Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Can Romney/Ryan get elected? Options · View
Guest
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:42:21 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 883,530
Grizzleebare wrote:


WE could do a fifteen minute compilation of the intelect of the Socialist party the guy that is a body with a grin behind it the Grand Clown of your party JOE BIDEN! Not to mention WE could also do one on OBAMA that would EQUAL the hack job on Bush. One example when he called our Army Corpmen CORPSMEN not once not twice but THREE TIMES. Or just recently at the debates when he said that Our soldiers USED to use bayonets and horses well the ARMY AND MARINES STILL USE BAYONETS I know our SON & DAUGHTER are in The Iowa Army National Guard, Not to mention our soldiers in Afganastan and Iraq HAVE USED HORSES,MULES and CAMELS! Goes to show how much THIS SO CALLED Comander in Chief knows about our (modern military)



Can someone tell me what intelect is? I'm not intellectual enough to figure it out.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:31:28 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 11,207
Location: Cakeland
Grizzleebare wrote:


And your point is???


Aside from you and most all the GOP supporters here, coming across as inarticulate, under-educated, informed by all the wrong resources and shouldn't be allowed to even own a computer with an internet connection where you can all congregate together easier, you mean?

LushStories is an open society but it is also a very progressive website...why in the hell do you people think you can come here and spew your fucktardedness and not be called out for what you are?

That's my main point, of course all the above flies right over the eyebrows of you and the pre-rich wannabe Koch-Brothers financed/co-opted TeaParty Republican opposition.

You & Hard and Robin should really form your own party, Griz...there's a few women here you can take with you and nominate 1Ball to be the leader.

I know your political ilk like kinky perversions too and thus you feel like you belong at Lush, but really... I don't think you do. Fortunately, I'm not running this website... (fortunately for you that is) evil4

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:45:02 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 11,207
Location: Cakeland
roymunson101 wrote:



Can someone tell me what intelect is? I'm not intellectual enough to figure it out.


Roy...you need to dumb yourself down to the intellectual level of a functional drug-abusing 16 year old, who twice flunked fourth grade, then dropped out of junior high school before deciding that robbing gas stations and 7-11 convenience stores was a solid career path - before you can even begin to comprehend the lingo common to the garden variety lower class Amerikan Patriot, US flag wrapped, Bush & Reagan& War loving imbeciles, who discovered that Rent-a-Center started renting pre-owned personal computers for $20.99 a week (back in 1999).

There are entire websites devoted to these people.

See: DrudgeReport for instance.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
1lush
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:45:49 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/16/2012
Posts: 1,030
Location: Eastern, United States
I sure hope he get elected.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:15:06 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 883,530
This thread just keeps getting better. I've needed some laughs lately and this is right on the mark with it. Keep them coming boys and girls. 2407_group_hug
Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:15:07 PM

Rank: Empress of the Moon
Moderator

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 4,374
Location: The moon.
Grizzleebare wrote:

NAME ONE PROGRAM HE CUT JUST ONE! My guess is you are to cowardly to answer my question and your NON RESPONSE will be the answer. I can name one but I will wait for YOUR answer before reveling mine.


Here are quite a few programs cut in President Obama's 2012 budget. If you were willing to actually find out things for yourself instead of believing everything you hear on right wing radio and Fox news you'd know that the Obama administration has spent less than any other administration in the last forty years. The mess we are in was caused by George W. Bush's policies. Romney will take us back to those failed policies.

And please stop shouting.

