Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can Romney/Ryan get elected? Options · View
curious3045
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:41:35 AM

I would llike to continue living in the US so I sure hope he can!!

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:26:31 PM

Better start packing.

R&R still have a chance, but it appears to be growing slimmer by the day. You might check out 538.com for a breakdown of all the polls and trends, then decide for yourself.

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Feels So Right, It Can't Be WrongMore steamy, seductive, straight step-sibling sex, 2-3

Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
a Festive contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding
HardNReady12
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:31:48 PM

stephanie wrote:

As Obama continues to wade through eight years of Bush engendered shit, incidentally blocked at every attempted reform by a vindictive Republican congress, Romney and Ryan lie, pander and patently back-flip in an effort to woo America.

Offering platitudes and empty passionless promises, and backed by mega-billion dollar corporations (who REALLY care about ordinary people...) these two men seem to be using soft soap and snake oil in an effort to hoodwink America into selling its soul.

Can they do it?

xx Steph

I guess being Irish, you don't remember the 8 years under W, Average unemployment was 5.26% to day is 8+ for 43 months now. Gas was $1.84 when Barry was installed, today $4 a gal. There are 15M more people on food stamps than under W. The permits for drilling for oil on public lands has been scaled back by 44% in the last years. The size of the work force is the smallest in 31 years, that's back to the last worst Pres. peanut farmer, Jimmy, and the lowest number of males in the work force ever. Gentle Ben Bernanke dumped $23B more money in the system in Aug. and is dumping $80B a month, adinfinitum into the system because QE3 sounds bad after QE 1 and QE 2 didn't work. The number of new federal imperial gubmint regulations has grown to an alarming rate, "These paperwork burdens are real, often ignored, and continue to grow," reads the analysis. "According to White House data, there were 8.8 billion hours of federal paperwork in FY 2010. The implementation of Dodd-Frank and the Affordable Care Act has driven this figure to 10.38 billion, an increase of 1.5 billion hours. To put this increase in perspective, assuming a 2,000-hour work year it, would take 771,999 full-time equivalent employees simply to fill out red tape. Or, during the same amount of time, workers could construct 220 Empire State Buildings."

His estimate is close to the $1.7 trillion estimate from the Small Business Administration which the White House distanced itself from. For comparison, the total U.S. GDP is $15 trillion.

The wave of Obama regulations has become a huge sore point in the business world with groups as large as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce down to the International Franchise Association crying for fewer rules. The administration, however, argues that the rules and regulations pushed out under the president have made products and workplaces safer.

Below are some of the estimates from Crews' report:

- A Baseline for Aggregate Annual Economic Regulation Costs: $373 Billion.

- A Baseline for Aggregate Annual Social Regulation Costs: $406 Billion.

- Additional Executive Agency Major Rule Costs Presented by OMB (But Not Tallied): $22.3 Billion.

- Independent Agencies' Annual Regulatory Costs: $4.58 Billion.

- Other Independent Agency Paperwork Costs: $21.56 Billion.

- Dep't of Agriculture: $9.05b

- Dep't of Commerce: $1.801b

- Dep't of Education: $3.032b

- Dep't of Energy: $9.089b

- Dep't of Health & Human Services: $184.805b

- Dep't of Homeland Security: $55.331b

- Dep't of Housing & Urban Development: $1.827b

- Dep't of the Interior: $5.321b

- Dep't of Justice: $1.253b

- Dep't of Labor: $121.987b

- Dep't of Transportation: $64.226b

- Dep't of the Treasury: $$1.32b

- Environmental Protection Agency: $352.997b

- U.S. Access Board (ATBCB): $851mil.

- Federal Acquisition Regulation: $1.356b

- Independent Agency and Certain Sectoral Regulatory Costs Antitrust: $2.34b

- Federal Communications Commission: $141.58b

- Financial Services: $102.46b

- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (paperwork): $336mil.

