Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Girl chooses spanking over in school suspension. Mom gives permission to school. Ok or not ok? Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 11:42:38 AM

Rather than spend two days in in-school suspension for allegedly letting another student copy her classwork, Taylor Santos, a well-regarded student and athlete at Springtown High School, near Fort Worth, Texas, chose to get paddled.

As her mother, Anna Jorgensen, told ABC News affiliate WFAA-TV in Dallas, Taylor didn’t want to miss any classes because “her grades are very important to her.”

So Santos went to the vice principal’s office to request a paddling. She called her mom, who said that as long as her daughter was OK with it, so was she. According to school policy, parents who don’t want their children to subject to corporal punishment must submit a written statement each year.

What neither Jorgenson nor Santos knew was that a man — the vice principal — would be doing the swatting, while a female watched. As far as Jorgensen knew, she said, school policy mandated that males spanked males and females spanked females.

Because of the force with with Santos was struck, her bottom was fire-engine red and looked as if it had been “burned and blistered,” said Jorgensen, who took photos as evidence.

Another student, Jada Watt, said she smarted off to the same male vice principal, and received the same punishment, which was observed by a male police officer.

Her mother, Cathi, said she “wasn’t expecting a bruise.”

“A swat is a swat–yes it is and they do sting. But to bruise a child? If I had done that, they would have called CPS on me,” Cathi Watt said.

“Two men giving her a swat behind closed doors, that is creepy,” she added.

While paddling in public schools has been outlawed by 31 states, as well as by Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico, the Supreme Court ruled in 1977 that it was legal unless it has abolished by local authorities, according to the web site Corpun.com.

It is legal in 19 states; efforts to ban it in Wyoming, North Carolina, Louisiana and Texas failed. However, in 2011 laws were introduced in both Texas and North Carolina giving parents the right to exempt their students from paddling.

“A lot of people think it was abolished 20 years ago,” Jimmy Dunne, president of People Opposed to Paddling Students (POPS), told ABC News. A former math teacher in the Houston Middle Schools, Dunne founded POPS in 1981 and has been the spanker and spankee. But he refused to participate after noticing that some teachers were “getting sadistic pleasure out of hitting these kids.”

He has actively tried to get schools to curb the practice ever since, but he has met with resistance. In June, he appeared at an anti-corporal punishment in schools rally in Washington, D.C., and will be attending a school board meeting on Monday after a 13-year-old student at Barbers Hill Middle School in Houston was covered with welts and bruises after a paddling he received for getting three consecutive zero grades.

“Members of the Texas legislature say, ‘I was paddled, and I turned out OK,’” he said. “Or they say they want to leave it up to the local district to decide. They think it’s good discipline. But it’s legalized child abuse. I always say if this was done away from the school, the person would be arrested.”

The day after her daughter’s paddling, Jorgensen called the vice principal to complain, but was told it was “normal for her bottom to look like this after receiving swats.” The vice principal added that he had no idea about the same gender swatting, Jorgensen said.

Neither Jorgensen, nor the vice principal nor Springtown ISD Superintendent Mike Kelley, was available for comment by ABC News. But according to WFAA, Kelley is going to ask the school board to abolish the same gender policy, since adhering to it can be difficult on some campuses.

Jorgensen told WFAA that she will be at the school board meeting to encourage them not to abolish the same-gender policy.

“I think Taylor is proof that we need to keep that policy,” she said. “I don’t believe a man intentionally meant to do that to her, but it still happens, because men are too big and strong to be hitting 96-pound girls.”

==========================

Honestly, I didn't even know that paddling students was still allowed at all. But, if you choose to be spanked do you have any cause to complain afterwards? Unless, it was overboard and inflicted serious injury. If this young lady chose to be paddled, is it her responsibility to find out all the facts BEFOREHAND? Twice I was sent to the principal's office as a kid and got paddled. Neither time damaged me. However, I'm not sure I'd want my kid to be paddled. But again, if my kid chose this punishment and I agreed to it, would I have any ground to stand on to complain?

I looked through the school's student handbook and saw no mention of same-sex paddling, although it could be on some district/state policy.

