Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Ruling Lifts Ban on Prostitution Options · View
Milik_Redman
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:42:21 PM

Laws attempting to regulate human behavior have never worked. They failed in the US during Prohibition. Thet are failing miserably in the farcical war on drugs and never ever in the history has any government of any size been able to control prostitution.

Will making it legal stop abuse. Ah, no it won't. Criminals commit crimes for gain. Thats what they do. However that fact is no reason not to legalize prostitution because the bad guys will still be breaking enough laws to put them away even without some bullshit pandering charge.

Of course all of these points merely deflect attention from the real reason it should be legal and it comes down to one question. Who do you know of who you honestly feel is smart enough and wise enough to lay down blanket rules that you and everyone MUST live by? I don't know this person but I am fairly certain that if they are out there they aren't working for a government paycheck.

If you value freedom you value everyone's all the time. Anything less is only a shade of fascism.
Milik_Redman
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:46:23 PM

LadyX wrote:

That's true. I'm so not giving random BJs for today's rates if I have to pay into some tax system, or pay for a fake health inspection....errrr......get inspected regularly.

Lwinking

This gives me thoughts I'm not sure you want me having!
(Milik says as he fumbles clumsily for his wallet)
charmbrights
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 1:01:57 AM

Milik_The_Red wrote:
Laws attempting to regulate human behavior have never worked. ...

Too true, even speed limits outside schools are unenforceable.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:57:46 AM

LadyX wrote:

That's true. I'm so not giving random BJs for today's rates if I have to pay into some tax system, or pay for a fake health inspection....errrr......get inspected regularly.

Lwinking

But do you take coupons? Give frequent flyer miles? Anything?
ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:22:30 AM

Guest wrote:
in all seriousness if prostitution is legal then there is going to have to be rules and human rights regulations put on it. for example a whore house will now have to be clean and up to OSSAH (whatever the workplace thing's acronym is) standards. this will mean that the 'legal' prostitutes will be more expensive because their pimps will need to supply regulation things that cost a lot of money. johns looking for a cheap fuck won't find it at Henry's House of Holes so they will turn to a less than legal place where the regulations are ignored and everything is hush hush the girls will be treated terribly there as they were before prostitution was legalized thus starting the abuse, neglect and filth cycle all over again. Oh and the safer cleaner regulated Henrys House of Holes will go out of business because everyone goes to Billy's Cheap Bitches. so really no point in legalizing it plus i bet less people would participate if it was legal the thrill of breaking the law would be gone LOL

Why is this a problem? Prices might go up, big deal.

I got interested in this issue after a prostitute was murdered in our town in a massage parlor that had been set up in what had been a computer shop. At the time the law was that it was legal for a girl to work alone but two girls would make it a brothel and illegal. With some persuasion and some input from the council, the local police decided to interpret the law creatively. That model has since spread to most of the UK.

Health and safety exist to protect the employees. The experience in the UK is that effective decriminalization has not increased prices, on the contrary, competition has reduced them. The girls still prefer to work safely and legally and can make considerably more in an evening as they spend less time hiding from police.

The attitude you show is rather typical, you don't see the law in terms of what is fair, you only care about your own selfish interests. You don't care about the law because its (usually) only the girls who go to prison. Though your taxes are paying to keep them inside.

Why should the only paid sex on offer be a squalid fuck in a dingy room with poor light and the thin, rough towels provided by the cheaper type of motel?

ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:45:55 AM

kaotik1 wrote:
that ruling WON'T stop females from being forced into an industry. In many cases the women are brought over by a criminal organization and are forced into prostitution as a way to pay for their journey to another country due to the parents not having the money to provide passage. here is the kicker. if the women don't comply to the criminal element's ways the females family can get hurt because of the reach of the criminal organization itself.

That is a frequently made claim, evidence to support it is rather thin.

I work with Law Enforcement, I have written books on stopping crime. To stop crime you have to understand how it really works.

I am aware of a handful of kidnapping type cases like you describe but only a handful involving Western countries. Girls trafficked in that fashion are most likely to find themselves in a war zone or the gulf or some other lawless state.

A couple of Russians did kidnap an Estonian girl a while back, fortunately they took her to London and it only took a couple of weeks before she had a John who spoke Estonian. He had a cell phone and the pair are currently doing a ten year stretch in the scrubs.

Prostitutes meet large numbers of customers in private every day as part of their job. It only takes one complaint from one girl to shut the place down. A few years back that happened in San Francisco where a single claim by one girl led to every asian massage parlor in the city being shut down.

There is no shortage of women willing to work as prostitutes in South Korea. There is a large prostitution business there. A prostitution ring looking to make money is going to be much more interested in bringing over a girl already working as a prostitute than a girl who might cry rape and cause trouble. You can't get a US immigration visa to work as a prostitute so they are breaking the immigration laws but the idea that the only reason a girl would work as a prostitute is being tricked into it is complete bullshit.

Of course the girls will say something rather different if they get arrested, especially if there is an ambitious DA looking to make a name for herself as the smasher of a slave trafficking ring. But that does not make it true.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:28:38 PM

ByronLord wrote:

That is a frequently made claim, evidence to support it is rather thin.

I work with Law Enforcement, I have written books on stopping crime. To stop crime you have to understand how it really works.

I am aware of a handful of kidnapping type cases like you describe but only a handful involving Western countries. Girls trafficked in that fashion are most likely to find themselves in a war zone or the gulf or some other lawless state.

Of course the girls will say something rather different if they get arrested, especially if there is an ambitious DA looking to make a name for herself as the smasher of a slave trafficking ring. But that does not make it true.

Have you heard about this one?

Quote:
The state says it didn’t know he ran a nightspot connected to human smuggling...

It's good that it's uncommon. It would be better if it were unheard of.
ramrod32784
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 10:00:01 PM

you can't legislate morality.Legalize it ,control it.But then the government did acquire a brothel for taxes and tried to run it and they even screwed that up
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:27:26 AM

tbh, i dont really want prostitution legalized. at all. thing is, paying money to exploit and have your way with someone elses body is just disrespectful of them as a human physically and mentally. sex should be something that happens between 2 people who love each other very much, not sumthing that can be traded for money, really its disgusting, that the human being can think of using that way to make money. sigh...
1ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:03:38 PM

infamous wrote:
tbh, i dont really want prostitution legalized. at all. thing is, paying money to exploit and have your way with someone elses body is just disrespectful of them as a human physically and mentally. sex should be something that happens between 2 people who love each other very much, not sumthing that can be traded for money, really its disgusting, that the human being can think of using that way to make money. sigh...

The thing is, the more that the legal code of a society presumes to judge the way you have, the more advantage the society gives away to other societies. Regulating based on your opinion of what is disrespectful or disgusting is simply attempting to control behavior by using the coercive power of government. People find more opportunity where there is less oppressive government. Capital finds its way to where there is more economic activity and less regulation. Places that favor lots of prohibitions based on "moral" values become economic backwaters. Then the Amish or the Mormons move in.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:46:46 PM

I think if it is made legal and properly regulated then pimps lose the power, women will be able to choose it as a profession for themselves, it would be a lot cleaner and safer and frankly, some guys can't talk to women for whatever reason so maybe paying for that sexual companionship is all they can do...?