- Federal Trade Commission (paperwork): $2.85b

- Consumer Product Safety Commission: $193mil.

- EEOC: $122mil.

- Nuclear Regulatory Commission, plus paperwork: $414mil.

- E-gov (paperwork): $380mil.

- NASA (paperwork): $107mil.

- Nat'l Science Foundation (paperwork): $231mil.

- Small Business Admin (paperwork): $43mil.

- Social Security Admin (paperwork): $1.06b.

- Privacy Regulation: $1b.

- Immigration Restrictions: $12b
Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:56:10 PM

HardNReady12 wrote:

I guess being Irish, you don't remember the 8 years under W, Average unemployment was 5.26% to day is 8+ for 43 months now. Gas was $1.84 when Barry was installed, today $4 a gal. There are 15M more people on food stamps than under W. The permits for drilling for oil on public lands has been scaled back by 44% in the last years. The size of the work force is the smallest in 31 years, that's back to the last worst Pres. peanut farmer, Jimmy, and the lowest number of males in the work force ever. Gentle Ben Bernanke dumped $23B more money in the system in Aug. and is dumping $80B a month, adinfinitum into the system because QE3 sounds bad after QE 1 and QE 2 didn't work. The number of new federal imperial gubmint regulations has grown to an alarming rate,

In July 2008, gasoline prices were 4.40 per gallon. Gas prices increased 275% while he was president. The price you quote was after failing markets began to bring us into recession. Oil prices world wide declined during that period from July until Obama took office. The decline had nothing to do with Bush, except in so far as his failed economic policies led to world wide economic collapse.

Current prices on oil have little to do with production. The price is artificially high now because of market speculation. Most of the rhetoric that conservatives use gas and oil prices is based on myth. They want to keep subsidies high, allow oil companies to drill with little or no regulation, and enrich themselves with futures trading in the oil market. If you would bother actually looking into things rather than just quoting the lies and propaganda that you're told on Fox news and right wing radio, you could learn these things on your own.

tazznjazz
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:46:09 PM

I've been told that the banking crisis of 2008 isn't something you can really blame on a former or sitting president, but was a result of the practices of Alan Greenspan during his time controlling the Fed.

Anyone care to comment on this as Greenspan served through a number of administrations, both Dem. and Republican.

Buz
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:31:22 PM

The banking crisis was the result of numerous factors many of which had their start as early as the late 1970's. Fannie Mae & Freddy Mac loaning policies were one major contributor. Even the 'shrub" G.W. Bush was worried about it and asked the US Congress to take some action as early as 2004 but Congress of course did nothing. The roots are still very entrenched in our economic system and the recovery could be short lived. One huge factor is that credit was way too easy in America. Banking policies aimed at the short term profit rather than long term profit are a major factor also. Greenspan was always focused on the short term. The system has to change. It will eventually be forced to change. Failure does that.

curious3045
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:31:40 PM

This is for the uninformed people who follow the poles!! They are all slanted, especially towards those trying to save everyone. Time to elect a leader who has been in the trenches making money. There are too many smart voters our there to allow a lying nobody continue to ruin this great country! It won't be close, big red wave:)

My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
tazznjazz
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 12:09:35 AM

Buz wrote:
The banking crisis was the result of numerous factors many of which had their start as early as the late 1970's. Fannie Mae & Freddy Mac loaning policies were one major contributor. Even the 'shrub" G.W. Bush was worried about it and asked the US Congress to take some action as early as 2004 but Congress of course did nothing. The roots are still very entrenched in our economic system and the recovery could be short lived. One huge factor is that credit was way too easy in America. Banking policies aimed at the short term profit rather than long term profit are a major factor also. Greenspan was always focused on the short term. The system has to change. It will eventually be forced to change. Failure does that.

After researching a little more about it, the name Phil Gramm comes up, along with Presidents Clinton and G.W.Bush.

