Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just wondering - can relationships begun through Lush last? Options · View
HelenCath
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:29:44 PM

dontknow
Pixie
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:43:22 PM

Of course they can. We actually have a couple that met on here and got married not too long ago.

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
clum
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:48:03 PM

Pixie wrote:
Of course they can. We actually have a couple that met on here and got married not too long ago.

I was gonna say that but I wasn't sure if I'd made it up. Thanks, Pixie.

She Just Wants To Be

Third place entry in the Toy With Me competition.
LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:00:02 PM

what does "last" mean????

they can, i think... but like real life relationships they will change to survive.

Michael
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:18:01 PM

All relationships are in transition.

Pixie
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:27:00 PM

clum wrote:

I was gonna say that but I wasn't sure if I'd made it up. Thanks, Pixie.

Nope, you would have been right. It is totally true. :)

♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:31:22 PM

There are so many different types of relationship. Just because you meet on Lush, or anywhere online, doesn't mean the relationship can't or won't last. Where you meet really doesn't matter, if you hit it off with someone and I don't just mean that romantically, chances are the relationship will survive.
littlemissbitch
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:34:20 PM

i can say for sure that i have several friendships from here that have lasted nearly 3 years...(since i first found lush)

littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
ShyVixen
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:12:47 PM

I would like to think yes, but the reality of it, is its almost easier here. You don't have the everyday stresses of taking care of a family together, a home, finances, etc. so a relationship online in a strange way seems almost blissful. You relish in the time you have and leave your stresses behind. My opinion, but hell what do I know!
Swollen
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:33:39 AM

Yes, I believe given the right perspective, relationships formed on the internet and on Lush can survive. In fact deep bonds can be formed.

Like any relationship though, in order to survive, they need working at.

My 2 cents
Catnip
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:44:36 AM

(Topic moved)

Theere's no doubt that they can. It's just a matter of meeting the right person, just as in real life.
It can be very hard to find that person but when you do and feel like that's the one.. meet up, before it's too late. I think that's necessary for it to work out in the long run.
To have a 2-3 year online relationship before meeting up I think won't do you any good.

hartclass
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:55:57 AM

swollen wrote:
Yes, I believe given the right perspective, relationships formed on the internet and on Lush can survive. In fact deep bonds can be formed.

Like any relationship though, in order to survive, they need working at.

My 2 cents

It is possible, after being here for nearly 4 years I have met several great people - some of them are truly special and have stood the test of time! But as Swollen says - you have to work at it - it pays off in the long run.

blazestcyr
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:58:45 PM

as long as you both are truthful...yes
thepainter
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:49:52 PM

So who are those crazy mofos who got married? evil5

But catnip is right, you need to meet irl or else it will end up nowhere.

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
TransitionalMan
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:57:55 PM

I think it possible they can last, but lets face it, like on the net is often directly proportional to distance. You aren't going to meet someone here you can ask out Saturday night. And so many people are married, which adds another barrier.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:15:38 PM

Probably at least as much chance, as if you had met through a dating site.

There are no restrictions here, you don't have to pay for anything, it's all free. Which means you can chat to anyone you might like 1 on 1, message them, as many times as you wish, develop a relationship prior to calling / meeting up.

Plus if they are truthful in their profile, you already know a great deal about them, and can see if you share common interests.
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:51:50 PM

IT DEPENDS...YOU ARE SO LUCKY IF SOMEONE IS VERY WILLING TO PURSUE BEING WITH YOU, DESPITE OF YOUR GEOGRAPHICAL DIFFERENCES.
Giesabrekk
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:32:33 PM

Relationships can last if the people want them to. It doesn't matter where they start.
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:43:25 PM

If it is a friendship or romantic, of course it can last and stand the test of time! If you share a strong bond with a human it can last forever I believe Hugs
prettypussy
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:27:21 PM

it depends on the wants and needs of those 2 ppl .....it can and cannot happen....
JesseS
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2012 4:00:15 PM