The last statement is interesting. Is it ok for a grown "big and strong" man to be hitting 96-pound boys? If the objection is bigger vs smaller, is gender relevant?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 1:01:22 PM

In my opinion she took the paddling thinking it was going to be an easy thing. When she found out what getting a spanking is all about, she and her mother cried foul. Tough shit. She wanted it. Her mother agreed to it. It's not supposed to be a light tap on the butt. It's supposed to hurt/sting. Red, warm to the touch, stinging sensation, Yes. Bruising darkness and swelling, no.
I also don't care that she's a "well regarded student" who "allegedly" got caught cheating. The teacher represents the law in the school. (school law). He/she caught her cheating and she got suspension. She should have thought of the consequences before she let that kid cheat off of her. Hope she learned her lesson.

btw, I get a gyno exam by a man with a woman watching too and I'm not much more than 96 pounds and it's a lot more invasive. evil4
1ball
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 1:02:02 PM

I don't understand the need for a same-gender policy. I understand the need for an observer of the same gender. Bruising? dontknow It seems like not such a big deal if kids get bruised in phys ed classes, so it seems like being hit memorably hard might be acceptable, if it's only bruising. I'm more concerned about a mother taking photos of her daughter's ass. If it's going to be evidence of an assault, that should be the responsibility of someone else.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 1:57:16 PM

chefkathleen wrote:
In my opinion she took the paddling thinking it was going to be an easy thing. When she found out what getting a spanking is all about, she and her mother cried foul. Tough shit. She wanted it. Her mother agreed to it. It's not supposed to be a light tap on the butt. It's supposed to hurt/sting. Red, warm to the touch, stinging sensation, Yes. Bruising darkness and swelling, no.
I also don't care that she's a "well regarded student" who "allegedly" got caught cheating. The teacher represents the law in the school. (school law). He/she caught her cheating and she got suspension. She should have thought of the consequences before she let that kid cheat off of her. Hope she learned her lesson.

btw, I get a gyno exam by a man with a woman watching too and I'm not much more than 96 pounds and it's a lot more invasive. evil4

Not to get off subject, but that's 96 pounds of pure fuckability!

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 5:48:27 PM

I see the need and sense in same gender spanking (if you're going to have corporal punishment in schools). I am appalled that the adult male principal did not excuse himself from the role of 'Chief Spanker' and ask for a female teacher or administrator to do the honors.

If you can't see the creepiness factor is super high for an adult male authority figure/principal - paddling a teen age girls ass in front of a police officer (male or female)...then that says a great deal about you - I think.

If I was that young woman's father...That HS Principal's ass would be grass and I'd be the lawnmower. If she doesn't have a father...then step-father, uncle, grandfather (etc...) should be having more than just a polite conversation with the fucking icky creepazoid.

He should have his ass spanked and a few of his other body parts altered.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
CleverFox
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 6:16:46 PM

Personally, I am all for corporal punishment in schools. I think any adult teacher should be able to beat a child senseless anytime that adult teacher feels the need. After all, I believe it is a well established fact that children learn best in an atmosphere of fear and pain. And what better way to get your students to fear you then to beat them as hard as you can with wooden paddles? I mean, if you can't inspire respect, then, by all means create fear.
Buz
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 6:41:01 PM

I would have chosen the spanking also. As a kid if my parents gave me a choice of a spanking or being grounded I always chose spanking. They adjusted and started giving me a spanking and grounding both. I started behaving better.

I think another teacher should be present as a witness if corporal punishment is administered at school.

While I believe that a spanking (corporal punishment), not a beating, is perfectly okay, the idea that fear and pain leads to a better learning environment for children is ludicrous and insane.

Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 7:59:29 PM

The spanking itself is fine with me. the fact that she chose it and her mother okay'd it leaves them in the clear. your ass isn't just going to get a couple of light swats and be sent skipping off to your next class. Punishment is there to enforce a lesson. The only thing i object to is the fact that it was administered to a female student, by a male school figure.

