Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Female best friend Options · View
blackpoolguy
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:24:29 PM

How many woman on here has a man as there best friend in real life but nothing sexual? My best friend is female but it has caused problems in my relationships as I don't see why I have to give up a best friend to make a girlfriend happy am I being selfish?
Dani
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:28:52 PM

Depends on the extent of the relationship you have with this best friend. If there's problems in your relationship that you talk to about with your best friend before your gf, then that's a problem. And some things are just inappropriate. Try to avoid anything that makes your girlfriend feel secluded. I'm not saying you have to get rid of your best friend, but some things may have to change. It's not always insecurity. Granted, some women are just jealous. But most of us have instincts about these things.

And that goes either way, as far as a woman in a relationship having a male best friend.

K8Lin
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:29:46 PM

For me, it wouldn't make a difference. Friends are friends. Plus, I always think if he is going to cheat, he could do so anytime...whether he has a best friend who is female or not. It's about trust I guess.
blackpoolguy
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:36:11 PM

We have been best friends over ten years if anything sexual was going to happen then it would have by now and yes we talk about everything
niki1993
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:39:08 PM

I have a male best friend. We have been best friends since kindergarten. We never had any problems with any sexual tension between the two of us because he is gay. I've know him so long that I think of him more as a brother then I do best friend.
FelineFantasy
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:27:29 PM

I don't think it's being selfish at all.. so long as you're not doing anything wrong, you shouldn't be put in the position to be deciding between two influential people in your life. You need to learn how to pick and choose more wisely, insecurity is definitely not sexy especially coming from a woman because it can go downhill quicker than you can imagine. Broaden your horizons and sights on someone less co-dependent and conflicting would be the best advice I can give you.

Click > here < to read my first feature story, Techno Aphrodite by Piquet!
submary69
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 12:16:50 AM

I was in a wedding several years ago where the "best man" was a woman.