Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Brad No. 5 Options · View
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:54:36 AM

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:24:28 AM

I see what they were trying to do with the concept, but it's just overwrought. I hate when perfume ads try to pretend to be something that they're not. It's very oldschool. As soon as I see a celebrity endorsing a perfume, I walk away.

Not to mention Chanel No. 5 makes me gag.

Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:23:40 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
I see what they were trying to do with the concept, but it's just overwrought. I hate when perfume ads try to pretend to be something that they're not. It's very oldschool. As soon as a see a celebrity endorsing a perfume, I walk away.

Not to mention Chanel No 5 makes me gag.

I agree. I really hate it when they use a Celeb to push a product. Makes it seem like the product cant sell on its merits.

Is it just me or does Brad Pitt always look like he needs a shower? Hot guy but sometimes I question his hygiene!LOL
principessa
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:05:21 AM

Nikki703 wrote:

Is it just me or does Brad Pitt always look like he needs a shower? Hot guy but sometimes I question his hygiene!LOL

Perhaps they are trying a new strategy in that the celebs in scent ads are usually selling products for their own gender. This is aspirational in a different way. Instead of helping us be like them - Charlize Theron, Keira Knightley, etc. - this tells us the perfume might help us get someone like Brad.

I have never understood his appeal. No, thank you. Of course it helps that Chanel No. 5 is awful on me. I like Allure by Chanel much better.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:46:29 PM

Chanel #5.

It is what my grandmother swiped on her wrists. But she passed away in 1985 and was 73 at the time! Chanel #5, it's so...1940s

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
principessa
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:38:27 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Chanel #5.

It is what my grandmother swiped on her wrists. But she passed away in 1985 and was 73 at the time! Chanel #5, it's so...1940s

You are so right, WMM. It is a grandmother scent. Maybe that is why I don't like it and why they are trying to update it with Brad Pitt.