I agree with WMM completely in that he should have had the sense to pass it off to a a female teacher. And if it were someone in my family, there would be more than a few stern words sent that mans way.
kylie_kained
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:02:42 PM

beat_deadhorse She choose what she considered the easy option. The punishment was done correctly, in my eyes gender should not be an issue in any case of punishment. I would rather my own Children were punished this way as detention is no deterrent.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Bring back corporal punishment to all you would soon have a much better society......

beat_deadhorse

Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:09:43 PM

CleverFox wrote:
Personally, I am all for corporal punishment in schools. I think any adult teacher should be able to beat a child senseless anytime that adult teacher feels the need. After all, I believe it is a well established fact that children learn best in an atmosphere of fear and pain. And what better way to get your students to fear you then to beat them as hard as you can with wooden paddles? I mean, if you can't inspire respect, then, by all means create fear.

this is just ridiculous. i mean honestly, there is a difference between administering punishment and using enough force to get the job done, and beating a student as hard as you can to induce fear. kids would be too terrified of getting beat for the most minor infraction that i highly doubt there would be much effective learning. you must live in a very very delusional worldangry7
1ball
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:32:15 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
I see the need and sense in same gender spanking (if you're going to have corporal punishment in schools). I am appalled that the adult male principal did not excuse himself from the role of 'Chief Spanker' and ask for a female teacher or administrator to do the honors.

If you can't see the creepiness factor is super high for an adult male authority figure/principal - paddling a teen age girls ass in front of a police officer (male or female)...then that says a great deal about you - I think.

If I was that young woman's father...That HS Principal's ass would be grass and I'd be the lawnmower. If she doesn't have a father...then step-father, uncle, grandfather (etc...) should be having more than just a polite conversation with the fucking icky creepazoid.

He should have his ass spanked and a few of his other body parts altered.

A father should prefer that his daughter be paddled by a potentially creepy female? None of the female administrators on your planet are Domme? and all of them are hetero? I find the very fact that you say "do the honors" a bit creepy and I wouldn't want you to be near a son either.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:34:57 PM

Sprichler wrote:

this is just ridiculous. i mean honestly, there is a difference between administering punishment and using enough force to get the job done, and beating a student as hard as you can to induce fear. kids would be too terrified of getting beat for the most minor infraction that i highly doubt there would be much effective learning. you must live in a very very delusional worldangry7

evil5 The CleverFox's sarcasm is sometimes off the rails. evil4

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:37:21 PM

1ball wrote:

A father should prefer that his daughter be paddled by a potentially creepy female? None of the female administrators on your planet are Domme? and all of them are hetero? I find the very fact that you say "do the honors" a bit creepy and I wouldn't want you to be near a son either.

I don't believe in nor do I endorse corporal punishment, big guy. So you got no worries about me cutting loose with a wooden weapon on any child or teenager.

Two men in a closed room, swatting HS girl's asses? That's fucking grounds for an ass kicking where I come from...by the adult male family figures in those girls lives to the perpetrators hiding behind 'authority' in the school district.

TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:42:00 PM

Wait... She got this because she let someone else copy off her?
And it was alleged? Not proven?
Does anyone else see a problem with this?
What happened to the little cheat? Let me guess... They took the suspension. d'oh!

1ball
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:49:36 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Two men in a closed room, swatting HS girl's asses?

You didn't understand when I said that I saw the need for a same-gender observer? And if both men were gay, femme and submissive, the creep factor might be way lower than if a sadistic lesbian was in with her alone. Agreed?

1ball
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:53:27 PM

TheDevilsWeakness wrote:
Wait... She got this because she let someone else copy off her?
And it was alleged? Not proven?
Does anyone else see a problem with this?
What happened to the little cheat? Let me guess... They took the suspension. d'oh!

It was probably observed by a teacher, handed to an administrator, and dealt with according to policy. There are no jury trials with prosecutors and defendants for school cheating infractions.

VanGogh
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:54:01 PM

In my opinion, I do not agree that any corporal punishment that results in bruising, breaking of skin or bones. That is ridiculous.

It did not state ... How many "swats" did she receive??? Was it 20 minutes worth of 4 "swats" per minute?? Or just ____ and the idea was to give it as hard as fuck??

In my opinion, I do not agree with a grown "mature" man administering such force on a teenager, regardless of parental and child approval for a "spanking/swatting". In my world, a swatting is not a force that would result in "bruising and appear to have blisters". I think the fucker enjoyed administering the punishment and probably jerked himself off after she left his office.

