Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

WARNING!!! POLITICAL!!!! DNC changes rule for party position against delegates votes! Options · View
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:41:13 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
Last night the Democratic Party changed their platform to RE-include God and the position that Jerusalem is the center of Israel. This was against the floor vote of delegates done by voice vote twice voting in the negative for the reinstatement. The third vote follow the two previous but some how the DNC heard more 'aye's than 'nay's and passed the change.

The delegates voices went ignored dispute their obvious displeasure. The party leaders had made a choice to reinstate God and Jerusalem because polls show a drop in favor with the voters, delegates vote be dammed.

At the RNC earlier changes were made at the convention I was not happy with and I stated so in another post, because rules are rules. Many liberals and socialists took that as an opportunity to pounce on the RNC....

NOW IS THEIR CHANCE TO COME CORRECT!!!

Call your party out for doing the same thing now that you so hated in the RNC(as I did). Or forever be dismissed as a hypocrite poster child.

The arguement is NOT whether you agree or disagree with the party position change, it's whether you agree with the way it was done by fiat from the Party command ...or not.dontknow

RM


Let the shit-slinging, verbal abuse and liberal name calling begin.



"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:13:34 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,773
Totally agree, Robin! That was awful.
elitfromnorth
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:47:42 AM

Rank: Brawling Berserker

Joined: 2/12/2012
Posts: 1,637
Location: Burrowed, Norway
Since I'm a social democrat it means that I'm allowed to spit at both sides without being a hypocrite evil4

But this isn't really a surprising thing. God have been the center of American Politics waaaaaaay too long. The US have no state-religion, but every President goes "God bless America and God bless you all". Here we have Christianity as our state religion and we have a state church(kinda, it's getting blurry these days due to transition), but not even the Christian Peopleparty involve God in anyway. Not even when it comes to abortions or gay rights.

And because of that, a politician won't ruin his career when he publically says "Israel, you really fucked it up now." Hell, one of the parties that are in the coalition for government have openly said that they support the Palestinians against the Israeli. Imagine Hillary Clinton going out in public and saying that. She'd never get a job in politics again.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
1ball
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:14:21 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
In the interest of fairness, I'll repost my skeptical/cynical statement from the other thread with the names and circumstances changed to blame the also guilty.

These tactics don't bother me a bit. By employing a by-any-means-necessary approach to getting into power, the religious collectivists have morally authorized a by-any-means-necessary approach to keeping them out of power. I'm going to vote as effectively as I can against the most dangerous collectivists regardless of who they pander to. If they've done their calculations correctly, when it comes down to election day, anybody who is going to vote against the Dem plantation because of these tactics is going to be more than offset by the addition of more votes because of these tactics. If the tactics backfire, oh well, I'm glad I don't have kids. Either way, we'll get the government we deserve, unfortunately.


My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:40:27 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
@ elitfromnorth,

WRONG!!!!!!!

This is the question,


RobinMaxwell760 wrote:


NOW IS THEIR CHANCE TO COME CORRECT!!!

Call your party out for doing the same thing now that you so hated in the RNC(as I did). Or forever be dismissed as a hypocrite poster child.

The arguement is NOT whether you agree or disagree with the party position change, it's whether you agree with the way it was done by fiat from the Party command ...or not.dontknow

RM


Let the shit-slinging, verbal abuse and liberal name calling begin.



The question is very clear, don't try to cross the issue. Please try again!

RM



"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
Buz
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 8:46:49 PM

Rank: The Linebacker
Moderator

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 9,629
Location: Atlanta, United States
I was not surprised at all. The Democrats have NO values whatsoever. They are just like Republicans except they are more cowardly. I despise the crooked GOP but I truly hate the spineless democRATS!

They did it for one reason only, Obama's pollsters told them that they would lose the American moderate middle in the election unless they did that.




CleverFox
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:43:11 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 483
Location: United States
If what you say is true then that is a shame but I am a great believer in the saying "Don't believe anything hear and only half of what you see."

