Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Kids today and society in general...your thoughts? Options · View
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:53:59 AM

So i just wanted to know your thoughts of kids today and society in general, like how society today affects our children today. any thoughts?
littlemissbitch
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 9:03:29 AM

read on FB...

I cringe to think of a world run by adults who were never spanked as children and got trophies for last place.

i agree.

littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:20:32 AM

...yeah that makes sense XD
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:33:10 AM

littlemissbitch wrote:
read on FB...

I cringe to think of a world run by adults who were never spanked as children and got trophies for last place.

i agree.

Right, but look on the bright side. Think of the advantage our kids will have, armed with actual parenting, prepared way better than the vast majority of their competition!
blazestcyr
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:36:15 AM

spoiled...as adults we see it now that sense of entitlement from the fallout of the 70's crap that to punish a child hurts their self esteem

my kids when they misbehaved BADLY got 1 pop on the butt

they never misbehaved in public

they do not talk back to adults

i am a parent first, not their buddy

but i also put their needs first...i am not out all night partying or bringing home endless partners....

if they need something..i go without

so if kids are bad you have to look to what kind of homelife they have.....

kids start out good....we as adults change....them
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:19:15 AM

blazestcyr wrote:
spoiled...as adults we see it now that sense of entitlement from the fallout of the 70's crap that to punish a child hurts their self esteem

my kids when they misbehaved BADLY got 1 pop on the butt

they never misbehaved in public

they do not talk back to adults

i am a parent first, not their buddy

but i also put their needs first...i am not out all night partying or bringing home endless partners....

if they need something..i go without

so if kids are bad you have to look to what kind of homelife they have.....

kids start out good....we as adults change....them

aaaye now were talkin
ElChupacabras
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:53:36 AM

I think that kids today are getting a little carried away, the problem being that they have do's and owe's all mixed up with freedom of speech and rights, all of the above leading them nowhere.

Nutbag ??? Does it make sense at all ?
oldrascal
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 12:15:46 PM

I posted this on another topic but I think it fits here too.

Wow, where do I start on this one? I grew up in the late forties and early fifties [assuming I grew up] and life for a child was completly different than what I see now. Walking to school over a mile, home for lunch, back to school, back home again was not enjoyable, but necessary. I thought nothing of walking and running endless miles after school and weekends, that was enjoyable. We wandered the woods and never had a thought of danger. Were there child predators then? If there were, and there must have been, it wasn't advertised. We were never warned to be wary of strangers, in fact, one of our favotite stopping places was the hobo jungle up the train tracks a ways. Conversation with some interesting characters and maybe a bite of [rabbit?] stew. Yes, we used the tracks as a different sort of sidewalk. Would parents now allow children on train tracks? Now I see children threaten their parents with the police if they even threaten corporal punishment, and have seen neighbors ticketed for doing so. I am bewildered by many of the things I see now and am dismayed by many of them. I see my children deal with my grandchildren and want to jump in, but I can't, it's not up to me anymore. Arghh, just a rant from an old fart. Never mind.
1ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:38:57 PM

I hesitate to post where there are parents, since we chose not to have kids and for some reason that means we're not qualified to judge kids today, but holy crap are there some messed up people who are growing up (or grew up) being treated like their opinions are just as valid as facts. I don't get enough exposure to kids now to know for sure, but I think I'm seeing some backlash to that. A lot of kids looked at that whole "Occupy" movement and just laughed at them while a lot of older people just nattered on about how socially relevant those gimme gimme protests were.

I feel kind of sorry for the kids who were taught all that politically correct rainbows and butterflies nonsense in school and learn the hard way when they get out that the world doesn't care much that they think they deserve a high salary and lots of benefits.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Amyyyyy
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 6:19:13 PM

I'm 19 and it's easy to say that we don't understand what the real world is like but it's not true! I'm a physiotherapist, paid off uni bills, i work 5 days a week! Yeah i may not have many years behind me and may be young but I've been through a lot already. I also find it annoying when people sterotype me with a handful of imature people, who have no vision or ambition. Its also not just my generation that are to blame what about the parenting that has brought them up to be like it?
1ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:01:36 AM

Amyyyyy wrote:
I'm 19 and it's easy to say that we don't understand what the real world is like but it's not true! I'm a physiotherapist, paid off uni bills, i work 5 days a week! Yeah i may not have many years behind me and may be young but I've been through a lot already. I also find it annoying when people sterotype me with a handful of imature people, who have no vision or ambition. Its also not just my generation that are to blame what about the parenting that has brought them up to be like it?

The bad parenting is definitely a factor. Don't get too upset about generalizations about your generation. There are exceptions to most generalizations and it's okay to be an exception. There's probably never been a time when the older people thought the younger people were generally well raised and ready to be productive by the time they reached voting age, but between parents and teachers, that seems to be less of a priority now than it should be. It seems that kids are being taught to assert their rights, which is fine, but also to trample the rights of others. To demand more for less effort. This leaves them ill prepared for taking responsibility for their own lives. Of course, some of them learn that sooner and do a better job of preparing themselves, but as a general trend, that seems less and less common.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:11:28 AM

Kids today/society in general. We've lost our civility and that's never good for any society. There's also a sense of entitlement, a belief that we should receive more than we should give, if at all, and no society can sustain itself on such beliefs.
elitfromnorth
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:26:05 AM

Our lives are too good. Simple as that. Me as a kid have never experienced hunger or lack of clothes or housing. Yes, I have experienced a lack of money to do or buy whatever I want, we were never a rich family, but at least I had food, clothes and a roof over my head. I'm not gonna lie, because if I ever get kids I hope they will have it better and easier growing up than I did. Not that it was a problem filled life or anything, but like most it had it's bumps and potholes, but I think we all want our kids' journey to be as smooth as possible.

All that said, if I get kids I don't want to spoil them and have them walking around like obnoxious little brats that I see around too many places, with parents who doesn't seem to care that the kids are misbehaving. I fear that one day I will grab a kid that's not mine and tell him to behave, because there are parents that are shite and the kids need to be told off.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:18:52 AM

I suppose that there might be different answers if you were to consider those youngsters born to and raised within broken families or families where affording an internet connection was considered a luxury.

When you start out with close to nothing...and barely having the necessities of life are considered luxury items...you tend to grow up with a whole different point of view and behavior.

If your parents were well off, by the time you were brought into this world or were old enough to remember being gifted with almost anything you ever pointed at and oinked for....

You're going to hold a set of values which are slightly out of fucking whack with the majority of people (your peers) on this planet.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:46:28 PM

infamous wrote:
So i just wanted to know your thoughts of kids today and society in general, like how society today affects our children today. any thoughts?

FUBAR - - - - is what I would say - - - - Fucked Beyond Any Recognition ( In most cases I blame the new age mentality of raising kids, and society in general ) To much to write about, and definitely not for this relaxing site - - - -