Yeah, WMM .... fucking creepazoids (regardless of the creepazoids sexual orientation or kink)!

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting withThe Secretary and The Student - first part with a Famous Story - over 40,000 views! woohoo!

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured and Famous story An Alluring Ass - over 30,000 views! woohoo!

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office with over 11,000 views! woohoo!

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:10:49 PM

1ball wrote:

You didn't understand when I said that I saw the need for a same-gender observer? And if both men were gay, femme and submissive, the creep factor might be way lower than if a sadistic lesbian was in with her alone. Agreed?

Well, first off this (below) is exactly what you typed: This is the first thing I saw you blurt out. The second thing you uttered which didn't give you a hall pass. And your comment about the mother taking photographic evidence of her own child's rear end is just fucking weird - why would THAT be of concern to any normal human being? A parent who raised that child from birth, changed their diapers, probably saw them running around in their house in their skivvies, swimwear...all their young lives? What...Seriously?

1ball wrote:
I don't understand the need for a same-gender policy. I understand the need for an observer of the same gender. Bruising? dontknow It seems like not such a big deal if kids get bruised in phys ed classes, so it seems like being hit memorably hard might be acceptable, if it's only bruising. I'm more concerned about a mother taking photos of her daughter's ass. If it's going to be evidence of an assault, that should be the responsibility of someone else.

No male authority figure should be swatting any non adult females ass in grade school, junior high school nor high school. Colleges don't administer swats for fucks sakes. You get caught cheating in those classes... they just bounce your ass out of the class and you lose your money you paid for the class ( you might even get kicked the fuck out of their university too ).

You don't have kids do you? I mean you never had children (neither did I) but it almost sounds as if you weren't really raised by parents who loved or liked you either. I don't know in what quadrant of which universe you reside where you think it's perfectly fine that there doesn't exist a same-gender swatting policy, (if corporal punishment is even still legally recognized & practiced) but obviously...it's not anywhere near the solar system I came from.

It doesn't even fucking matter at all if there is a female authority figure/observer in the same room or not. No adult male should be issuing physical/corporal punishment to any girls or young women who are still in High School. That's fucking Jacked up with a capital J.

You're not going to weasel out of your original sentence stated by now tossing in the words - gay or femme or Domme or calling into question the authority figure's sexuality ... in an effort to either clarify your creepy statement or throw lame ad hominems at me. It's not working. This isn't a case of adult consensual spanking sex play ... although it might be for that male adult HS Principal.

You're kind of transparent in an opaque manner, 1Ball. Just when I think you might be an okay guy...

You pop off with something that makes a guy go........ Hmmm

You're actually more jacked up than I first suspected.

Ruthie
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:16:31 PM

Corporal punishment when it is used in schools is used more often on the poor and minorities. I'm totally against corporal punishment in school. No adult should have the right to use physical violence against a child. There is evidence that it does more harm than good.

I also agree with TheDevilsWeakness that the girl shouldn't have been punished for something that was unproven. The other student might have copied off her paper without her knowledge. Why should she have been punished? What kind of lesson is that teaching?

WellMadeMale is right about what should have happened. If a male teacher had done that to me, I'm pretty sure my dad would have cleaned his clock. This vice-principal is an obvious pervert. How many other girls has this happened to who didn't go home and tell their moms?

1ball, as usual, has taken the authoritarian position that it must have been okay to do because the people in charge did it. There isn't much he won't defend if the ruling class does it. It's good to have someone willing to speak up for the powerful isn't it?
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:20:48 PM

1ball wrote:

It was probably observed by a teacher, handed to an administrator, and dealt with according to policy. There are no jury trials with prosecutors and defendants for school cheating infractions.

That's what you got from what I wrote?

The fact that she was the one copied and punished for it is ridiculous. This world is a whole lot more fucked up than I thought if this is considered okay. The punishment should've fell on the one doing the copying.

I won't even get into why I don't believe using brute force on another human being isn't right. Because it's not. EVER.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:14:41 PM

I lurve you womenz...