Mr. Greenspan was a believer in Ayn Rand and free markets as is Paul Ryan.

I dont know that much about economics but it seems to me that Romney/Ryan would be about freeing up Wall street regulations again so we can look forward to another round of tax payer funded bail outs, golden parachutes, and paradise junkets for a new wave of greedy profiteers who could care less if half of the U.S. loses their homes and jobs.

Talk about letting the foxes loose in the hen house!
HardNReady12
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 5:25:12 AM

I am willing to bet, $1000, that no one can find any video of a Bush 43, a McCain, or of a Romney voter making a statement that is as dumb as any of these voters, either now or 4 years ago after they voted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI Barry voter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJbOU4nmHQ Barry voter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8 Barry voter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNW4kEdBmhU Barry voter and foo stamp

Find me one video that shows a Conservative voter making a claim this dumb.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:27:36 AM

Eh. I'm sure you could find videos containing dumbass redneck nativist tea partiers, but most of us know idiots of all stripes exist without lifting YouTube clips from partisan blogs. What's it prove that you didn't already know?
1ball
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:35:02 AM

tazznjazz wrote:
I dont know that much about economics

And yet you feel qualified to opine about it.

If you and other Dems would cure your economic naivete, you would understand how stupid it is to consistently demonize the wealthy and how futile it is to try to enslave them and how ridiculous it is to believe that the efforts of Dems to regulate them is anything more than a smokescreen to enrich Dem cronies.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
LadyX
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 7:39:23 AM

1ball wrote:

If you and other Dems would cure your economic naivete, you would understand how stupid it is to consistently demonize the wealthy and how futile it is to try to enslave them and how ridiculous it is to believe that the efforts of Dems to regulate them is anything more than a smokescreen to enrich Dem cronies.

Wait...I still get my Obama-phone though. Right?

Re: the response above, I saw no wealth-demonization in her reply. Would you not agree that there's such a thing as too little regulation? It's not all tantamount to have nots hating haves.
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:12:38 AM

How come:
When Dems push for ending Bush-era tax breaks for the super wealthy, the GOP brands it, class warfare...
...but when the GOP calls for cutting tax breaks for the middle class (along with benefits and services) they call that, fiscal responsibility?

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Feels So Right, It Can't Be WrongMore steamy, seductive, straight step-sibling sex, 2-3

Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
a Festive contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding
HardNReady12
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:27:03 AM

Barry has a new tax program, take all the income of everybody making over 250K a year, then take all the profits of the top 400 corps., and finally take all the wealth of the billionaires. The result? It will run the federal imperial gubmint for about 8 months. So all you Obamabots grab your ankles and bend over if Barry gets 4 more. I got my Obama phone, remember you paid for it.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:47:06 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:
I got my Obama phone, remember you paid for it.

And not even a thank you. Where are your manners? angry7

sprite
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:00:21 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:
Barry has a new tax program, take all the income of everybody making over 250K a year, then take all the profits of the top 400 corps., and finally take all the wealth of the billionaires. The result? It will run the federal imperial gubmint for about 8 months. So all you Obamabots grab your ankles and bend over if Barry gets 4 more. I got my Obama phone, remember you paid for it.

yeah, i'm pretty sure all the billionaires and top 400 corps are going to go broke - don't worry, when i see the CEO of Exxon standing on the off ramp, i'll be sure to give him all my loose change.

Live, love, laugh.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:04:53 AM

If everyone would just be a little more optimistic about the coming collectivist revolution, all this would go a lot smoother. It's not like in the process of pillaging billionaires homes for all valuables we're really going to throw those families into the streets. I happen to know of some very nice Section-8 apartments that are vacant. I'll make sure they have a place there. We'll even leave a stack of food stamps on the countertop. You know, housewarming.

sprite
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:19:52 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:

Unfortunate but true BTW Why is was Hitler better than Barry? Hitler got the Olympics...........

