Best Meal

last reply
34 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Gals, what was the best meal you ever had?
Matriarch
0 likes
Something along these lines at a top of the pile Japanese restaurant - I think the bill was around $500 for 2 of us - luckily it was a company expense write-off

Pea Soup with Bitter Chocolate Sorbet

Smoked Ocean Trout & Avruga Caviar

Leek & Crab Custard

Scallop Carpaccio with Red Wine Vinaigrette

Confit of Petuna Ocean Trout with Konbu, Daikon & Fennel
Seasonal Green Salad

Ravioli of Spanner Crab with Tomato & Basil Vinaigrette

Grilled Fillet of Barramundi with Braised Nameko, Enoki & Woodear Mushrooms

Twice Cooked De-Boned Spatchcock with Olive & Caper Jus

Grilled Wagyu Beef with Lime & Wasabi

Comte with Lentils

Betroot & Blood Orange Sorbet
Strawberry Shortcake

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with White Beans & Dates

Chocolate Terrine with Mascarpone & Cognac Anglaise

Coffee & Petit Four
Matriarch
0 likes
And this comes close...

Lurker
0 likes
Mmm, all of that sounds scrumptious, with the exception of the mushrooms. I don't like them. That's a dinner to remember. And you had to eat that while sitting on a pillow?
Matriarch
0 likes
lol. no. that's a popular misconception. we sat at a nice table with very plush padded chairs.

In japan I've sat on the floor - very uncomfortable I found. I asked for another cushion
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
my fave has to be either chilli-con-carni or my mum's top recipie, chinese sausage with chicken and rice in pot.

because the 2nd is a family recipie i don't expect anyone else to have a clue
but... it's basically a comfort food like spag bol, and party food like birriani in one dish

it's great!
*~*xX/ ;) i'm not joking/Xx*~*
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOL...Sorry Lush but by your list it almost seemed like a week long meal! I have never had Japanese food so I don't really have anything to compare it with....lol. The picture looks like raw fish though and I am not a fish fan AT ALL!!! I don't like Mushrooms either Rocco! YUCK!

ok but the best meal I ever had has to be something that I cooked myself lol...j/k really it was something that probably seems terribly funny to most. It was a cubed steak meal that my one time boyfriend cooked for me. I consider it the best because we had been together for like 2 years and he had NEVER cooked for me and then all of a sudden he got a wild hair up his ass and cooked me this really good meal. But, that wasn't what totally made it the best meal for me....it was the atmosphere and the way he presented it to me, the surroundings, and everything involved that really made it memorable.RpZrWFjbtOgUBY69
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
smile aye, that makes it really special -- tell him he needs to play a wild-card more often!
*~*xX/ ;) i'm not joking/Xx*~*
Lurker
0 likes
You said it was a one-time boyfriend, fystee. I hope any new ones make you a special meal like that again (and bring flowers for the table, too).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hope so too Rocco! I said it was a one-time boyfriend because it was somebody that I totally devoted my life to at that time and I thought we would be together forever and then he fucked up....like big time....lol.

Next time, flowers are a must!!! as well as the dinner...lol!!! and the drink!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I always think it's hard to choose one best. I've had meals from all over that world in all different countries but, sometimes just a simple cheese, wine and fruit can do the trick. Guess it depends on who you're with and how you're feeling.
I've also ate a meal off of a body once. Since it turned out to be a future husband, it was pretty good too! LOL!
Lurker
0 likes
That gave you an idea for the honeymoon, right, Chef?
Lurker
0 likes
you betcha, food handcuffs, ah the good old days.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
wow Lush.

was that long list of food all in one go? or was that over the course of several days?
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
The best meal I've ever had included a caesar's salad, fiesta-lime chicken, rice, a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, and a couple of glasses of white zin. All while gazing into some amazing eyes.