You knows who you is. All of ya evil4

lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:16:32 AM

CoopsRuthie wrote:
Corporal punishment when it is used in schools is used more often on the poor and minorities. I'm totally against corporal punishment in school. No adult should have the right to use physical violence against a child. There is evidence that it does more harm than good.

I also agree with TheDevilsWeakness that the girl shouldn't have been punished for something that was unproven. The other student might have copied off her paper without her knowledge. Why should she have been punished? What kind of lesson is that teaching?

WellMadeMale is right about what should have happened. If a male teacher had done that to me, I'm pretty sure my dad would have cleaned his clock. This vice-principal is an obvious pervert. How many other girls has this happened to who didn't go home and tell their moms?

1ball, as usual, has taken the authoritarian position that it must have been okay to do because the people in charge did it. There isn't much he won't defend if the ruling class does it. It's good to have someone willing to speak up for the powerful isn't it?

I admit I'm still undecided on this. How many students do or have gotten spanked/paddled at this school. If it's a regular occurrence and the male VP always performs the duties, then she should have known. Seems like the prevailing thought is that the male VP shouldn't have done the spanking because of some preconceived notion that it's sexual in some way. That's where I disagree.

I don't subscribe to the point of view that says all grown men are evil perverts waiting for the once-in-a-blue-moon chance to feel up, gawk at, chat up, or spank a teenage girl. Having a second person in the room is a safety thing, and in truth that person is there for the safety of the paddler moreso than for the paddlee. The observer is there strictly to prevent any student from being able to make a false claim and sue the VP, school, school board. It's highly unlikely that this guy paddled (using the word spank gives it a more sexual tone in my mind now) and sprung wood and left an oyster in his trousers. Or later sat behind his desk and rubbed one out. It's unfair to call this guy, for doing his job, a pervert. More than likely he's a decent guy that didn't want to do it anyway.

Maybe I'm not as jaded as some of you, but I think it's possible to set aside your sexual desires and not be a walking hard-on. I worked with youth, jr high to high school age for several years. I can promise you that the kids that I worked with were like MY kids. I never saw any of them in a sexual way. Even today with them being grown women, thinking of them sexually gives me the heebie jeebies.

I also worked as a licensed massage therapist and spent hours a day rubbing oil on the bodies of beautiful naked women. But I was able to disassociate and compartmentalize as needed. The clients on my table were never sexual to me, I was able to put that out of my mind. As I'm sure 99% of men who work as LMTs, gynos, proctologists, ministers, or any other field that puts men and women in intimate circumstances. In fact, while I worked in massage, I never even allowed myself to have "massage therapist/client" fantasies so as to not confuse work from play.

As a kid in grade school, Mr. Laborde did all the paddling. Boy or girl, he did it. In this day and age maybe it's safer for a woman to paddle girls. I can accept that. But let's not just assume that the VP at this school is a pervert and pedophile. It's unfair and unwarranted and waters down the definition of what a true perverted pedophile really is.

Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:58:50 AM

Maybe it was simpler: a suspension shows on your school transcripts, a spanking would not. Had things gone normally, this would never have seen the light of day. Maybe she was just trying to minimize the repercussions of her actions for later. And, yeah, a spanking should hurt and be embarrassing under these circumstances but not bruise.
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:00:54 AM

AND, how many of us are screwed up because our parents spanked us when we did something wrong? More likely it was being yelled at, told we were worthless or stupid or simply ignored that created the majority of issues......

Spanking does have an appropriate time and place. Personally, I am not sure it ever is appropriate in a high school setting because everything at that stage in life has sexual connotations.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:08:59 AM

Not every adult male in a position of authority, lording over people because they ARE the authority via fear and not via respect, are as fair minded as you represent yourself to be, LM. Not by a long shot.

If such was the case, there never would be the Catholic Priest authority/abuse issues or as we've recently learned - the haven of pedophilia that the Boy Scouts of America has been for the last several decades. There wouldn't be a near daily incident in this country of this kind of horseshit happening or being reported.