Adolescent Family Life Program, Department of Health and Human Services
Agricultural, Forestry, and Fishing Program, Department of Health and Human Services
B.J. Stupak Olympic Scholarship, Department of Education
Brownfields Economic Development Initiative, Department of Housing and Urban Development
Bureau of Labor Statistics - International Labor Comparison Program, Department of Labor
Byrd Honors Scholarships, Department of Education
C–17 Transport Aircraft Production, Department of Defense
Career Pathways Innovation Fund, Department of Labor
Center for Excellence for Veterans Student Success, Department of Education
Children and Families Services’ Job Demonstration Program, Department of Health and Human Services
Children’s Hospital Graduate Medical Education Payment Program, Department of Health and Human Services
Christopher Columbus Fellowship Foundation
College Textbook Rental Pilot Initiative, Department of Education
Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory, National Science Foundation
Delta Health Initiative, Department of Health and Human Services
Denali Commission, Department of Health and Human Services
Diesel Emissions Reduction Grant Program, Environmental Protection Agency
Economic Action Program, Department of Agriculture
Education Research Centers, Department of Health and Human Services
Election Reform Grants, Election Assistance Commission
Emergency Operations Center Grant Program, Department of Homeland Security
EP-X Manned Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Aircraft, Department of Defense
Erma Byrd Scholarship Program, Department of Education
Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle, Department of Defense
Farm Service Agency Loan Programs - Direct Conservation Loans, Department of Agriculture
Farm Service Agency Loan Programs - Guaranteed Farm Operating Subsidized Loans, Department of Agriculture
Forest Resources Information and Analysis, Department of Agriculture
Graduate STEM Fellows in K–12 Education, National Science Foundation
Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
Health Care Facilities and Construction, Department of Health and Human Services
Health Care Services Grant Program, Department of Agriculture
Health Workforce Activities Including Allied Health and Other Disciplines, Department of Health and Human Services \
High Energy Cost Grants, Department of Agriculture
Historic Whaling and Trading Partners, Department of Education
Inter-City Bus Security Grant Program, Department of Homeland Security
International Forestry, Department of Agriculture
Joint Strike Fighter Alternate Engine, Department of Defense
LANSCE Refurbishment, Department of Energy
Legal Assistance Loan Repayment, Department of Education
Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnerships Program, Department of Education
Local Government Climate Change Grants, Environmental Protection Agency
Management of National Forest Lands for Subsistence Uses, Department of Agriculture
Mobile Enforcement Team, Department of Justice
Multifamily Housing and Community Facilities Loan Guarantees, Department of Agriculture
Multifamily Housing Revitalization Demonstration Program, Department of Agriculture
National Biological Information Infrastructure, Department of the Interior
National STEM Distributed Learning (Digital Library), National Science Foundation
National Wildlife Refuge Fund, Department of the Interior
Non-Line of Sight Launch System, Department of Defense
Off-Campus Community Service, Department of Education
Park Partnership Project Grants, Department of the Interior
Patient Navigators, Department of Health and Human Services
Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant, Department of Health and Human Services
Public Broadcasting Grants, Department of Agriculture

http://








sprite
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:23:23 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 23,847
Location:
Grizzleebare wrote:

I can name one but I will wait for YOUR answer before reveling mine.


revealing.

reveling: To take great pleasure or delight or to engage in uproarious festivities; make merry.

bunny


LadyX
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:01:45 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,771
Hey Grizzleebare, what's a democrate? And why are you shouting?
JessicaX
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:50:40 PM

Rank: Story Verifier
Moderator

Joined: 6/6/2011
Posts: 1,082
This may say it all. The Salt Lake City Tribune, Romney's Mormonism "Capitol" city's hometown paper has endorsed Obama. Read their endorsement editorial below:

Tribune endorsement: Too Many Mitts
Obama has earned another term
First Published Oct 19 2012 12:13 pm • Last Updated Oct 24 2012 03:41 pm

Nowhere has Mitt Romney’s pursuit of the presidency been more warmly welcomed or closely followed than here in Utah. The Republican nominee’s political and religious pedigrees, his adeptly bipartisan governorship of a Democratic state, and his head for business and the bottom line all inspire admiration and hope in our largely Mormon, Republican, business-friendly state.

