Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Bookmark Options · View
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:17:07 PM

I've just joined, so this might exist, but I have been unable to find a way to add a bookmark to a story page. That way, when I return to the story, I don't have to read the entire thing again.

I have been a large user of stories from ASSM for quite some time. I just found your delightful site and wish to make it a stop when time allows.

I prefer long stories. So when there are 10 parts to a particular story, I would just copy and paste them all in a .txt file. When I got to a stopping point in the story, I would type a "`" and save the file. When I wanted to go back to the story, I only had to do a Find>`.

I understand you do not wish anyone to copy and paste these stories anywhere, so my option in the graph above will not work, but the bookmark could. I know I can save it as a .pdf, but I am no better off as .pdf's don't allow bookmarks. I even tried to save the file in Google Docs, but it did not save it as a Google Doc type file, it saved it as a .pdf.

I know I can save stories in favorites, but once I begin to read it, it moves out of favorites. Is that right? If so, how do I find it again, and what would have happened to my bookmark?

Am I making any sense?
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:55:32 AM

Adding a story to your "reading queue" will make it disappear once you've clicked it's link. However you can always re-add it when you've clicked on it.
Adding a story to your favourites will make the story stay in your favourite list until you manually remove it.

I see your problem when closing down a story though, it's hard to find just where you were at when you've read some part of it.
I think the idea of a bookmark feature to the stories is a really good one, it could come in handy.

Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:31:18 AM

I think a bookmark option is fantastic. One of the reasons I don't read the longer stories is because I don't have the time to dig back through it to see where I've left off. Wonderful idea.....

Posted: Friday, October 5, 2012 8:43:49 PM

I like the idea.

I have no idea how it could be implemented, but I'll point our resident code genius in this direction.

Thanks Foggy, and welcome to the site.