There are other, more adult ways of handling punishment issues in schools in America - which do not involve physical violence. That doesn't teach anyone who's being inflicted with such violence anything except - in my case.... how to get back at the motherfucker who made me submit to them and TAKE IT - Like A Man. A 20-25-30 year age difference inflicting that kind of physical force to a submissive person? Get real. That is medieval at worst, lazy and intellectually dishonest at best. There is no other lesson in that kind of punishment to a pre-teen or teen ager when such abuse is being pronounced upon them. Not even really by their parents (but that's another story).

I happen to know of more a few instances in the 1970s - 90s of HS football coaches, band instructors, shop teachers, principals and other 30 to 60 year old male authority figures at schools in my old home area school district (10 small rural schools) where inappropriate shit occurred and people were shielded until several adults who were kids when those things occurred to them - stood up and those cretins were punished...10, 15, 30 years after their offenses to the children/victims of their actions. (Many will cry - ANECDOTES don't count, WMM! And that is bullshit too. Our entire existence is described by anecdotes and stories and accusations)

Unfortunately, grade schools, junior high schools and high schools are all prime hunting grounds for control freaks, social deviates, sexual perverts and all manner of mentally disjointed adult fucktards preying on much younger people (who are often naive and ignorant due simply to youth and to being 'raised' and told to 'trust the authorities', they mean you no harm and are only there to protect you and everyone else).

You often don't have to go two weeks at a time in America where we can read in any online or daily newspaper about some new case involving adults preying on kids in our nations public or private schools. You could probably perform a Google search right now and find several incidents either reported, convicted, believed or suspected just since the first of September, 2012...in America. School has just started and it's on!

As I was mentioning to another Lush member last night...I was by no means an angel when I was in High School and I opted on four occasions (about once a year) to take 3 swats instead of a 3 day suspension for generally - fighting against bullies who had been jerking my chain til I couldn't take it anymore and struck back.

In the mid to late 1970s... corporal punishment was in force where I went to school and a 35-40 year old adult male HS principal dealt those swats using a custom made (by other students) 18" long x 10" wide x 5/8" inch thick ash paddle with 3/8" holes drilled through the business end to allow for maximum air flow. Custom lathed hand grip for two adult hands to hold like a baseball bat! That thing was a weapon, you better believe it. It may have been 30" in length - it was a large tool of fear.

That fucking asshole would say, "Hands to ankles, Mr. Whatever...here it comes!" Then he'd try to launch your ass across his 12'x14' office. If you (as I did for a few years) weighed less than 130pounds, that fucker could pick you up and indeed launch you. He definitely enjoyed that aspect of doling out punishment and was often heard bragging about how he made so and so 'crack' by whimpering, yelping or crying. I whimpered and yelped generally on swats two and three. Picking myself up off the floor by the third time and trying to stand with my ass pretty well fucked the fuck up to the point where I would not want to sit on it in one of those stock 1950's wooden classroom chair/desks.

On those occasions when I got whacked...the perpetrator who instigated the fight which I would retaliate or be goaded into initiating was almost always in Mr. Griffin's office with me - getting his ass rocketed across the carpet too. That common mutual abuse experience would often settle any ill feelings between me and whomever, as we both swore revenge on that fucking asshole.

That sadistic bastard left welts on my young country ass every occasion. I probably should've taken the suspensions, but I was an ignorant teenager not wanting to be seen as a further pussified weener/target by the rest of my peer group, so I'd take the swats.

I saw that asshat principal 5 years after I'd graduated HS and one year after I quit playing Division III college football...when I was his same approximate size and 23 years of age to his 45 years of age. I am not now, but I once was 6'3" 200 pounds of lean, conditioned, and ripped.

That was a conversation I'd been wanting to have with that motherfucker posing as a $30,000 salaried authority figure/principal/administrator - for several years. You could say that I had his complete and undivided attention for about 4 minutes and he didn't know whether to shit or go blind for the last 3 minutes of that back n forth. He did know not to pop off with one of his smart assed Southern Georgian good ole boy remarks or he'd been swallowing teeth at the very least.

No, MisterLafayette - not everyone is as fair minded and responsible as you might well be. That's why this kind of punishment (where physical & mental abuse CAN BE inflicted) should not even be given mature thought to being used or hinted at.