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

And the final part of Book 3 of Mac and Grace's story:

In a New York Minute - Part Twenty-Nine - Chapters 111-114

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Monday 2/18/08, we went to a food/resturant show. There were 16 rows of tables about 100 yards long. Half were with food. Beef of all kinds and cook many ways, pork, chicken, turkey, shrimp, lobster, crap, HB's and fries, breads, CHEESE, pizzas, desserts of all kinds. Bee, wine Malts shakes, smoothies and 100's of coffees and teas to drink; plus new and old pops and juices. A wine garden about 200' x 200' with 100's of bottles to try.

Took us about 6 hours to go throught it all. I was so stuffed, I didn't eat till Tuesday night.

$15.00 per person if a owner of a bussiness, $25.00 if not. So my sweetie took me and $30.00.

If you get a chance, try a food show.

Heard the best Fair and Ride show for carnivals in FL. We going to try to see it.

Bat
Lurker
0 likes
Holy Food Heaven, Bat. That sounds exquisite. I can see myself with a new brand of beer I've never had and a sampling of all kinds of food. Let us know what you think of the Fair and Ride show, and what you had.

Tech, you described a meal I had with a sassy redhead last week. What are the odds?
Lurker
0 likes
Alright, Lush. Cut that out!

Starts doing a samba.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I thought this post was about the best 'FOOD'.

Damn, I feel stupid now.

Best 'MEAL' then, next to my sweetie, would be an ex-hooker.
She tasted great and the main coarse was only topped by the desert, which lasted for hours.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Food, meal.......whats the difference?? LOL
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
The best meal would have been a Chicken Lasagna I had at this funky little restaurant with this great guy in Durban about 2years ago... Until this day Chicken Lasagna is still my favourite food.FZHpXAJsVteYeIwF
Lurker
0 likes
Fresh ceasar salad, pasta with basil pesto, wine, finished with shared italian cheesecake and espresso with sambuca served in a little tiny restaurant in NYC 20 years ago. Never ate there again and never had pesto like it since, but it was a fabulous romantic meal for two. I forget what hubby ate but I'm sure it once had a mommy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Swordfish steak when i was on holiday in cyprus...and a bit of my besty's little brother's seafood platter...calamari, king tiger prawns and red snapper...i do love my seafood
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Homemade chicken parmesan with a great red wine, followed by tiramisu.
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Lurker
0 likes
The best meal I ever had was in Greece in a taverna near the sea...
starter-calamari and feta cheese with chilli baked in foil
main-freshly caught sword fish grilled with a rocket side salad and chips
I don't know if it was just because it was a beautiful Summer evening and I could smell,hear and see the sea and the food was fresh and delicious and I was on holiday with friends and we all were having a great time but that was my favourite meal
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The best meal I have ever had changes all the time but recently I would say a shrimp and lobster coconut rundown on fettucini at Evitas in Ocho Rios Jamaica totally delicious and a atmosphere at that restaurant to die for!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd have to split it up by category...
Best breakfast: Tie between Salty's at Alki's breakfast buffet or hubby's place before he was hubby. He made me waffles. He made me swoon.
Best lunch: A sandwich buffet at Ceasar's Palace in Lake Tahoe, pick your bread, and pick from about 12,692 ingredients. I still remember my lobster/smoked turkey/provolone/grilled veggies/roast beef/Dutch crunch bread with a French dip. Delicious!
Best dinner: Duck L'orange in Paris at the Bistro 1900. It was 23 years ago, but it was one impressive meal.

Runner up, my mother and I stopped at a place near Monterey, CA that was a combination bookstore/restaurant that was famous for it's popovers. Good food, incredible views AND books? I guess it went out of business because I've tried to find it ever since with no luck.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
thick juicy hamburger cooked on a grill and a glass of ice tea
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
My favourite thing I've had is lobster spoons, with warm butter... Most of the meals that make me swoon involve fresh seafood.

A close second, however, is a caviar omelette with herbed sour cream and rosti potatoes, mimosas, candied ginger ice-cream, and russian tea sweetened with cherry varenya (sour cherries in a sugar/lemon syrup) at the Russian Tea Room in NYC. It was fun to be so decadent in the morning.