Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Posing nude for artists (painting, drawing) Options · View
Prism
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 2:24:39 PM

Would you or have you ever posed nude for an artist - a good one?

Would you have a preference for a male or female artist?

If you have, what was the experience like for you? Were you pleased with the result?

Would you want to show the finished product to friends? Would you display it in your home or elsewhere?

If you could, would you want to draw and paint other nude females?

Do you think the reason people want to paint you naked is just to get you naked? Or can you appreciate it for the artistic merit?

And, yes, I have painted lots of nude women, but mostly it has been for educational/ professional purposes and in that environment. So, no, I am not soliciting candidates here (because someone is bound to think I am). Just curious how women for whom this is not a normal part of their life feel about it.
blazestcyr
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 7:05:30 PM

nudes have been painted for thousands of years

the human body is marvelous

i would be honored to be painted by an artist of reputable character

but the guy who does paintings of elvis on black velvet...ah no
Frank
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:48:39 PM

I do enjoy the sculptured form and expressive potential sexuality of the human body.
Capturing it however, and meeting the expectations of a client or commissioner is not an easy job at all.
I have photographed some models nude. It can be surprisingly asexual to say the least.
Appreciating that what exudes from within is what one excels to capture is the secret.
If a model subject is neither relaxed or comfortable, forget it.

My 2 cents

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:02:43 PM

i think there is a similar thread elsewhere in the forums...

i love well-drawn and painted nudes.... male and female... i have always been my own nude model and have paintings and pastels of various parts of my body... just to see what will happen... of course, if something happens to me, i have a friend who will come destroy those pieces.... i am not a master... but i have made money doing commission work and selling some other work... mostly still life....

i am not sure i would let anyone else paint me.... it is an interesting question...

redman2r
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:19:02 PM

LauraLee_sugah wrote:
i think there is a similar thread elsewhere in the forums...

i love well-drawn and painted nudes.... male and female... i have always been my own nude model and have paintings and pastels of various parts of my body... just to see what will happen... of course, if something happens to me, i have a friend who will come destroy those pieces.... i am not a master... but i have made money doing commission work and selling some other work... mostly still life....

i am not sure i would let anyone else paint me.... it is an interesting question...

You are very artsy, sugah!