Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Ladies what's your thoughts on a FWB Options · View
35nlookin4u
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:09:55 PM

Was wondering what all the ladies of lush thought about having a FWB the pro's and the con's
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:17:06 PM

This may sound stupid - but what is a FWB?

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:18:23 PM

MoonlightSerenity wrote:
This may sound stupid - but what is a FWB?

Friends-with-Benefits.... ie. it's a nicer way of saying Fuckbuddy. lol

MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:19:30 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

Ah okay, Thank you.

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
35nlookin4u
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:20:32 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

Yes a fuck buddy any thoughts on it ?
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:30:08 PM

To answer the OP - FWB is a tough one if there is a legit strong friendship there already and you're just hooking up recreationally. If you get along as friends and you enjoy having sex with the person, what precludes going for the full relationship, right? I think feelings always get in the way in those situations and one person ends up liking the other person more than they let on at first which ends up becoming a messy situation where someone ends up hurt and the friendship ends up at risk as well.

If the friendship is more casual and acquaintance-based, then this can work if there's certain expectations set up ahead of time, or reasons why neither of you would work in a real relationship or long-term situation (ie. age difference, you live in different cities, career/work focus, the intellectual/emotional side is lacking but the physical attraction and sex is great)... as long as both people 'get the big picture', a FWB can be a lot of fun. Because you're primarily meeting because of a sexual connection, the sex is often hotter and more uninhibited - you're less likely to worry about freaking the person out or being judged, so people often unleash their more raw uncensored desires, dirty talk and fantasies.

35nlookin4u
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:38:09 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
To answer the OP - FWB is a tough one if there is a legit strong friendship there already and you're just hooking up recreationally. If you get along as friends and you enjoy having sex with the person, what precludes going for the full relationship, right? I think feelings always get in the way in those situations and one person ends up liking the other person more than they let on at first which ends up becoming a messy situation where someone ends up hurt and the friendship ends up at risk as well.

If the friendship is more casual and acquaintance-based, then this can work if there's certain expectations set up ahead of time, or reasons why neither of you would work in a real relationship or long-term situation (ie. age difference, you live in different cities, career/work focus, the intellectual/emotional side is lacking but the physical attraction and sex is great)... as long as both people 'get the big picture', a FWB can be a lot of fun. Because you're primarily meeting because of a sexual connection, the sex is often hotter and more uninhibited - you're less likely to worry about freaking the person out or being judged, so people often unleash their more raw uncensored desires, dirty talk and fantasies.

Wow thanks I'm just looking for a fwb I tried it with a girl I went to school with but she started to fall in love with me and neither of us wanted a real relationship so we just stopped being fwb and just went back to normal friendship so I'm thinking I need to find a girl thats not close to me and that we start out as fwb not expecting more from eachother
perkynipples
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:01:52 PM

Wow d_d you summed up things pretty well.
The one thing I have learned from experience is that you have to know what your FWB expects. If they are looking for a long term relationship and think that things will lead there they may agree to get you hooked. If its casual sex every now and again this can work.
The key is to lay out the ground rules from the get go and don't go back on any of them for the duration of the relationship.

Bunker Love
My Dream my latest stopry
Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:43:24 PM

DD pretty much hit the nail right on the head. I have 2 FWB and me and my GF have shared them and there was never any issues. They did not want relationships and were in it just for the sex. And we usually only got together with them for sex and nothing else.

But lately, one of them has been calling Annie asking her to have dinner with him and has shown he is is more into her than just as a FWB. Now we have a pretty open relationship so I have no problem with her getting together with just him for sex if she wants to but she really has no interest in a "relationship" with him. So things have gotten complicated and we thought it was best to end our FWB relationship with him totally. He still calls her occasionally but he seems to have gotten the message. Too bad as it was really fun being with him.

At least we still have the other one, LOL

It is a beautiful thing when it works, but can be very troublesome when it doesnt.
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:45:00 PM

sweetaz
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:13:11 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

Thanks for that nice explanation thumbup
KOJA
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:22:49 PM

DOES FWB EVER INCLUDE PAY SEX? OR IS JUST MENT TO BE A TRUE FUCK BUDDY,JUST LUST ONLY?
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:15:00 PM

I've done it before and wouldn't mind doing it again. The only con I can think of is if the two parties are not clear up front about what it is and there's some kind of misunderstanding along the way. Outside of that, its a win-win situation.
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:19:43 PM

)
sweeter
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:49:32 PM

If you want one, it's great. No feelings or calls, or gps tracking, or showing up whenever they want. How dare them.

Anything you think is sweet, I'm a little more than that.
simplyjohn
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:51:06 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

LOL .. I didnt know what FWB meant either .. damn and panties .. I need to get out more.
blazestcyr
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 5:58:48 AM

still laughing as i didnt know what a fwb was either...

so here are my thoughts...& again..just my thoughts(please dont go all postal on me.. what u do in your own life is your own business)...

very few people will say to their fwb..i just want sex..there is zero chance of me ever dating you...period...u are just an orgasm to me...

basically your fwb is a fill in till you find a person you can connect to with your heart as well as your body..which is ok

but very few people can do that...you have feelings for people you have sex with on a regular basis....& if you love to have sex with them most likely they will fall in love with you

so how about keeping that buddy as a buddy

lovers come & go...friends are for life...
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 6:58:31 AM

blazestcyr wrote:
still laughing as i didnt know what a fwb was either...

so here are my thoughts...& again..just my thoughts(please dont go all postal on me.. what u do in your own life is your own business)...

very few people will say to their fwb..i just want sex..there is zero chance of me ever dating you...period...u are just an orgasm to me...

basically your fwb is a fill in till you find a person you can connect to with your heart as well as your body..which is ok

but very few people can do that...you have feelings for people you have sex with on a regular basis....& if you love to have sex with them most likely they will fall in love with you

so how about keeping that buddy as a buddy

lovers come & go...friends are for life...

I have to say I 100% agree on that! Clever girl you won your case!