But it was Romney’s singular role in rescuing Utah’s organization of the 2002 Olympics from a cesspool of scandal, and his oversight of the most successful Winter Games on record, that make him the Beehive State’s favorite adopted son. After all, Romney managed to save the state from ignominy, turning the extravaganza into a showcase for the matchless landscapes, volunteerism and efficiency that told the world what is best and most beautiful about Utah and its people.

In short, this is the Mitt Romney we knew, or thought we knew, as one of us.

Sadly, it is not the only Romney, as his campaign for the White House has made abundantly clear, first in his servile courtship of the tea party in order to win the nomination, and now as the party’s shape-shifting nominee. From his embrace of the party’s radical right wing, to subsequent portrayals of himself as a moderate champion of the middle class, Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: "Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?"

The evidence suggests no clear answer, or at least one that would survive Romney’s next speech or sound bite. Politicians routinely tailor their words to suit an audience. Romney, though, is shameless, lavishing vastly diverse audiences with words, any words, they would trade their votes to hear.

More troubling, Romney has repeatedly refused to share specifics of his radical plan to simultaneously reduce the debt, get rid of Obamacare (or, as he now says, only part of it), make a voucher program of Medicare, slash taxes and spending, and thereby create millions of new jobs. To claim, as Romney does, that he would offset his tax and spending cuts (except for billions more for the military) by doing away with tax deductions and exemptions is utterly meaningless without identifying which and how many would get the ax. Absent those specifics, his promise of a balanced budget simply does not pencil out.

If this portrait of a Romney willing to say anything to get elected seems harsh, we need only revisit his branding of 47 percent of Americans as freeloaders who pay no taxes, yet feel victimized and entitled to government assistance. His job, he told a group of wealthy donors, "is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Where, we ask, is the pragmatic, inclusive Romney, the Massachusetts governor who left the state with a model health care plan in place, the Romney who led Utah to Olympic glory? That Romney skedaddled and is nowhere to be found.

And what of the president Romney would replace? For four years, President Barack Obama has attempted, with varying degrees of success, to pull the nation out of its worst financial meltdown since the Great Depression, a deepening crisis he inherited the day he took office.

In the first months of his presidency, Obama acted decisively to stimulate the economy. His leadership was essential to passage of the badly needed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Though Republicans criticize the stimulus for failing to create jobs, it clearly helped stop the hemorrhaging of public sector jobs. The Utah Legislature used hundreds of millions in stimulus funds to plug holes in the state’s budget.

The president also acted wisely to bail out the auto industry, which has since come roaring back. Romney, in so many words, said the carmakers should sink if they can’t swim.

Obama’s most noteworthy achievement, passage of his signature Affordable Care Act, also proved, in its timing, his greatest blunder. The set of comprehensive health insurance reforms aimed at extending health care coverage to all Americans was signed 14 months into his term after a ferocious fight in Congress that sapped the new president’s political capital and destroyed any chance for bipartisan cooperation on the shredded economy.

Obama’s foreign policy record is perhaps his strongest suit, especially compared to Romney’s bellicose posture toward Russia and China and his inflammatory rhetoric regarding Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Obama’s measured reliance on tough economic embargoes to bring Iran to heel, and his equally measured disengagement from the war in Afghanistan, are examples of a nuanced approach to international affairs. The glaring exception, still unfolding, was the administration’s failure to protect the lives of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans, and to quickly come clean about it.

In considering which candidate to endorse, The Salt Lake Tribune editorial board had hoped that Romney would exhibit the same talents for organization, pragmatic problem solving and inspired leadership that he displayed here more than a decade ago. Instead, we have watched him morph into a friend of the far right, then tack toward the center with breathtaking aplomb. Through a pair of presidential debates, Romney’s domestic agenda remains bereft of detail and worthy of mistrust.