I haven't watched either of the conventions and I would have to verify both of these convention changes before I believe them.
Guest
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 1:00:37 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 821,069
I'm all for the discussion (which I participate in elsewhere, because Lush is my home for other things), but I'm not sure that explicitly encouraging name-calling and verbal abuse is a wise thing to do. In fact I think it comes dangerously close to violating forum rules. I'm not admin (obviously) and I'm really not trying to throw weight around that I don't have; it just seems to me that legitimate discussion gets lost in the chaos of dickishness and assholery enough, without outright encouraging it. Have fun, everybody.

And for the record, I think changing or ignoring the rules to suit a single purpose or goal is stupid, but that's the extend to which I'll be participating in this discussion, on this site. Cheers.
sprite
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 1:06:09 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 20,358
Location: My Tower, Madagascar
LadyX wrote:
Totally agree, Robin! That was awful.


Hate to agree, but yeah, it was pretty embarrassing Embarassed



Love not hate.
Kitanica
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 1:10:39 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/16/2011
Posts: 885
Location: The Sprawl, United States
I heard it was done with 2/3 majority
sprite
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 1:12:10 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 20,358
Location: My Tower, Madagascar
Garza wrote:
I heard it was done with 2/3 majority


lol - if you'd actually seen it it sounded like it was 50/50 at best



Love not hate.
SatinBatty
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 2:52:02 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/13/2010
Posts: 198
The party that brought you John Kerry- The Demoflipfloppers. They finally got the "big change" that Obuma was voted in for lol
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 5:47:04 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
CenterLine wrote:
but I'm not sure that explicitly encouraging name-calling and verbal abuse is a wise thing to do. In fact I think it comes dangerously close to violating forum rules. I'm not admin (obviously) and I'm really not trying to throw weight around that I don't have; it just seems to me that legitimate discussion gets lost in the chaos of dickishness and assholery enough, without outright .......


It's called sarcasm.

Here in America it's ok to call out Republicans on anything, even things they don't say or do.
But if you call a Democrate out for something they did do, you will usually be attacked for it in a most vile manner. I am truly happy to see the post have not gone that way and have been quite civil.

RM


"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
Guest
Posted: Friday, September 7, 2012 6:40:18 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 821,069
Sure. I was just saying.

And I would challenge your premise about what you can and cannot expect with regards to calling out politicians based on party, but maybe it's a regional issue. I'm in a pretty balanced area, even though the democrats here like to think of it as super-liberal. I'm pretty aggravated by everybody. All the time. In truth though, I've been too distracted to pay much attention this cycle. I'm not out there volunteering like I used to, and I don't feel as bad about it as I thought I would.
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 12:25:34 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
It wasn't the politicians I was speaking of, it was the rank-and-file American that gets slammed by their opposite number that I was referring to. We are sometime( as Oscar Wilde put it;) the devil of our choosing and hell is how we designed it(blatant plagiarism).

We beat on each other like NAZI brown shirts if one of us dares to voice a word of decention with the popular movement all the while claiming how we embrace our first amendment.

I so hate hypocrisy. Especially in the name of "freedom of speech"



RM




"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2012 4:48:45 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,773
RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
It wasn't the politicians I was speaking of, it was the rank-and-file American that gets slammed by their opposite number that I was referring to. We are sometime( as Oscar Wilde put it;) the devil of our choosing and hell is how we designed it(blatant plagiarism).

We beat on each other like NAZI brown shirts if one of us dares to voice a word of decention with the popular movement all the while claiming how we embrace our first amendment.

I so hate hypocrisy. Especially in the name of "freedom of speech"

RM



One of the truisms about freedom of speech, I've found, is that the 1st Amendment protects freedom of speech, not freedom from backlash, counter-pointing, boycotting, and general angst as a result of your protected free speech. For instance, the Dixie Chicks after they expressed embarrassment from sharing a home state with George W. Bush., and consequently, radio stations and tour companies steered clear of them completely. Sure, they're free to say those things, but they can't cry 1st Amendment when their free speech results in public outrage.

Would you not agree that such a phrase applies with regard to dissent within/from the popular movements you're referring to?
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 7:20:19 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
LadyX wrote:


One of the truisms about freedom of speech, I've found, is that the 1st Amendment protects freedom of speech, not freedom from backlash, counter-pointing, boycotting, and general angst as a result of your protected free speech. For instance, the Dixie Chicks after they expressed embarrassment from sharing a home state with George W. Bush., and consequently, radio stations and tour companies steered clear of them completely. Sure, they're free to say those things, but they can't cry 1st Amendment when their free speech results in public outrage.

