Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

GALS, Another breast question? Options · View
KOJA
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:24:45 PM

Can any of you gals explain to us guys how you measure a breast's cup size! Fugly
CurlyGirly
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:47:58 PM

You're welcome.

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:48:53 AM

Understanding Bra Sizes If you just don`t understand all the numbers in getting a bra that fits then here are some tips to help you. Follow these steps to ensure you are shopping for a bra in the correct size..

1st Step:
Measure Under the Bustline
Measure underneath the bustline and make sure to measure tightly. Also, make sure the tape is straight across the back. If you come up with a half measurement, like 32 1/2, round UP to 33”. If you measure between 32 and 32 1/2, round DOWN. (In general, the rule of thumb for all measuring is: less than 1/2”, round DOWN, more than a 1/2”, round UP.)
Write this measurement Down. This is Measurement 1

2nd Step:
Calculate Your Cup Size
If MEASUREMENT 1 is UNDER 33 inches, add 5 inches. If this number is odd, round up to the next EVEN number. If MEASUREMENT 1 is over 33 inches, add 3 inches. If this number is odd, round up to the next EVEN number. Write this EVEN number down. This is your BAND SIZE.

3rd Step:
Calculate Your Size
First, subract MEASUREMENT 1 from MEASUREMENT 2. Then consult the following chart to find your CUP SIZE.Subract MEASUREMENT 1 from MEASUREMENT 2. If MEASUREMENT 2 Is: Your
CUP SIZE is:

0” larger than MEASUREMENT 1--------------------AA
1” larger than MEASUREMENT 1--------------------A
2” larger than MEASUREMENT 1--------------------B
3” larger than MEASUREMENT 1--------------------C
4” larger than MEASUREMENT 1--------------------D
5” larger than MEASUREMENT 1--------------------DD

Ever wonder why DD is bigger than D but AA is smaller than A?

Mazza
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 11:07:17 AM

Wow nikki, that was a great response!

I went and got properly measured and it makes a huge difference to how you feel about your boobs and how they sit...
KOJA
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 2:00:24 PM

Nikki--thanks alot you have answered a question that i have always wondered about,but also being a guy i have noticed alot of ladies wearing bras that just look to confining,i would hate having a pair of pants that fit that tight across the waist all day! ok ladies now that nikki as showed you how to measure for a correct fitting bra---have your partner measure you and have fun with it!!! of coarse i still like to reduce it on down to braless,but i will accept a correct fitting bra that allows you gals to breath!! thanks again.binky binky binky
Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:44:55 PM

KOJA wrote:
Nikki--thanks alot you have answered a question that i have always wondered about,but also being a guy i have noticed alot of ladies wearing bras that just look to confining,i would hate having a pair of pants that fit that tight across the waist all day! ok ladies now that nikki as showed you how to measure for a correct fitting bra---have your partner measure you and have fun with it!!! of coarse i still like to reduce it on down to braless,but i will accept a correct fitting bra that allows you gals to breath!! thanks again.binky binky binky

HAHA!! its not like it is a secret, I just googled "how to measure correct bra size". Or you can just go to a store and get a proper bra fitting. Nothing worse than an uncomfortable bra!

But can anyone answer why there is AA and DD? Why no CC or BB? LOL!!
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 1:06:02 AM

Well at least I squeeze in at an A
shawnababy
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 10:30:59 PM

well no matter what you "measure" as different styles and brands of bras fit different. I have bras in 3 different cup sizes and they all fit because of that.