Therefore, our endorsement must go to the incumbent, a competent leader who, against tough odds, has guided the country through catastrophe and set a course that, while rocky, is pointing toward a brighter day. The president has earned a second term. Romney, in whatever guise, does not deserve a first.






tazznjazz
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 3:00:56 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/30/2012
Posts: 329
Location: under bright lights, United States

But Utah is not in play according to the map, but is in Mormon cowboy landdontknow
crazydiamond
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:14:49 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,303
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Grizzleebare wrote:


WE could do a fifteen minute compilation of the intelect of the Socialist party the guy that is a body with a grin behind it the Grand Clown of your party JOE BIDEN! Not to mention WE could also do one on OBAMA that would EQUAL the hack job on Bush. One example when he called our Army Corpmen CORPSMEN not once not twice but THREE TIMES. Or just recently at the debates when he said that Our soldiers USED to use bayonets and horses well the ARMY AND MARINES STILL USE BAYONETS I know our SON & DAUGHTER are in The Iowa Army National Guard, Not to mention our soldiers in Afganastan and Iraq HAVE USED HORSES,MULES and CAMELS! Goes to show how much THIS SO CALLED Comander in Chief knows about our (modern military)



JessicaX
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:23:47 PM

Rank: Story Verifier
Moderator

Joined: 6/6/2011
Posts: 1,082
Grizzleebare wrote:


WE could do a fifteen minute compilation of the intelect of the Socialist party the guy that is a body with a grin behind it the Grand Clown of your party JOE BIDEN! Not to mention WE could also do one on OBAMA that would EQUAL the hack job on Bush. One example when he called our Army Corpmen CORPSMEN not once not twice but THREE TIMES. Or just recently at the debates when he said that Our soldiers USED to use bayonets and horses well the ARMY AND MARINES STILL USE BAYONETS I know our SON & DAUGHTER are in The Iowa Army National Guard, Not to mention our soldiers in Afganastan and Iraq HAVE USED HORSES,MULES and CAMELS! Goes to show how much THIS SO CALLED Comander in Chief knows about our (modern military)


You have obviously missed the point of the President's remarks. He was responding to Romney's false claim that under Obama we will have fewer fleet ships than anytime since 1916 - which is another Mitt lie (under W we reached a low, and have more ships now under Obama.)

Do you seriously think we have more or the same number of horses and bayonets than we did in 1916? I suppose your equally po'd Clinton got rid of every single battleship in our Navy.

Romney and the desire for a 320 ship navy came directly from the former Secretary of the Navy Lehman. These old dinosaurs of the Cold War are exactly who Romney listens too. Why do you think he thinks Russia (at least he knows it isn't the USSR) is our greatest threat?

God helps us if this bunch gets back in power, after they get finished with the world, we will need need all the horses and bayonets we can find. That's all that will be left.




ChadJ
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:40:48 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 10/24/2012
Posts: 1
Location: Canada
Just judging from the reasoned, rational comments from one side and the crazed lunatic rants from the other side, I know who I would vote for if I could. I really hope you Americans get your act together down there before the election. I am worried that a lot of you are turning into a nation of honey boo-boos.
Abbey
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:58:29 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 1/5/2011
Posts: 4
Women wake up! Romney and Ryan's positions are clear if only you look at their behavior and not what they are saying to get elected.

In 1983, Romney pres­sured a woman to ignore her doctors’ advice to terminate her pregnancy after she suffered a life-threatening complication – and another woman claims Romney tried to bully her into giving her son up for adoption by threatening her with excommunication from the Mormon Church.

Incredibly, when he was running for public office in the ’90s, Romney presented himself as a pro-choice candidate. These days, he says he believes abortion should only be legal in cases of rape, incest or when the mother’s life is in jeopardy.

BUT as a bishop in the Mormon Church in the 1980s, Romney’s views were far more rigid and coldhearted, Carrel Hilton Sheldon revealed, a woman who was a member of his “ward” (congregation).

In 1983, Carrel, already a mother of four, was in her eighth week of pregnancy when she de­veloped a potentially lethal blood clot. She was given an overdose of the blood thin­ner Heparin, which caused severe internal bleeding and extensive damage to her kidneys. On the verge of needing a transplant, doctors recommended she terminate the pregnancy to save her life.