Would you not agree that such a phrase applies with regard to dissent within/from the popular movements you're referring to?


I would agree completely, no question.

I didn't agree with anyone that just wanted to call the Dixie chic's names, not much point in calling someone a name accept to try and marginalize that person. Bully them into going away and keeping their opinions to them self because your position is to weak to defend. But others have the right not to play their records. Never thought it was a good idea to express your political opinion if your in the entertainment industry because you're going to piss off half your audience.

I think the point I was making earlier and with my last post was the way an exchange of differing points of view many times cascades into nothing more than name calling like ...oh...I don't know....ummm oh yeah; "FUCKTARD" for no other reason than "I don't agree with you".

It's a lement that I've had for years and being a CA. conservative ( one of only 6 allowed in the state) I been called : sexist, racist, bigot, homophobe, facist, nazi, bible-thumping redneck (never got that connection but ok.) so many times by simply expressing my point of view that those words have no meaning anymore.

In conclusion; Just because The first Amendment gives you the right to call someone a flaming Jack-ass, doesn't mean that you always should.

I know you would agree at least with that last point.

RM

P.S. I think "W" was embarrassed to share a state with the Dixie chic's, he was just too polite to say it where someone would hear, let alone infront of an audience. Not real smart.

"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:55:31 PM

Rank: Moderator Emeritus
Moderator

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 3,404
Location: The wilder parts. , United States
RobinMaxwell760 wrote:


I would agree completely, no question.

I didn't agree with anyone that just wanted to call the Dixie chic's names, not much point in calling someone a name accept to try and marginalize that person.


Which is why you called me a useful idiot, right? Hypocrite. And the word you meant was except. There are adult literacy classes in California, I'm sure. Check one out.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:47:51 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,866
Location: Cakeland, United States
RobinMaxwell760 wrote:


I would agree completely, no question.

I didn't agree with anyone that just wanted to call the Dixie chic's names, not much point in calling someone a name accept to try and marginalize that person. Bully them into going away and keeping their opinions to them self because your position is to weak to defend. But others have the right not to play their records. Never thought it was a good idea to express your political opinion if your in the entertainment industry because you're going to piss off half your audience.

I think the point I was making earlier and with my last post was the way an exchange of differing points of view many times cascades into nothing more than name calling like ...oh...I don't know....ummm oh yeah; "FUCKTARD" for no other reason than "I don't agree with you".

It's a lement that I've had for years and being a CA. conservative ( one of only 6 allowed in the state) I been called : sexist, racist, bigot, homophobe, facist, nazi, bible-thumping redneck (never got that connection but ok.) so many times by simply expressing my point of view that those words have no meaning anymore.

In conclusion; Just because The first Amendment gives you the right to call someone a flaming Jack-ass, doesn't mean that you always should.

I know you would agree at least with that last point.

RM

P.S. I think "W" was embarrassed to share a state with the Dixie chic's, he was just too polite to say it where someone would hear, let alone infront of an audience. Not real smart.


If you ever felt I called you a fucktard simply because I disagreed with your point of view, that's not entirely true. I could have called you any other suitable yet disparaging adjectives, but for the sake of brevity and conciseness - I am fond of distilling it all down to Fucktard.

Most likely those people who you felt were slandering your sensibilities with those words you've shared above, were probably trying to find the correct label to paint on your forehead and keep themselves from touching another 65 to 120 or so lettered keys.

Please see above for all the reasons I typically refer to someone as being a fucktard.

If I disagree with your point of view and you're being a sexist, racist, homophobic, redneck...you might get those tossed in as well. But if you're simply too lazy to use a spell checker (thinking it's our fault if we can't grasp what you're trying to say) or if you type the big two and three syllable words and are so damned sure you have the spelling right - that you refuse to check a dictionary prior to posting....

On a website especially which is all about writing, reading, editing, etc...

