Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:50:38 AM

Dudealicious wrote:
Curlygirly wrote:
I would like to see a sort of fail safe popup that appears before you are going to send a message to your entire friend list. I just accidentally spammed all my friends, and would have appreciated a message that said something like "Do you really want to send this message to EVERYONE on your list? You do realize that this might prevent you from sending any other PMs today?" If yes, please click send now or something like that.

I typed a friend's name into the box and the system was slow in sending the little drop down for me to click on that specific name, so I just hit sent with his name typed in and every one of my friends got the message. I did not click on the send to all friends box that is there. I've received accidental spam PM's on more than one occasion, so I know I'm not the only idiot, I mean Lushie, who might have benefitted from this helpful fail safe. Really, I'm just asking you to save us from ourselves!! Embarassed

Thanks again for the pics CG, some of them made me scratch my head though Shhh

Dammit CG, you promised that if I sent those to you that you would never show them to anybody!!!!

Embarassed
Buz
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:38:55 PM

I know! I know! I should use the preview button when I am posting on The Forum, but I often forget or get in a hurry. I am dyslexic and have to proof read much more than most people and even at that it is so easy to miss something with this annoyance called dyslexia. But I do wish that I could correct my typos in The Forum after I have posted something.

(This post was proofread 5 times and I made numerous type corrections and if I missed something all I have to say is DAMNIT!)

Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:53:24 PM

Buz wrote:
I know! I know! I should use the preview button when I am posting on The Forum, but I often forget or get in a hurry. I am dyslexic and have to proof read much more than most people and even at that it is so easy to miss something with this annoyance called dyslexia. But I do wish that I could correct my typos in The Forum after I have posted something.

(This post was proofread 5 times and I made numerous type corrections and if I missed something all I have to say is DAMNIT!)

Ummm, do you mean like hitting the "EDIT" button that appears next to the "QUOTE" button on the top right hand corner of your post after you've posted on a forum? Believe me, I use that handy dandy feature more often than I care to admit.
Buz
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:04:47 PM

Curlygirly wrote:
Buz wrote:

Ummm, do you mean like hitting the "EDIT" button that appears next to the "QUOTE" button on the top right hand corner of your post after you've posted on a forum? Believe me, I use that handy dandy feature more often than I care to admit.

An EDIT button next to the QUOTE button does not appear on my screen. I sure wish it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using a Mac, would that make a difference?

Buz
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:08:38 PM

Okay Girly, I see it. Thanks

Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:31:19 PM

Buz wrote:

Glad you found it, Buz. For the longest time, I only saw the "quick reply" button and couldn't figure out how everyone was posting all that fancy stuff. Ha! If you will see by my post above with the improvement/feature change I would like made, you will understand why I can't reply to your PM!! Embarassed
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:37:27 PM

Curlygirly wrote:
Buz wrote:

Glad you found it, Buz. For the longest time, I only saw the "quick reply" button and couldn't figure out how everyone was posting all that fancy stuff. Ha! If you will see by my post above with the improvement/feature change I would like made, you will understand why I can't reply to your PM!! Embarassed

By the way, I only realised yesterday that there was a proper post button...

For the longest time I would quick reply and type a letter then post that and then edit the post... (a very convoluted way of doing it - someone once PMd me, asking if I needed help and was I drunk?)

Since then I realised that if you hit the 'quote' button on someone else's post, then you could just delete the text in the window and post the things you wanted to!!

That's how I've been posting for months...

Seriously, I never saw the proper button until like yesterday!!!

*facepalm*
sprite
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 12:22:21 PM

nicola wrote:
Very apt Chef!

As an aside, "Because" should never be used to start a sentence book

Because why? *giggles*

Love not hate.
nicola
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 2:01:07 PM

mazza wrote:
For the longest time I would quick reply and type a letter then post that and then edit the post... (a very convoluted way of doing it - someone once PMd me, asking if I needed help and was I drunk?)

You are not the only one. I asked Gav to remove the quick reply a while ago, I think it got lost in the backlog. Some people use it for the purpose it was meant, but for most, they are confused why there's no emoticons or options to quote anyone, add pics etc.
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 2:24:49 PM

I like the quick reply!
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 2:26:24 PM

Hey, I've tried this one and it's better.

3some

Sorry!
gav
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:11:56 PM

Curlygirly wrote:
I would like to see a sort of fail safe popup that appears before you are going to send a message to your entire friend list. I just accidentally spammed all my friends, and would have appreciated a message that said something like "Do you really want to send this message to EVERYONE on your list? You do realize that this might prevent you from sending any other PMs today?" If yes, please click send now or something like that.