Over the years I've probably met, face to face, with about 6-8 people from online venues; 8-12 if phone conversations count. Still have 1 good friend, of over 8 years, from that; so yes.
WorkAlone
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2012 11:38:12 PM

Echoing the above. I have friends on here that I've been in contact with for years and I don't see them going away. Romantically, you can only go on so long without things progressing from online, to text, to phone or video, to rl. You can meet people anywhere and Lush is no exception. The one odd nuance to it all is that, given the nature of the site, the odds are pretty high that you know your date's sexual fantasies before you ever meet and that's not exactly "typical" of other places you may have met. Yes, there's the geographical issue, and I know a few 'couples' that are separated by several states, countries, even an ocean or two, and make it "work" for a while. I know of several multi-year romances on Lush and that's impressive online or off so why denigrate the online thing. Yes, its not "complicated" by co-habitating, but any relationship that hasn't taken that step is similarly uncomplicated. In short: why not?
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:40:36 AM

WorkAlone wrote:
Echoing the above. I have friends on here that I've been in contact with for years and I don't see them going away. Romantically, you can only go on so long without things progressing from online, to text, to phone or video, to rl. You can meet people anywhere and Lush is no exception. The one odd nuance to it all is that, given the nature of the site, the odds are pretty high that you know your date's sexual fantasies before you ever meet and that's not exactly "typical" of other places you may have met. Yes, there's the geographical issue, and I know a few 'couples' that are separated by several states, countries, even an ocean or two, and make it "work" for a while. I know of several multi-year romances on Lush and that's impressive online or off so why denigrate the online thing. Yes, its not "complicated" by co-habitating, but any relationship that hasn't taken that step is similarly uncomplicated. In short: why not?

I agree with WorkAlone.
You never know...it depends on the individuals.
Swollen
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:30:23 AM

hartclass wrote:

It is possible, after being here for nearly 4 years I have met several great people - some of them are truly special and have stood the test of time! But as Swollen says - you have to work at it - it pays off in the long run.

Hey Mr Hart! It most certainly can pay off, in so many ways. Just takes a while to 'weed the beds' first. XXX
TreeSuh
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:58:44 PM

Sure!
midwest_sweetheart
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 7:39:37 AM

The same thought often times floats through my head. Having a computer screen in front of you can allow you to be so different than the person you are in real life. I believe that you should be real but that isn't always the case. I never understood why you would want to be someone different and if you want to change your life so badly then change it! I feel that if two people are completely honest and open online then a relationship in the real world could work. But like so many others said no matter how the relationship started it will need constant work and attention. Relationships aren't sunshine and rainbows everyday but if you are with the right person even the cloudy days will be worth it. You will find a way to get through and make the relationship last.
I feel it is also important to meet but you don't want to meet to soon or wait to long. There is a fine line as to when the first meeting should take place. I can't give you a time frame because I think it depends on the comfort level between the two people in the relationship but I do think you need to meet within 6-8 months of starting whatever kind of relationship you end up starting. Relationships differ between couples and no two relationship are alike so don't take others words to heart to much. The relationship is between you and one other person not you and the entire world.
Always remember to enter into the relationship with an open mind and an open heart, to let things develop naturally, and to embrace every single moment! Take things slow and let each day come as it may but remember to leap fearlessly and never look back. Heartache is inevitable at times when you take a chance on love but if you don't take the chance you will be left wondering what if. So go for it! Take the chance and see where love takes you!
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 9:56:02 AM

I think you can for sure.......

Id
anon47
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:02:10 AM

No reason why not.

All you are doing is changing the order in which you share things.......
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:54:26 AM

ya,i think relationships formed here will last,it depends on the individuals'interest and will.any relationship,,whether in real or in virtual,has to b nurtured to have strong roots.we never know,that is what makes anything interesting
keoloke
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:11:00 AM

If a relationship last is because the field is been actively worked on.

If Oscar Wilde is right. From behind a monitor we"re truly ourselves, than if two peoples meet on Lush and share all around similar thoughts. They certainly have a stable and true start.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.