Then you sir, are...umm, oh yeah - a fucktard. (not real smart)

Please... carry on.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:00:06 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
CoopsRuthie wrote:


Which is why you called me a useful idiot, right? Hypocrite. And the word you meant was except. There are adult literacy classes in California, I'm sure. Check one out.


CoopsRuthie!!!

Thought you said you weren't talking to me anymore?
I did refer to you as "what Stalin refered to as a useful idiot" in another post. I'm just surprised that you took it as "name calling" or an insult of any type. From what I read of you posts I thought you would wear it as a badge of honor. Oh and you caught another typo of mine, we are going to put a big smiley-face next to your name as the good little girl of the day! You're so very mature.

BTW, does "troll" count as name calling?

RM

"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:06:13 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
WellMadeMale wrote:


If you ever felt I called you a fucktard simply because I disagreed with your point of view, that's not entirely true. I could have called you any other suitable yet disparaging adjectives, but for the sake of brevity and conciseness - I am fond of distilling it all down to Fucktard.

Most likely those people who you felt were slandering your sensibilities with those words you've shared above, were probably trying to find the correct label to paint on your forehead and keep themselves from touching another 65 to 120 or so lettered keys.

Please see above for all the reasons I typically refer to someone as being a fucktard.

If I disagree with your point of view and you're being a sexist, racist, homophobic, redneck...you might get those tossed in as well. But if you're simply too lazy to use a spell checker (thinking it's our fault if we can't grasp what you're trying to say) or if you type the big two and three syllable words and are so damned sure you have the spelling right - that you refuse to check a dictionary prior to posting....

On a website especially which is all about writing, reading, editing, etc...

Then you sir, are...umm, oh yeah - a fucktard. (not real smart)

Please... carry on.


Mmmmmmmmmm...... I'm feeling all that love and tolerance from the left that I always hear about. All that uber compassion.

Or

Was that just a lame excuse for bad behavior?

RM

P.S. are you really a moderator on this forum? Really?




"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:17:35 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,866
Location: Cakeland, United States
RobinMaxwell760 wrote:

P.S. are you really a moderator on this forum? Really?


You don't comprehend very well either do you? I don't see the title moderator anywhere in the first sticky post by the site owner.

Maybe you should take your concerns to MrNudiePants or LadyX... providing you haven't totally pissed all over their bowl of Post Toasties already.

If a problem arises where you feel a site representative really needs to intervene, these should be your first points of contact:

http://www.lushstories.com/MrNudiePants
http://www.lushstories.com/ladyx
http://www.lushstories.com/WellMadeMale

If it's a trivial irritation, please take a breath of fresh air outside instead. This forum should be more or less self regulated.


You're only doing this to yourself, Robin. Don't kill the messenger, pal.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Ruthie
Posted: Saturday, October 6, 2012 12:08:12 AM

Rank: Moderator Emeritus
Moderator

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 3,404
Location: The wilder parts. , United States
RobinMaxwell760 wrote:


CoopsRuthie!!!


BTW, does "troll" count as name calling?

RM


I certainly hope so. Otherwise I'm wasting my keystrokes.
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:07:56 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
WellMadeMale; thanks for setting me sooo straight. It's so clear to me now that "fitst point of contact" and "moderator" are night and day apart! How the hell did I connect those dots??? I am so sorry for referring to you as a moderator, it will never happen again. Promise. I'm going to go get a fresh bowl of post toasties now.( that was so mature)


CoopsRuthie; you are wasting your keystrokes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.


"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2012 11:20:21 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,866
Location: Cakeland, United States
RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
WellMadeMale; thanks for setting me sooo straight. It's so clear to me now that "fitst point of contact" and "moderator" are night and day apart! How the hell did I connect those dots???


You didn't. You still aren't making the connections. Unfortunately, we don't utilize paint by numbers, here.

RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
I am so sorry for referring to you as a moderator, it will never happen again. Promise. I'm going to go get a fresh bowl of post toasties now.( that was so mature)

You shouldn't need a fresh bowl of Post Toasties (but a few other people have probably already refused their servings).

Mr.NudiePants and LadyX are thread mediators (unless they've been upgraded recently and I haven't checked). I'm just a gardener.

Do you really need someone to draw you a picture, Robin? Maybe those are more your speed?


I can do that for ya, pal.



Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.