Carrel’s husband, Garret Sheldon, says that as his wife lay in her hospital bed with her life “in peril,” Romney visited repeatedly to badger her into carrying the child to term.

Romney’s behavior prompted his church superior, Harvard-trained physician Dr. Gordon Williams, to intercede.

“Even HE believed my wife should terminate her pregnancy!” recalled Garret. “He said to Mitt, ‘Hey, this is threatening her life – back down!’”

Carrel later told about the devastating experience, recalling that Romney heart­lessly told her: “As your bishop, my concern is with the child.”

Author Ron Scott also wrote about the incident in his book “Mitt Romney: An Inside Look at the Man and His Politics.” Scott says that after Romney was unable to persuade Carrel to continue her pregnancy, he went to her parents’ house to make his case.

“I have never been so up­set about anything in my life,” Phil Hilton, Carrel’s father, told Scott, adding that he ordered the young bishop out of his home and was prepared to “throw (Romney) off the porch if he paused for even a sec­ond.”

In another case the following year, Peggie Hayes had a run-in with Romney that changed the way she viewed both him and the Mormon Church forever.

A former baby sitter for Mitt and Ann Romney’s five sons, the now- 52-year-old woman says the GOP candidate had been a father figure and mentor to her during her teen years.

“The relationship we had de­veloped made me feel that I could always rely on him during times of adversity. I grew to trust that Mitt would always be there to support me through the toughest of times.”

But that all changed in 1984, when Peggie says the young bishop com­pletely shattered what she’d always believed was an “unbreakable bond” between them.

At the age of 24, Peggie – who was divorced and raising a 3-year-old daughter alone – learned she was pregnant again. Unwed and scared, she leaned on Mitt and Ann for mor­al support.

But shortly after the birth of her son, Dane, Romney visited Peggie at her home and told her that, because she was raising the new­born without the help of his biological father, the church expected her to give up the baby “so that he could be adopted by a Mormon couple in ‘good stand­ing.’ ”

“And if I chose not to give my son up for adoption,” Peggie continued, “Mitt essentially threatened me by saying I would be excommunicated by the church.”

Peggie refused to give up her son, who’s now an electrician living in Salt Lake City. And although she wasn’t excommunicated, she never saw or spoke to Romney again.

“His staunch conservative actions proved to me that his loyalty to the Mormon Church will always take precedence over innocent people’s lives,” she declared.

This is the real man who would be President.
MontanaMike
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:56:12 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 6/6/2011
Posts: 5
I've never voted democrat until I voted for Senator Tester. I have never voted for a democrat President. I almost voted for Kerry because he was a decorated combat vet and Bush - at best, was a Sunday soldier. I didn't vote for Kerry in the end because he was a flip-flopper.

I've never seen anyone like Romney in politics in my life. In flops more than a trout in a fry pan.

He is against Obama's 2014 date certain to be out of Afganistan...now he is for it.
He says coal plants kill people...now he's pro coal.
He is a businessman - what has he ever sold except Americans out of jobs?
He told us he loves putting business "right" - He told us he "likes firing people."
No government money to save auto industry...now that is what he said he wanted to do.
He was against equal pay for women...now he can't say.
He wants ilegals to "self deport"...now he says he wants dreamers to stay?
He won't tell us specifics about what deductions he wants to cut...he makes up "buckets" of deductibles, sometimes $17,000 and sometimes it's $25,000.
He will cut college grants, but still has a plan...you should borrow money from your parents, duh!
He passed Romneycare, now he doesn't want that for everyone.
He promises 12 million new jobs, while governor he was 47 out of 50 in job creation.
He cares about 100% of us, in private he says he doesn't care about the 47% who are freeloaders.
He says his plan covers pre-existing condition, only if you already have insurance.
He believed in global warning...now, not so much.
He said we have to place military options now vs Iran, now he thinks Obama is playing it right.
He says teachers unions are the problem, but he loves teachers- who does he think make up the union?
His prolife, pro abortion, prolife, and abortions only to save a woman...now exception incest - are you kidding me?
But when he said he would not go after Osama unless he asked for Pakistan's permission...and now said he thought Obama did it the right way...are you kidding me?

