Number of Orgasms

last reply
32 replies
6.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello, I'm an author of erotic romance and I have several readers who proof my work before I submit the manuscripts to my publishers. One of the things that seems to keep coming up in the valuable critique they offer is that my heroines tend to orgasm too often. A few have mentioned it throws them out of the story due to the incredulous unbelievability of the frequency of orgasms.

So, my question for the women here is... how many is crossing the line of reality? My intimate scenes usually have between five and ten orgasms between the hero and heroine at each encounter, with the majority going to the heroine.

My personal experience in real life is jaded,because my wife comes 5-10 times when we make love. But she is very susceptible to orgasm, and after 18 years, I've learned her body well. So I understand that 10 O's might be excessive. At the same time, it is important for the readers to immerse themselves into the fantasy. But... like mentioned above, I don't want to throw anyone out of the story if the frequency is too much.

Any thoughts, info, personal beliefs/experiences anyone wishes to share, would be greatly appreciated.

Brindle Chase

paranormal • erotic • romance
www.forlorn-hope.net
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
5-10 orgasms is rather unbelievable. For me at least. Even reading some of the stories on here makes me laugh at the shear number in such a short time.
From my personal experiences, and I'm sure each woman is different, I usually have 2-3 orgasms during a sexual encounter. This includes foreplay, oral, penetration, and after-play. There are times when I have more and even rare times when I just don't have any.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jillicious
5-10 orgasms is rather unbelievable. For me at least. Even reading some of the stories on here makes me laugh at the shear number in such a short time.
From my personal experiences, and I'm sure each woman is different, I usually have 2-3 orgasms during a sexual encounter. This includes foreplay, oral, penetration, and after-play. There are times when I have more and even rare times when I just don't have any.

That is typically how it works for me as well. But I have a friend that told me she had 13 then quit counting. I am gonna believe it too. She used to live next door to me (shared wall) and I frequently heard many many O's from her . Another friend told me the most she has had is 9. Good for them . On the other end of the spectrum I know some who have never had the big O , or only rarely get there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2 is about my normal limit. There are times it happens more if i'm with someone who really turns me on, but that is very rare. If I can have a third, i'm usually to wioed out to do much more than sleep
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
The number of orgasms I have really depends on my mood, who I'm with, and what I'm doing... it really varies.

I would say that 10 sounds rather excessive though. I don't think very many women are capable of that (at least not the real full-bodied kind of orgasms).

On an average sexual encounter, I'd say 3-4 seems like the norm for me.

I would also say that if you're writing about it, 10 is a lot to cram into one sex scene! I enjoy the build-up of getting there... even when reading about sex. It makes the fantasy more intense and interesting. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem as special if you have your female character constantly in the throes of an orgasm with every single bit of stimulation she receives.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm with D_D. 3-4 is my limit as well, I'm kind of tired by the time I get to the fourth, if I get there at all. It takes a while to bring me to orgasm
Lurker
0 likes
Ok, there is two types of orgasm's. I will not dispute what your wife does with you. For me there is the orgasm that is a D.I.Y one that seems to pulse when you cum, with me it's usually about 7 times - but an orgasm with penetration is much more nicer, a bit like Supermarket's finest range of Orgasm haha. It's differant, it's quiter but much more pleasurable??????? I have totally forgot what the question was now lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you, I truly appreciate the feedback. The elusive happy medium between fantasy and reality... well, it still eludes me. But I do manage to please most of my readers. As mentioned, it comes up often as feedback, so I'm still working at perfecting that aspect.

paranormal • erotic • romance
www.forlorn-hope.net
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
I have totally forgot what the question was now lol

You crack me up, sometimes HB. In a good way.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, It is quite possible to have that many. Obviously it would depend on the partners and the intensity of the encounter.

I have been in situations where I was lucky if I has ONE, lol Most importantly I have been with the right person and the right chemistry to have the extreme multiples over a period of 2-3 hours. I won't go into how many. lol The key is to slowly move into the intensity and let it slide from intense to subtle and back. If your partner is a caring and giving lover he can keep you going for a long long time. The intensity of mulitples may not be as strong or earth shattering as one or two very big ones but the sweetness of them is something to truly enjoy.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
The number of orgasms I have really depends on my mood, who I'm with, and what I'm doing... it really varies.

