Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

28 year old British Mother BANNED from nightclub for dressing too sexy! Options · View
Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:16:59 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 14,258
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Dancing_Doll wrote:


LOL South Beach is sooo bad for that scene. If you have enough cash though, you can hire a promoter that will arrange for you to get into all the clubs ahead of time with VIP all the way (similar to Vegas). Or they can pay off the guy at the door. Getting into clubs and events is one area of life where it's way better to be a girl. Then again I've seen girls partying their way through free champagne and drugs in South Beach by letting themselves be passed around like a groped plaything for the sleazoids with cash... that isn't cool either.


There are many such clubs in NYC too. Unless your on the guest list, an A-list celeb or an ultra hot girl, you are not getting in. Occaisionally a "regular" girl may get in if she is willing to do a "favor" for the door attendant, but that is only at the less popular clubs.
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:24:54 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,495
Location: Alabama, United States
Nikki703 wrote:


There are many such clubs in NYC too. Unless your on the guest list, an A-list celeb or an ultra hot girl, you are not getting in. Occaisionally a "regular" girl may get in if she is willing to do a "favor" for the door attendant, but that is only at the less popular clubs.


What is the draw of this type of club? Is there a less chance of being hit on by a scummy dude? See, I wouldn't want to go to some place that was so superficial. It would annoy the shit out of me. And I get annoyed standing in line at Circle K. If I had to stand in line to get into a club I'd go bonkers.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:55:09 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,804
lafayettemister wrote:


What is the draw of this type of club? Is there a less chance of being hit on by a scummy dude? See, I wouldn't want to go to some place that was so superficial. It would annoy the shit out of me. And I get annoyed standing in line at Circle K. If I had to stand in line to get into a club I'd go bonkers.


The draw is that by actually being exclusive about who it doesn't let in, a club will ideally be considered more exclusive by reputation, leading to more press pics filled with hot men and women, which in addition to being 'cool' usually means more and more money gets spent there. And yes, guys want to be in a club where the the girls are all hot, and the girls want to be in a club where scuzzy guys aren't outnumbering them.

I'm not sure what your position was on bars allowing or disallowing smoking, but for those who feel a business owner has the right to run his/her own business as they see fit, to me this is the exact same issue and rights in question.
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:01:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,495
Location: Alabama, United States
LadyX wrote:


The draw is that by actually being exclusive about who it doesn't let in, a club will ideally be considered more exclusive by reputation, leading to more press pics filled with hot men and women, which in addition to being 'cool' usually means more and more money gets spent there. And yes, guys want to be in a club where the the girls are all hot, and the girls want to be in a club where scuzzy guys aren't outnumbering them.

I'm not sure what your position was on bars allowing or disallowing smoking, but for those who feel a business owner has the right to run his/her own business as they see fit, to me this is the exact same issue and rights in question.


Hmm, not quite the same. A smoker would still be able to get into an establishment, just not be able to smoke in one that is non-smoking. There wouldn't be someone at the front door checking purses and pockets for cigarettes or smelling for smoke odor on clothing.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:02:32 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,804
True, but both get at the heart of what a business owner can do, right? Maybe you're not advocating that a business shouldn't be able to choose who it refuses service to, but to me, that's the cornerstone of a business owner's rights.
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:07:45 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,495
Location: Alabama, United States
No, I beleive a business owner should be able to refuse whomever they like. I'm jsut saying in this instance it doesn't seem justified. They have the right to do it, but it doesn't mean they WERE right in doing so. If this woman was drop dead gorgeous, they'd have allowed it. I could refuse service to some obese person, because he/she disgusts me (not true btw) but it wouldnt' be right.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:11:03 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,804
Right according to whom, though? Let's not beat around the bush here, the whole idea is that they don't want ugly people in there, whether it's their face, body, or attire (or all of the above) that's causing the ugliness. It's bad for business. Granted, not everyone's on board with that, but those who are offended aren't in the trendy club demographic anyway.
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:13:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,495
Location: Alabama, United States
LadyX wrote:
Right according to whom, though? Let's not beat around the bush here, the whole idea is that they don't want ugly people in there, whether it's their face, body, or attire (or all of the above) that's causing the ugliness. It's bad for business. Granted, not everyone's on board with that, but those who are offended by it aren't in the trendy club demographic anyway.