If you really think he can cut the deficit, by cutting taxes by 20% and spending an additional 2 trillion dollars on Defense, remember this...if every single deduction was cut...with the exception of capital gains that he pledges will not get cut... We are still down over 6 trillion.

Like Clinton says...it's Arithmetic.

The only reason you will vote for Romney is because you hate Obama so much. I can see why you can relate to Romney with his 11 homes, elevators for his Cadillacs, and hundreds of millions of dollars...and he is white. You will vote against your own interest, your daughters' interest, and the nation's interest. You have fallen for the lies of the conservative media. Or maybe, just maybe...you just can't get passed a Black man being smarter, better looking, family blessed, richer, more successful, and more powerful than you are. Here is your chance to "put him in his place."
AmberLynn
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:36:01 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 11/4/2011
Posts: 1
Oh Mike, I hope you are wrong about the Obama haters, but it does seem to answer what I've been asking myself. Why would anyone ever even think of voting for Mittens?
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:54:19 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,771
AmberLynn wrote:
Oh Mike, I hope you are wrong about the Obama haters, but it does seem to answer what I've been asking myself. Why would anyone ever even think of voting for Mittens?


Because they're either wealthy, Christian theocrats, wacky individualists, believe the "Obama's a socialist!" nonsense, or want the black guy out of office by any means necessary. If I weren't a minority woman without a trust fund, I'd say this country deserves what it gets if we elect pieces of shit like Romney: plutocracy's Hope and Change candidate.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:57:08 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 23,847
Location:
there's a perverse part of me that hopes Romney wins, so that i can, i 2 years time, tell y'all 'i told you so'. :)


charlie1980
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:36:36 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 12/16/2011
Posts: 19
Location: United Kingdom
As a person looking on the American election from afar it beggars belief that there is even a chance of him being elected.

I guess it shows how "young and naive" a country it really is with a whole load of people who are too unwilling to listen to reason based on antiquated and ridiculous beliefs.

Good luck one and all if this the latest republican idiot gets into power!
crazydiamond
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:32:21 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,303
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
charlie1980 wrote:
As a person looking on the American election from afar it beggars belief that there is even a chance of him being elected.

I guess it shows how "young and naive" a country it really is with a whole load of people who are too unwilling to listen to reason based on antiquated and ridiculous beliefs.

Good luck one and all if this the latest republican idiot gets into power!


Lapplause

ByronLord
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:57:29 PM

Rank: Forum Guru
Moderator

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 855
Location: Massachusetts, United States
sprite wrote:
there's a perverse part of me that hopes Romney wins, so that i can, i 2 years time, tell y'all 'i told you so'. :)


What makes you think that they would remember the promises made or recognize the fact that they have been broken - apart from the one about even bigger tax cuts for Mitt. And they will probably increase the military budget but only to start a war with Iran.

I don't get how starting a pointless war and sending US soldiers off to fight it is 'supporting the military'. The expected result of an invasion of Iraq was the death of between 1% and 2% of the Iraqi population and the rise of Iran as the regional power. And that is exactly what happened.

The Bushies were so dim that the guy that they accepted the bogus WMD intel from and were planning to make President of Iraq was identified as an Iranian agent back in the mid 1990s. The US dropped Chalabai after the NSA accused him of telling the Iranians that their diplomatic cipher had been broken after one of the Bushies had stupidly told Chalabai information obtained from the diplomatic channel.