I would say that 10 sounds rather excessive though. I don't think very many women are capable of that (at least not the real full-bodied kind of orgasms).

I would also say that if you're writing about it, 10 is a lot to cram into one sex scene! I enjoy the build-up of getting there... even when reading about sex. It makes the fantasy more intense and interesting. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem as special if you have your female character constantly in the throes of an orgasm with every single bit of stimulation she receives.

you know DD ... we ARE twins!! Shoes, baths, toys and now orgasms!!!

high five!!

Van
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shyone
Yes, It is quite possible to have that many. .

ohhh gnarly
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by HoneyBee000
I have totally forgot what the question was now lol

You crack me up, sometimes HB. In a good way.

:d/ I do try WMM.
Lurker
0 likes
Interesting question and how did I miss this one.

Are talking about those little mini's that many women get early in the session?

Or are we talking about the kind that your partners has taken you someplace very special place and all you can think is "Oh My God!"

Or are we talking about the levels between these two?

As your partner is taking up and down the scale of the ultimate pleasure who is counting?

But certainly more than 5 or ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To be honest, I've never counted how many orgasms I've had during intercourse.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me... usually 1 or 2... however, i've only had one partner that made me go a helluva lot more than that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think 1-2 per encounter is the norm for me. Hubby sometimes gets creative and likes to see if he can wear me out. My record is seven and then about a ten hour nap.

But we're talking about fantasy. I think 3 would be sufficient. Like another poster mentioned, it really doesn't seem real if she cums from his every touch.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
although, on occasion during a lengthy session of sexual play, i have achieved a greater number then 2-3, it is rare, and it is usually over the course of a day or night, not a matter of an hour or so. i would have to say that when reading a erotica, if the number goes much beyond 2-3 my suspension of belief gets serverly taxed, especially when each one is a earth shattering, scream out loud until your voice is raw orgasm. now, as WHR43 stated, yes, there are those quiet little tremors, and they are lovely, but i get the impression you're talking about the BIG ones here?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If the lover is good takes his time, he should get one while dining at the Y, then does what his partner wants, well it could easily be 2 to 3 maybe more. For men, in my younger days four or five were no problem at all, but now, two is about it, but as long as the vitamin V keeps working, I'm giving as many as possible.
Well that's just my opinion, sorry if you don't like.

BigDaddyRich
Lurker
0 likes
Depends on the girl, depends on how horny she is, depends on how long you're going at it. I can have several orgasms, sometimes even more than 10. To me, it's perfectly believable.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

This is my thought exactly. It is the means of arriving at an orgasm that does it for me, assuming it is well written.

A bit like some irritating Hollywood movies - the fact that one set of squealing tyres in a car-chase scene are exciting, should not lead one to assume a thousand squealing tyres are a thousand times more exciting. Substitute "orgasms" for "squealing tyres" and that sentence still holds up I think.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jillicious

exactly what I would have said. I would say 3-5 between the two characters is more realistic.
Lurker
0 likes
I would have to say 2 - 3 for me. If I'm more turned on than usual, I can maybeeee have 4, but that would be the most.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Mine would depend on my mood. but normaly 2 or 3. can do 4 if pushed to do the 4th lol
Lurker
0 likes
I orgasm once sometimes twice if it's daytime or morning sex. I reach orgasm much faster when having sex with a women than I do with a man, that's not a criticism of men as I love having sex with them to, it's just the way I am.
Lurker
0 likes
My marine got me off 5 times back to back one night. It felt amazing. I told my best friends and they were shocked. Many of their bf's can barely make them have one orgasm. That is the most i have but we are planning to try to break that record.
Lurker
0 likes
If it is fiction, just keep em cumming. Let the editors deal with grammar and punctuation and keep their definition of reality to themselves. Readers and people in general will always say something just to say something. Publishers? Listen politely unless they are forking over some cash. Then cum as many or as few times as they ask.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
it really depends but I am thinking that 4 is about my upper limit for one session. Over the course of the day that is entirely different.