I typed a friend's name into the box and the system was slow in sending the little drop down for me to click on that specific name, so I just hit sent with his name typed in and every one of my friends got the message. I did not click on the send to all friends box that is there. I've received accidental spam PM's on more than one occasion, so I know I'm not the only idiot, I mean Lushie, who might have benefitted from this helpful fail safe. Really, I'm just asking you to save us from ourselves!! Embarassed

This shouldnt effect your daily limit, if you send to all your friends.

I have added this popup confirmation into the next release, due out next week.

Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:22:32 PM

gav wrote:
Curlygirly wrote:

This shouldnt effect your daily limit, if you send to all your friends.

I have added this popup confirmation into the next release, due out next week.

Thankyouverymuch

I don't care so much about the daily limit, but think it's awesome that this "popup" will be added! :)
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:37:29 PM

just out of curiosity what is the daily limit? i assume it exists so the filters aren;t clogged (like on twitter 200 every hour) but what is the limit?
gav
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:48:59 PM

The daily limit currently is set to 100. This doesnt include messages sent to your friends, just anonymous ones. This is to stop spammers sending out hundreds of blind messages to our users.
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 2:39:37 AM

Dear Gav ....

Isn't there a way to stop people from coming onto Lush, highllighting and copying our stories?

I know you can't right click and copy someone's pics in the gallery, can't we do that to our stories?

I am just another one of the authors here that have had most of my stories stolen and are now on other sites ... and the pain in the ass to get my work back is ridiculous, to say the least.

It doesn't matter if you have a copyright .... date posting of stories verifies one before the other as more original.

Man, I am one p!ssed off woman at the moment!

Thanks Gav, for your response, in advance.

Yahtzee

nicola
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:32:27 PM

Yahtzee wrote:
I know you can't right click and copy someone's pics in the gallery, can't we do that to our stories?

I can confirm, this will be included. It should stop 90% of the thieves out there with any luck Hugs
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:49:33 PM

nicola wrote:
Yahtzee wrote:

I can confirm, this will be included. It should stop 90% of the thieves out there with any luck Hugs

Thank you and Gav, from all of us writers/authors!!

Mwah!

gav
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:58:04 PM

Yahtzee wrote:

Dear Gav ....

Isn't there a way to stop people from coming onto Lush, highllighting and copying our stories?

I am just another one of the authors here that have had most of my stories stolen and are now on other sites ... and the pain in the ass to get my work back is ridiculous, to say the least.

It doesn't matter if you have a copyright .... date posting of stories verifies one before the other as more original.

Yahtzee

Sure thing Ms Yahtzee, go over to SS for a quick demo if you like (may need to refresh your page CTRL F5 to pickup the changes).
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:50:07 PM

gav wrote:
Yahtzee wrote:

Dear Gav ....

Yahtzee

Sure thing Ms Yahtzee, go over to SS for a quick demo if you like (may need to refresh your page CTRL F5 to pickup the changes).

merci beaucoup, Gav!!

that works (actually it doesn't WORK) like a hot damn! drunken

*shakes fists at story stealers!!* Our Gav protects us!

playsit
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:28:30 PM

A PM sent section would be helpful.
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:41:16 PM

I'd like to see a phone app
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:42:47 PM

Not sure if people already asked for it, but it would be great to have time/date stamps on online messages/pokes. Am on a very slow connection, and the messages sent to me don't always appear right away, or not until the next time I log in... and it can get very confusing. Thanks.
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:49:30 PM

ginar wrote:

ditto.
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:19:04 PM

Could we have a 'LIKE' button on The Forum posts so that you could just 'LIKE' someone's post?

Kind of like FaceBook, so the person who posted could see who liked what they wrote...... I think it might encourage interaction between members........

xx SF
Fugly
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:40:04 PM

stephanie wrote:

Could we have a 'LIKE' button on The Forum posts so that you could just 'LIKE' someone's post?

Kind of like FaceBook, so the person who posted could see who liked what they wrote...... I think it might encourage interaction between members........

xx SF

There you go, SF Just for you Big Hugs

LOL sorry, I did this for another thread a little earlier today and couldn't help myself evil4
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:45:56 PM

ginar wrote:

nicola has said numerous times it's in the works although it will have to be a mobile version of the site bc apple doens;t let explicit apps on the store nor do amazon or google
gav
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 8:02:46 PM

playsit wrote:
A PM sent section would be helpful.

There is a sent items link on your messages page.

A mobile site is in the works. Another member mal is helping me out with this, so shouldnt be too much longer.

Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:57:19 PM

I agree with the story thieft and the time date stamp for our connections on pokes and such!
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 3:46:03 PM

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere and I am not a techie so don't know why it happens, but once Lush seems to get to a certain point it crashes. Is this beyond your powers to sort it out. Obviously such a popular site LOL