Men should not be wailing on girls/young women. EOS

Remove any shred of possible doubt and this would not even be a 'story'.
I had a man wailing on me, a young boy...who never went home and told his parents what I had experienced that day at school.

Not because I was afraid of my parents inflicting further physical punishment on me - they had both quit that kind of thing way before I'd hit my teens. I didn't want to have to deal with another round of angst from my mother or boxing lessons from my father.

1ball
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:09:07 AM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
In my world, a swatting is not a force that would result in "bruising and appear to have blisters".

That was a mother's opinion offered for a mother's reasons, which could have included a larger out-of-court settlement.

LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:12:17 AM

Whenever people talk about the loss of corporal punishment, it's almost always within some whiny monologue about how wimpy our culture has gotten, and how we don't discipline anybody, and parents don't care, and all the rest of the bullet points that always get touched on every time it comes up. And I don't disagree that all those things are true, but the removal of "swatting kids in the ass" as protocol has nothing to do with that, in my opinion.

Discipline can be done effectively in several different ways, and different kids respond to different things. Is there probably the occasional kid that only responds to getting hit on the backside? Perhaps. But in general, should multiple semi-violent physical blows be standard acceptable discipline? Should the occasional outlier kid that only understands brute force justify keeping corporal punishment as a commonplace punishment, given the flack it gets from parents as well as the possibility of icky situations such as the one posted in this thread? In both cases, I think not.

sprite
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:25:57 AM

first of all, i am against physical forms of punishment for non-consenting CHILDREN. secondly, any paddling that leaves bruises and welts went way too far. it's abuse, it's not punishment. thirdly, if they are going to do this shit, the parent is the one who should have been present, and it should have been administered by another female. Fourthly, as mentioned, how is it that the girl who is being copied OFF of is the one who got into trouble (as mentioned above). it's one thing when a parent gives their kid a swat on the bottom for mis-behaving - this just sounds barbaric to me, quite honestly.

Live, love, laugh.
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:26:23 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Not every adult male in a position of authority, lording over people because they ARE the authority via fear and not via respect, are as fair minded as you represent yourself to be, LM. Not by a long shot.

If such was the case, there never would be the Catholic Priest authority/abuse issues or as we've recently learned - the haven of pedophilia that the Boy Scouts of America has been for the last several decades. There wouldn't be a near daily incident in this country of this kind of horseshit happening or being reported.

There are other, more adult ways of handling punishment issues in schools in America - which do not involve physical violence. That doesn't teach anyone who's being inflicted with such violence anything except - in my case.... how to get back at the motherfucker who made me submit to them and TAKE IT - Like A Man. A 20-25-30 year age difference inflicting that kind of physical force to a submissive person? Get real. That is medieval at worst, lazy and intellectually dishonest at best. There is no other lesson in that kind of punishment to a pre-teen or teen ager when such abuse is being pronounced upon them. Not even really by their parents (but that's another story).

I happen to know of more a few instances in the 1970s - 90s of HS football coaches, band instructors, shop teachers, principals and other 30 to 60 year old male authority figures at schools in my old home area school district (10 small rural schools) where inappropriate shit occurred and people were shielded until several adults who were kids when those things occurred to them - stood up and those cretins were punished...10, 15, 30 years after their offenses to the children/victims of their actions. (Many will cry - ANECDOTES don't count, WMM! And that is bullshit too. Our entire existence is described by anecdotes and stories and accusations)

Unfortunately, grade schools, junior high schools and high schools are all prime hunting grounds for control freaks, social deviates, sexual perverts and all manner of mentally disjointed adult fucktards preying on much younger people (who are often naive and ignorant due simply to youth and to being 'raised' and told to 'trust the authorities', they mean you no harm and are only there to protect you and everyone else).

You often don't have to go two weeks at a time in America where we can read in any online or daily newspaper about some new case involving adults preying on kids in our nations public or private schools. You could probably perform a Google search right now and find several incidents either reported, convicted, believed or suspected just since the first of September, 2012...in America. School has just started and it's on!

As I was mentioning to another Lush member last night...I was by no means an angel when I was in High School and I opted on four occasions (about once a year) to take 3 swats instead of a 3 day suspension for generally - fighting against bullies who had been jerking my chain til I couldn't take it anymore and struck back.