AND he killed millions of Jews and homosexuals, not to mention lots of other ethnicities! i mean, talk about someone who got to the real root of the problem! Hopefully, the republicans can get that program going again :)

Live, love, laugh.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:23:31 AM

HardNReady12 wrote:

I think the GOP's goal of making Barry a one term President is well founded. In Jan '09 we owed $10.626T today it's over $16T. In Jan '09 Gas cost $1.84 today $4., Jan '09 there were 15M fewer people on food stamps. Average unemployment under W, 5.26% today, 43 months over 8.3%. The lowest work force in 31 years, and the lowest number of males employed ever, EVER. Yea I want that to stop. Call me silly but we can't afford 4 more under Barry. This lady, and I use the term very loosely, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio I know the program was started under W, but that is not the point. This lady gets her free phone and her foo stamps, no that's not a typo, that's what she says "foo stamps" and a ride to the polls to vote too, I bet. The madness must end. One term Barry.

Stereotypes do tend to perpetuate themselves, HnR - you for instance are a prime case in point.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
tazznjazz
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:46:49 AM

1ball wrote:

I do feel qualified to have a voice and opinion, yes, one of the nice features of living in a country that believes in freedom of speech, the press, religion and the vote.

One area I'm much more qualified than you is I'm a woman that objects to a political party that believes less government is is better government, then wants to tell me what gender I can marry and imposes it's morality upon my body and bedroom.

And after Nov., when I see you on a freeway ramp floating a sign saying ''tax loopholes for the rich gone, need food'' I'll toss a french fry your way.
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:59:31 AM

i would just like to say something....my hubby and i are living in this nightmear...no jobs....no money coming in.....going to food pantrys....getting medical care from our county because we cant afford reg. heathcare...i dont want to go on food stamps,i dont want the gov.in my life....but i applyed and they sent me a notice that they denied us because we missed are appointment...they never called to give us one,no email,and no reg. mail....so i think there are so many people on wellfare that dont need to be they are messing up the system...i like lush i come here to exscape reality it is really that bad out here....my parents lost there house..and are just hangging on...i know alot of 20 somthing year olds wont undrestand...but to be 40 somthing and my hubby 50 somthing jobs are hard to find! so when nov.comes i am voting for a man that hopfully will get america back on track...and hopfully stop iran from building nucler wepons...get us all out here strugling back on our feet with jobs not hand outs..i am still proud to be an american but i see her fadding away and that real does scare me!! iran is not afraid of us or alkida (sorry i spell bad)...this pres. is more conserned about coming out here to the ryder cup then meting with the pres of iseral...i dont want ww3 but it could happen...so please vote nov.vote what your heart tells you and look around see things they way they really are and not by what left sided poll tells you...thanks
1ball
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 11:58:23 AM

LadyX wrote:
Wait...I still get my Obama-phone though. Right?

I laughed when I saw them called Obama-phones. They should be called Pelosi-phones The program was started after the Dems took Congress in '06 and was up and running before the election in '08.

Quote:
Re: the response above, I saw no wealth-demonization in her reply.

Nobody demonizes wealth, but demonizing the wealthy is one of the ways of playing on the emotions of the voters. Babbling about foxes in the henhouse, golden parachutes, etc. while ignoring which party held Congress in the runup to the financial crisis qualifies as demonizing the wealthy.

Quote:
Would you not agree that there's such a thing as too little regulation?

It's not about the quantity when it's invariably poor quality. Both sides protect the wealthy. They have to. They can't afford to slit the golden goose's throat on their watch, because the golden goose has the ability to avoid it and punish whoever tries. But Dems politicians sell the delusion that they will in a way that soaks the middle class instead. Forcing the banks to offer sub-prime mortgages, while making it clear they'll be bailed out et voila, more opportunity to demonize the rich and dodge the truth. Look at who got hurt by the GM bailout. The shareholders. Now look at who the shareholders were. Charitable trusts, pension funds and middle class investors. Now look at who got hurt by the cash for clunkers program. Used car buyers are paying more due to the use of the broken windows fallacy.

