateur sports, boys should play on boys teams and girls play on girls teams. When I was 12, I wanted to play on a boys baseball team but they wouldnt let me even though I was as good as the boys were. I was pissed but I eventually understood why and I soon found things I liked doing more anyhow, LOL!

But the problem here is that the school allowed him to play. Now they say he is too good so he cant play? That is wrong. You cant change mid-stream. They made a mistake and now they have to deal with it. If they dont let him play, they are opening themselves up for a serious suit against them.

Also someone mentioned something about a woman becoming a Navy Seal. Well why not? But only if the physical requirements are met and not reduced because of gender. Women should be allowed to hold any of the traditional male positions as long as they are fully capable of doing it.

On another note, this kid must take a lot of shit from the other boys in the school!
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:15:47 AM

Nikki703 wrote:

I agree, when it is scholastic or amateur sports, boys should play on boys teams and girls play on girls teams. When I was 12, I wanted to play on a boys baseball team but they wouldnt let me even though I was as good as the boys were. I was pissed but I eventually understood why and I soon found things I liked doing more anyhow, LOL!

But the problem here is that the school allowed him to play. Now they say he is too good so he cant play? That is wrong. You cant change mid-stream. They made a mistake and now they have to deal with it. If they dont let him play, they are opening themselves up for a serious suit against them.

Also someone mentioned something about a woman becoming a Navy Seal. Well why not? But only if the physical requirements are met and not reduced because of gender. Women should be allowed to hold any of the traditional male positions as long as they are fully capable of doing it.

On another note, this kid must take a lot of shit from the other boys in the school!

That's a great point Nikki. I failed to think about that. If they did let him play than it really is the school's fault. They should have limited his playing time or something. But kicking him off AFTER they let him play does raise a few questions about the way the school handled it. I still believe that sport should be girls vs girls, boys vs boys, horse vs horse. Maybe the best thing would have been to greatly reduce his playing time and remind him that they are making an exception to the rule and he should feel privileged even though he can only play a few minutes. Then after he's off the team close it to boys.

Dirty_D
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:42:09 AM

I was in school with a girl who tried out and won a place on the high school wrestling team. I know other girls who have tried out from football teams. Fair is fair. He should be allowed to play. If they really have tons of boys then they can create a boys team(our school had to do that for volleyball).
Michael
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:55:53 AM

He will be allowed to play,
at least for one more year...

Ruling: Boy can play on girls' field hockey team

justagreeting
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 11:40:02 AM

"Keeling Pilaro"

An Italian/American boy with a weird name like "Keeling" playing in an all-girls hokey team? WTF? I think the authorities did it in order to protect him from bullying. He'll be thankful in the long run.
Selynar
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 3:56:26 PM

I just recently started browsing the forums and fell on to this story... a 90 pound kid, is whooping the hell out of people that have 8-9 years on him there for a higher, and more developed muscle mass, and atleast 30-50 pounds on him.

He is so far above them in skill level that he's now being banned.

I played football growing up, and there were a couple of girls on our team.

As for professional Sports... someone commented that you won't see women starting in the NFL and things like that...

Manon Rhéaume NHL 1992, 1993
Lusia "Lucy" Harris NBA 1977

This is the list for F1 Racing.
Maria Teresa de Filippis 1958
Lella Lombardi 1974
Divina Galica 1976
Desiré Wilson 1980
Giovanna Amati 1992

Katie Hnida College Football Division 1

Jackie Mitchell MLB April 2, 1931. Struck out Babe Ruth in 4 pitches, Up to bat next... Lou Gherig... Struck out in 3.

Yep... women NEVER play in male dominated sports....

It was 1972 when Equal Rights was seriously being considered... So there have been professional women in male sports for years before and after.

Should this boy be kicked off "the only team" he can play on because he's too good? No. How can the only available team for any given sport be all female or all male? That right there is discrimination.

There is no other way this kid can play this sport competatively, and its being denied because of gender.
crazyrico
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 2:30:35 PM

Does gender affect overall physical capability? Yes. Is overall physical capability the primary determining factor in who wins a team sporting event? Hands down, no. Any coach of any team sport will say that it's the way the team works together and how talented the players are. As in, the natural aptitude or special skills specific to what is required for a particular event.

In any case, most women can reach a level of physical fitness that is competitive even against male athletes. It requires more work than it does for men, and smaller-framed women usually find it impossible, but when's the last time a guy who was 5'4" and 120 lbs started as a linebacker? The limitations of one's build and natural aptitudes are something we have to come to terms with as we grow up, no matter what's between our legs.

I'm in favor of dropping gender segregation from all sports and implementing a weight class system. A 140 lb female athlete is going to be able to be competitive with a 140 lb male athlete, and this is true at nearly any weight. Overall weight is also the most important thing in ensuring safety. The NFL would have a lot fewer traumatic head injuries if the QB was getting tackled by another person who was ~150lbs instead of someone more than twice his weight.

Are the heavyweight classes going to be dominated by men? In all likelihood, yes. But that will be from a dearth of female athletes that weigh 300+ lbs, not because the female athletes are not as good as the men. That's my opinion anyway.

Oh, and far as Title IX goes, it specifically uses the phrase, "the underrepresented sex," as who it requires equality for, which in this case clearly favors the boy.
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:30:10 PM

Rembacher wrote:
I've always figured this kind of thing was inevitable once women won the right to compete on males sports teams. It's not equality if it doesn't go both ways. So for true equality under the law, you just have one hockey team, baseball team, swim team, etc, and let the best compete. Saying a guy can't compete on a girls team, should also mean a girl can't compete on a guys'.

It's ''equality'' at it's best, i.e it's ''equality'' when it suits women
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:22:12 PM

menarealwaysignorged wrote:

It's ''equality'' at it's best, i.e it's ''equality'' when it suits women

godammit, why can't they stay in the kitchen and keep puttin' out babies like they're supposed too? stupid bitches.

Live, love, laugh.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:26:35 PM

I wonder if he'd be so 'ignorged' if he spelled better.
ramrod32784
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:50:37 PM

When my son wrestled in High School there were teams that had some young ladies on the team.The boy who wrestled them were penalized if they accidently touched certain parts of her anatomy while the girls were not charged if they grabbed the boys.The boys routinely had bite marks and scratches on them.If boys and girls are allowed to compete against one another than the rules should be equal for both.
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:23:32 PM

sprite wrote:

godammit, why can't they stay in the kitchen and keep puttin' out babies like they're supposed too? stupid bitches.

Your words not mine
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:06:01 PM

menarealwaysignorged wrote:

Your words not mine

Just paraphrasing for ya, thought i'd help out, being friendly and all that. :)

Live, love, laugh.