In the mid to late 1970s... corporal punishment was in force where I went to school and a 35-40 year old adult male HS principal dealt those swats using a custom made (by other students) 18" long x 10" wide x 5/8" inch thick ash paddle with 3/8" holes drilled through the business end to allow for maximum air flow. Custom lathed hand grip for two adult hands to hold like a baseball bat! That thing was a weapon, you better believe it.

That fucking asshole would say, "Hands to ankles, Mr. Whatever...here it comes!" Then he'd try to launch your ass across his 12'x14' office. If you (as I did for a few years) weighed less than 130pounds, that fucker could pick you up and indeed launch you. He definitely enjoyed that aspect of doling out punishment and was often heard bragging about how he made so and so 'crack' by whimpering, yelping or crying. I whimpered and yelped generally on swats two and three. Picking myself up off the floor by the third time and trying to stand with my ass pretty well fucked the fuck up to the point where I would not want to sit on it in one of those stock 1950's wooden classroom chair/desks.

On those occasions when I got whacked...the perpetrator who instigated the fight which I would retaliate or be goaded into initiating was almost always in Mr. Griffin's office with me - getting his ass rocketed across the carpet too. That common mutual abuse experience would often settle any ill feelings between me and whomever, as we both swore revenge on that fucking asshole.

That sadistic bastard left welts on my young country ass every occasion. I probably should've taken the suspensions, but I was an ignorant teenager not wanting to be seen as a further pussified weener/target by the rest of my peer group, so I'd take the swats.

I saw that asshat principal 5 years after I'd graduated HS and one year after I quit playing Division III college football...when I was his same approximate size and 23 years of age to his 45 years of age. I am not now, but I once was 6'3" 200 pounds of lean, conditioned, and ripped.

That was a conversation I'd been wanting to have with that motherfucker posing as a $30,000 salaried authority figure/principal/administrator - for several years. You could say that I had his complete and undivided attention for about 4 minutes and he didn't know whether to shit or go blind for the last 3 minutes of that back n forth. He did know not to pop off with one of his smart assed Southern Georgian good ole boy remarks or he'd been swallowing teeth at the very least.

No, MisterLafayette - not everyone is as fair minded and responsible as you might well be. That's why this kind of punishment (where physical & mental abuse CAN BE inflicted) should not even be given mature thought to being used or hinted at.

Men should not be wailing on girls/young women. EOS

Remove any shred of possible doubt and this would not even be a 'story'.
I had a man wailing on me, a young boy...who never went home and told his parents what I had experienced that day at school.

Not because I was afraid of my parents inflicting further physical punishment on me - they had both quit that kind of thing way before I'd hit my teens. I didn't want to have to deal with another round of angst from my mother or boxing lessons from my father.

WMM, I see where you're coming from. I've come to the realization that paddling in schools should be banned. If a parent wants to paddle a child, that's one thing. A third party doing so, not so much. But within the acceptable policy at that school, it still happens.

As you said, the man that paddled you would try to launch you. My point is this, if you're opposed to a man wailing on girls/young women then you should also be opposed to men wailing on boys/young men. When I was in high school i weighed all of about 115 pounds. There were plenty of girls that were the same size or bigger. My 115 pound ass would have handled the beating the same as a 115 pound girl.

Yes, the news is full of men doing bad things to kids. It happens way too fucking much. But for every man that does inflict bodily or emotional harm to a kid, there are hundreds or thousands of good men teacher, coaches, band directors, ministers, Boy Scout leaders. I for one had very supportive band/music directors, a wonder youth minister. And being an Eagle Scout I can vouch that no one ever fucked with me. And none of my fellow Scouts has ever come out saying he was either. However, I have to admit. My Boy Scouts leader was my father and he is a wonderful man that is loved by many. Pillar of the community. Much more integrity than I'll ever have.

I have no problem with banning corporal punishment from schools. Not because men shouldn't paddle girls, but no one should be paddling anyone.

LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:27:39 AM

sprite wrote:
this just sounds barbaric to me, quite honestly.

It is.