The last GOP adventure made Iran the regional superpower. Under Obama the Iranian religious authorities have been the least secure that they have been since the revolution. The green movement of 2009 was entirely the product of the local Iranian opposition and came rather closer to toppling the regime than many imagine. But it was only possible because Obama refused to help the religious authorities with the usual idiot chest thumping rhetoric of the sort Romney gave in the third debate.

Right now the Iranian regime is under the most crushing sanctions ever. Their currency has fallen by 80%. There is a very real prospect of regime change if the current policy is carried out to completion. But if Romney gets in then it will be a bay of pigs type approach and the US will lose because every country rallies round the flag when attacked and the mullahs are more willing to lose a million lives than the US is willing to lose ten thousand over that cause.

Worst case under Obama is that you get another four years like the last. Most likely case under Romney is you get another four years like W. Bush.

Best case under Romney is you get four years like the last four.

Ruthie
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:44:07 PM

Rank: Empress of the Moon
Moderator

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 4,374
Location: The moon.
sprite wrote:
there's a perverse part of me that hopes Romney wins, so that i can, i 2 years time, tell y'all 'i told you so'. :)


I've had this thought too, but like LadyX I don't have a trust fund. The Romney/Ryan tax plan would increase taxes on most of us, especially on the poor and middle class. Only the rich will get the cuts he's promised. Funding for programs for the poor would be cut, Medicaid and SNAP and TARP programs which are used by poor families, especially young, poor single mothers. The worst part of the austerity that Romney and Ryan propose would fall directly on the poor, especially women and minorities. Programs meant to help the working poor, like the child tax credit and the earned income tax credit would be cut out.








http://








Green_Man
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:50:45 PM

Rank: Primum Omnium

Joined: 6/9/2012
Posts: 2,623
Location: A copse of cottonwoods
tazznjazz
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:21:43 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/30/2012
Posts: 329
Location: under bright lights, United States
The real scary part isn't Romney, It's Ryan a heartbeat away from the presidency.confused5
angieseroticpen
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 5:58:21 AM

Rank: Story Verifier
Moderator

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 1,561
Location: United Kingdom
Abbey wrote:
Women wake up! Romney and Ryan's positions are clear if only you look at their behavior and not what they are saying to get elected.

In 1983, Romney pres­sured a woman to ignore her doctors’ advice to terminate her pregnancy after she suffered a life-threatening complication – and another woman claims Romney tried to bully her into giving her son up for adoption by threatening her with excommunication from the Mormon Church.

Incredibly, when he was running for public office in the ’90s, Romney presented himself as a pro-choice candidate. These days, he says he believes abortion should only be legal in cases of rape, incest or when the mother’s life is in jeopardy.

BUT as a bishop in the Mormon Church in the 1980s, Romney’s views were far more rigid and coldhearted, Carrel Hilton Sheldon revealed, a woman who was a member of his “ward” (congregation).

In 1983, Carrel, already a mother of four, was in her eighth week of pregnancy when she de­veloped a potentially lethal blood clot. She was given an overdose of the blood thin­ner Heparin, which caused severe internal bleeding and extensive damage to her kidneys. On the verge of needing a transplant, doctors recommended she terminate the pregnancy to save her life.

Carrel’s husband, Garret Sheldon, says that as his wife lay in her hospital bed with her life “in peril,” Romney visited repeatedly to badger her into carrying the child to term.

Romney’s behavior prompted his church superior, Harvard-trained physician Dr. Gordon Williams, to intercede.

“Even HE believed my wife should terminate her pregnancy!” recalled Garret. “He said to Mitt, ‘Hey, this is threatening her life – back down!’”

Carrel later told about the devastating experience, recalling that Romney heart­lessly told her: “As your bishop, my concern is with the child.”

Author Ron Scott also wrote about the incident in his book “Mitt Romney: An Inside Look at the Man and His Politics.” Scott says that after Romney was unable to persuade Carrel to continue her pregnancy, he went to her parents’ house to make his case.