Would you allow the same leniancy if that were applied at a drug store? School? Clothing store?





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:15:07 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,804
How would it benefit a Walgreens or a Dillard's to exclude ugly people? If it did, then it would be their right to do so. If enough people are excluded or offended, then there's a good business opportunity for somebody else to cash in on: drug stores and department stores for homely people.*




*oh wait. Walmart.evil4
MrNudiePants
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:02:48 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,226
Location: United States
lafayettemister wrote:
Would you allow the same leniancy if that were applied at a drug store? School? Clothing store?


Never heard of the clothing store "5.7.9"?

Fat people (anyone over a size 9) need not shop within.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:04:13 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,226
Location: United States
lafayettemister wrote:
No, I beleive a business owner should be able to refuse whomever they like. I'm jsut saying in this instance it doesn't seem justified. They have the right to do it, but it doesn't mean they WERE right in doing so. If this woman was drop dead gorgeous, they'd have allowed it. I could refuse service to some obese person, because he/she disgusts me (not true btw) but it wouldnt' be right.


If you choose to refuse service to ugly people, then that is your right. It doesn't make you a nice person, but in business, nice guys generally do finish last.
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 7:00:01 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,495
Location: Alabama, United States
MrNudiePants wrote:


Never heard of the clothing store "5.7.9"?

Fat people (anyone over a size 9) need not shop within.


Not really the same. A overweight person would still be allowed to walk in the doors. There may not be anything in the store for them, but they wouldn't be banned from entering based soley on their weight.

I'm not disagreeing that a business can refuse whomever they choose. I've had to do it myself. But it was always based on something the person did as opposed to what they wore, their age, their gender. I still think she was banned for something other than her clothes, that's just their public stance. They probably didn't want to publicly embarrass her by telling the world she's a skank or a troublemaker.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2012 7:35:00 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,757
Location: Cakeland, United States
lafayettemister wrote:
I must have lived a sheltered life. I've never been or even seen a club with the velvet rope waiting line outside. Damn, I need to get out more. lol


You're not missing much, Chief. Pretty much the same thing goes on inside those clubs as what occurs in the nightclubs which aren't tripping on their reputation so much.

But if you absolutely, positively need to gain access, that's why god invented greenbacks. Slide a couple Franklins to the doorman and change his attitude. Yeah, I know...it sucks.

Way of the world, Mister.

You can always head down to the dive with the jukebox, three pool tables and the dance floor which opens up, when you move six tables and 20 chairs out of the way. Probably have as good a time, too!

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Playmale
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 6:43:52 PM

Rank: Smiley Guru

Joined: 7/16/2008
Posts: 551
Location: United States
I can't be the only one who immediately though of this scene...
Guest
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2012 1:46:56 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 779,509
There isnt anything wrong with what shes wearing in my opinion.
The red dress is quite nice, but the others arent my cup of tea.
No way she should have been banned for wearing those things though!
Im sure weve all seen people wear far worse and far less.
rushman1uk
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 1:46:32 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/26/2008
Posts: 325
Location: United Kingdom
I can't see the problem on what's she's wearing. The bouncers need to get a reality check & stop thinking they can just piss people off. Nice tit's on her btw :)
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:58:06 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 779,509
The articles are in The Sun and The Mail so I doubt if they are amazingly accurate. It seems a shame though to ban her from a club for dressing like that when some girls wear even less...? The world has gone crazy! :S
Guest
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:24:08 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 779,509
She looks like she has no classy and that's probably because she has no class. Fetish party, yes. Wear the attire and have a good night, but for a few Lambrinis and dance around the handbag at the local dive? Not a good look love.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:18:31 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 779,509
cooogahh. I think the club, is worried what might happend, in the wee hours, after the last patrons have been pumped full of booze.

She looks cranky, the outfits don't suit her personality

-shudder-
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.