Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A Mosque at ground zero. Options · View
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:09:10 PM

I think it disturbing that this is even an issue at all. The sight in question was hit by debree from one of the planes and body parts found at the sight. Am I wrong or was there a Greek Orthodox church destroyed at the same time?. When asking for permission to rebuild thay were told no. This is a religion that still debates the extermination of Jews and other religions islamists deem improper. There is well over a hundred mosques within the city alone. The 9/11 sight has not much muslim nor any large religious populations. This is stricktly a trophy sight for all the liberals and those from the muslim world.
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:21:11 PM

tandie wrote:
I think it disturbing that this is even an issue at all. The sight in question was hit by debree from one of the planes and body parts found at the sight. Am I wrong or was there a Greek Orthodox church destroyed at the same time?. When asking for permission to rebuild thay were told no. This is a religion that still debates the extermination of Jews and other religions islamists deem improper. There is well over a hundred mosques within the city alone. The 9/11 sight has not much muslim nor any large religious populations. This is stricktly a trophy sight for all the liberals and those from the muslim world.

Is that really true? Do you have a source? Seems pretty unfair to them. I wonder if it was on some technicality or an expired lease that was too expensive to renew. Now I'm really curious to find out why they weren't allowed.

Rembacher
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:37:24 PM

tandie wrote:

You are right, there was a Greek Orthodox church which had it's plans to build rejected, but to mention that in this debate is extremely misleading. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/18/leaders-disappointed-government-declares-deal-rebuild-ground-zero-church-dead/ If you read the article, you will see that that the Greek Orthodox church was refused, not the right to build, but public funds to help them do so. And don't worry, it's from Fox News, so you can't complain about liberal media bias, or any of that other bullshit.

This community center being proposed is being built entirely with private money, so that is not an issue. And the rest of your arguments seem as flawed as that. You yourself brought up the Greek Orthodox church, so that makes two religious communities mentioned in your very post, for an area you claim has no large religious population. As for your views on Muslim beliefs, that's like me taking a look at the Klu Klux Klan, and then claiming that the Christian religion advocates the elimination of all non-white races. Sure, you will find people who fulfill your assessment, but far more who believe nothing like that.

If I have one pet peeve, it's people who spout off on ideas without bothering to take the time to research their statements. Especially online, with this website called google (maybe you've heard of it?) there is no excuse for not checking your facts. I may still disagree with you, and in this case, I definitely would, but at least I would be able to respect that you know what you are talking about, and respect me enough not to waste my time with false information.
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:40:47 PM

Damn that was fast... Thanks Jebru.

If that's not getting hit with some knowledge, I don't know what is.

Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:46:28 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/17/ground-zero-church-archdiocese-says-officials-forgot/

Just a source of information. Please for "gods" sake consider the source and research further, if necessary.

Personally, being a greek american this does not affect me in the slightest, and before not trusting in the word, I was taught that if you turn a stone over, there, you will find him. So why do we need another church? Kinda like lawyers, there are enough of them in the world.
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 7:10:34 PM

Faiz Kahn is one of the leaders trying to build the 9/11 mosque. He is part of the "Truther Movement." These are people who believe 9/11 was an inside job. He, along with Imam Faisal founded the American Society for Muslim Advancement. The mosque is being built at ground zero because it is ground zero. Imam Faisal wrote a book whose title was a call for islamization of the world. He even quoted "from the ashes of ground zero." This is a financial district where people rarely go to worship. I guess it doesn't bother you that bin laden is still concidered an outstanding member in the Muslim community and that groups like Hamas support Imam Faisal. Does it at least bother you that Faisal won't call Hamas a terrorist group?
Rembacher
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 8:38:33 PM

tandie wrote:
Faiz Kahn is one of the leaders trying to build the 9/11 mosque. He is part of the "Truther Movement." These are people who believe 9/11 was an inside job. He, along with Imam Faisal founded the American Society for Muslim Advancement. The mosque is being built at ground zero because it is ground zero. Imam Faisal wrote a book whose title was a call for islamization of the world. He even quoted "from the ashes of ground zero." This is a financial district where people rarely go to worship. I guess it doesn't bother you that bin laden is still concidered an outstanding member in the Muslim community and that groups like Hamas support Imam Faisal. Does it at least bother you that Faisal won't call Hamas a terrorist group?

Again with half truths, if not out right lies. Who still considers Bin Laden and outstanding member of the Muslim community? Also, from the information I can find, Faiz Kahn is not part of the "9/11 mosque," but was involved with organizations that Imam Faisal is involved with. This painting of all Muslims with one brush based on the actions of a few outliers is just ridiculous, if not scary. I could keep going back to my KKK comparison, but you don't seem to pay attention to that, so I will mention my other comparison. Senator Joseph McCarthy. "If you are against me, you are a communist" or in this case, a Muslim terrorist. I've been involved with projects for the Canadian Cancer Society, and the Canadian Diabetes Association, but that doesn't mean I agree with the thoughts of everyone who was a part of those projects or organizations.

As far as terrorists groups supporting this community center, once again this goes back to the message and the medium being two different things. Bad people can still support good ideas. An independent thinker will try to examine the idea on it's own, and make up his or her own mind, rather than base a decision based on what other people think of it. And you may be right that people won't go to worship often. Which is probably understandable since it is a COMMUNITY CENTER not a mosque. There will be a prayer room there, but that is not the focus of the project.

And finally what is wrong with a Muslim leader calling for the "Islamization" of the world? What is the difference between that statement and the Christian desire to convert the world? Same theory, just different religion. Someone believes in their religion enough to feel that they need to "save" others from damnation. It's damn annoying when they try to convert you, but hardly evil.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:35:39 PM

Hell, what's the big deal.

Just do like the previous administration would've done and build the damned thing with NewYork labor union muscle and quality. Then during the construction, bug the shit out of every room, put miniature cameras in every vent and turn the whole monitoring project over to some newly created department of Homeland Insecurity and hire another 1500 people to spy on those who visit the new mosque.

Problem solved.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
SadBi-Virgin
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 9:39:36 PM

So I lost track is the *cultural center* that is planned for *several blocks away from ground zero* still being built? If so good the man behind it is a good man who is a true ally of the U.S.A.
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:24:10 PM

SadBi-Virgin wrote:
So I lost track is the *cultural center* that is planned for *several blocks away from ground zero* still being built? If so good the man behind it is a good man who is a true ally of the U.S.A.

..well, i dont know about all that.. all i know is that if we fight it, we're not being very good Americans; plus it sends a message world-wide that we have essentially declared a cultural war against Islam.. (Personally, i don't give a mousefart what happens)

Boo hoo!
SadBi-Virgin
Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:27:14 PM

anton_b_ruin wrote:
SadBi-Virgin wrote:

..well, i dont know about all that.. all i know is that if we fight it, we're not being very good Americans; plus it sends a message world-wide that we have essentially declared a cultural war against Islam.. (Personally, i don't give a mousefart what happens)

Boo hoo!

he is an informant for the CIA and FBI.