“I have never been so up­set about anything in my life,” Phil Hilton, Carrel’s father, told Scott, adding that he ordered the young bishop out of his home and was prepared to “throw (Romney) off the porch if he paused for even a sec­ond.”

In another case the following year, Peggie Hayes had a run-in with Romney that changed the way she viewed both him and the Mormon Church forever.

A former baby sitter for Mitt and Ann Romney’s five sons, the now- 52-year-old woman says the GOP candidate had been a father figure and mentor to her during her teen years.

“The relationship we had de­veloped made me feel that I could always rely on him during times of adversity. I grew to trust that Mitt would always be there to support me through the toughest of times.”

But that all changed in 1984, when Peggie says the young bishop com­pletely shattered what she’d always believed was an “unbreakable bond” between them.

At the age of 24, Peggie – who was divorced and raising a 3-year-old daughter alone – learned she was pregnant again. Unwed and scared, she leaned on Mitt and Ann for mor­al support.

But shortly after the birth of her son, Dane, Romney visited Peggie at her home and told her that, because she was raising the new­born without the help of his biological father, the church expected her to give up the baby “so that he could be adopted by a Mormon couple in ‘good stand­ing.’ ”

“And if I chose not to give my son up for adoption,” Peggie continued, “Mitt essentially threatened me by saying I would be excommunicated by the church.”

Peggie refused to give up her son, who’s now an electrician living in Salt Lake City. And although she wasn’t excommunicated, she never saw or spoke to Romney again.

“His staunch conservative actions proved to me that his loyalty to the Mormon Church will always take precedence over innocent people’s lives,” she declared.

This is the real man who would be President.



Thanks for this insight Abbey. Having personally known someone who 'escaped' Mormonism when she left home, and, having read the Book of Morman for myself, I can tell you to beware of these people. I am not against people having belief's and will defend anybody's right to have them but I am always wary of those who beliefs are extreme. Sooner or later their 'indocrination' clicks in and takes over. This man is being considered a potential economic savoiur for the USA. He may well be a good businessman and have economic policy ideas that are appealing but this man will also be Commander In Chief of the American military machine. If his beliefs mean he cannot have compassion on a single Mom struggling to bring up her children how will he be when confronted with an international crisis? Will he send in the Marines if the colour of their skin doesn't fit!

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
tazznjazz
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 3:16:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/30/2012
Posts: 329
Location: under bright lights, United States
JessicaX
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:46:10 AM

Rank: Story Verifier
Moderator

Joined: 6/6/2011
Posts: 1,082
sprite wrote:
there's a perverse part of me that hopes Romney wins, so that i can, i 2 years time, tell y'all 'i told you so'. :)

I can certainly understand your feelings Sprite. The frustrating thing to me in that scenario is that now that the President has the economy starting to rebound, Romney will get the credit for fixing everything. Similar to Reagan getting credit for freeing the hostages minutes after he was sworn into office.






lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:01:43 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,697
Location: Alabama, United States
So you're saying after he's blamed W. for all the economic woes during his own Presidency, now Pres. Obama will now get credit for any economic advancement in a Romney presidency? Now THAT is the American way! It's always someone else's fault when shit is bad and never someone else's fortune when shit is good. You've just defined the entire two party system.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:02:47 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,697
Location: Alabama, United States
Cock punch.

I don't agree but this is still funny.







When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:50:30 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,771
lafayettemister wrote:
So you're saying after he's blamed W. for all the economic woes during his own Presidency, now Pres. Obama will now get credit for any economic advancement in a Romney presidency? Now THAT is the American way! It's always someone else's fault when shit is bad and never someone else's fortune when shit is good. You've just defined the entire two party system.


I agree that the blame and credit are always handed out in accordance with partisanship, but there's no denying that recoveries and downturns don't happen instantaneously, or in reaction to real-time events. We can't simply tack current conditions and actions onto the current president and call it a correct analysis, regardless of which party you pull for. But of course, that won't stop the benefiting side from claiming credit, or likewise.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.