Quote:
It's not all tantamount to have nots hating haves.

When it comes to wielding power from a strong central government, it is. The belief of the left that imaginary money becomes real wealth by wishing it so is magical thinking. There is a lot of real wealth waiting on the sidelines to see whether it will be safe to invest in the success of the US in 4 months or 52 months. It's all about investor confidence. We've had four years of investors taking profits and employing short-term thinking because they have no faith in the sustainability of the society. Investors are perfectly willing to give us another four years of that, if we indicate that's what we want.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
1ball
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 12:02:47 PM

LadyX wrote:
If everyone would just be a little more optimistic about the coming collectivist revolution,

The rich didn't get rich by being that stupid.

Quote:
all this would go a lot smoother. It's not like in the process of pillaging billionaires homes for all valuables we're really going to throw those families into the streets.

They'll be on a beach somewhere else in the world. Phoning in their instructions to Dem lawmakers.

1ball
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 12:06:47 PM

tazznjazz wrote:
I do feel qualified to have a voice and opinion, yes, one of the nice features of living in a country that believes in freedom of speech, the press, religion and the vote.

No matter how ignorant and self-defeating.

Quote:
One area I'm much more qualified than you is I'm a woman that objects to a political party that believes less government is is better government, then wants to tell me what gender I can marry and imposes it's morality upon my body and bedroom.

The Dems are counting on you to be worried about stuff like that while they destroy your economic liberties and opportunities.

Quote:
And after Nov., when I see you on a freeway ramp floating a sign saying ''tax loopholes for the rich gone, need food'' I'll toss a french fry your way.

Even if it's your last french fry?

tazznjazz
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 12:30:08 PM

If It was One ball flying the sign I'd have to feel it would be ignorant and self defeating to feed someone in need and drive on by.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 1:12:32 PM

1ball wrote:

The rich didn't get rich by being that stupid.

There is no stupidity in collectivism. We all prosper together, no possessions! :D

1ball
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 1:21:21 PM

tazznjazz wrote:
If It was One ball flying the sign I'd have to feel it would be ignorant and self defeating to feed someone in need and drive on by.

It wouldn't be me flying the sign. Nor would it be anyone else with high net worth. Take a look at how people migrate in net worth vs. how they migrate in income. Break the population up into groups of 5. Call them quintiles. 20% of the population in the lowest quintile in income. 20% in each quintile up the the highest. Same for net worth. You'll find a lot of people in the highest quintile of net worth that are virtually immune to taxation. Not so for the highest in income. Plenty of people in the middle quintiles of income that are in lower quintiles of net worth. There are also some people in the middle quintiles of net worth that are in the lower quintiles of income. People migrate out of the highest quintile of net worth by dying. People get into it by being in the highest quintile of income. The wealth envy of Dems guts the middle class by taking away the ability to earn, not the ability to keep. The lower class suffers from the loss of opportunity that a strong middle class supplies. The Dems want to pretend that it's never the cream that rises to the top, but instead it's always the scum. The dregs get ignored or pampered by the Dems.

1ball
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 1:37:32 PM

LadyX wrote:

There is no stupidity in collectivism. We all prosper together, no possessions! :D

Collectivism's delusion: Tax the rich, feed the poor, 'til there are no poor no more.

Reality: Try to tax the rich, feed the poor, 'til there is no middle class.

Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 2:08:14 PM

I sure hope so, but the reality is , its not in their favor at this point
Kitanica
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 3:26:51 PM

1ball wrote:

Collectivism's delusion: Tax the rich, feed the poor, 'til there are no poor no more.

Reality: Try to tax the rich, feed the poor, 'til there is no middle class.

reality is the middle class is disappearing because the rich are taking all the money to off shore bank accounts and hiding it.
The mere existence of poor and hungry people is their fault.