Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Florida passes bill requiring Welfare recipients to pass drug test to recieve funds. Options · View
Ariel21
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 3:06:31 AM

I agree with this, I have seen many families who are on welfare and not use it the way it was meant. And i have seen families who need it not be able to get any help. I think this is a very good thing. Wondering why its taken so long though
elitfromnorth
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:27:17 AM

My view of this; pushing the expenses of the government over on the individuals in terms of crimerates going up. If anyone here have ever been addicted to something(cigarettes or anything like that) you know how difficult it is to quit. Add the fact that drugs causes you a greater craving then the removal of welfare isn't gonna make you quit. You'll just start doing other things to fuel your drug addiction, either through prostitution or other ways. Thinking that this is in any way the solution of the problem then you're narrowminded. This is gonna end up costing more than it saves.

And I consider the whole drugtesting at work a violation of privacy. What I do in my own spare time is nothing my boss should think about, as long as I function well at my job. What if a person goes to the Netherlands or somewhere else where it's legal to do a certain drug? Is that person to be punished for not doing anything illegal in my own sparetime. As long as I function at my job and I'm not under the influence at work I shouldn't be punished by any other than the law.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
1ball
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 8:25:53 AM

Forget the drug testing. Instead, try requiring them to get on a stationary bike and generate 25 cents worth of electric power for every 25 dollars in benefits they receive. If they're not healthy enough, let them find a proxy. Let's see what that does to the number of recipients.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 6:23:13 PM

1ball wrote:
Forget the drug testing. Instead, try requiring them to get on a stationary bike and generate 25 cents worth of electric power for every 25 dollars in benefits they receive. If they're not healthy enough, let them find a proxy. Let's see what that does to the number of recipients.

This was funny as hell. I'd buy that for a dollar. *snerk*
Ruthie
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 12:41:45 PM

Nobody wants money that's meant to help children and help people find jobs, which is what TANF is meant to do, used for buying drugs.The Florida testing didn't work very well. It didn't save the state any money, and actually cost the state more in reimbursement for the testing than the state saved in welfare benefits to drug users. Less than three percent of the people tested failed the drug test in Florida. The sponsors of the bill expected more people to fail despite the fact that there was no evidence to show that TANF recipients were anymore likely to use drugs than anyone else.

What the Florida law, and the laws in Georgia and elsewhere were meant to do was to make it harder for people to seek assistance. In Florida there was no decrease in the number of people applying for TANF, so even that didn't work out as the sponsors thought it would. It's just another government program that ended up costing more that it saved.
FantasyFiction
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 2:51:18 PM

i had to pass a drug test to work, i think it is only fair that people receiving my taxdollars do the same.

Success is doing what you love, and doing it so well that someone will pay you for it.
http://www.lushstories.com/fantasyfiction